Options

Stories of terrible teachers

• Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My PE teacher in 10th grade hated me for some stupid reason and every time I got an A or B for something he would give me an F for motivation or team spirit to cancel it out. Ended up with a D average.

Well the reason was that my friends and I didn't like PE and weren't the most entusiastic pupils. For example we would slack off during warm up and when doing grades if we already got a result that was worth an A or B stop trying to get better.

But I was the only one he hated because the one time I was sick and missed his class my two friends acted all entusiastic and super motivated and when he asked them why they weren't always like that blamed it on me, those fuckers.

I got him back tho and I got him good.

Twice a year we would have tournaments where all the classes would compete against each other. The first tournament each year was always soccer and the second one was handball except 10th grade where the second tournament was basketball.
    Now to get some backround my class always lost in those tournaments and we lost bad, because we were at a severe disatvantage. The teams always consisted of 5 player plus 2 extras, in the others classes these were always the 7 best players they could field, more often than not guys that played these sports in clubs. In my class we only had 5 boys so we all had to play even tho none of us played any sport in any club and we didn't get extras either. To add insult to injure the teams from others classes would all get an A for volunteering and we wouldn't get anything because we didn't volunteer.

So like I said my class was always the last of every tournament, never even scoring a single goal during any of the soccor or handball games. But this all changed with the basketball tournament in 10th grade.

Well not all of it we still made last place and we still got crushed in two of the three games loosing somwhere around 0:40 in 15 minutes of gametime. The third game tho was against my teachers favourite class. To make first place they needed to score more points against us then one other class did and they were sure they would, because hey we were just some loosers that didn't even fight back.
    But we showed them and for the first and only time we actually fought and pushed and I scored the only points my class ever made and we only lost 8:4 and they came in second place.

Man was my teacher pissed after that. All the pupils from the other classes found it totaly hilarious tho and cheered for us all through that game.

HoA-player on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    One of the worst teachers I've had was in high school, my italian teacher, she would get angry at anything and eventually the entire class was just catch-up-on-sleep time.\

I had a math teacher whose english was so poor I was having a harder time understanding what the hell he just said rather than the actualy question.

I also had another teacher who was in her mid 40s, thought she was still a looker, she fucking wasn't would always lean over wearing a g-string and tight skirts, sometimes she'd be in front of me teaching someone else and lean riiiight the fuck over, I'd look up and *BAM* fucking nightmares for a week.

Another teacher was a lady.... guy... thing... that taught Physical Education, a real drill instructor clich'e. Gave her the name "Brassballs"

Another teacher was my year 11 art teacher, we were making a lighthouse themed design, but it had to be pottery. It was for a competition between all the schools in my city. My art teacher looked at my final peice and said "I can't believe you made that garbage, thats not going to look good in the show". I was gutted, the frigging bitch. Funnily enough I got second spot in the competition, next to a first place.... pot that just happened to be bigger than the other pots... and a third place... pot. Every fucking entry that made it into the top ten were pots. She saw me go up and claim my prize and had the most sour look on her face.

Bitch. Should have punched her on the way out.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I coat hangared a PE teacher by accident.

He had the footy, and I ran at him, and I went to tackle his chest, and he tried to duck.

All coughing and spluttering for like 15 minutes

EDIT: I had an indian maths teacher for 2 weeks leading up to exams, and we had some very hard stuff to learn.
    He wasn't even a trained maths teacher.
    I got a D after scoring above average the entire semester

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I coat hangared a PE teacher by accident.

He had the footy, and I ran at him, and I went to tackle his chest, and he tried to duck.

All coughing and spluttering for like 15 minutes

EDIT: I had an indian maths teacher for 2 weeks leading up to exams, and we had some very hard stuff to learn.
    He wasn't even a trained maths teacher.
    I got a D after scoring above average the entire semester

It's interesting that you call this a "coat hanger". I've never heard it referred to as anything but a "clothes-line". Clothesline makes sense because the effect is the same as if someone ran into a clothesline without looking.
    "Coat hanger" sounds like an abortion technique.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My last two years of high school were irritating throughout because for some retarded reason they made you tuck you shirt in.

