As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TOURNAMENT CENTRAL: RULES AND MORE!

1555658606164

Posts

  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    are you guys going to kiss now?

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    God I hope so.

    Furu on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    are you guys going to kiss now?

    unity.jpg

    Unity

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Doctor Doom could beat Magneto.

    Yes, I went there.

    Doctor Doom, who is covered in metal, could beat Magneto.

    Because he's Doom, of course.
    He's fought Magneto before, as I recall, and it went something like:
    Magneto makes a speech about how dumb a guy in a suit of armor would have to be to challenge the Master of Magnetism. Doom laughs as Magneto tries ineffectually to do anything to him, then says he's got something in his suit that negates Magneto's powers. Then Doom kicks Magneto's ass.

    Yeah, that device that deactivates any and all mutant powers? That'd sort of, you know, fall under the disallowable deus ex machina devices in the tourny.

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Septus wrote:
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Doctor Doom could beat Magneto.

    Yes, I went there.

    Doctor Doom, who is covered in metal, could beat Magneto.

    Because he's Doom, of course.
    He's fought Magneto before, as I recall, and it went something like:
    Magneto makes a speech about how dumb a guy in a suit of armor would have to be to challenge the Master of Magnetism. Doom laughs as Magneto tries ineffectually to do anything to him, then says he's got something in his suit that negates Magneto's powers. Then Doom kicks Magneto's ass.

    Yeah, that device that deactivates any and all mutant powers? That'd sort of, you know, fall under the disallowable deus ex machina devices in the tourny.

    But it's not out of the ordinary for Dr. Doom. That's standard equipment.

    Mai-Kero on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Septus wrote:
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Doctor Doom could beat Magneto.

    Yes, I went there.

    Doctor Doom, who is covered in metal, could beat Magneto.

    Because he's Doom, of course.
    He's fought Magneto before, as I recall, and it went something like:
    Magneto makes a speech about how dumb a guy in a suit of armor would have to be to challenge the Master of Magnetism. Doom laughs as Magneto tries ineffectually to do anything to him, then says he's got something in his suit that negates Magneto's powers. Then Doom kicks Magneto's ass.
    Yeah, that device that deactivates any and all mutant powers? That'd sort of, you know, fall under the disallowable deus ex machina devices in the tourny.

    But it's not out of the ordinary for Dr. Doom. That's standard equipment.
    Doom could beat Superman if he had time to prepare.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Doom is one of Marvel's best mystics. He'd have no problem beating the crap out of Superman.

    Scooter on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Septus wrote:
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Doctor Doom could beat Magneto.

    Yes, I went there.

    Doctor Doom, who is covered in metal, could beat Magneto.

    Because he's Doom, of course.
    He's fought Magneto before, as I recall, and it went something like:
    Magneto makes a speech about how dumb a guy in a suit of armor would have to be to challenge the Master of Magnetism. Doom laughs as Magneto tries ineffectually to do anything to him, then says he's got something in his suit that negates Magneto's powers. Then Doom kicks Magneto's ass.
    Yeah, that device that deactivates any and all mutant powers? That'd sort of, you know, fall under the disallowable deus ex machina devices in the tourny.

    But it's not out of the ordinary for Dr. Doom. That's standard equipment.
    Doom could beat Superman if he had time to prepare.

    Doom vs. Batman, each has time to prepare! Dun Dun DUN.

    God im sorry I made a "time to prepare" joke

    Marathon on
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Malkor wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Septus wrote:
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Doctor Doom could beat Magneto.

    Yes, I went there.

    Doctor Doom, who is covered in metal, could beat Magneto.

    Because he's Doom, of course.
    He's fought Magneto before, as I recall, and it went something like:
    Magneto makes a speech about how dumb a guy in a suit of armor would have to be to challenge the Master of Magnetism. Doom laughs as Magneto tries ineffectually to do anything to him, then says he's got something in his suit that negates Magneto's powers. Then Doom kicks Magneto's ass.
    Yeah, that device that deactivates any and all mutant powers? That'd sort of, you know, fall under the disallowable deus ex machina devices in the tourny.

    But it's not out of the ordinary for Dr. Doom. That's standard equipment.
    Doom could beat Superman if he had time to prepare.

    Doom vs. Batman, each has time to prepare! Dun Dun DUN.

    God im sorry I made a "time to prepare" joke
    Doom needs no time to prepare. Doom is always prepared.

    Adaemus1sf on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    031016.png

    031018.png

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Kuribo's Shoe I salute you.

    *Salutes*

    Caveman Paws on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    It is sad and funny that people are all "hulk is strongest in here" in the voting thread. Will ignorance win again? :(

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    It is sad and funny that people are all "hulk is strongest in here" in the voting thread. Will ignorance win again? :(
    Doesn't it always?

    robosagogo on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Not that shield to the back of the head is any genius strategy either.

    robosagogo on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fight C:

    Thor: 42
    Hulk: 37
    Martian Manhunter: 29
    Namor: -12


    Fight D:

    Wonder Woman: 42
    Shade: 38
    Rogue: 5
    Captain America: 12



    Hulk is winning what

    Do you people not read the debate threads


    And Rogue is losing to Cap bfghaagaga

    Scooter on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Update thy sig, scooter

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    I'd have preferred Namor over The Hulk. Namor is stronger than people are giving him credit for being. I mean, most of his fights have occurred outside of water. It's really not a huge liability for him.

