As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The muggening

• Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That is fucking obscene, I can't believe somebody invented such a weapon

Ten on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Ten0101 wrote: »

i know, right

someone sat there and thought up the best way to collapse someone's lungs intentionally with a minimum of effort

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Some crackhead tried to attack and rape my sister's friend once. Too bad for this guy my sister's friend is like 6'1" and also an FBI agent. Fucker got a stiletto heel in his face and bullet in his shoulder.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    did she ever fuck mulder, butters?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Belruel wrote: »
    My mom went to vegas this weekend to visit with her sisters, and as she was on her way back she stopped at an albertson's to get some ice for her icechest. It was about noon, broad daylight, right out front of the grocery store, and this homeless guy hopped up on drugs and drunk as can be charges her flailing his arms yelling 'I WANT MONEY' and punches her right on the jaw.

Three gay fellows saw this, and the muscular one punched the homeless guy off my mom to the ground, then held him to the hot cement with his foot pressed against the back of his neck. One of the other guys started soothing my mom giving her hugs and telling her she'd be ok, while the third ran to get security in albertson's.

my poor mom's jaw is all swollen and she's all shaken up. i am really curious now as to how common this sort of thing is, and also pretty thankful those fellows were there to help her.

so have any of you homps been mugged before? have you saved any middle aged women from being mugged? maybe you have mugged old women for a quick lump of cash? maybe you're a heroic gay dude; who knows!

tl;dr: my mom got mugged by a homeless dude and saved by three gays

hey

i'm not homeless

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

i know, right

someone sat there and thought up the best way to collapse someone's lungs intentionally with a minimum of effort

From reading about it that shit could do a lot of fucking damage used pretty much anywhere. It talked about it at first being used as protection for divers, and as a last resort that might be damned useful.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's actually been developed for military use.

For personal protection it's pretty retarded though. It would however be really good for Shark protection while diving, expecially considered the the current protection methods end up spreading blood everywhere and invite the other sharks in for a feeding frenzy.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Can't we all just get along? (yes, even with the sharks)

Ten on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Fuck that son, I want to roll with one of these.

http://www.waspknife.com/index.php

What the fuck is that? I saw the video and I still don't know what the fuck that is.

Step 1: Stab someone.

Step 2: Push the little button.

Step 3: Watch the pressurised little can of awesomeness inject freezing pressurised gas into your target and watch them explode.

Step 4: I don't know wash the blood off or something.

that's awesome

i want 20 of those

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008

For personal protection it's pretty retarded though. It would however be really good for Shark protection while diving, expecially considered the the current protection methods end up spreading blood everywhere and invite the other sharks in for a feeding frenzy.

They should have stats, like this number people killed with Wasp knife, compared to this number of people that would have been killed if they were using a Wasp knife.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    did she ever fuck mulder, butters?

No but if she wants she gets free VIP passes to all NASCAR events. Wee!

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    is... is it wrong that i own about 10 different knives, one of which is a neck sheath?

i wear that one when i have to go somewhere where i'll be walking alone, and keep my normal pocketknife in my pocket

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Jigrah wrote: »

They should have stats, like this number people killed with Wasp knife, compared to this number of people that would have been killed if they were using a Wasp knife.

And when you have killed 50 people with it, you get to upgrade to the Wasp knife Mark II, which inserts a small explosive device into their lungs instead which you can deploy at your leisure

Man, I should've been able to come up with something funnier than that

Ten on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    is... is it wrong that i own about 10 different knives, one of which is a neck sheath?

i wear that one when i have to go somewhere where i'll be walking alone, and keep my normal pocketknife in my pocket

As long as you can use a knife without getting all scared theres no problem with it.

My favorite kind of knife right now is this razor blade knife, when it gets dull just flip the blade around, that side too Well just throw in a new razor blade.

I love this thing.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

And when you have killed 50 people with it, you get to upgrade to the Wasp knife Mark II, which inserts a small explosive device into their lungs instead which you can deploy at your leisure

Man, I should've been able to come up with something funnier than that

I was thinking instead of compressed air, why not like a tazer shock eh? We should get in on that.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

what kind of knives are we talkin' here

i have like, 5, i am jealous that you have more pointy things than me

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Apparently for military use it has the advantage of being faster and therefore more silent than a regular knife.

