As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blood Bowl: more like League of Mutants. Footballing. Craft.

2»

• Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    knoxville wrote: »
    According to their forums, there's no cross-platform online multiplayer. That's really sad :(

Cross-platform is one of those things that looks good on paper but never really seems to work in real life.

This game is definitly on my "MUST HAVE" list. If they don't screw up the game balance, it will be awesome. It may still be worth buying even with a semi-unbalanced set of players.

All I know about this game is that I want it now.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wyrlss wrote: »
    Table-top games are a whole nother world. A complicated world, where advanced calculations which should only be made by computers are made by mortal men, giving rise to "house rules" and "homocide". This game, however, will be super awesome. There's almost no way it won't be.

hahaha so true.. don't forget all the templates and "block dice" in this game.

this game is the king of one dice roll can really screw you, especially in season play when you have a character you raised that is awesome and he gets assassinated on the field

my blood pressure rises just thinking about playing this game again..

also there is a java based version of this game that already exists but I don't know if that falls under talking about emulation or whatever (emulation of a TT game!!)

It's actually completely legal. As long as you own a copy of the rulebook, and since they released the bloodbowl rulebook for free download, everybody wins :wink:

Hey okay where are these things cause that sounds cool.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd like a Ps3 version. Please :(

Rizzi on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wyrlss wrote: »
    Table-top games are a whole nother world. A complicated world, where advanced calculations which should only be made by computers are made by mortal men, giving rise to "house rules" and "homocide". This game, however, will be super awesome. There's almost no way it won't be.

hahaha so true.. don't forget all the templates and "block dice" in this game.

this game is the king of one dice roll can really screw you, especially in season play when you have a character you raised that is awesome and he gets assassinated on the field

my blood pressure rises just thinking about playing this game again..

also there is a java based version of this game that already exists but I don't know if that falls under talking about emulation or whatever (emulation of a TT game!!)

It's actually completely legal. As long as you own a copy of the rulebook, and since they released the bloodbowl rulebook for free download, everybody wins :wink:

Hey okay where are these things cause that sounds cool.
    the website is www.fumbbl.com instructions for installing/setting up/making teams/finding matches are here http://www.fumbbl.com/help:

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This had better be good. I don't even give a shit if the graphics were 8-bit sprites as long as it followed the rules (from any edition...how about a mash-up of 1st and 2nd?).

The old PC game for Blood Bowl was okay, but it wasn't enough. I want to make teams. I want to make leagues! I WANT TO CRUSH SOME HALFLINGS!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    if anybody shows interest in doing a PA fumbbl league I'd be more than interested

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd be more interested if it was 40k

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    wyrlsswyrlss Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    40k doesn't have skaven. Which are the most awesome.

wyrlss on
    K9Violator.png
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The last sports game I played before Wii Sports was Mutant League Football. I remember hearing about blood bowl here and thinking, "Man, if you made that into a video game, I'd play it."

Consider me sold.

Can you bribe the Ref in Blood Bowl? Are there decapitations? Can you win by killing enough opposing players? Are there land mines on the field? Man, I loved Mutant League Footbal.

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    to the person that asked aht was wrong with Chaos league , really it boils down to is thye were trying to make a Bloodbowl game with out having a license. So it kinda came out "meH' and then along came GW said " hey quit stealing our fucking idea" and then they hired them to make bloodbowl. So really all the mistakes they made with Chaos league shoudn't be made again since they get to actualy use GW IP for this.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Torgo wrote: »
    Can you bribe the Ref in Blood Bowl? Are there decapitations? Can you win by killing enough opposing players? Are there land mines on the field? Man, I loved Mutant League Footbal.

Yes you can bribe the ref.

Don't remember decaptitations but career ending injuries for sure. (Goblins with chainsaws!)

Yes you can pound the shit out of downed players and effectively win the game by "killing" enough of the opposing players.

I do believe I remember something about land mines on the field, as well as players getting mauled by the crowed when being too close to the sidelines.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Torgo wrote: »

Is there decapitations? Dude Blood Bowl has chainsaws - of course there's decapitiations! Blood Bowl was my first Games Workshop game I bought after getting into them via Heroquest. I've just realised that's coming up to 20 years ago. Man I feel old. I remember picking up Mutant League Football because I thought it looked quite like BB. Definitely getting this.

Cullen on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    (Mutant league football excerpt stolen from wikipedia)
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Each team can "bribe ref" twice per game (once in the first half, once in the second), after which, the bought referee will call phony penalties (e.g. 5-yard penalty for crying) on the opposing team. This will last for a few plays, but the other team usually tries to kill him (one of the Nasty Audibles that can actually be played at any time) immediately after the first dirty call. A slain Ref is then replaced by an even tougher one, who will promptly call another 5-yard penalty on the murdering team for Ref Bashing. Note that accidental referee deaths, such as being caught in the middle of a pileup, or nudged into a mine, are not penalized.

The fact that they haven't remade this one is a clear offense. This is when EA was really awesome though and was very experimental. I always think that EA is long dead.

Here is to hoping blood bowl keeps that kind of morbid humor.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Each team can "bribe ref" twice per game (once in the first half, once in the second), after which, the bought referee will call phony penalties (e.g. 5-yard penalty for crying) on the opposing team. This will last for a few plays, but the other team usually tries to kill him (one of the Nasty Audibles that can actually be played at any time) immediately after the first dirty call. A slain Ref is then replaced by an even tougher one, who will promptly call another 5-yard penalty on the murdering team for Ref Bashing. Note that accidental referee deaths, such as being caught in the middle of a pileup, or nudged into a mine, are not penalized.

The fact that they haven't remade this one is a clear offense. This is when EA was really awesome though and was very experimental. I always think that EA is long dead.

Yeah, that version of EA brought us Mutant League Hockey, Mutant League Football and General Chaos.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Gyral wrote: »
    Wikipedia wrote:

Yeah, that version of EA brought us Mutant League Hockey, Mutant League Football and General Chaos.

General chaos was way ahead of its time. Real time squad based combat with some actual hand to hand combat.

Viscountalpha on