As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stories of terrible teachers

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Faricrazy endorses pedophilia

more at 11

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    pick some up at your local supermarket today!

Faricazy on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    that was a word from our sponsor

now back to Get Them While They're Young: Why Statuatory Rape Ain't All That

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited July 2008
    what

like, the youtube the website? the whole website?

Faricazy on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited July 2008
    hilariously, that last post got me here

666.jpg

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah thats like the funniest thing.

It should go in the record books for being the funniest thing ever.

Fabricate on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    well I'm a raneados and I never rebut anything that people say about me

so there

the crap is a raneados anyways?

the most exciting of hunts

Raneados on
    edited July 2008
    hahaha Fabricate

that sarcasm is so great

I was obviously thinking that it was the greatest thing while I posted that

anyway don't be such a cunt

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    we don't like fabricate very much

Raneados on
  • IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I had the worst class in 6th grade. The teacher was annoying and awful too, but we did con her into letting us pick the movie to watch on our free day. We chose Bloodsport, the Van Damme movie where I think he breaks someone's leg and there were definitely tits. We got into a lot of trouble that day.

Iloveslimes on
  • FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Keeses all around.

<3<3<3

Fabricate on
    edited July 2008
    well I'm a raneados and I never rebut anything that people say about me

so there

the crap is a raneados anyways?

the most exciting of hunts

except when you catch it, you don't just get some great-tasting meat, you get some great-tasting meat

:winky:

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fabricate wrote: »
    Keeses all around.

<3<3<3

I hated those fucking bats.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    tsplitter wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    Wait so you got a D because your lab partner was a shitty student?

A bad lab partner can fuck your shit up pretty bad

250px-Unterbheit.gif

this was a high quality post

Yes.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I had the worst class in 6th grade. The teacher was annoying and awful too, but we did con her into letting us pick the movie to watch on our free day. We chose Bloodsport, the Van Damme movie where I think he breaks someone's leg and there were definitely tits. We got into a lot of trouble that day.
    this very same thing happened to me

except some douche decided to bring in Saving Silverman which isn't even funny and i don't think there's tits

Clint Eastwood on
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    I failed almost every course in my second semester of 9th grade due to poor attendance.

everything except phys ed

Where I come from skipping class/school gets you suspended and you don't get pass by doing well on finals.

Where I come from, if your class is so simple that I can skip it 4 days a week and still have an A/B, then just make sure you have some nice signed "excuse Little Billy, he was puking," notes.

But that's just where I went to school.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    this very same thing happened to me

except some douche decided to bring in Saving Silverman which isn't even funny and i don't think there's tits

We watched Logan's Run in 6th grade and there's definitely glimpses of tits in that.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    In 8th grade history, we watched Gettysburg. Most of the students in the class were acting kind of dickish and making jokes thoughout, even during the battle scenes. I wanted to punch them.

EDIT: Oh, seeing the Azumanga reference reminded me of another time in high school where I decided to keep my friend company in detention. I was sitting there bored, so he gave me a copy of Azumanga Daioh to read. Apparently I became very engrossed in it, because my Spanish teacher came up to me and said hello, and I didn't even notice her. I felt really bad and apologized to her afterwards, but she was nice and told me not to worry about it.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • alivatnaalivatna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    In my 10th grade history class the teacher for some reason showed us some old anime. It was really awkward to watch in class. It was about some kid in Japan during/after the Hiroshima bomb. And it had anime titties and lots of people getting blowed-up. And a baby dies.
    Everyone was like, "Wait, this is a cartoon?"

She wasn't teaching the next year.

alivatna on
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hm, I think I heard of the movie you're talking about, but I'm not sure what the the title is. I saw a clip of the scene when the bomb hits in my Japanese class. It was really gruesome. But it's apparently pretty famous and a really good film on the atomic bomb drops.

EDIT: Duh, Grave of the Fireflies. Can't believe I forgot that.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    alivatna wrote: »
    In my 10th grade history class the teacher for some reason showed us some old anime. It was really awkward to watch in class. It was about some kid in Japan during/after the Hiroshima bomb. And it had anime titties and lots of people getting blowed-up. And a baby dies.
    Everyone was like, "Wait, this is a cartoon?"

She wasn't teaching the next year.

she showed Grave of the Fireflies in class?!

