As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week: 7/2/08

124»

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is that art on Manhunter by Gaydos?

edit: and is that word balloon in the first panel of the Wolfman page really needed?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

edit: and is that word balloon in the first panel of the Wolfman page really needed?

I don't know what an ellipsis sounds like either.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I don't know what an ellipsis sounds like either.

It sounds like "..."

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    there's no need for that there

if she's speechless than just have a balloon-less panel, let the art convey it.

Thats just silly

Even Bendis wouldnt do that

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EckoEcko Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    there's no need for that there

if she's speechless than just have a balloon-less panel, let the art convey it.

Thats just silly

Even Bendis wouldnt do that

Well, I wouldn't go that far!

Ecko on
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Black Glove is the son of Joe Chill.

Or Alfred, in his Outsider persona, as foreshadowed by the comment about allowing Bruce to stay serve as the butler.

Black Glove is Joe Chill. Joker is somehow Chill's kid. That's just my hunch.

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sagroth wrote: »

Or Alfred, in his Outsider persona, as foreshadowed by the comment about allowing Bruce to stay serve as the butler.

That's one too many twists for me.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

I think that Wolverine will be Black Glove. It fits right? He wears glove to hide his claw-holes.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited July 2008

this is worse than Alfred being Black Glove

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2008

Yes it's Gaydos. You should know that because you should be reading Manhunter

There is literally no reason for you to not be reading it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh shit, I need some context on Wolfman. I quit after the first issue.

What leads to that image is one of the big twists set up in the run so far. The pacing has been horrible, but it might well be worth picking up the trade and following the book now that it's going to monthly and now that Kirkman at least tentatively seems ot have this book back in order.

If you really want to know (and I really suggest you read the whole thing instead):
    Gary eventually got tired of his vampire "mentor" jerking him around and told him to get lost. Said vampire comes to talk to Gary, gets in a fight with Gary's wife, wife hits him, and he breaks her neck hitting her back. Gary catches the vampire feeding on her, chases him away, and is holding his wife when his daughter walks in.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    Oh shit, I need some context on Wolfman. I quit after the first issue.

What leads to that image is one of the big twists set up in the run so far. The pacing has been horrible, but it might well be worth picking up the trade and following the book now that it's going to monthly and now that Kirkman at least tentatively seems ot have this book back in order.

If you really want to know (and I really suggest you read the whole thing instead):
    Gary eventually got tired of his vampire "mentor" jerking him around and told him to get lost. Said vampire comes to talk to Gary, gets in a fight with Gary's wife, wife hits him, and he breaks her neck hitting her back. Gary catches the vampire feeding on her, chases him away, and is holding his wife when his daughter walks in.
    Oh, I thought he'd actually killed his wife.

The vampire mentor doing something horrible isn't exactly unexpected, as that's what people have been guessing since the first issue.

I guess it might be cool if his wife came back as a vamp, though. Then their family would be like the Munsters.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh, I thought he'd actually killed his wife.

The vampire mentor doing something horrible isn't exactly unexpected, as that's what people have been guessing since the first issue.

I guess it might be cool if his wife came back as a vamp, though. Then their family would be like the Munsters.
    To be fair, Zechariah (the vampire) was extremely remorseful, and only fed on her to bring her back. At the end of the issue he's seen looking distraught due to the whole situation.

So at least it's not a straight, "Haha, he was evil all along!" situation.

If nothing else, it looks like the book's going to get really interesting in a hurry. I'm glad I've stuck with it so far.

Munch on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    She'll obviously eat the daughter.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    And then the daughter will be brought back, a la Frankenstein's Monster or by way of mummy magic.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    And then the daughter will be brought back, a la Frankenstein's Monster or by way of mummy magic.
    Nah, because that would make sense, but not sufficient DRAMA. Wolfman will hate his wife cuz she killed the daughter to death, then leave him for his old Mentor.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Self-conscious humor, Panthera.

text is bad for tone?

i dunno, i got nothing.

PantheraOnca on