As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week: 6/25/08

1246

Posts

  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    About Iron Fist...
    Aren't they kinda already together again seeing as they're both on the same New Avengers team?

    And about Hulk...
    Enough about the the whole Watcher-punching moment. Yes, Uatu's a cosmic being. But he's not a fighter. And if I read the preview pages correctly, he also got sucker-punched. Even Wolverine can get knocked down from a surprise-attack. Maybe if Uatu hadn't been monologuing to the reader, he would have seen it coming with his cosmic awareness (if that's what he uses to see different realities).

    Stop defending Hulk. It makes you a bad person.
    And what about those who act like the entire moment's blasphemous.


    Can't believe they've gone back to stupid hulk. War Hulk was a really fun character and interesting to read about.

    Yeah, but this is Loeb we're talking about - continuity and consistant characterization are not exactly the guy's strong suits. I'm thinking that we'll get the "smart barbarian Banner" from PH/WWH back, once Pak gets ahold of the character again.

    jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It was a good week for comics, but I'd probably put "Immortal Weapons as Office Staff" at the top:

    IMAGE SPOILERS:
    ironfist010oc8.jpg

    ironfist011ps2.jpg

    I really hope Brubaker and Fraction come back to those characters at some point - have them show up in UNCANNY, I don't care.

    Oh SHI-

    I JUST figured out what she meant. ::facepalm::

    Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Look how smart Fat Cobra looks in his office attire - and so well-spoken!

    jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • EckoEcko Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Htown wrote: »
    It was a good week for comics, but I'd probably put "Immortal Weapons as Office Staff" at the top:

    IMAGE SPOILERS:
    ironfist010oc8.jpg

    ironfist011ps2.jpg

    I really hope Brubaker and Fraction come back to those characters at some point - have them show up in UNCANNY, I don't care.

    Oh SHI-

    I JUST figured out what she meant. ::facepalm::


    Oh fak, me too. I had forgotten about that "wtf" moment by the time I had gotten to the end. D'oh.

    Ecko on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey guess what I knew what she was talking about
    Maybe if people listened to me hint hint
    I'm done now

    Me Too! on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    you've said you were done like 4 times

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The bad thing that's going to happen to Danny Rand? FUTURE SPOILERS
    CREATOR UNCERTAINTY

    jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wait. Are you telling me that all the Iron Fists in history are functionally invincible/immortal until they reach 33, whereupon they die or become a drug-abusing drunk?

    TeaSpoon on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Has anyone said Ms. Marvel yet?

    Because holy fuck was it awesome.

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    so how the fuck did orson live so long again?

    Sars_Boy on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    No one knows.

    but
    If he did it, Danny can do it. There's no reason to go "DANNY IS DOOOOOOMED!"

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Orson pulled it off by not being the Iron Fist for a long-ass time
    Remember, when they found him, he was in an opium den
    Yes he still had the power but for all intents and purposes he wasn't the Iron Fist again until he met Danny
    He was just a dude with PTSD who liked his drugs

    Me Too! on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That is, until he fended off the two Crane Daughters and used his Iron Fist powers.

    jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2008
    Ecko wrote: »
    Htown wrote: »
    It was a good week for comics, but I'd probably put "Immortal Weapons as Office Staff" at the top:

    IMAGE SPOILERS:
    ironfist010oc8.jpg

    ironfist011ps2.jpg

    I really hope Brubaker and Fraction come back to those characters at some point - have them show up in UNCANNY, I don't care.

    Oh SHI-

    I JUST figured out what she meant. ::facepalm::


    Oh fak, me too. I had forgotten about that "wtf" moment by the time I had gotten to the end. D'oh.


    Alright this is killing me, I don't follow them but i have to know, what did she mean!?

    DarkWarrior on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ecko wrote: »
    Htown wrote: »
    It was a good week for comics, but I'd probably put "Immortal Weapons as Office Staff" at the top:

    IMAGE SPOILERS:
    ironfist010oc8.jpg

    ironfist011ps2.jpg

    I really hope Brubaker and Fraction come back to those characters at some point - have them show up in UNCANNY, I don't care.

