As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The new booze thread

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    last night, I tried a new thing: Angostura Black: Flavoured Rum Beverage with Cola

the key words here are "flavoured" and "beverage"

should have been my first clues, really.

Tasted of balls, and not in the good way.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Ani_BAni_B Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Whats the worst alcohol you guys have drank for a long period of time? I am not talking about "Oh this one time I sipped some of blah blah" I mean actually bought and got drunk off of for a long time?

Mine is Ten High whisky, oh god that stuff is awful, but damn cheap.

something that tasted like mouthwash

hot 100 i think it was called

also i have mixed vodka with water once upon a time

Ani_B on
    Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    When in a group we don't really pace each bottle, but more when we get a new one.

So you can scull your bottle if you want to, but usually it's good form to wait till everyone has finished their current, then we all grab another.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ani_B wrote: »
    Whats the worst alcohol you guys have drank for a long period of time? I am not talking about "Oh this one time I sipped some of blah blah" I mean actually bought and got drunk off of for a long time?

"Hot Damn" is 100 proof cinnamon schnapps.

It is both the most awesome and terrible stuff ever.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My worst would be Cowboy Milkshake I got as a birthday present.

It could taste nice, but it usually didn't

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    When in a group we don't really pace each bottle, but more when we get a new one.

So you can scull your bottle if you want to, but usually it's good form to wait till everyone has finished their current, then we all grab another.

When you say from the bottle, are you talking about liquor or beer?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

"Hot Damn" is 100 proof cinnamon schnapps.

It is both the most awesome and terrible stuff ever.

I thought the same of this whiskey called "Fireball Whiskey". Cause it taste's like the fireball candy, but its whiskey. An unusual mix.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Beer

My immediate drinking buddies are beer people, as when the liquor comes out it's difficult to pace. With the exception of Southern Comfort and coke, which we can standardize a bit better.

It's rare we deviate from beer though

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My old roommates were all about weird alcohol but if it turned out bad they would just offload it at parties.

Dumbest shit they got was "Aftershock," an 80 proof cinnamon flavored beverage that has crystals at the bottom of the glass bottle. The apparent appeal was that once you down the actual liquid, you could then break open the bottle and eat the crystals and they would make you so fucked up you guys.

However the logistics of trying to find cinnamon crystals among shattered glass doesn't cross any of their minds.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hot 100 that is the stuff. $1o to get me messed up as a cheep college student and no one would touch it, the perfect drink.

Ani_B on
    Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Beer

My immediate drinking buddies are beer people, as when the liquor comes out it's difficult to pace. With the exception of Southern Comfort and coke, which we can standardize a bit better.

It's rare we deviate from beer though

Alright, when mixing a lime or something with a bottle just pop it down in there, put your thumb over the opening and turn the bottle upside down. When the lime has risen to the top (bottom technically) turn it over and slowly relieve the pressure with your thumb.

I have never heard of anyone mixing fruits an beer differently.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    berry weiss and tamales

twas a good night

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Dont turn it too fast either way cause you will get sprayed.

Ani_B on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Dont turn it too fast either way cause you will get sprayed.

True story, and don't let up too quickly either.

Foam and spray all over the hand. Not the best way to make friends.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    not only the hand, all over the kitchen

welcome to my house, here is my mop

Ani_B on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    it is summer so the only thing I drink right now is the mojito

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Shorty wrote: »

I had one of these at TGI Fridays.

Then I got the bill for like $9 and was like fuck that shit.

I should make some on my own because it was pretty tasty and was popular to everyone.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

I should make some on my own because it was pretty tasty and was popular to everyone.

there's a bar five minutes from my apartment that has incredible mojitos for 5.50.

two of the employees are PAX enforcers.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

there's a bar five minutes from my apartment that has incredible mojitos for 5.50.

two of the employees are PAX enforcers.

I think I should sign up to be a PAX enforcer.

Does that mean you get hooked up on drinks or meals?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Vodka & lemonade rocks. Except if you drink enough of them you wake up the next day with your mouth feeling like it's made of rubber.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Anal loving.

My favorite drink is tequila. That is why Thanatos is my favorite forumer. He brought a really nice bottle to Arses party in March. It was super good. Strong liquor has great flavour. Or I just might be huge fucking lush.

