As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cellular Automotive

• Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    Yeah, the ability to communicate and be reached without having to be in a set place and have the other party be in a set place is great.

Are you being sarcastic defended?

Why would you pick THAT one to be my sarcastic statement? That makes no sense.

Defender on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The words you are using are too big for the idea you're conveying. Please hang up and try again.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The Geek wrote: »
    I love the voice talent they get for that show, brian posehn and patton oswalt are great.

Especially when they got to team up for that episode about kim's nerdy cousin's birthday.

The voice acting is very good. Will Friedel does a fantastic job.

And it's not just the main characters that are well voiced. Even the background and secondary characters are fun, particularly Kim's parents.

I'm surprised that they never made a movie out of the show. A real movie though, not the hour long episode movies they make.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, the ability to communicate and be reached without having to be in a set place and have the other party be in a set place is great.

Well, you hadn't written the other one yet.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Well, I read it as this;

Yeah... the ability to communicate and be reached without having to be in a set place and have the other party be in a set place is... great.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    I love the voice talent they get for that show, brian posehn and patton oswalt are great.

Especially when they got to team up for that episode about kim's nerdy cousin's birthday.

The voice acting is very good. Will Friedel does a fantastic job.

And it's not just the main characters that are well voiced. Even the background and secondary characters are fun, particularly Kim's parents.

I'm surprised that they never made a movie out of the show. A real movie though, not the hour long episode movies they make.

So the Drama was pretty much movie quality. You could tell it had higher production values, and the animation was a smidge better. But the animation on the show was already really high quality to start with, so they didn't really have to tweak it much.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Talking on the phone whilst driving has been banned down here in Aus for ages.

If someone calls, you just pull over. If you can't, then you wait 'till the most convenient time. I'll sometimes call someone back at a red-light and tell them I'll call when I'm not driving. Unless someone is calling you because the world is about to end, or you're about to make a $250 million business deal and this is the guy calling you, harden the fuck up and stop your pathetic whining you little bitches.

Bluetooth headsets are still allowed however.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    That's because "cell phone" translated into Australian means "two cans and a string".

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    omega71 wrote: »
    I am so glad I do not own or have any need for a cell phone.

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a stupid ass blonde bitch smacking her gum, talking on her pink Razor, and fixing her hair while driving 5 miles per hour down a 30mph street.

I also hate when people use their phones during the movies. I have been to three movies in the past two weeks where at least seven people are all on the phone, talking thru the fucking movie.

Shitty ass rap ringtones going off in the middle of the movie.

Well...

Maybe if you had friends you'd have a need for a cell phone?

No see, here is where I differ from most people.

I call my friends...ready? Before I leave the house, therefore eliminating the use for a cell phone.

Wow.

You're pretty dumb.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    That's because "cell phone" translated into Australian means "two cans and a string".

And "driving" translated into Australian means "riding a Kangaroo to the pub".

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Holding two cans and a piece of string is pretty hard whilst also trying to maintain your balance on the back of a madly hopping Kangaroo, you see?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    guys I want a new cell phone

I have verizon and I've decided I dislike their pricing and coverage where I live now

so I plan to get t-mobile again, but I want a good text messaging phone that's not huge like the eNV or that new samsung one with the full keyboard

what's good out there for GSM?

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    iiiiiphoooooone

potatoe on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    THAT IS NOT AN IPHONE

I don't want a touchscreen phone because in my line of work it will get damaged too easily

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    iphone touchscreen is nigh indestructible

potatoe on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I don't like the idea of a touchscreen. I like my new phone, though, using one of these. Not too thin, not too long, full keyboard.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a stupid ass blonde bitch smacking her gum, talking on her pink Razor, and fixing her hair while driving 5 miles per hour down a 30mph street.

I also hate when people use their phones during the movies. I have been to three movies in the past two weeks where at least seven people are all on the phone, talking thru the fucking movie.

Well...

I call my friends...ready? Before I leave the house, therefore eliminating the use for a cell phone.

Wow.

You're pretty dumb.

Yea I am a HUGE tool for not having any kind of need to use a phone outside of my house.

Yea I am pretty dumb for not wanting to be reached anywhere, anytime while I am out enjoying myself.

Yea I am all kinds of dumb for not wanting my place of work to call me while I am at the movies to tell me that someone called in sick and I am the only one who can possibly cover.

Yea I am pretty fucking retarded.

omega71 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    phones have an off mode

potatoe on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Well...

Wow.

You're pretty dumb.

Yea I am a HUGE tool for not having any kind of need to use a phone outside of my house.

Yea I am pretty dumb for not wanting to be reached anywhere, anytime while I am out enjoying myself.

Yea I am all kinds of dumb for not wanting my place of work to call me while I am at the movies to tell me that someone called in sick and I am the only one who can possibly cover.

