As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins Thread - Tell us what you liked/disliked!

1151617181921»

• RhevikRhevik Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Woo! Tied for 15th! ;)

I really have to bow down to those of you that got points of any kind: I only saw about a dozen other players, and I was so swept up in looking for this guy: target.png

that I forgot to even try to get a secondary kill. Did anyone here have that tag? Well played, yellow, well played. I'll even extend that to all the yellows out there! (All those shapes, too!)

Even so, I enjoyed the thrill of it every time I did catch a look at someone's badge and saw the assassin's tag. Next time hopefully I'll see my target, or my assassin will find me. :)

Rhevik on
  • PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    wow 8th with one kill, i'm good

also, redhalo: i ate the candy in the mushroom i looted from you. It was odd.

Petesalzl on
  • DraknodredDraknodred Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Draknodred wrote: »
    hell yes, I got second!

If only I had found the person with blue X symbol, I had seen them on friday AND saturday but they evaded me the last half on sunday when they were my actual target :(

Sorry to break it to ya, but i actually got second... Mars has to put in my kill for johnny still.

ONE POINT!!

wtf :(

oh well third is still a medal!

Draknodred on
  • MordkayMordkay Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    tied for 8th! yeah!!!!

Mordkay on
    Mordkay.png
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My dad would be in forth if he didnt loose all his stuff... he's got to have it somewhere, but he just cant find it.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sorry for the delay in posting lately, a nasty bout of Bronchitis has kicked my ass all week, post-PAX illnesses are the worst. Massive Update Time!

A quirk in the registration system gave Specific Kills to players for Generic which was fixed, so some players scores may have been slightly modified, but this did not change the order of the top players. The leaderboards were updated so you can now see the number and type of kills for each player.

The winner for the 2008 Assassins game is MacCartney. With 4 Primary Kills (2 Specific) and 9 Secondary she achieved an impressive 54 points and will be receiving the Chrome messenger bag as a prize.

The site will be undergoing a redesign to make things easier to find and to flesh out some of the things I coded on the fly for the game. Critiques and suggestions for the site are welcome, but send them to me directly at [email protected]. Achievements will be part of this redesign including the ones from PZ and new ones for players of this years Assassins and everyone will get at least one for playing.

I found this while looking for badge armband holders: http://www.securityimaging.com/Armband-Holder,1315,4076.html.

Another option is a magnetic holder, shown here: https://secure.namebadgeproductions.com/catalog.jsp?catId=287

MarsChelios on
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sorry for the delay in posting lately, a nasty bout of Bronchitis has kicked my ass all week, post-PAX illnesses are the worst. Massive Update Time!

A quirk in the registration system gave Specific Kills to players for Generic which was fixed, so some players scores may have been slightly modified, but this did not change the order of the top players. The leaderboards were updated so you can now see the number and type of kills for each player.

The winner for the 2008 Assassins game is MacCartney. With 4 Primary Kills (2 Specific) and 9 Secondary he achieved an impressive 54 points and will be receiving the Chrome messenger bag as a prize.

The site will be undergoing a redesign to make things easier to find and to flesh out some of the things I coded on the fly for the game. Critiques and suggestions for the site are welcome, but send them to me directly at [email protected]. Achievements will be part of this redesign including the ones from PZ and new ones for players of this years Assassins and everyone will get at least one for playing.

I found this while looking for badge armband holders: http://www.securityimaging.com/Armband-Holder,1315,4076.html.

Another option is a magnetic holder, shown here: https://secure.namebadgeproductions.com/catalog.jsp?catId=287

*cough*she*cough* lol, it was my little sister who won. She was really into this game, and was trying to be all strategic about it, and even killed me at the end of pax :P But yeah, 59 points... she stomped us all :P and shes only 12

Also, about the badgeholders, I think the arm bands are the way to go. With all the movement at pax, people would lose their badges with the magnet ones.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    LTAcosta wrote: »

The winner for the 2008 Assassins game is MacCartney. With 4 Primary Kills (2 Specific) and 9 Secondary he achieved an impressive 54 points and will be receiving the Chrome messenger bag as a prize.

*cough*she*cough* lol, it was my little sister who won. She was really into this game, and was trying to be all strategic about it, and even killed me at the end of pax :P But yeah, 59 points... she stomped us all :P and shes only 12

Also, about the badgeholders, I think the arm bands are the way to go. With all the movement at pax, people would lose their badges with the magnet ones.

Crazy! Our forum's own Matilda, well done! ;) (Pardon the vague "The Professional" reference)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I had something to say but forgot..........

Oh yeah. Having a big bright yellow circle as my symbol was very scary. You could spot it from a mile away! Can we pleeease replace it with something else next year?

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sumi wrote: »
    I had something to say but forgot..........

Oh yeah. Having a big bright yellow circle as my symbol was very scary. You could spot it from a mile away! Can we pleeease replace it with something else next year?

How about this one? :P
    bullseye.jpg

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
    edited September 2008
    HAH PERFECT!

Sumi on
  • RhevikRhevik Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Crazy! Our forum's own Matilda, well done! ;) (Pardon the vague "The Professional" reference)

I'm glad you specified the reference, because I'm terrible with most names (didn't recognize who Matilda was), but Leon the Professional was such an awesome movie!

Rhevik on
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am glad MacCartney won. She is, ahem, my daughter. We all had a great time playing this at PAX. She was better though, as half the time I would forget to even look for badges and she was always looking.
    Congrats!

Rayman on
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the most depressing thing is that i never ever got the chance to register my kills even right now, i sit before card and a computer and yet still i cannot do a damn thing!

s7arbuck on
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Draknodred wrote: »
    hell yes, I got second!

If only I had found the person with blue X symbol, I had seen them on friday AND saturday but they evaded me the last half on sunday when they were my actual target :(

i didnt evade anybody, on sunday i was crazy and did alot so that was why you couldn't find me

s7arbuck on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    the most depressing thing is that i never ever got the chance to register my kills even right now, i sit before card and a computer and yet still i cannot do a damn thing!

You should be able to still register Primary Kills; I decided not to close that portion out since the winner of this game was already fairly obvious. As I have stated above if you have had or are having problems contact me and we'll get them resolved.

MarsChelios on
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Draknodred, by the gods, next year, I'm going to staple your ears to your ass for killing me this year, cur.

Officer on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    First off, Sumi... you suck.

Second off, playing as Waldo in this game was interesting. Once somebody told me that my assassin knew that I was her target, I was fearful of leaving the BYOC because I knew that I would stand out like a sore thumb no matter where I went.

I would love to play again though. But I would also love to go as Waldo again next year... Fuck it, I'll do both and get my ass handed to me.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited September 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »
    First off, Sumi... you suck.

Second off, playing as Waldo in this game was interesting. Once somebody told me that my assassin knew that I was her target, I was fearful of leaving the BYOC because I knew that I would stand out like a sore thumb no matter where I went.

I would love to play again though. But I would also love to go as Waldo again next year... Fuck it, I'll do both and get my ass handed to me.

... I'm sorry :(

but that definitely worked out to my advantage too.. I'm sure if you were wearing civilian clothes.. you would have kicked my little pirate booty.

Sumi on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It was a great way to meet more people and chat about who got who but I wasn't killed nor did I kill which made me a little sad but it was still lots of fun on the cheap at PAX.

MaoChan on
This discussion has been closed.