Ani_B on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    a little from column a, a little from column b

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I can't really drink very harsh liquor

I mean, I could drink it, but I wouldn't enjoy it at all

Vodka is about as strong tasting as I can handle straight

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Quick scratch his eyes out while he waits for a wittier counter post

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Anal loving.

My favorite drink is tequila. That is why Thanatos is my favorite forumer. He brought a really nice bottle to Arses party in March. It was super good. Strong liquor has great flavour. Or I just might be huge fucking lush.

I found out that I like Tequila once I got away from Jose Cuervo and into some pricer bottles. I can enjoy shooting it but sipping on it, not so much.

How are you supposed to drink Tequila anyway?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I find it goes well with pineapple juice. But you'll get sick of tequila eventually. They all do. It's evil.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Anal loving.

I found out that I like Tequila once I got away from Jose Cuervo and into some pricer bottles. I can enjoy shooting it but sipping on it, not so much.

In a wine glass.

Ani_B on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Quick scratch his eyes out while he waits for a wittier counter post

I will just punch him in his gollies.

Ani_B on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    not my gollies!

is what that kid would say

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    But you need those
    If he doesn't have eyes he is at your mercy!

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Springfield
    rules
    Suckers

Ani_B on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Anal loving.

In a wine glass.

Red or White?

How much does tequila have to breathe.

Maybe a champagne glass?

God I love spell check, one second I am here like fuck, how do I spell champagne, the next second I am just right clicking away.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Spell check is rad.

I think it was a white wine glass. You really shouldnt listen to me when it comes to booze. I used to drink Hot 100 remember, I am not exactly qualified to give out high class advice when it comes to liquor .

Buuuut, my rule of thumb is, if it feels good do it, even if you shouldnt, something, something, something else.

Ani_B on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Spell check is rad.

I think it was a white wine glass. You really shouldnt listen to me when it comes to booze. I used to drink Hot 100 remember, I am not exactly qualified to give out high class advice when it comes to liquor .

Buuuut, my rule of thumb is, if it feels good do it, even if you shouldnt, something, something, something else.

I just know that I would drink whiskey straight, then someone told me that I should put an ice cube in it. It made one helluva difference in taste and aroma.

I thought you were just being silly when you said a wine glass, but hey wine glasses are fun to drink from regardless whats in them.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Here is a fantastic fruity drink for you peeps to try.

Pink Eye
    Start with one measure each of vodka and cointreau in a highball glass
    build over ice with equal parts orange and grapefruit juice
    top with a drizzle of melon liqueur.

Warning. Do not consume when thirsty. It is so refreshing and easy to drink at 2 shots per glass, you will be drunk before you know it.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Back during fall semester I decided I wanted some scotch. One of my 21-yr-old friends was making a trip to the ABC store so I gave him some money and told him to get some scotch but nothing to pricey.

He brings back a $14 handle of Scoresby, which looks and tastes just like horse piss. Sure, it got me drunk but I mixed that shit with whatever liquid was at hand at the time. I know technically you're not supposed to mix scotch but this stuff was aged 36 months, the bare minimum, so it was barely scotch anyway

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    #pipe wrote: »

Pink Eye

Warning. Do not consume when thirsty. It is so refreshing and easy to drink at 2 shots per glass, you will be drunk before you know it.

What do you mean build over ice? Fill it with the orange/grape juice till it covers the ice?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Man you can mix whatever you want with whatever else.

I don't mind scotch on the rocks, but with coke or ginger ale, it is delicious.

Let people drink what they like the way they like it and we'll all get along and drunk together.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man you can mix whatever you want with whatever else.

I don't mind scotch on the rocks, but with coke or ginger ale, it is delicious.

Let people drink what they like the way they like it and we'll all get along and drunk together.

Huzzah!

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Pink Eye

What do you mean build over ice? Fill it with the orange/grape juice till it covers the ice?

"build" is a way to construct a cocktail. It means pour in the first ingredient, then the ice, then the building ingredients together all in the serving glass. It is the act of pouring in these ingredients that mixes the drink. Don't shake or swizzle or muddle or stir.

#pipe on