As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The new booze thread

• Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    #pipe wrote: »
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Here is a fantastic fruity drink for you peeps to try.

Pink Eye
    Start with one measure each of vodka and cointreau in a highball glass
    build over ice with equal parts orange and grapefruit juice
    top with a drizzle of melon liqueur.

Warning. Do not consume when thirsty. It is so refreshing and easy to drink at 2 shots per glass, you will be drunk before you know it.

What do you mean build over ice? Fill it with the orange/grape juice till it covers the ice?

"build" is a way to construct a cocktail. It means pour in the first ingredient, then the ice, then the building ingredients together all in the serving glass. It is the act of pouring in these ingredients that mixes the drink. Don't shake or swizzle or muddle or stir.

When you say equal parts orange/grapefruit juice, is that equal as in like a shot of each (equal to the alcohol)

Jigrah on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just learnt a valuable lesson.
    No strafe jumping in the house

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Pink Eye

Warning. Do not consume when thirsty. It is so refreshing and easy to drink at 2 shots per glass, you will be drunk before you know it.

What do you mean build over ice? Fill it with the orange/grape juice till it covers the ice?

"build" is a way to construct a cocktail. It means pour in the first ingredient, then the ice, then the building ingredients together all in the serving glass. It is the act of pouring in these ingredients that mixes the drink. Don't shake or swizzle or muddle or stir.

When you say equal parts orange/grapefruit juice, is that equal as in like a shot of each (equal to the alcohol)

No, equal to each other.
    as much or as little of them as you like depending on how strong you want the drink.

Although a highball is usually 8 ounces and, with ice, filling the glass is probably the way to go.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Pink Eye

No, equal to each other.
    as much or as little of them as you like depending on how strong you want the drink.

Although a highball is usually 8 ounces and, with ice, filling the glass is probably the way to go.

Awesome, thanks, will definitely try this out sometime.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I can feel myself completely sobering up, and I just have to wonder about the alcohol limit for driving. I am pretty confident I was fine driving last night, I don't do stupid risks. But man, if I am sobering up completly 5 hours later?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ani_B wrote: »
    Anal loving.

My favorite drink is tequila. That is why Thanatos is my favorite forumer. He brought a really nice bottle to Arses party in March. It was super good. Strong liquor has great flavour. Or I just might be huge fucking lush.
    "Really nice" is probably a bit extreme: that was a $25 bottle of tequila. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love that stuff (Monte Alban, if people are wondering; it's actually mescal, not tequila) but it's only $7 a bottle more than Cuervo; it's not exactly top-shelf.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Corralejo is good, not terribly expensive tequila. Comes in a tall slender blue or red (anjeo) bottle. I usually just get the reposado, because it's pretty damn good.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    Corralejo is good, not terribly expensive tequila. Comes in a tall slender blue or red (anjeo) bottle. I usually just get the reposado, because it's pretty damn good.
    I think I actually tried this stuff shortly before I found Monte Alban.

They're about the same price, and there's really no comparison: Monte Alban kicks the shit out of it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So what would be a good rum to use for making mojitos? I have stayed away from the stuff for a couple years and then I would only get dark rum. I am looking to spend less than $40.

natek on
  • Options
    DaimajinDaimajin Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Buh-leted

Daimajin on
  • Options
    transistorsecttransistorsect Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Has anyone mentioned whiskey yet? Whiskey sours and by far the greatest cocktail ever made.

transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I really need some booze in my house right now, doggs

luckily my work keeps a huge supply of booze in the server room so tomorrow

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Buh-leted

Daimajin on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Buh-leted

Daimajin on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Daimajin wrote: »
    What I really enjoy on a hot day is rye whiskey and ginger ale. I don't even really like ginger ale alone, but mixed with rye it is delicious.

When I hear back as to whether or not I got the job in Texas later this week I am going to dip into my small but high quality collection of single malt scotch. There is a bottle of 21 yr Glengoyne that has a date with my liver.