    And he's gone toe to toe with Hulk at his strongest and performed as well as Thor ever did.

    robosagogo on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm waiting til the match is over


    I don't want to be down to Sue :(

    Scooter on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    It's WW and Shade by a landslide, scoots.


    JUST SUE JUST SUE JUST SUE

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    I'd have preferred Namor over The Hulk. Namor is stronger than people are giving him credit for being. I mean, most of his fights have occurred outside of water. It's really not a huge liability for him.

    And he's gone toe to toe with Hulk at his strongest and performed as well as Thor ever did.

    This would have been something to campaign for the last three times that Namor has fought.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    I'd have preferred Namor over The Hulk. Namor is stronger than people are giving him credit for being. I mean, most of his fights have occurred outside of water. It's really not a huge liability for him.

    And he's gone toe to toe with Hulk at his strongest and performed as well as Thor ever did.

    This would have been something to campaign for the last three times that Namor has fought.
    Well, I don't really care about this fight.

    And I doubt I could have swayed the vote that much anyway.

    robosagogo on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Man, I listen to what people say about the guys in the fight. The only real thing that matters is how plausible your theory is. I mean, where's the fun unless anyone can win?

    This time I just said screw it, and went with a plausible theory. However unlikely it may be, it's still plausible.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    ...If something's incredibly unlikely it is no longer plausible.

    Possible, maybe, but not plausible.

    And this from a writer...

    for shame

    Spectre-x on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Possible, likely, and plausible are three different things.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    My plausible scenario is that Hulk eats Jonn.

    robosagogo on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    But guys, is it

    leopard-paws.gifible?

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    My plausible scenario is that Hulk eats Jonn.

    Which is retarded, because he wouldn't be able to hold on to him.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    My plausible scenario is that Hulk eats Jonn.

    Which is retarded, because he wouldn't be able to hold on to him.
    Hulks gamma radiated body is able to grab MM in his intangible state for a tasty green snack.

    ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    My plausible scenario is that Hulk eats Jonn.

    Which is retarded, because he wouldn't be able to hold on to him.

    Jonn mistakes Hulk for his inbred cousin Bulky and tries to embrace him and hand him a box of chocos.

    robosagogo on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Though really, I think Jonn and Hulk could be good friends. I'd have had them team up in this fight if we were still doing that, since Hulk probably hates Thor and Namor.

    robosagogo on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Though really, I think Jonn and Hulk could be good friends. I'd have had them team up in this fight if we were still doing that, since Hulk probably hates Thor and Namor.

    Wasn't Namor the only one who was against sending Hulk into space?

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    Though really, I think Jonn and Hulk could be good friends. I'd have had them team up in this fight if we were still doing that, since Hulk probably hates Thor and Namor.

    Wasn't Namor the only one who was against sending Hulk into space?

    Yup. Said everyone was gonna rue the day he came back.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    Yup. Said everyone was gonna rue the day he came back.

    God I loved that. "Banner will return from whence you send him and he will kill you all! And he'll be right!"

    Namor makes me tingle in my boy parts.

    Munch on
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    God dammit Hulk cannot punch phased things.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    ZeroCow wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    My plausible scenario is that Hulk eats Jonn.

    Which is retarded, because he wouldn't be able to hold on to him.
    Hulks gamma radiated body is able to grab MM in his intangible state for a tasty green snack.

    That is a total god damned fucking lie

    because

    you see

    Hulk

    so it just happens

    can

    categorically, I might add

    not

    hold intangible things.



    So now I ask you the question, good people who insist on saying dumb things:

    WHY DO YOU INSIST ON DOING THESE TERRIBLE THINGS TO MY BRAIN

    DOES IT AMUSE YOU TO SEE ME SUFFER SO

    DOES IT?

    I HOPE IT DOES

    Spectre-x on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hulk strongest there is.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User
    edited November 2006
    God dammit Hulk cannot punch phased things.
    Man, are you insinuating that there are things the Hulk CANNOT punch?

    Conditional_Axe on
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    God dammit Hulk cannot punch phased things.
    Man, are you insinuating that there are things the Hulk CANNOT punch?
    No, I'm not. I'm flat out saying. He cannot punch phased things, he cannot punch things that can fly out of his reach (all three competitors in this round fit here), he can't punch things that he doesn't know are there (well I guess he could but it would be a bit hard and more just random flailing than punching). There are quite a few things he cannot punch. Sure he may be strong and resilient, but those abilities only go so far.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    ZeroCow wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    My plausible scenario is that Hulk eats Jonn.

    Which is retarded, because he wouldn't be able to hold on to him.
    Hulks gamma radiated body is able to grab MM in his intangible state for a tasty green snack.

    That is a total god damned fucking lie

    because

    you see

    Hulk

    so it just happens

    can

    categorically, I might add

    not

    hold intangible things.
    No, I'm pretty sure I saw him do it once.

    ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Then that's retarded because it's probably the only time he's ever done that, if he did it at all. And thus it should be ignored.

    Spectre-x on
This discussion has been closed.