    Oh SHI-

    I JUST figured out what she meant. ::facepalm::


    Oh fak, me too. I had forgotten about that "wtf" moment by the time I had gotten to the end. D'oh.


    Alright this is killing me, I don't follow them but i have to know, what did she mean!?
    It's Danny's 33rd Birthday.

    Sharp101 on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My MotW was finally reading the first Y trade. It's so goddamn good.

    Crimsondude on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2008
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Ecko wrote: »
    Htown wrote: »
    It was a good week for comics, but I'd probably put "Immortal Weapons as Office Staff" at the top:

    IMAGE SPOILERS:
    ironfist010oc8.jpg

    ironfist011ps2.jpg

    I really hope Brubaker and Fraction come back to those characters at some point - have them show up in UNCANNY, I don't care.

    Oh SHI-

    I JUST figured out what she meant. ::facepalm::


    Oh fak, me too. I had forgotten about that "wtf" moment by the time I had gotten to the end. D'oh.


    Alright this is killing me, I don't follow them but i have to know, what did she mean!?
    It's Danny's 33rd Birthday.

    Ah ok, thanks.

    DarkWarrior on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Finally finished the new FF. God that was an awesome reveal at the end
    Dr. Hulk!

    smokmnky on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It was a good week for comics, but I'd probably put "Immortal Weapons as Office Staff" at the top:

    IMAGE SPOILERS:
    ironfist010oc8.jpg

    ironfist011ps2.jpg

    I really hope Brubaker and Fraction come back to those characters at some point - have them show up in UNCANNY, I don't care.
    Is it just me or did FC sound (and look) a little like a comic book geek on a Wednesday?

    Owenashi on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    That is, until he fended off the two Crane Daughters and used his Iron Fist powers.

    And died shortly thereafter

    Me Too! on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User
    edited June 2008
    So, is it just me, or were most of the books this week really nonsensical?

    Superman was just a bunch of build-up to a cliff-hanger I don't care about. The playing fetch bit was cool though.

    Trinity was... more fighting, no exposition, another cliffhanger.

    Ultimates was... disjointed. This on top of all its other flaws, of course.

    Young Avengers/Runaways was paced like a goddamn music video and the art totally does not suit the book at all.

    Angel After The Fall was similarly disjointed. I honestly couldn't tell what was happening beyond the broad strokes.

    Maybe I'm just tired? It's been a long day.

    bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

    Anally.
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    bobgorila wrote: »
    So, is it just me, or were most of the books this week really nonsensical?

    Superman was just a bunch of build-up to a cliff-hanger I don't care about. The playing fetch bit was cool though.

    Trinity was... more fighting, no exposition, another cliffhanger.

    Ultimates was... disjointed. This on top of all its other flaws, of course.

    Young Avengers/Runaways was paced like a goddamn music video and the art totally does not suit the book at all.

    Angel After The Fall was similarly disjointed. I honestly couldn't tell what was happening beyond the broad strokes.

    Maybe I'm just tired? It's been a long day.

    You should have bought Immortal Iron Fist, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, The Initiative, Final Crisis, 1985, Young Avengers Presents, BRPD:The Ectoplasmic Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, and Thor:Reign of Blood.

    Basically, you bought stuff that sucked.

    jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh, kind of a neat moment this week is that my LCS was selling Trinity #4 25% off. Did this happen to anyone else?

    JoeUser on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    reread YA/R when you're more alert, it does make sense

    DJ Eebs on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Did Previews come out this week?

    Me Too! on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I didn't think YA/Runaways was hard to follow at all, and while the art isn't necessarily suited for a mini where everyone is fighting for their lives, it's the sort of thing I wouldn't mind seeing on a regular basis in the lighter, teen oriented books.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow, I really didn't think that Ultimates could get any worse, I mean really but well leave it to Jeph Loeb.

    smokmnky on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Wow, I really didn't think that Ultimates couldn't get any worse, I mean really but well leave it to Jeph Loeb.
    If you didn't think that it couldn't get any worse, that means you did think it could get worse. You just meant to say that you thought it couldn't get any worse, right?

