As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nothin' wrong with musical theatre son

Straightzi on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ten0101 wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    i found a rip of the songs but it's all hissy

:(

when is the soundtrack going up?

Backwards Name has a classy one he made.
    I will be buying the official soundtrack whenever it comes out. I also bought the episodes on iTunes.
    I 100% believe in supporting the people who made this.

:^:

I'm planning on buying from iTunes once it's actually available on the store, as well as the soundtrack and DVD, I felt the urge to sing along to some of the songs this morning and was frustrated because I couldn't remember the melodies for certain bits.

Also, Joss Whedon has inspired me to look into pursuing musical theatre as a hobby thing, I'm going to go back to my old singing teacher and see if she knows of any amateur groups in the area.
    Does this mean I'm turning gay?

No not turning

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I sure hope so, because I too am going to look into going into some Musicals.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well boys you have come to the right place because I'm the resident heterosexual musical theater expert here

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I did not expect something that twisted to pop up so early in this show.

Wait till you watch Some Assembly Required.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Redeemer wrote: »
    Yes

It wasn't disrespectful in light of her meaningful relationship with Oz at all

I think you're being sarcastic but I can't tell

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    Ten0101 wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    i found a rip of the songs but it's all hissy

:(

when is the soundtrack going up?

Backwards Name has a classy one he made.
    I will be buying the official soundtrack whenever it comes out. I also bought the episodes on iTunes.
    I 100% believe in supporting the people who made this.

:^:

I'm planning on buying from iTunes once it's actually available on the store, as well as the soundtrack and DVD, I felt the urge to sing along to some of the songs this morning and was frustrated because I couldn't remember the melodies for certain bits.

Also, Joss Whedon has inspired me to look into pursuing musical theatre as a hobby thing, I'm going to go back to my old singing teacher and see if she knows of any amateur groups in the area.
    Does this mean I'm turning gay?

No not turning

Fuck, what am I going to tell my wife?

Ten on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well boys you have come to the right place because I'm the resident heterosexual musical theater expert here

This is all good and well but...

You liked HSM, I mean, I haven't seen it, but, I don't think I want to, do I?

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    zimfan wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I did not expect something that twisted to pop up so early in this show.

Wait till you watch Some Assembly Required.

Or Batteries Not Included.

8-)

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    zimfan wrote: »

This is all good and well but...

You liked HSM, I mean, I haven't seen it, but, I don't think I want to, do I?

No I didn't like HSM. I just joke posted over there because everyone else was so I didn't think the list was really going anywhere

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

You're confusing yourself with me.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Khavall wrote: »

Let us fight

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Khavall wrote: »

Does it really matter? Around here, being the heterosexual musical expert is like being the best quadriplegic in the NBA.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Alright gents, on the count of three, start snapping your fingers and draw your weapons

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I use Andrew Lloyd Webber as weapon because he is a giant tool

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I just got finished playing for that show not three days ago.

EDIT: West Side, not anything by faggy mcfagpants

Khavall on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    OK, serious question to you musical theatre experts then, what do you recommend I watch/listen to to get a better idea of the genre? Keep in mind all I've seen in the way of musicals is Joss Whedon's stuff, and Hairspray. Oh, and I've listened to most of the songs from Les Miserables when I performed one of them a couple of years ago.

Ten on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Khavall Which one?

I would say Les Miserables is the best place to start

Then Soundheim especially Into the Woods

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have been watching movies on hulu all damn day. The same commercials over and over again are getting annoying but on the other hand I've seen The Big Lebowski and Pitch Black for the first time. And I'm about to watch The Rundown. This is a fantastic website.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Khavall Which one?

I would say Les Miserables is the best place to start

Then Soundheim especially Into the Woods

West Side Story, I was responding to the above you response.

Also for suggestions if you want to blow off the back of your head with awesome: I was looking at the Ceiling and then I saw the Sky, The Adding Machine, and Sunday in the Park with George.

But work your way into those. Merrily We Roll Along, Assassins, Parade, Last Five Years, those are some good transitional musicals.

