Options

Get it, get it, get it, get it. Get it. Keep the [Chat] rolling, never wait a minute

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Big day today. Got a haircut like George on the cover of Let It Be, and my now-ex Sarah is trying to hook me up with her cute Japanese friend that's been crushing on me since we started dating.

So confusing.
    Wow, that seems really strange. Think you'll go for it?

That's a terrible idea and I'd say some weird shit is up. How long were y'all apart before she broke up with you by phone?

Less than a month. This was the conversation today.

"Why don't you take somebody to [your friend's] wedding? What about [cute Japanese girl we've known for years that tried to get me to break up with you so she could have you], why don't I have her call you?"
    "No. No, I don't think I like that idea at all."
    "Why not?"
    "Because you broke up with me a few days ago and I don't really feel like being gregarious or social at all?"
    "But she likes you, and she's an atheist."

And suddenly a rush of realizations hit me.

What rush of realization? Is she trying to lessen the guilt by setting you up? Is it just the guilt for the break-up or maybe for finding someone else? What was she trying to accomplish?

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the clean break. You don't need to carry this unhealthy baggage of strong, negative emotions all the time. It will fuck you up. It will keep hurting you while it really doesn't have it.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    IM IN YOUR BLANK

BLANKING YOUR BLANK

man what ever happened to that meme

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I continue waiter training tomorrow

Soon I will deliver quiche to old people
    If you have a good trainer, you will also learn how to not refill their drinks thus making them want to leave sooner and not spend 12 hours at your table reminiscing only to leave a 2 dollar tip.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Church wrote: »
    Whatever, you faggouts add unnecessary consounants to fucking everythinge.

Those are vowels.

gg

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    And suddenly a rush of realizations hit me.

Was any of them "I like the cock"?

According to the chat thread from that night when I was really, really drunk, potentially.

Coolwhip.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

I think that last one is middle english.

wazilla on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Soon will come the sinking realisation of just how much old people suck.

Fuck old people.

japan on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Those are vowels.

gg
    Have you really never been spited before?

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    japan wrote: »

Fuck old people.

And then the murders start happening. No one will suspect an innocent waiter.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Those are vowels.

gg

Really?

Aw, shucks. I guess I'll just have to scramble to find some sort of irony there.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Schmëerskåhøvên

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    What rush of realization?

That my atheism might have something to do with this. She was a devout Christian when we started dating, and functionally became an atheist after about a year. Now she's gone back to her family for a little while, all of whom are extraodinarily religious save for her father. Like, all the kids in the family go to this tiny little private "school" that's built onto the side of their church. They take field trips to the Creation Museum in Kentucky.

But she's not being very forthcoming about anything, and it's just making me speculate and get even more depressed.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Schmëerskåhøvên

Two more times and you'll have to go back to the fifth dimension.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Fuck old people.

Yesssss.

You may also find yourself cursing foreigners and children, and parents who for some fucking reason bring their wailing spawn to the restaurant.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Shut up. You suck at irony.

Actually, you've shown that English is full of lots of unnecessary shit.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Fuck old people.

And then the murders start happening. No one will suspect an innocent waiter.

Are you kidding? A waiter is almost as suspicious as a butler. Think about it, can you really tell one from the other?

japan on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Fuck old people.

Yesssss.

You may also find yourself cursing foreigners and children, and parents who for some fucking reason bring their wailing spawn to the restaurant.

Whenever I'm in public, and someone's there with a screaming brat and just ignoring it, I start talking really loudly about how if I was a parent and my child was being disruptive I would try to control or at least remove him so he wouldn't disturb other people, rather than just be a selfish jackass and tune it out because I'm used to it and don't care that it's bothering everyone else.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008

That my atheism might have something to do with this. She was a devout Christian when we started dating, and functionally became an atheist after about a year. Now she's gone back to her family for a little while, all of whom are extraodinarily religious save for her father. Like, all the kids in the family go to this tiny little private "school" that's built onto the side of their church. They take field trips to the Creation Museum in Kentucky.

But she's not being very forthcoming about anything, and it's just making me speculate and get even more depressed.

