Options

Stories of terrible teachers

1356715

Posts

  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    and our trend of shitty new people continues

    Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    My English teacher last year was great
    Dude was a total pothead, and spent more time telling jokes than he did teaching the class
    When I called Holden Caulfield a whiny little bitch, all he said was "Exactly."
    I loved that dude

    Me Too! on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My geology teacher looked just like the geologist in this comic:

    geologist.gif

    he was so nerdy it was pathetic

    SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Xaquin wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »
    A science teacher of mine from high school was arrested for child porn a few years back. The funny part was, no one suspected him and he was generally well-liked by most people. I mean, he was terrible in hind sight.

    haha same here

    wasn't Mr. Wiggins was it lol

    nope. it was a mr. beier.

    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm on Summer Break throughout the year though. :/ That description isn't entirely true. I've simply not slept at all and it has obviously made me a jerk, and labeled me as a fag. :S

    I will survive, somehow.

    8-)

    Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    shit man I just realized
    Summer means the old crowd will be showing up again over at KoL
    I miss some of those guys, I should say hello

    Me Too! on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Starting my Junior year of High School I don't think I sat through one real class. I was like a less handsome Ferris Bueller.

    GRMike on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My school had a Cartooning and Animation class for one year.

    It was a great idea, I was so excited when I signed up for the class.

    And then they picked the worst art teacher in the school to teach it.

    You know what made her the worst art teacher in the school?

    She taught Art like one teaches Math: That there is a right answer, and a wrong answer. There is the way of doing things that she is teaching you, and the wrong way.

    She was the worst art teacher I ever had.

    She ruined that class. They never did the class again because 2/3 of the students dropped it before mid-term and instead of realizing it was because of a lousy teacher, the school assumed the course was crap and discontinued it.

    Pony on
  • Options
    TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    My school had a Cartooning and Animation class for one year.

    It was a great idea, I was so excited when I signed up for the class.

    And then they picked the worst art teacher in the school to teach it.

    You know what made her the worst art teacher in the school?

    She taught Art like one teaches Math: That there is a right answer, and a wrong answer. There is the way of doing things that she is teaching you, and the wrong way.

    She was the worst art teacher I ever had.

    She ruined that class. They never did the class again because 2/3 of the students dropped it before mid-term and instead of realizing it was because of a lousy teacher, the school assumed the course was crap and discontinued it.

    Please forgive me. ;_; I love your Pony avatar.

    TheSkyIsBurning on
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    and our trend of shitty new people continues

    With me? Because I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, I just thought it was kind of ironic.

    Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/


    The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927


    The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    My English teacher last year was great
    Dude was a total pothead, and spent more time telling jokes than he did teaching the class
    When I called Holden Caulfield a whiny little bitch, all he said was "Exactly."
    I loved that dude

    oh my god

    wiggin you ever meet this man i want you to give him a high 5

    and when he asks why you say "THIS WAS FROM THE INTERNET!"

    because any english teacher who thinks holden caulfield is a whiny little bitch deserves a high 5

    Pony on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We had a Computer Drafting class in the shop room where they just put in a fancy computer lab and the teacher was going through a divorce and drank heavily so he didn't care what happened in the class as long as we turned out assignments in. It was safe to say we played CS 1.6 and Age of Empires until he kicked us out of the room.

    GRMike on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Buddy Lee wrote: »
    and our trend of shitty new people continues

    With me? Because I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, I just thought it was kind of ironic.

    no no

    you seem fine

    it's theskyisburning

    who just continued his terrible

    Pony on
  • Options
    WestsideDagobahWestsideDagobah Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So back in High School I was always pretty good at math. Good in the 'it came easily to me and I never studied' kind of way.

    When I started Algebra II my freshmen year, I was dating this girl in band. She happened to be the god-daughter of my math teacher. And I slept through class. This inspired some amount of ire from my teacher.

    She called my parents and told them I was lazy. That I slept through lessons. That I cared very little about my schooling and made no effort in class. She tried to get me dropped from the marching band program, since clearly that was distracting me from what was important in school. She felt the material was beyond me, and thought it best that I be placed in a class to give me a good foundation for my high school career.