Khavall on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited July 2008
    I have been watching movies on hulu all damn day. The same commercials over and over again are getting annoying but on the other hand I've seen The Big Lebowski and Pitch Black for the first time. And I'm about to watch The Rundown. This is a fantastic website.

the movies have ad breaks?

I'm not sure I'd be able to watch movies on the site if they all have ad breaks. Totally fucks up most movies

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

the movies have ad breaks?

I'm not sure I'd be able to watch movies on the site if they all have ad breaks. Totally fucks up most movies

The movies have so many ad breaks

I stick to watching shows on Hulu.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah there are ad breaks. Didn't really bother me at first, but they're the same like 6 ads over and over. They actually cut off at pretty good spots though, so it's not too bad. Definitely not the ideal way to watch, but it gave the opportunity to see movies I'd always wanted to see but not badly enough to actually buy the dvd.

Tried watching Titan A.D., which is supposed to be good, but goddamn the animation is really off-putting.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'm really getting into buffy.

I'm on the episode where she has a date with Owen. I actually feel like a teenage girl now

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I'm on the episode where she has a date with Owen. I actually feel like a teenage girl now

Buffy does that to people.

Shouldn't this thread be renames Whedon Appreciation Thread?

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

thats one of the better first season eps

but it gets so much better

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hpjchobbeshpjchobbes Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's been a while since I've watched it, but can anyone explain the reasoning in Buffy that
    lead to Xander breaking up with Anya? I remember the episode where the demon made Xander think he saw what their future was like, which turns out was false, but I never fully understood Xander's reason for calling the wedding off and such.

hpjchobbes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    hpjchobbes wrote: »
    It's been a while since I've watched it, but can anyone explain the reasoning in Buffy that
    lead to Xander breaking up with Anya? I remember the episode where the demon made Xander think he saw what their future was like, which turns out was false, but I never fully understood Xander's reason for calling the wedding off and such.
    he'd had cold feet about the wedding long before that, that was just the final excuse that put him over the edge. The fact that the demon could show him that and that he was able to believe it

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    hpjchobbes wrote: »

Self-loathing, mostly. He saw what had happened with almost all of his relatives who got married, and he realized that there was a chance he'd end up that way. So instead of risking it, he called it off - probably assumed better to hurt Anya now then spend the next 20-30 years hurting her.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah there are ad breaks. Didn't really bother me at first, but they're the same like 6 ads over and over. They actually cut off at pretty good spots though, so it's not too bad. Definitely not the ideal way to watch, but it gave the opportunity to see movies I'd always wanted to see but not badly enough to actually buy the dvd.

Tried watching Titan A.D., which is supposed to be good, but goddamn the animation is really off-putting.

A.E. you mean.

It was a pretty good movie, but the CGI they used really clashed with the 2D.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Titan AE is wonderful

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Titan AE is a great example of why animated films work so very well.

Also it's a perfect example of how animated films have to be amazing so that people take them seriously over live-action.

Khavall on
  • Options
    bowlofpetuniasbowlofpetunias Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I really enjoyed Titan AE

something I didn't watch until recently: Iron Giant... I don't know how I lived my life without it.

bowlofpetunias on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Best Vin Diesel role ever.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    In Buffy how does no one ever think it is weird that Buffy is always hanging around the old librarian.

Granted it was the 90's

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Best Vin Diesel role ever.

iron_robot.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    In Buffy how does no one ever think it is weird that Buffy is always hanging around the old librarian.

Granted it was the 90's

Because he was Tony Head.

Anyone hanging out with Tony Head is entirely acceptable no matter what.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The Rundown was pretty great.

But Sean William Scott was annoying.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Rundown was pretty great.

But Sean William Scott was annoying.

My dad worked on this movie

I went down to the set one day, while they were filming the scene where The Rock ruins everyone's shit in the town with the guns

Rosario Dawson jumped on my dad and started humping while yelling "DRY HUMP DRY HUMP DRY HUMP"

Then my dad introduced us and I wondered why she didn't jump on me.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm surprised you didn't spontaneously combust just by being near her.

Centipede Damascus on