I am physically uncomfortable tucking my shirt in.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

It's interesting that you call this a "coat hanger". I've never heard it referred to as anything but a "clothes-line". Clothesline makes sense because the effect is the same as if someone ran into a clothesline without looking.
    "Coat hanger" sounds like an abortion technique.

I aborted him right in the fucking throat.

But yes my bad, I do that mix up way too much

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    my teacher was, indeed, a loon

also the materials cost 300 fucking dollars

pass

Raneados on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I picked up an easy class I've already taken

hopefully I can still get loans this way

if not; I will take Intro to The Black Experience

ugh

Raneados on
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I had a chemistry teacher who could not teach chemistry. She just used a text book and read directly from it.

But she had an amazing rack. So it was a good class.

gazamc on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    gaz aren't you a chick

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I am not! But I dont think thats the first time it has been mistaken.

If it makes it sexier in your head, then yes. With breasts the size of watermelons and an ass you could crack walnuts on.

gazamc on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    sorry I don't like big tits

I'm breaking up with you

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    theres always surgery!

what of the surgery!

oh god. another story for the break up thread.

gazamc on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ew breast scars

broken up x 2

Raneados on
  • Options
    Myself980Myself980 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I remember during a math course, the teacher was an Indian dude, doctorate in matematics. He'd also only been speaking English for 2 years. his accent was so thick I could only sort of understand him half the time. To boot, his notes we're written in pure mathematics, so they we're semi-incomprehensible, as he never did explain what all the symbols meant.

After 6 weeks I ended up going to the lecture of a dude he did speak English natively, and things we're much better, even interesting. From what I understand, the Indian guy's class size dwindled from about 50 to 6 at end of term. Those people we're only there because they didn't want to make him feel bad.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, don't go into computer science.

Myself980 on
    Bad command or cheese. Abort/Retry/French?
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Do you just hate the word "were" or what?

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Crawford wrote: »
    My 7th Grade teacher was Indian. One of the smartest people when it comes to cells and biology and stuff..
    end of last year one of her students had a hammer (I don't know why), swung it back, and the head flew off, deciding a nice place to land would be her forehead.

What happened to her? She didn't die or get brain damage or anything, did she?

Minor concussion, I guess.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    and from then on

science was lost to her

Raneados on
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My 9th grade US History teacher decided that the school curriculum for US History was not his cup of tea.
    Instead, he used the captive, impressionable audience to fill us with his liberal democratic views and opinions regarding the US government.
    Our nightly homework was to bring in a current event from the newspaper.
    If it was a story about something bad, it was usually the fault of a republican overlord.
    If it was a story about something good, it was usually attributed to the will of the [democratic] people.

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My 9th grade World History teacher used to get into arguments with one antagonistic kid and slam her hand down on the desk a lot. She repeated the words "you know" and "see" so often that I started keeping track and running a small gambling pool (no money involved, just prestige) in which the winner was the one closest to the number of times she used those words during the class period.

Good times.

Quoth on
  • Options
    SaphSaph Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My college will make timetable changes and not notify anyone until the actual day. This is not good, because people have to book shifts for their jobs.

Obviously people would complain, and our tutor would just say "Well you have to learn to schedule things"

She hasn't been so bad lately, but I despise her sometimes.

Saph on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Once in my 8th grade Social Studies class, I think it was 2002... I asked my teacher about both Iraq and North Korea and how they were both having nukes and how this could escalate into another cold war.

He started a long process of explaining how world conflicts kinda tie together, and he just cut himself off and went "Well it's kinda like 'oh there's a rat'" *Stomps his foot down on the ground. "And there's another!" and he stomped his foot down again...

Other than that, he was a real great teacher I think. And even a year after 9/11, he was giving lectures that did net him some fair share of trouble for 'scaring' the kids... Like he noted that "Yes there are people in the world who look at the twin towers collapsing and begin to cry, but there are also people on the other side of the world who give each other high 5's or whatever they do over there... Not everyone loves America like we do..."