Here's how you handle this one.

"Hi, I just called to straighten things out between us. You're dead to me. Also your beliefs are a lie. But the main thing to take away from this is how fucking dead you are to me. Cheers."

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I like babies that do that cute screaming thing where they're not upset, they're just happy and making noises and the scream/laugh happens to be one of them. So cute.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Old people usually like me
    Photo259.jpgCan I get you some more ice tea, ma'am?

but yeah fuck little kids at restaurants. When I was little I sat politely at tables when I was barely old enough to hold up the menu

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Clean break, man.

Some say it's not really dealing with your problems and more escaping them. Well, I say fuck that school of thought. Who needs pamby wamby healing processes and whatever. I like being angry better than being emotionally pushed around.

[EDIT] But that's the last out of me about this.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Fuck old people.

Yesssss.

Whenever I'm in public, and someone's there with a screaming brat and just ignoring it, I start talking really loudly about how if I was a parent and my child was being disruptive I would try to control or at least remove him so he wouldn't disturb other people, rather than just be a selfish jackass and tune it out because I'm used to it and don't care that it's bothering everyone else.

I approve wholeheartedly.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I like babies that do that cute screaming thing where they're not upset, they're just happy and making noises and the scream/laugh happens to be one of them. So cute.

I met my boyfriend's baby sister

babies are adorable when you don't have to take care of them. awww and they make gurgley noises

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Schmëerskåhøvên

Two more times and you'll have to go back to the fifth dimension.
    Schmëerskåhøvên
    Schmëerskåhøvên
    Now you do it.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    God damnit I hate this episode of South Park.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I worked in a coffee shop that was very child friendly for a while. It had a box of toys, and colouring books, and all manner of amusements for young children.

It also had a number of signs stating in big letters that if you can't control your children, you'll be turfed out and no refund will be given.

Best of both worlds, I think.

japan on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Eddy is.... Perez Hilton?

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Old people usually like me
    Photo259.jpgCan I get you some more ice tea, ma'am?

but yeah fuck little kids at restaurants. When I was little I sat politely at tables when I was barely old enough to hold up the menu

My god. You look so smug. Do you go to school for that? Are you upper-class English.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    God damnit I hate this episode of South Park.

Seriously.

TL DR on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Here's how you handle this one.

"Hi, I just called to straighten things out between us. You're dead to me. Also your beliefs are a lie. But the main thing to take away from this is how fucking dead you are to me. Cheers."
    This would probably be the best way to go. Adopting that mindset at least, I don't know if saying anything more that "You're dead to me" would be necessary.

Don't worry about why she dumped you, because it only makes you dwell on something painful and it's really unlikely that any reason you can come up with will make you feel better about it. In case it would work, though, pretend she broke up with you because secret agents kidnapped her family and told her if she didn't call it quits they'd off both you and the family.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Which episode is it?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Eddy, that's a rape face. That's a horrible, frightening rape face.

H'nB: I can't do something like that. I'm not capable of it. I gave her shots three times a week for years. I just can't cut myself off from her like that because I care far, far too much about her, and still look to the bead of light at the end of what's going to be a long, depressing summer. She's there, right at the end of it, and all I have to do is be patient and understanding. And that's what I'm going to do.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    gross

I don't look like perez hilton

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The one where they show a video of a vaginoplasty.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    gross

I don't look like perez hilton

I am notoriously bad at celebrity/normal people photo comparisons.

wazilla on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wtf is wrong with my wireless router
    it keeps dying and i get crappy signal and i never used to before
    what the fuck?

also, hey, do i spend the extra money and buy a grinder or do i just buy ground coffee

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The one where they show a video of a vaginoplasty.
    I don't remember that one. What season was it?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Grinding coffee yourself tends to yield tastier results.

But if you're just using it to get the fuck up in the morning, you won't give a shit.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Damn, for two weeks in a row I missed meetings of a club I like because I was busy Friday afternoons. Tomorrow I'm free at that time, and I was all excited that I would get to go... and now I just got an email saying that the club meeting is canceled.

Richy on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.