Options

So Radio is Piracy Now.

• Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh my god, that "Fabulous" picture took me by complete surprise. I think my lungs tried to escape my ribcage at that moment I laughed so hard.

I remember a long time ago on these boards somebody was talking about how they'd gotten into a political debate with an African-American dude who identified himself as a Republican. Somebody on the boards was like "did the debate center around the question of whether or not he actually exists?"

My opinion is that a conservative punk is basically a Republican kid who likes angry music and leather jackets, but isn't racist enough to stomach whitepower hardcore.

haha that's probably true

real men listen to racist death metal, anyways

also everyone don't forget to report all of my posts for awesome 8-)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sagroth wrote: »
    I'm not joking.

I am absolutely baffled by this. What do they think they're going to accomplish here exactly?
    The recording industry and U.S. radio companies have squared off for decades about whether AM and FM radio broadcasters should pay royalties to singers, musicians and their labels.
    what the fuck is this guy babbling about? radio stations DO pay royalties, in the form of ASCAP fees and licenses. they have for-fucking-ever. not paying them would be piracy (or something similarly illegal) yes but.. they fucking do pay royalties.

jwalk on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ever met those old white dudes who use the N word all the time, or says racist shit about all black people, but then he brings up how he knows this one black dude in his town and he's totally cool and he really likes him but fuck the rest of them.

My friend's grandfather was like that - he was from some ass-ended backwater town in Texas. He'd go on some tirade about "Negroes" and all that racist bullshit and then somebody would say "but old Jasper Rigley's black and you and him get along fine," and her grandfather would get all indignant and be like "yes but he's not a N*****!"

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ever met those old white dudes who use the N word all the time, or says racist shit about all black people, but then he brings up how he knows this one black dude in his town and he's totally cool and he really likes him but fuck the rest of them.

My friend's grandfather was like that - he was from some ass-ended backwater town in Texas. He'd go on some tirade about "Negroes" and all that racist bullshit and then somebody would say "but old Jasper Rigley's black and you and him get along fine," and her grandfather would get all indignant and be like "yes but he's not a N*****!"

Not exactly like that, but both my mom and dad have family from Texas, so I'm not a stranger to it. My dad's family is all Texan Democrats but my grandpa's new wife doesn't really uh fit in as well as everyone else

she talks about "blacks" and sometimes "the blacks"

like, a lot

just come out and say the n word already (i can't fucking believe we can't say that, seriously fuck the guy who came up with that rule)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh man we are not having the n word discussion again are we
    Who fucking cares man
    You can't use one highly offensive word, get the fuck over it

Me Too! on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

That's pretty common where I'm from. My roommate talked about how he hates n*****s, but isn't racist. I had to have a talk with him.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    Fallout wrote: »

Not exactly like that, but both my mom and dad have family from Texas, so I'm not a stranger to it. My dad's family is all Texan Democrats but my grandpa's new wife doesn't really uh fit in as well as everyone else

she talks about "blacks" and sometimes "the blacks"

like, a lot

just come out and say the n word already (i can't fucking believe we can't say that, seriously fuck the guy who came up with that rule)
    that would be Tycho, Gabe and Khoo.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    uhhh gafoto

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nice job, Gafoto.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    ahahha newfies

oh god i just found this i've been looking for it for so long.

http://citizen.nfb.ca/lynn-and-harriet

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh fuck
    Bye Gafoto

Me Too! on
  • Options
    iplaybassiplaybass Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Jones grape soda is the best thing ever

iplaybass on
    fsradiosig.jpg
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Now I'm no racist but those God-damn (minority group of your choosing) really steam my beans"

My family is okay with blacks I guess, the older ones dislike 'Salvies', and they all love the Chinese. Sayin' we should all be more like the Chinese.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Oh man we are not having the n word discussion again are we
    Who fucking cares man
    You can't use one highly offensive word, get the fuck over it

Fuck you! The n-word rule is the Wiggin of the rules thread and you know it.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    No it's not
    It's a fairly reasonable rule since they don't want this site associated with other sites that may use that word in a google search
    Shut the fuck up

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    A friend of mine's father refers to part of this city as "coonville"

iplaybass on
    fsradiosig.jpg
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Gafoto already edited it out, chillax guys.

Oh, another fun racist moment.

Couple weeks ago I watched that video in the Obama thread about a bunch of rural Kentucky coal miners and their families talking about Obama and Hillary and there was so much racist shit. "Listen, I'm not racist, but I don't want a... a... man like that... as president."

They started everything they said by saying "I'm not racist" and then proceeded to say racially ignorant ideas. I mean, sure, they didn't say "lets lynch the spook!" or some really offensive shit, but it was still pretty bad.

There was this old ass man talking about it and he started to say the word "N-word" but finished it with "groes."

"Nigroes" he said.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I love interrupting people when they start a sentence with "I'm not a racist but-".

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    the ability to say the n word on the internet is a god given internet right

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    No it's not
    It's a fairly reasonable rule since they don't want this site associated with other sites that may use that word in a google search
    Shut the fuck up

Bitch please

I agree that disallowing rude and unpleasant things will make the forum more acceptable to a larger number of people

I disagree that that is in any way fun, good or cool

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Whitey can go suck a nut.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    at least i can still say beaner and gook

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm going to give you an example of what happens to a forum when the N word is allowed:

4chan

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    reignofevilreignofevil Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Remember when the recording industry got hit by a class-action lawsuit because it was revealed that they had been price-fixing for decades?

The RIAA can go fuck itself.

Its no wonder people took to the internet to download music. They were getting ripped off for decades.
    If you don't think you're still getting ripped off for music, you're fucking crazy.

Seriously, $1 per track? Fuck that shit.

Thats why I buy from artists who generally give me songs longer then 6 minutes.
    you shop for music based on a song length/dollar ratio?

man, you're a fucking loser.

If its that or getting pissy about paying a dollar for a song?
    Yeah...

reignofevil on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    every third post in this thread makes me think of an Andrew Jackson Jihad song

iplaybass on
    fsradiosig.jpg
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No it's not
    Shut the fuck up
    That's a terrible line of reasoning.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    also some of my favorite songs clock in at under a minute

Case in point: The Groovie Ghoulies - Deviltown

iplaybass on
    fsradiosig.jpg
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Weaver on
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    N*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************Q*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

sorry guys, edited

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Bibble, why you gotta be so full of hate?

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Gafoto wrote: »
    I'm going to give you an example of what happens to a forum when the N word is allowed:

4chan

see also: the first several years of the PA forums

4chan is what happens when anonymous posting is allowed

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's Bibble, he's bibble.

You just have to block it out.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    F*****ts

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Bibble, why you gotta be so full of hate?

he's been on a mard ever since he found out he was not, in fact, holding a lime popsicle

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

4chan

posting is pretty anonymous to start with

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    F*****ts

i-love-you-comment-1.gif

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    bloodshots
    bloodshots
    bloodshots
    bloodshots

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »

4chan

posting is pretty anonymous to start with

not even remotely what i'm talking about

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    this ****t***ow*** forum is full of *u** ***ty ***h****, fuck

Bibble on