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    TillTill Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    On the first day of class, my 9th grade World Cultures teacher told us flat out that if there was ever an emergency of any kind, he was jumping out the window and leaving us all to die. He also rode a bicycle around campus all the time.

Till on
    20050504h.jpg
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I want to test a theory I've had about high school foreign language teachers. In my experience and talking with friends and relatives, it seems that all foreign language teachers in high school are all a bit odd. They can be awesome and eccentric, or they can be batshit loco, but I've never really heard of one being boring and ordinary.
    Examples:
    My mom had a Spanish teacher that read somewhere that you could tear your cornea from rubbing your eyes. So the teacher freaks out and yells anytime someone touches their eye in class.

My wife's Spanish teacher knocked herself out while playing red rover and then denied it ever happened.

My Japanese/Spanish teacher met her husband in a kibbutz in Israel after she saved up her college graduation money for a one-way trip to visit a pen pal there. After getting married with his family in Scotland, they flew to New York, and proceeded to hitchhike back to Idaho. She then moved to Japan and taught fro three years.

Does this theory work in other people's experiences?

Iloveslimes on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My high school French teacher was the most boring person ever. Take that as you will.

I know a high school Italian teacher who is a strange and cool person, though. She takes her guitar to class on people's birthdays and makes everyone sing to them.

Quoth on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I want to test a theory I've had about high school foreign language teachers. In my experience and talking with friends and relatives, it seems that all foreign language teachers in high school are all a bit odd. They can be awesome and eccentric, or they can be batshit loco, but I've never really heard of one being boring and ordinary.
    Examples:
    My mom had a Spanish teacher that read somewhere that you could tear your cornea from rubbing your eyes. So the teacher freaks out and yells anytime someone touches their eye in class.

My wife's Spanish teacher knocked herself out while playing red rover and then denied it ever happened.

My Japanese/Spanish teacher met her husband in a kibbutz in Israel after she saved up her college graduation money for a one-way trip to visit a pen pal there. After getting married with his family in Scotland, they flew to New York, and proceeded to hitchhike back to Idaho. She then moved to Japan and taught fro three years.

My French teacher had a number of home-made posters with the phrase "I can do it, I want to do it, I will do it!" in many different languages. One of them was in Kling-on. He would read them all out loud every day.

He would ask us what the weather was like, then walk up to the window and plaster himself against it, loudly, and also loudly proclaim what the weather was like.

We would spend roughly half of each class talking about whatever was making him angry in the world, and at the end of every class he would get angry that he had wasted so much time.

He would routinely assign us poems or rhymes to memorize for the next week and then just decide to not have us recite them when the big day came.

His pants were almost as tall as I was.

So yeah, not batshit crazy. But definitely a little strange.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    My high school French teacher was the most boring person ever.

This.

She was the most plain-Jane boring individual ever, with a husband and two kids you just know were conceived through reluctant missionary sex.

Usagi on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My Japanese professor freshman year was a great guy, but he wasn't entirely used to life in the United States. Whenever we would tell him about the lives of college students in the US, he would always have a surprised look and go "Ehhhh? Nani?!" Still, he was a good teacher, and had a really good sense of humor. He even came and saw an intermural floor hockey game me and some classmates were in. He was sitting on the floor by the sidelines, and when the ball came flying straight at his head, he jerked his head to the side slightly, and the ball flew right past him. I don't think he even blinked.

One funny story he told us was when he first came to the US and was living with a friend. It was around Christmas, and he wanted to help decorate the tree. He goes to target, and tries to find hooks for ornaments. Unfortunately, at the time he thought that in order to make the noun form of a verb, he needed to add "er" at the end of verb. So you can imagine what the person at the store thought about my professor when he asked where to find hooks....