You know how to solve those problems?

Don't answer your phone.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mysst wrote: »

Well...

Wow.

You're pretty dumb.

Don't answer your phone.

Or here is a cheaper solution, dont own a cellphone.

That works even better.

omega71 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    hope you don't need to get in touch with someone in a hurry

or get a flat tire or run out of gas and need to call for a tow

or you meet some fly honey and need to give her your digits so she can call you later that night for some hot hot sex

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    iPhone is retarded. Also, it really shows just how much people are stupid cows in terms of marketing being able to herd them. PS3 for $600? Haha NO WAY FUCK YOU the 360 is really similar and is way cheaper. iPhone for $600? OH YES PLEASE FUCK MY FACE WITH IT because I can't think of any other way to get that awesome functionality for less. All about marketing.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    iphone is (will be in less than 2 weeks) $199

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Mysst wrote: »

Well...

Wow.

You're pretty dumb.

Don't answer your phone.

Or here is a cheaper solution, dont own a cellphone.

That works even better.

Indoor plumbing? What are you, a faggot? We don't take kindly to you fancy city-folk, actin' like you's all proud that you make dirt inside the house!

Defender on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    it's because apple has somehow dodged the label of "evil corporation"

when in reality they lock down their expensive hardware and force you to use their crappy software all while becoming a cultural icon

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »

when in reality they lock down their expensive hardware and force you to use their crappy software all while becoming a cultural icon

And by "somehow," you of course mean "really good marketing."

Defender on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    potatoe wrote: »

Yeah, and that's about what it's actually worth, but I recall seeing stupid fuckheads LINED UP OUTSIDE THE STORE to buy them at triple that price.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

And it still won't have MMS. That is the one thing that continues to absolutely baffle me. Man, sending pictures to each other is what my friends and I do, constantly. Not having MMS pretty much turns me off the new iPhone when it comes out down here.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Yeah, and that's about what it's actually worth, but I recall seeing stupid fuckheads LINED UP OUTSIDE THE STORE to buy them at triple that price.

$200 is almost within my pricerange
    but then i look at how much i would be paying a month and realize why i can't (more "don't allow myself to") afford a regular cellphone to begin with

potatoe on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

And it still won't have MMS. That is the one thing that continues to absolutely baffle me. Man, sending pictures to each other is what my friends and I do, constantly. Not having MMS pretty much turns me off the new iPhone when it comes out down here.
    ACTUALLY engadget or gizmodo, i forget which, got word that there is an ATT memo floating around that describes MMS-like functionality for the iphone 3G.

Soooo.

Maybe?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    MMS-like?

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    they basically describe MMS without actually calling it MMS

which means there is hope for it having MMS

i don't know

we'll see soon

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    here:
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/06/26/internal-att-memo-indicates-groundbreaking-iphone-3g-feature-mms/
    Check this out. New reports are coming in that a very interesting memo is currently circulating internally at AT&T. Said memo reportedly lists a variety of features that will supposedly be included on the upcoming iPhone 3G. Among them is an exciting new service that - get this - allows you to send SMS-like messages that include multimedia attachments. Imagine! The service, cleverly named Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) supposedly allows users to attach one or more image, audio file or even video and deliver the message along with text. The recipient of the message will then see and / or hear the multimedia on his or her mobile. Nutty. None of this is confirmed as of yet, but how sweet would it be if a mobile phone had functionality like this?! Oh Apple, you’ve done it again! Next thing you know we’ll find out that Apple has figured out a way to copy text from one place and paste it to another. Ok, that’s just crazy talk.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It's just bizarre.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    guys I want a new cell phone

I have verizon and I've decided I dislike their pricing and coverage where I live now

so I plan to get t-mobile again, but I want a good text messaging phone that's not huge like the eNV or that new samsung one with the full keyboard

what's good out there for GSM?

hmmmm

so, you want something with text messaging but doesn't have a huge full keyboard?

off the top of my head, the Samsung "Blast" and classic BlackBerry "Pearl" are pretty good phones with keyboards halfway between a full QWERTY and simple numpad that are easy to text with and they fit in a pocket really easily.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

see, this is why I don't buy apple products

never have, never will

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

see, this is why I don't buy apple products

never have, never will
    tool

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    wait, how is that being a tool

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    he wrote his t upside down

potatoe on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008

What is their 'really good marketing'? The only marketing I've seen for iPhone consists of a few short adverts demonstrating some of the basic functions of the phone. I guess they have a section on their website for it as well which...basically runs through everything the iPhone can do. And...maybe a demonstration at a key note speech? And demonstration models in shops?

So basically, their 'really good marketing' consists solely of just putting the phone in front of people and letting them decide if they like the functionality or not?

Devious!

Why don't manufacturers with cheaper alternatives that do the same stuff just go out and demo their product as well?

Szechuanosaurus on