    So I was given a new class schedule. My math class was 'Algebra Foundations'. I was in a class with lots of Junior athletes that were hungry to get their first year of math credit needed for high school graduation. The same teacher taught the class.

    I went on to ace every test. When the state testing came around, i aced that too. The next year I would find out that I didn't get a question wrong, and I got some certificate that they said would be mentioned when I graduated for outstanding academic achievement that made the school look good.

    And she gave me a B- in Algebra Foundations. On the count of some missing homework.

    Boo~

    WestsideDagobah on
    -Ry

    If you're bored, take my Nerd Culture Test: http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-nerd-culture-test
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Buddy you are not a new person god

    Me Too! on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Buddy Lee wrote: »
    and our trend of shitty new people continues

    With me? Because I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, I just thought it was kind of ironic.

    dude you're not even new

    Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Buddy you are not a new person god

    But that doesn't mean that I'm not a shitty person.
    I NEED YOUR LOVE, PEOPLE!

    -EDIT-
    Oh hell, great thing to get put on the top of the page.

    Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/


    The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927


    The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Lol! wrote: »
    My English teacher last year was great
    Dude was a total pothead, and spent more time telling jokes than he did teaching the class
    When I called Holden Caulfield a whiny little bitch, all he said was "Exactly."
    I loved that dude

    oh my god

    wiggin you ever meet this man i want you to give him a high 5

    and when he asks why you say "THIS WAS FROM THE INTERNET!"

    because any english teacher who thinks holden caulfield is a whiny little bitch deserves a high 5

    The conversation went exactly like this
    "Hey, LeGro (nobody in that classroom called him Mister, it was just like he was a random dude in our class), what class reads Catcher senior year?"
    "The Contemporary Lit classes read it, but you get a choice between that and a couple of other books."
    "Oh that's good, I hate that book." "Yeah, me too, it's a real downer."
    The kid next to me asks what he means by that
    "He means Holden Caulfield is a whiny little bitch." "Exactly"

    Me Too! on
  • Options
    noluitnoluit Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    One time, my chemistry teacher in 10th grade was doing the standard liquid nitrogen demonstration.
    Then she poured some into a bottle of spring water and closed the cap, which resulted in the bottle exploding.
    The plastic shrapnel tore through my shirt and gave me a gash on my arm.

    And she was like,
    >>
    <<
    whooooooops.

    noluit on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    part of the other problem with the cartooning class was the teacher believed that political cartoons were the most important contribution to society that cartoons and animation have ever done and that we should all learn how to do political cartoons.

    god it was so terrible.

    we would be forced to do political cartoons based on current events in the news and express our viewpoints and opinions in such a way.

    but, if she disagreed with your viewpoint she'd grade you poorly as "not properly capturing what the article was about"

    oh god she was so terrible

    Pony on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I had a professor once who decided, about a month into the class, that she hated me. Not sure why, don't have any idea what I did, but she decided she hated me. So after I hand in the final paper I get an e-mail 'Hey, could you come by my office, it's about your final paper. Bring your research if you could.' Okay, I think, that's a little weird, but whatever. So I go there, and she pulls out my paper and starts accusing me of having plagiarized the whole thing. Tells me she's going to go to the student board and have them look at it before deciding what to do. Basically tells me that I'll be kicked out of university, blah blah blah. Unfortunately for her I kept very, very detailed notes on all the research I did, which I then presented to her and said 'if you still think I plagiarized after reading this then go right ahead and do whatever you want'. She started backpedaling at this point, apologizing and telling me 'oh we have to be careful about these things.' Never did explain why she thought I'd plagiarized and I ended up leaving that class with a B.

    Thank god for being done university, let me tell you.

    vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    noluit wrote: »
    One time, my chemistry teacher in 10th grade was doing the standard liquid nitrogen demonstration.
    Then she poured some into a bottle of spring water and closed the cap, which resulted in the bottle exploding.
    The plastic shrapnel tore through my shirt and gave me a gash on my arm.

