Options

So Radio is Piracy Now.

1111213141517»

• Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    does anyone know if the old free version of dBpowerAMP is still floating around?

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Only old music is good music. All new music has to wait several years before it can be considered good.

that must feel like an eternity to Nickleback right now

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Nickelback will never be considered good

Me Too! on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Shit, one interpretation of copyright law states that you are breaking copyright laws anytime you play a song or look at a copyrighted image on your computer, because it gets copied to your RAM, and that's an unauthorized instance of copying.
    No idiot would interpert copyright law that way. In fact there is specific verbiage allowing temporary copies to computer RAM or similar which are required for the normal playback/viewing of the work. Also, one archival/backup copy is allowed.

Also format changes for the sake of convienence, provided all copies remain in the sole posession of the original owner and only 1 is in use at a time. I.e. ripping CDs to your iPod, or making mix tapes/CDs to play in your car, etc...

jwalk on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BYToady wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    one thing that Apple fucked up with itunes is that there is no way to redownload a song if you happen to have lost it (say, your drive failed). The unofficial word is that if you call them, they will let you redownload your library ONCE, but otherwise, you're fucked if you didn't back up your stuff.

Which I think is ridiculous. It's a web based service, it knows what tracks you've bought, why the fuck can't it offer a redownload service?

Because you could be handing out those files to your friends!

You'd have to redownload each of the songs each time you let your friends have them, right? Thats how computers work.
    ....what?

The DRM would still be there. They're still tied to your account.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BYToady wrote: »
    one thing that Apple fucked up with itunes is that there is no way to redownload a song if you happen to have lost it (say, your drive failed). The unofficial word is that if you call them, they will let you redownload your library ONCE, but otherwise, you're fucked if you didn't back up your stuff.

Which I think is ridiculous. It's a web based service, it knows what tracks you've bought, why the fuck can't it offer a redownload service?

Because you could be handing out those files to your friends!

You'd have to redownload each of the songs each time you let your friends have them, right? Thats how computers work.
    ....what?

The DRM would still be there. They're still tied to your account.

He is being sarcastic/joking, imitating what he thinks executives think.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    look man

i'll cut you

Faricazy on