My story: 2nd grade had an angry woman who taught us nothing, and just made us do worksheets while she read the newspaper. We all hated her as passionately as 2nd graders could.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ^^
    Grave of the Fireflies is a beautiful and depressing film. Roger Ebert even ranks it among his must-see movies about WWII.

But OH NO IT'S ANIME IT IS FOR CHILDREN AND TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE OH MY FUCKING GOD!

edit: On second thought, Grave of the Fireflies doesn't even mention the Hiroshima bomb. It must have been another movie where people get blown up and a baby dies. Fun fact: War is gruesome, even "good" wars like World War II!

In 7th grade we watched a black and white adaptation of Romeo and Juliet that features Juliet's 14-year-old titties for roughly half a second and a nice 10-second shot of Romeo's ass as he gets up after consummating his marriage.

TankHammer on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

In 7th grade we watched a black and white adaptation of Romeo and Juliet that features Juliet's 14-year-old titties for roughly half a second and a nice 10-second shot of Romeo's ass as he gets up after consummating his marriage.

Us too. :^:

Marathon on
    edited July 2008
    Grave of the fireflies is the only movie to make me cry.

They just announced that they are making a live-action adaptation. It probably won't be as good.

Faricazy on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Marathon wrote: »

Same. Last movie we watched in English this past year.

George Fornby Grill on
  • alivatnaalivatna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My internet searching proved successful! The film she showed was called "Barefoot Gen."

Here's a clip from the bomb dropping;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCHbF9lG3lE

Awkward as fuck watching this in class.

alivatna on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The only film, besides Grave of the Fireflies, that I can think of to match that description would be Akira.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited July 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »
    The only film, besides Grave of the Fireflies, that I can think of to match that description would be Akira.
    are you blind or something

Faricazy on
  • waggawaggawaggawagga Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Crawford wrote: »

Us too. Twas the talk of the town.

waggawagga on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Grave of the Fireflies made me cry like a motherfucker

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »

My roommate and I watched it sophomore year. I heard it was a really good but sad movie. That's all I knew going in. After it was over we were silent until after the credits and then an additional 5 minutes before we turn to each other and simultaneously say (with tears held way back in our throats)

"dude, that sucks."

Grave of the Fireflies ruined war movies for me forever and had both of us depressed for hours.

TankHammer on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    YES! Animes!

Synthetic Orange on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

My roommate and I watched it sophomore year. I heard it was a really good but sad movie. That's all I knew going in. After it was over we were silent until after the credits and then an additional 5 minutes before we turn to each other and simultaneously say (with tears held way back in our throats)

"dude, that sucks."

Grave of the Fireflies ruined war movies for me forever and had both of us depressed for hours.

God, me too

I don't even like anime and I still thing that is a magnificent film

[edit] the burning cities with the cats and children and stuff were just so D:

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    waggawagga wrote: »
    Crawford wrote: »

Us too. Twas the talk of the town.
    Everyone watched that at some point in school.

And we had the color version.

SirToasty on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ahh horrible teachers. I guess I should preface that saying first that my college is indeed fucking awful and therefore the fact that many of the teachers are also awful is not really a surprise. I will only list out the "extra bad ones" because otherwise this will be a whole page.

Teacher A, hired 3 days before the class began, taught off of a curriculum printed out from poorly scanned papers the "other" teacher had typed up a while ago. REFUSED TO DEVIATE from it, took every word as literal truth, and despite the fact she was adamant about upholding the intention of the course work that the other teacher had left her to teach decided on many cases to totally misinterpret the assignment descriptions which lead to me having to do the following:

1) Literally emulate a design for a post card, every font needed to be identical, every font transformation, ever placement of words and ever color (despite the fact that the print out was black and white, she decided to "guess" at what colors might have been used and command us to use those).

2) Draw artistic interpretations of the Letter A exactly 100 times. 100 different hand drawn artistic interpretations of the letter A. I cannot even tell you how this came about because I have blocked it from memory but I remember that the *actual* assignment was for us to create a font, you know. Design a font, all the letters, all the symbols, all the numbers. Instead in what I can assume was only an error on the paper we ended up having to draw a capital A 100 times, each one had to be artistically distinct and we were marked off for any that looked somewhat similar.

To cap off, Teacher A was technically illiterate, she had to ask help from the students in order to both operate a CD-ROM tray on a PC citing "she was a Mac person" and also how to locate a USB port. She had absolutely no experience with Adobe Illustrator, which was the program we were actually supposed to be using. She insisted on having us use another program (who's name escapes me at the moment) which more than half the class was not familiar with and which more than 95% of the computers in the room did not have installed.