Still, I would love to shove it into a watermelon and press the button.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

no, you're a lady, it's okay

but the dudes who take pictures of them all collected spelling 'knives rule' are kind of odd

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    oh yea, i've studied several styles of martial arts since i was 12, and there was a decent focus on knife fighting; i could hold my own and have no problem hurting someone who means me harm

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    On the way up to Atlanta Pip and I found a gas station selling a bunch of fantasy knives.
    It was weird because the place was pretty backwoodsy and pretty freaking redneck.

Rinder on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just shoot people.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    oh yea, i've studied several styles of martial arts since i was 12, and there was a decent focus on knife fighting; i could hold my own and have no problem hurting someone who means me harm

that's pretty cool, i was only ever taught how to defend against knives, not use them

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Fallout wrote: »

what kind of knives are we talkin' here

i have like, 5, i am jealous that you have more pointy things than me

well, most are normal pocket knives of various kinds, metal ones, wood handles ones, i have a bone handled one that was given to me as a give, but that one has a sheath. i didn't count my throwing hatchet or knives, its not like i carry those with me places.

let me go grab a few and take a picture or something

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Depends. Have you trained realistically with a knife and do you have the guts to use it come rape time? Unless the answers to both of these questions are yes you're doing yourself a major disfavour.

Personally, I've tried and trained with a lot of different weapons, and I'd choose a striking weapon any day. Any damn there is.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Apparently for military use it has the advantage of being faster and therefore more silent than a regular knife.

Still, I would love to shove it into a watermelon and press the button.

I first read your posts and was like wtf are you thinking faster, its just a fuckin knife. Its no faster then any other knife at stabbing people.

Then I figured out you meant it was faster at killing people, which makes sense. I bet after you injected the air into someone once you pulled the knife out it would be like a loud ass fart.

A great alternative use would definitely be on water melons.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Peter Ebel wrote: »

Depends. Have you trained realistically with a knife and do you have the guts to use it come rape time? Unless the answers to both of these questions are yes you're doing yourself a major disfavour.

Personally, I've tried and trained with a lot of different weapons, and I'd choose a striking weapon any day. Any damn there is.

Those extendable batons mean serious business, you could absolutely fuck someone up with one of those. And hey, its pretty compact too.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

As long as you can use a knife without getting all scared theres no problem with it.

My favorite kind of knife right now is this razor blade knife, when it gets dull just flip the blade around, that side too Well just throw in a new razor blade.

I love this thing.

Like this?
    b4a7df91-f770-46dc-96da-f74b1bdd92aa_300.jpg

Yeah they're awesome.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I just shoot people.

Yeh, but do the bullets then blast air into their body? I don't think so!

Ten on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

that's pretty cool, i was only ever taught how to defend against knives, not use them

I assume they taught you how to run first?

Butters on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I just shoot people.

Yeh, but do the bullets then blast air into their body? I don't think so!

I pump people full of sky.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Butters wrote: »

yeah, that was the first day of class (seriously)

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That's pretty awesome of those dudes to get involved.

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

I love this thing.

Like this?
    b4a7df91-f770-46dc-96da-f74b1bdd92aa_300.jpg

Yeah they're awesome.

Exactly, everyone, you should get a knife like this, they really are damn handy.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Taking a knife for a fight is a terrible idea apparently.

Not just for legal ramifications, but the short range exposes you a great deal, and if they grab your forearm and get the knife off you, well it can ruin your day

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

As it should be. Nothing dumber than a martial arts instructor that takes a nonchalant attitude towards knives. I attended a two day seminar once and the dude's motto was something like "If you choose to fight you are going to get cut. No matter who has the knife you are going to get cut."

Butters on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Not just for legal ramifications, but the short range exposes you a great deal, and if they grab your forearm and get the knife off you, well it can ruin your day

that's why i don't use one

blades of hands, fists, shins, knees, feet are all way more versatile than a knife, plus you can't drop them because your palms are damn sweaty

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

As it should be. Nothing dumber than a martial arts instructor that takes a nonchalant attitude towards knives. I attended a two day seminar once and the dude's motto was something like "If you choose to fight you are going to get cut. No matter who has the knife you are going to get cut."

the best teachers i've had all said something like 'if you're fighting, you're already exhausted all other options, and you're probably going to get damn hurt.'

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Where would I look for an extendable baton?

I have been interested in them for a while.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I haven't had a really good knife since I left the farm. I've got a couple of cheap ones around for opening boxes and such, but that's about it. I've been meaning to buy a decent multitool since forever, but there always seems to be something better to spend the money on.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

I assure you, someone grabbing onto your wrist is the easiest problem to solve in a fight. Even easier with a knife since you can inflict a wrist cut or two along the way.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.