    And she was like,
    >>
    <<
    whooooooops.

    My lab partner for chemistry poured water fresh from a bunsen burner onto his hand the first day and got kicked out of the class/switched to astronomy.

    TheSkyIsBurning on
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My 7th grade algebra teacher arranged the seating chart in a way that all the girls sat directly in front of his desk, and the boys were along the sides and the back.

    Summers would see several seating chart changes, as he'd further refine the placements based on which girls were fond of skirts.

    He was the creepy dude with the slicked-over part, the thick glasses, and the whisk-broom mustache.

    zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    that same teacher also screwed one of my friends out of art school because the girl was kind of a skank.

    now, the girl was in fact, kind of a skank. she dressed like a slut and tried to fuck every cute guy in the art class

    but! she was pretty good at painting regardless

    the teacher hated her, in the same psychotic inferiority complex way that female teachers always hate skanky students.

    so she graded her final project in such a way that the girl's total grade was 84%.

    She needed 85% to get into the school she wanted.

    The teacher knew this, and fucked her over on a percent point on purpose and told her to her face in front of the whole class "that maybe another year of school will teach you to be more mature and teach you some humility"

    what a bitch.

    i'm sorry, you don't get to grade people on their personal life, you cunt.

    Pony on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I finally got back the paper that has now not only destroyed my hopes of getting into a great PhD program, now I'm not even sure I'll be able to get my MA. 50,000 dollars well spent I tell you what.

    But it gets better. The comments on my paper literally can be summed up as a giant FUCK YOU from the professor. Not room for improvements or constructive criticism, but telling me my paper was an enormous disappointment and I missed the entire point of the seminar.

    So let's break it down shall we? I'm supposed to model my journal article after the journal I believe I would like to submit my finished product to. This includes footnotes. I copy the footnote style of the journal I chose, French Historical Studies to the letter. My professor writes back that I failed in that I did not use the Chicago Manual of Style version of footnotes which is accepted in most major journals. Nevermind the fact I gave him a fucking copy of the journal to show the style I used was based directly off it. Nevermind the fact that he told us to tailor our articles to a specific journal style and not one that could apply to multiple journals. So that's FUCK YOU number 1.

    Number 2 is basically bitching at me for not using enough primary sources. I'm sorry that this was a semester long class. I'm sorry I'm not an American history student who just has to walk down to the fucking Old North Church , I'm sorry I'm not the professional documentary directory/professor who conned an old man out of the tapes that basically show Boeing admitting to stealing the design of the first jet engine, and I'm certainly sorry I'm not your bitch of an advisee who you stare at like you want to hit it like the angry fist of God you senile old faggot. I'm a European history student for fucks sake. I can't exactly afford to go to Paris in a semester and scour the archives. And fucking primary sources related to French war guilt and the role of music is not exactly forthcoming stateside. I did the best with what the fuck I had. And who the fuck are you to tell me it doesn't break new ground? You're professor of fucking MOZAMIQUEN ECONOMIC HISTORY. Where in the fuck did you suddenly become on expert on my topic?

    This is the article I am supposed to submit to the graduate committee that determines whether or not I get the degree. I don't even know what the fuck I am supposed to do at this point. Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to word a giant FUCK YOU BACK email to my professor while maintaining some semblance of professionalism. Then again, I'm never going to have a class with him again.

    The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Fun fact: the pothead teacher that hated Catcher was one of the teachers honored by the students at graduation yesterday
    And you could tell he did not want to be up there
    He slept through most of the ceremony

    Me Too! on
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This thread is great. My major is social science education and it makes me wonder how I will impact my future students.

    Maybe one of them will talk about me on an internet forum someday!

    Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/


    The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927


    The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Buddy Lee wrote: »
    This thread is great. My major is social science education and it makes me wonder how I will impact my future students.

    Maybe one of them will talk about me on an internet forum someday!

    Or to a rape counselor.

    :winky:

    Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Part of the reason I gave up on university is because I realized just how much of the system is entirely dependant on whether or not your profs like and respect you and in many cases has nothing to do with your academic performance.

