Options

2012 AND THE END

13»

• Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »
    the mayan thing is the end of the mayan calendar because as they put it, it signals the coming of a new age, or something like that

so for all we know, some awesome aliens are gonna visit us and give us sweet-ass flying cars and shit

Yeah, I was thinking about stuff like this.

With the LHC abour to be turned on, we might be entering a new age of information and scientific discovery, which could be what they meant by a new age.

Not to mention, this 'age' we're supposed to enter into is supposed to be the 'golden' age.

It would be awesome if we started making rapid discoveries, and suddenly all that SciFi isn't so silly. Flying cars, faster then light travel.

Could be cool, could be just another useless discovery with no application.

Either way, people who think this 2012 doomsday stuff is real, are fucking dumb as shit.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    an age without mayan prophecies

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    fossilsdetailsciencefaiqu9.jpg

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It would be awesome if we started making rapid discoveries, and suddenly all that SciFi isn't so silly. Flying cars, faster then light travel.
    maybe even some obedient women!

Faricazy on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    when DOES The LHC go on?

because I suspect that motherfucker will end the world

Raneados on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Woah there....Science can only do so much. We ain't making miracles here.

Rinder on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rinder wrote: »

Woah there....Science can only do so much. We ain't making miracles here.

Yeah, for that, you need religion.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    when DOES The LHC go on?

2 days.

And eveything I've read about it has done nothing but reassure me that it won't destroy us.

Theres radiation all around us that pretty much evaporates the black holes instantly.

Also, the ones they'll be making are too small to selfsustain and grow larger.

So yeah.

Look on youtube for the TED LHC video, it's pretty eye opening and awesome. It should be the one from TEDTalks. Not a user submitted video with poor audio quality.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fishman wrote: »
    Yeah, for that, you need religion.
    Personally I find that having excessively low expectations works better.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    when DOES The LHC go on?

2 days.

And eveything I've read about it has done nothing but reassure me that it won't destroy us.

Theres radiation all around us that pretty much evaporates the black holes instantly.

Also, the ones they'll be making are too small to selfsustain and grow larger.

So yeah.

Look on youtube for the TED LHC video, it's pretty eye opening and awesome. It should be the one from TEDTalks. Not a user submitted video with poor audio quality.

WOAH WOAH WOAH

2 fucking days

shit my spaceship isn't even close to done

fuck

Raneados on
This discussion has been closed.