As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Miniphalla] Stuck At Work | Accountant Victory!

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What the phones are ringing

argh things are all going wrong

I only have two steam powered human crushing hands to deal with these things

Red Bird because hot damn thief of time mini.

Gumpy on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    im being grudged by people who weren't even in that game?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Frankly, this just sounds like a bandwagon because people are pissed at Infidel's may-not-a-reveal. Y'know, !FunkyWaltDogg is quiet. Too quiet.

Wildcat on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Maybe we should all just take a breath. Get some coffee (or alternate beverage, as you'd like), maybe talk about the latest sitcom we watched? Shoot the shit, and whatnot?

Does Infidel deserve to die? Usually. Am I in the mood to kill him under the pretense of a joke reveal gone too far? It seems unlikely, at least at the moment. I'll have to mull it over on my trip to the water cooler.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Looks like Infidel is the bandwagon of the moment- question is, are his shenannigans more irksome than B:L's avatar? I shall consider the information available!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Frankly, this just sounds like a bandwagon because people are pissed at Infidel's may-not-a-reveal. Y'know, !FunkyWaltDogg is quiet. Too quiet.

I thought we were only allowed to post from work for this game? I left work many hours before your post.

Meanwhile I'll vote B:L for taking Infidel too seriously.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    B:L

Cause... why not?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I thought we were only allowed to post from work for this game? I left work many hours before your post.

Then that means you get to leave work before I do! That's EVEN WORSE!
    <3

Wildcat on
  • Archr5Archr5 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Well clearly some of us have to put in a shitload of unpaid overtime to fix the chaos caused by these Rogue Accountants.

Your leaving work early has put you on my Radar sir.

Archr5 on
    somalia_banner.jpg
    edited June 2008
    Epic Reveal!
    I am lazy.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm back at work!

How goes?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2008
    I'm at work, doing a phalla about being at work. There are levels beyond my understanding.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    !Edcrab, because he deserves it.

My participation will be a little weak today, but I'll get back into the swing of things tonight.

<3

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    !TehSpectre because weak participation obviously equals badness.

Also work sucks. :(

Quoth on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Posting from work, yadda yadda yadda...

Hm... Infidel or B:L.
    I'm not sure how much I trust B:LOGIC. I hear it's akin to GRUNDLOGIC. =/

crimsoncoyote on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't know

that sounds somewhat amis

Gumpy on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    !Edcrab, because he deserves it.

I'll let this fly because everyone's pretty much randomly voting anyway. But, you know, that hurts me. :(

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What's with the votes against me in both phallas?

I'm NEVER evil. It's a waste of a vote.

Besides, Infidel was the one that was actively screwing with the office. We're better off not keeping that kind of jackassery around, so please keep your votes on Infidel.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited June 2008
    Know what, I was just screwing around and didn't care about people jumping on me cause hey, stuff like that is kinda asking for it. :)

But looking at it again, B:L is jumping on me a little hard. I mean, seriously, my cliche line mere minutes after game start, the first post, with no actual epic reveal. I don't think many would believe me, and they shouldn't especially when I'm deliberately demonstrating that I'm goofing around with announcing day close, fake post-close vig calls, so on and so forth.

I "reveal" the truth because I'm "under pressure". Clearly I'm up to no good! Or, you know, people were just making it not fun anymore. You guys decide.

Needing to make an example of me though? Have people witnessed these games before? Lots of innocent people pull shenanigans day 1, they are the ones keeping threads alive and fun, and they get killed too often imo. I'm not the only one who feels that precisionk and Zot and so on should survive despite whatever antics they pull. (Protip, if precisionk isn't acting crazy day 1, lynch him he's mafia!)

I'm nothing special but I'll !vote B:L, he's a little too serious about it all I saw him stealing supplies from the copy room!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    I'm NEVER evil. Until now.

Quoth on
    edited June 2008
    So I see how this is going.

EPIC B:L REVEAL

I am a Village Special.

Seer seer me, Guardian guard me.

The reason I'm pissed at Infidel was that he beat me to the reveal, and it turns out that his was fake. Now, he wants to vote for me when I hinted that I'm a special? I don't think so.

Guys, please put your votes on Infidel, and we can work from there.

edited June 2008
    Oh, B:L. Cuba wouldn't lie, so you must be telling the truth.

Quoth on
    edited June 2008
    Quoth wrote: »

My reveals are always real.