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    RandiRandi Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This past year I've had one of the worst teachers I've ever had for AP US History. Going past personality differences, which there were a lot because she was a ditz who rambled on and on and on about the same point for half the class daily if someone didn't manage to derail her, she was just plain incompetent. By the end of the first semester, we hadn't even started the Civil War yet because she insisted on harping away about the writing part of the exam, even though she openly admitted that we had already got it down, but she "just wanted to make sure" by spending two or three days every two or so weeks wasting time talking about it.

By the time she actually wanted to get as much content as she could cram in our heads, the third nine weeks was ending and so she gave us flash cards and set us up in pairs like we were supposed to get more knowledge by having questions we've never heard before asked us once, which was, of course, assuming we didn't get the batches that had the content we'd already gone over on them, which most of us did because she only put one stack into circulation that had questions we'd not discussed before.

So the test day rolls around, and we take the test and would you look at that, most of the questions are on stuff that happened during World War One or after. The only reason I knew to do anything for the big DBQ was because the girl who had that as a topic for her term paper talked with me a bunch when we were supposed to be researching. If I passed that test, I'll be shocked beyond belief.

The best part of all this is that she said she made the course hard to prepare us for college level. To avoid having to take World History from her next year, I signed up at a community college nearby and just last week finished a semester's work in four weeks in what the teacher said was the hardest of his history classes. So, basically, I wasted a lot of time and effort in a useless class with an even more useless teacher who only has her job because she's the superintendent's wife.

The best part of all this is that, while everyone agrees with me that the class was horrible, they're all going to make themselves miserable next year anyways. Since no one was taking the AP World History, can't imagine why, she got an "advanced history" class instead, which she even said was going to be the exact same thing as AP except without the test at the end. I'm surrounded by idiots.

Randi on
  • Options
    seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Examples:

my german teacher is a mormon and is also the easiest person to get off track ever

she is also one of the nicest, most helpful people I have ever met

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Myself980 wrote: »
    I remember during a math course, the teacher was an Indian dude, doctorate in matematics. He'd also only been speaking English for 2 years. his accent was so thick I could only sort of understand him half the time. To boot, his notes we're written in pure mathematics, so they we're semi-incomprehensible, as he never did explain what all the symbols meant.

After 6 weeks I ended up going to the lecture of a dude he did speak English natively, and things we're much better, even interesting. From what I understand, the Indian guy's class size dwindled from about 50 to 6 at end of term. Those people we're only there because they didn't want to make him feel bad.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, don't go into computer science.
    My Ancient Indian History professor two semesters ago got his PHD in China, spoke fluent english, hindi, chinese, japanese, and possibly more. I chose not to discuss him in russian with my friend during class because fuck he probably knew some russian too.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I bought my way to an A in 8th grade Social Studies by loaning my teacher my comic collection

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have a psychology professor in college now, who is freaking insane! After buying the book(which she said we needed) she then tells us that the book is wrong, and we'll be going based on what SHE knows is right. Which would be fine, if she didn't try to do the lecture from memory. After the first test(where 90% of us missed the exact same problems she didn't teach us) some of us compared answer keys, got a copy of the test, and it turned out she hadn't graded them right!
    And when teaching psychology she always talks about erections, like everything will be tied into an erection. She's told us about six times how to tell if you get an erection in the night. It is sooo uncomfortable(seeing as I'm the only freaking guy in the class).

On the plus side I am making an A in the class, but only because I'm working my ass off on the extra credit.

Spectral Swallow on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    men get erections MOST nights

like 5 times every night

Raneados on
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Examples:

my german teacher is a mormon and is also the easiest person to get off track ever

I am not seeing how this reply relates to that post

Also Mormon says hi

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    men get erections MOST nights

like 5 times every night

I thought it was way more than that. Like at least 10x more.

I'm probably wrong.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    no, 5x or so is right

they last a while though

the wook on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    in any case

it makes erection-inhibitors of medieval and Victorian times so much worse

Raneados on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Examples:

I am not seeing how this reply relates to that post

Also Mormon says hi

hi

oh shit, am I the Mormon now?

FAQ on
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    FAQ wrote: »

Also Mormon says hi

hi