In 11 weeks she never gave a single lecture or made any insight at all, simply read from the papers she was given.

We flooded all available faculty and departments with letters of complaint and she was very quickly fired but not after we had completed the course and not offered to take it again for free.

Teacher B, the server side scripting teacher, "specialized" in Visual Basic .NET, had absolutely no professional resume. Her major qualification for getting the job is that she owned her own business of which she was the sole employee and spate out template web sites with shoddy primitive back ends.

Teacher B had absolutely no understanding of the program language she taught outside of the most ultimate elementary basics. I had already been working in the field for a year with highly trained Microsoft Certified engineers of the same discipline as she who basically confirmed my assertion that she was not only staggeringly un-knowledgable but in fact teaching what she did know very poorly.

She taught at least 4 classes in the curriculum and in each one she constantly back tracked on ridiculously stupid shit such as "what is a variable" and "remember the if statement?" keep in mind the whole class has already been through over half a dozen programming courses in at least 3 other languages. Taught almost everything directly from a text book, all in class lectures were actually text book practice assignments she stumbled through (because she had not read them the day before or anything). Many times she would complete programs that would not even compile or at best simply not work as intended.

Her final move was in a class that, fortunately, I tested out of. She brought in two of her ACTUAL CLIENTS and forced the students to work for her clients for a grade, the entire class, without contract and without pay. They were responsible for the whole shebang, design/development/deployment.

Again, complaints filed vigorously but she was actually defended by the school which is when I knew things were gravely wrong. Ultimately fired after students began taking a bullet and failing her class on purpose, and lodging complains that she was failing them because of personality conflicts. That in conjunction with the forcing them to work for her clients thing got her the axe just recently.

Teacher C a literature professor who was apparently a Doctorate. Covered four literary works in the curriculum, of which she read, we assume, 0.

All of the lectures were given off of internet print outs (I know this because I saw them), she was incapable of speaking extemporaneously on any subject at all. Her speech patterns were eccentric as if she was reading out of some pamphlet in her brain that we couldn't see, fact checking each word (to no success). She often cited false information that contradicted either her own lecture or the video she has shown us the same day on the subject (example, Shakespeare was apparently born in 3 different years spanning half a century, at least as far as I kept track).

Her lecture on the books themselves (rather than the authors) were given in a carbon copy Cliff's Notes format. She never made any insight on any of the books at all, only read print outs. The quizzes on the books were atrociously bad to the tune of "what was the 9th word on the 3rd paragraph on page 34". All of the questions were either asking for minute details of the settings that were inconsequential to the plot or ridiculously obvious stuff such as "who were the ruling species on Animal Farm". In one quiz she actually asked the same question three times but just phrased differently.

"Who was the ruling species of Animal Farm"

"Who was the evil species of Animal Farm"

"Which species exploited the other animals to do their bidding"

The answer to all three is PIGS, and those were three questions of a 10 question quiz on the fucking book.

By this point I was done complaining. I just came in, got my assignment, left promptly. Easiest A ever.

Jasconius on
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

So, Natasha and I just went over to our new house. Our new roommates were there, and I guess one of them had purchased a tin of Japanese candies (much like the kind from the movie).

I saw them and just didn't say anything, it made me sad. Then Natasha picked it up and asked "What's this?"

"Oh, it's just some Japanese candy. Have you seen Grave of the Fireflies?" asked the roommate.

"Nope. Mind if I have some?"

"Sure, go right ahead."

Well, she couldn't get the top open, so she looked at me and asked in a soft voice. "I can't open it, could you please?"

... Seriously, I just about fucking burst out crying.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited July 2008
    callius I have met you two

natasha is stronger than you

Raneados on
    edited July 2008
    Callius wrote: »

So, Natasha and I just went over to our new house. Our new roommates were there, and I guess one of them had purchased a tin of Japanese candies (much like the kind from the movie).

I saw them and just didn't say anything, it made me sad. Then Natasha picked it up and asked "What's this?"

"Oh, it's just some Japanese candy. Have you seen Grave of the Fireflies?" asked the roommate.

"Nope. Mind if I have some?"

"Sure, go right ahead."

Well, she couldn't get the top open, so she looked at me and asked in a soft voice. "I can't open it, could you please?"

... Seriously, I just about fucking burst out crying.
    :O

Faricazy on