And do you plan to let a village special die? You're pretty high on the suspicion list for a random switch off of Infidel to put me above in votes.

edited June 2008

And do you plan to let a village special die? You're pretty high on the suspicion list for a random switch off of Infidel to put me above in votes.

Oh boy, I'm high on a suspicion list for starting a bandwagon on you by accident, asking people not to bandwagon you because I was just joking, changing my vote from you to someone else, and then changing my vote again because IT IS DAY 1 AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHO TO VOTE FOR.

I am so suspicious. Yes indeedy.

Quoth on
    edited June 2008

Oh boy, I'm high on a suspicion list for starting a bandwagon on you by accident, asking people not to bandwagon you because I was just joking, changing my vote from you to someone else, and then changing my vote again because IT IS DAY 1 AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHO TO VOTE FOR.

I am so suspicious. Yes indeedy.

I'm still above Infidel in votes. You have any better ideas to save a village special?

Or are you just going to keep your vote on TehSpectre for no reason whatsoever? And don't kid yourself, you didn't ask people to not bandwagon me, you said that if I was bandwagoned and innocent, it wasn't your fault really.

Yeah, that's kinda different.

edited June 2008
    I already told you when you PMed me that I will likely change my vote at the end of the day to whoever is the bandwagon leader. Your insistence at this point is actually making me MORE suspicious of you, to be honest.

And I enjoy how it is entirely my fault that you are in the lead at the moment. None of those people who actually voted for you are getting the third degree, but I guess I'm here and they're not so there you have it.

How about !Quoth if it makes you feel better? Maybe I can start a bandwagon on myself and then everyone can feel silly when it turns out I'm a villager.

Quoth on
    edited June 2008
    So... who wants to make a vote count! :winky:

crimsoncoyote on
    edited June 2008
    How about !Quoth if it makes you feel better? Maybe I can start a bandwagon on myself and then everyone can feel silly IF it turns out I'm a villager.

Voting for yourself is highly suspicious, !Quoth, especially when it does nothing to change the vote lead.

I'm more comfortable with a Quoth bandwagon than an Infidel one at this point. Please switch your votes to Quoth, we might have caught one.

edited June 2008
    So... who wants to make a vote count! :winky:

Since I'm the likely network head, I'll get crackin' on one. Give me a sec.

edited June 2008
    No, I'm the Goltana Knight!

If you wanna special it up for the village, let's find a possibly mafia target.

edit: late posting this, cause I'm at work and had to take a call :winky:, but I'm not so sure about Quoth... maybe I'll take another look at what happened with all the shenanigans earlier.

For what it's worth, I suspect B:L is telling the truth so I don't want to vote him out. !B:L But we should find a target other than a villager too.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2008
    B:L

Infidel

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2008
    Vote Layout:
    01 Quoth B:L Infidel TehSpectre Quoth
    02 crimsoncoyote
    03 Infidel RedBird B:L RETRACTED
    04 delroland RedBird
    05 Wildcat FWD
    06 Archr5 Infidel
    07 FreeAgent
    08 FunkyWaltDogg B:L
    09 Red Bird B:L Infidel
    10 Gumpy RedBird
    11 TehSpectre EdCrab
    12 Dac Vin Infidel
    13 Edcrab B:L
    14 B:L RedBird Obbi Infidel Quoth
    15 minigunwielder RedBird
    16 Stew_Stick
    17 Seriously
    18 Ryadic B:L Infidel
    19 Arkas Infidel
    20 Obbi Infidel

Vote Count:

Quoth - 2
    RedBird - 3
    Infidel - 6
    B:L - 2

FWD, EdCrab - 1

Haven't voted:
    02 crimsoncoyote
    07 FreeAgent
    16 Stew_Stick
    17 Seriously

edited June 2008
    How about !Quoth if it makes you feel better? Maybe I can start a bandwagon on myself and then everyone can feel silly IF it turns out I'm a villager.

Voting for yourself is highly suspicious, !Quoth, especially when it does nothing to change the vote lead.

I'm more comfortable with a Quoth bandwagon than an Infidel one at this point. Please switch your votes to Quoth, we might have caught one.

You know what, fine. I try to have a little fun and this is where it goes. I'll put on my logic hat and serious business monocle.

I doubt that Infidel is a baddie because no baddie would be so stupid as to ask for seering and guarding on day 1. Clearly, he was joking, and would be outed as a mere villager to a rightly peeved seer and guardian, but then he'd be in the network so no harm done. So I don't think we should vote for Infidel.