I will have to try that. I don't enjoy ginger ale that much either.

transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Daimajin wrote: »
    natek wrote: »
    So what would be a good rum to use for making mojitos? I have stayed away from the stuff for a couple years and then I would only get dark rum. I am looking to spend less than $40.

Appleton estate mkes a solid product in the $20-25 range. Thank you for not buying Captain Morgan or bacardi.

Yeah I wanted to avoid buying the bacardi or captain and try some other brands. I still need to buy some good glasses and a muddler.

natek on
  • Options
    CaffeinatedGuyCaffeinatedGuy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I like Myers's Rum for Dark Rum.

CaffeinatedGuy on
    brick_bow_banner.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    man right now i wish i had

just a big ol' bottle o' gin

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fallout wrote: »

tell it like it is my brother

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I haven't drank in two weeks. :(

transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I had a glass of wine last night with dinner, but man I haven't gotten drunk in a loooooooong time.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

tell it like it is my brother

sadly i have but the coin for a quart of brew
    windowslivewriteramericandysfunctionalmedicine-f694simpson-duff-beer-internet-homer51.jpg

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Dislexic wrote: »
    I had a glass of wine last night with dinner, but man I haven't gotten drunk in a loooooooong time.
    Maybe I am just not cultured but I really haven't taken a liking to wine yet. I suppose it is best to pair it with some sort of tasty dish but I usually drink with hooligans.

transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You do not have to be cultured to drink some wine.
    See: Manischewitz and Boones Farm

not saying they are that great as far as wines go, but they are flavorful.

natek on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    natek wrote: »
    You do not have to be cultured to drink some wine.
    See: Manischewitz and Boones Farm

not saying they are that great as far as wines go, but they are flavorful.

Boones is god awful.

transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It sure is.

I actually do enjoy manischewitz, though. My uncles always buy a couple bottles during christmas.

natek on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    manischewitz.jpg

Communal wine?

transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Red Stripe is my new favorite beer. It is like a soda with booze in it. And James Bond drinks them, so I feel okay about that.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    is that the jamaican one?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The only beer I can stomach Killian's Irish Red.

transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    is that the jamaican one?
    It's Jamaican ginger beer, yeah. They come in cute little stout bottles.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    yeah

i had one of those once, that shit was tasty~

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My manager recommended Stella to me once. I drank the 12 pack but it sure wasn't worth the money I paid for it.

I've always wanted to buy some red stripe but never got around to buying it. I have been drinking Newcastle a lot lately.

natek on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm not a big fan of Stella. I like Newcastle, though.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    tall can of OE

hail jeah

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I had killians last week. Has anyone noticed it is super fucking cheap for such a flavorful beer? I could have sworn it was more expensive but I got a 12 pack for 9.99 the other day. It is on a military base but that is on par with shit like bud lite.

Also love for red stripe. I actually have so red stripe sandals I wear. And my wife puts lime in hers but I prefer it regular.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    BagrationBagration Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've been trying to find a bottle of Yellow Chartreuse for like a year now, haven't seen a single bottle so far (well there was one, but it had a ridiculous price tag on it).

Any luck in US with that stuff?

Bagration on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Stella is totally overrated due to marketing hype. LOOK WE HAVE A SPECIAL GLASS AND WE ARE A HIGH END IMPORTED BEER!! So many jackasses bought into this they think they're the classiest mother fucker ever drinking a totally mediocre beer (I still drink it but it's just ok).

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    noluitnoluit Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rossi di Montalcino is an awesome wine.

Best served with cheese and in the company of upstanding gentlemen.

noluit on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I had killians last week. Has anyone noticed it is super fucking cheap for such a flavorful beer? I could have sworn it was more expensive but I got a 12 pack for 9.99 the other day. It is on a military base but that is on par with shit like bud lite.

Also love for red stripe. I actually have so red stripe sandals I wear. And my wife puts lime in hers but I prefer it regular.

exchanges are awesome for getting drunk on the cheap

top shelf liquor for like $18

ZeroFill on