    There's just too much politics for me.

    Pony on
  • Options
    noluitnoluit Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My degree will guarantee me a very spacious cardboard box in an affluent neighborhood.

    noluit on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This is a story that is not so much terrible bad as it is terrible sad.

    We had a sub by the name of Mr. Dry who was probably the saddest person ever. Just being in the room with him made you feel bad for him. I can't tell you why exactly other then looking at him made you want to cry because he gave off the impression that life had never been fair to him and he knew and accepted this.

    One time a kid flicked a rubber band at him and he turned around slowly with a sort of defeated look on his face and mumbled 'at least it wasn't a rock' and turned around just as slowly.

    Poor guy.

    Xaquin on
  • Options
    TheSkyIsBurningTheSkyIsBurning __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Part of the reason I gave up on university is because I realized just how much of the system is entirely dependant on whether or not your profs like and respect you and in many cases has nothing to do with your academic performance.

    There's just too much politics for me.


    then stay out of the politics! make a wow account and stfu, you whiny bitch.

    TheSkyIsBurning on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Part of the reason I gave up on university is because I realized just how much of the system is entirely dependant on whether or not your profs like and respect you and in many cases has nothing to do with your academic performance.

    There's just too much politics for me.

    One of the smartest things I ever did in University was find about 4-5 profs who seemed to really like me, and then try and take almost all my classes from them.

    As a result, the only times I got screwed over were when I had to take any required courses from different profs.

    vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    noluitnoluit Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    what

    noluit on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Part of the reason I gave up on university is because I realized just how much of the system is entirely dependant on whether or not your profs like and respect you and in many cases has nothing to do with your academic performance.

    There's just too much politics for me.


    then stay out of the politics! make a wow account and stfu, you whiny bitch.

    :|

    SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Part of the reason I gave up on university is because I realized just how much of the system is entirely dependant on whether or not your profs like and respect you and in many cases has nothing to do with your academic performance.

    There's just too much politics for me.


    then stay out of the politics! make a wow account and stfu, you whiny bitch.

    There's advice I'd love to pass on but it would be in poor taste

    Me Too! on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Part of the reason I gave up on university is because I realized just how much of the system is entirely dependant on whether or not your profs like and respect you and in many cases has nothing to do with your academic performance.

    There's just too much politics for me.


    then stay out of the politics! make a wow account and stfu, you whiny bitch.

    Fun fact: While there may, in fact, be a lot of forcible anal sex going on around here SE++ really doesn't operate like prison.

    You don't make yourself look like a big tough guy by trying to pick an e-fight with someone who already posts here.

    It just makes you look like a tool.

    What did I do to you to warrent this sort of internet aggression? Nothing. You're attempting to troll and flame a man for no other reason than trying to assert your e-dominance.

    It's sad.

    Also, 10 points will be taken from Gryffindor for the unironic use of the term "stfu".

    What're you, 14?

    Pony on
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SA wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Part of the reason I gave up on university is because I realized just how much of the system is entirely dependant on whether or not your profs like and respect you and in many cases has nothing to do with your academic performance.

    There's just too much politics for me.


    then stay out of the politics! make a wow account and stfu, you whiny bitch.

    :|

    Seriously, how old is this guy, twelve?

    Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/


    The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927


    The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    vsove wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Part of the reason I gave up on university is because I realized just how much of the system is entirely dependant on whether or not your profs like and respect you and in many cases has nothing to do with your academic performance.

    There's just too much politics for me.

    One of the smartest things I ever did in University was find about 4-5 profs who seemed to really like me, and then try and take almost all my classes from them.

    As a result, the only times I got screwed over were when I had to take any required courses from different profs.

    See, I hate that you're right, and that this is the best way to go through university. University should be about learning, and proving what you have learned, not playing politics and egos.

    Although, I suppose it's arguable that depending on your degree, playing with all these politics and egos will prepare you for what your occupation of choice will really be like.

    Pony on
  • Options
    noluitnoluit Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man, I never get the attractive teachers.

    noluit on
Sign In or Register to comment.