new art dump (characters and the like)

XaviXavi Registered User
edited July 2008 in Artist's Corner
Yo!

I just started an art blog (finally!) and wanted to share the stuff I've put up there so far.

Plus, its been a good while since I was here :)

sorceress.jpg

dancer_girl.jpg

ashur.jpg

raging_spaniard_portrait.jpg

page_01.jpg

revolver_girl.jpg

fat_dood.jpg

Xavi on

• RavenqueenRavenqueen Registered User
    edited June 2008
    I really like the color pallet that you are using. Great work.

Ravenqueen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The left hand breast on the first one looks significantly smaller than the right...looks wierd.

and that's all I've got...good work! :)

Mustang on
  • XaviXavi Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    The left hand breast on the first one looks significantly smaller than the right...looks wierd.

and that's all I've got...good work! :)

eh, youre totally right! I hadn't noticed that before!

Thanks for the observation :)

Xavi on
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm sure I'm going to be pulled up that some women do have one knocker that's larger than the other....so I thought I'd better mention it........and now I'm going to be pulled up as a pig for calling them knockers.........yeah I've got no defence for that one.

Mustang on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I like your colors, but there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason whatsoever as to where you choose to put them. That creates a disjointed feel, like the colors were painted on them rather than being cast be some particular light source.

rts on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Your coloring might be illogical, but boy howdy, I like the weird stylishness of it. More talent for me to envy.

Tam on
  • XaviXavi Registered User
    edited June 2008
    cakemikz wrote: »
    I like your colors, but there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason whatsoever as to where you choose to put them. That creates a disjointed feel, like the colors were painted on them rather than being cast be some particular light source.

Yeah I'm definitely experimenting a bit, it works better on some cases than others for sure. Hopefully going apeshit in color now will benefit me when I go back to a more traditional approach and find a good balance.

Xavi on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User
    edited June 2008
    I agree with Tam. Wierd lighting issues aside, I still like this alot -- sometimes you can break the rules and it still works, at least for the viewer (the portrait is bang on, though).

I can't really draw character/concept stuff so I'm envious. Keep it up!

Grenn on
  • Demi GourdDemi Gourd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think your coloring would look nice in a sunset. With like, some characters in the foreground.

Demi Gourd on