I doubt that B:L is a baddie for the same reason. Unless he is a miller, he wouldn't request seering because it obviously wouldn't work out. So I don't think we should vote for B:L.

I have no alternate vote target to suggest, so if you want to bandwagon me, fine. I'll be sad to go on the first day, and it will be counterproductive because I'm just a villager, but day 1 is a vicious hive of randomness and better I go than that we risk losing a seer or guardian.

So I'll leave my vote on me for now unless someone else has a better idea.

Edit: B:L you paranoid ass, you're not even close to being in the lead. Cripes.

Quoth on
    edited June 2008
    So I'll leave my vote on me for now unless someone else has a better idea.

Currently my highest suspicions are on:

Quoth - for reasons stated.

FWD - for the B:L vote. He's a vet in multiple phallas, he should know how I act, and to use that as an excuse to vote for me? Pretty shady there.

Obbi - for the quick vote on Infidel. Possibly real reveal and before he knew it was fake, he voted for Infidel.

crimsoncoyote - for lying a BIT too low. Active, but not voting. Holding onto a vote that long doesn't feel natural.

That's all I've got so far.

Quoth, I didn't notice the retractions without explicit retractions. Sorry.

edited June 2008
    Yeah, so you're suspicious of me for voting randomly on day 1. Yessir, that is suspicious. Nobody ever does that.

Quoth on
    edited June 2008
    Since I'm the likely network head, I'll get crackin' on one. Give me a sec.
    Ehh, I got one. :P
    Yay, work!

B:L (3) - FWD, Edcrab
    Infidel (6) - Archr5, Red Bird, Dac Vin, Arkas, Obbi, Ryadic
    Red Bird (3) - delroland, Gumpy, minigunwielder
    Quoth (3) - B:L, Quoth, FWD
    FWD (1) - wildcat
    Edcrab (1) - TehSpectre
    01 Quoth: [strike]B:L[/strike], [strike]Infidel[/strike], [strike]TehSpectre[/strike], Quoth
    02 crimsoncoyote:
    03 Infidel: [strike]Red Bird[/strike], B:L
    04 delroland: Red Bird
    05 Wildcat: FunkyWaltDogg
    06 Archr5: Infidel
    07 FreeAgent:
    08 FunkyWaltDogg: [strike]B:L[/strike], Quoth
    09 Red Bird: [strike]B:L[/strike], Infidel
    10 Gumpy: Red Bird
    11 TehSpectre: Edcrab
    12 Dac Vin: Infidel
    13 Edcrab: B:L
    14 B:L: [strike]Red Bird[/strike], [strike]Obbi[/strike], [strike]Infidel[/strike], Quoth
    15 minigunwielder: Red Bird
    16 Stew_Stick:
    17 Seriously:
    18 Ryadic: B:L
    19 Arkas: Infidel
    20 Obbi: Infidel

EDIT: updated as of post #158

crimsoncoyote on
    edited June 2008
    FWD - for the B:L vote. He's a vet in multiple phallas, he should know how I act, and to use that as an excuse to vote for me? Pretty shady there.

It's day 1 you ass, I don't need any reason for my vote.

Despite my inclination to leave my vote on you, I will do the smart thing and retract B:L.

I still don't feel inclined to vote for Infidel, so Quoth.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited June 2008
    You can think what you want, but just because I like to carefully choose who my vote goes to doesn't mean I'm an evil-doer. I always tend to do that.
    Hmm, maybe I should just fling votes left and right. Yes. That should work.*
    *I guess I'm going to be writing a script that randoms 1-20 and posts a vote for the corresponding number of the person in the office every 3 seconds. Good plan, amirite? :winky:

crimsoncoyote on
    edited June 2008
    You can think what you want, but just because I like to carefully choose who my vote goes to doesn't mean I'm an evil-doer. I always tend to do that.
    *I guess I'm going to be writing a script that randoms 1-20 and posts a vote for the corresponding number of the person in the office every 3 seconds. Good plan, amirite? :winky:

I think that will not work as evidenced by B:L's suspicion of me. Just in case you missed that.

Quoth on
    edited June 2008

I think that will not work as evidenced by B:L's suspicion of me. Just in case you missed that.

Well, I'm sure you, as well as I, don't think it's a terrible or even illogical method.

crimsoncoyote on