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Wow, I really didn't think that Ultimates couldn't get any worse, I mean really but well leave it to Jeph Loeb.
    If you didn't think that it couldn't get any worse, that means you did think it could get worse. You just meant to say that you thought it couldn't get any worse, right?

    right, I shouldn't have added the n't to could, I'm tired after a long days work (still not over)

    smokmnky on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Moment of the week - Thor: Reign of Blood.

    I seriously love these Thor side-stories, or whatever you want to call them.

    Shamus on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I really hope they put Fraction on THOR if/when JMS leaves.

    jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    About Iron Fist....
    I don't see what the big worry is. The last issue shows that an Iron Fist can simply give back the Chi when "time is up". However, Orson went way past the expiration date, and all it did was give Danny something like painful Spidey sense once he got close enough to Orson, and that Danny was never at full power. In theory you could have more Iron Fists, and it would just dilute the power further.

    So either hell die, he'll give the power back and live, or keep the power. Considering he was -just- back in his city, that would have been the time time to give back the power. They aren't going to kill him, so chances are he's going to pull an Orson. It's not like the cities can send the other Weapons after him, since they're with him already and on his side.

    That doesn't means something horrible can't happen to someone close to him, but he should be alive and keep the power.

    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Orson pulled it off by not being the Iron Fist for a long-ass time
    Remember, when they found him, he was in an opium den
    Yes he still had the power but for all intents and purposes he wasn't the Iron Fist again until he met Danny
    He was just a dude with PTSD who liked his drugs
    yeah but how did he not age

    Sars_Boy on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Lol! wrote: »
    Orson pulled it off by not being the Iron Fist for a long-ass time
    Remember, when they found him, he was in an opium den
    Yes he still had the power but for all intents and purposes he wasn't the Iron Fist again until he met Danny
    He was just a dude with PTSD who liked his drugs
    yeah but how did he not age

    Not sure on the not aging, but he looked older to me. Longevity is probably from the book. His not dying can be explained by:
    I believe it has to do with the Super Lightning Lords from teh Annual that leads to the deaths of the Iron Fists. It was shortly after he left K'un-Lun and would be the only possible explanation for dodging his death. Bride of 9 Spiders (nots ure if it's the same one as in the present day) is there too and the current (or same) bride just happens to be the one who creeps out Danny by knowing what day it is.

    KVW on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Lol! wrote: »
    Orson pulled it off by not being the Iron Fist for a long-ass time
    Remember, when they found him, he was in an opium den
    Yes he still had the power but for all intents and purposes he wasn't the Iron Fist again until he met Danny
    He was just a dude with PTSD who liked his drugs
    yeah but how did he not age

    Not sure on the not aging, but he looked older to me. Longevity is probably from the book. His not dying can be explained by:
    I believe it has to do with the Super Lightning Lords from teh Annual that leads to the deaths of the Iron Fists. It was shortly after he left K'un-Lun and would be the only possible explanation for dodging his death. Bride of 9 Spiders (nots ure if it's the same one as in the present day) is there too and the current (or same) bride just happens to be the one who creeps out Danny by knowing what day it is.

    Kekekekekekekekeke

    TeaSpoon on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dark Times

    When
    Celeste gives into the amulet.

    I know the book is called Dark Times, but it really seems that the writer went to the Daredevil school of how to torture your heroes. The crew cannot get a break.

    Bloods End on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I figure Orson not aging had something to do with the chi of Shou-Lao being crazy useful for more than just punching shit
    Danny uses it to heal quickly, who's to say that that's not a subconscious thing that can be applied to the effects of aging, like Wolverine and his healing factor

    Me Too! on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    it did greatly slow the aging of the remaining confederates too, those guys had to be more than 100 years old and looked 70.

    My motw was probably getting Fear Agent 21 and 22. I forgot how much I loved that comic. Manliest comic around by far.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh my god

    the end of X-Men Legacy
    SINISTER

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ok who was bagging on Runaways/YA because I just read it and it was fuckin awesome

    honestly the last 2 weeks have been so goddamn good

    so much good shit

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In or Register to comment.