As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TOURNAMENT CENTRAL: RULES AND MORE!

15860626364

Posts

  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Kshah777 wrote:
    Hey, if Hulk is fucking strongest there is, maybe we should just stop the fucking tournament right now.

    Didn't the Illuminati trick Hulk into a tiny spaceship and blow him off into space? Oh, that's right, they did. Can't THOR beat Hulk in terms of brute strength? Oh, yes, he can. But obviously silly J'onn will just prance around in tights and lose.

    Make no mistake, I love the Hulk. He's great. He's the HULK! But the bias for him is clearly showing here. Yes, he's strong and totally kickass awesome. but so is Martian Manhunter. Calling his powers retarded is... well, retarded. What's Hulk's power? Oh, he gets big and mad and green and invulnerable and smashes shit. Whoo.

    Just so you know, Thor is not as strong as hulk.

    Thor is not strongest there is.

    Thor did not crack onslaught's armor in half by hitting him hard enough to create an explosion the size of a nuke or something.

    Mai-Kero on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Okay... so, I broke my own vow and voted. Because if there is one thing I hate more then Martian Manhunter, it's intellectual dishonesty...

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I have to admit that I generally just vote for whoever's had the most badass moments, not always who's the strongest.

    But it's very hard to beat Hulk's strongest there is moment, although Spectre-x is telling me now about some of the stuff J'onn did in Morrison's JLA.

    Mai-Kero on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I think everyone is tired of the overpowered characters and their fanboy support group constantly screaming how "you can't beat him/her because (some ridiculous power here) beats anything!"

    In my mind the Supermans and Uncle Sam's and Bigby's with vorpal sword shouldn't have been in the tourny to start with. But since they are lets not jump down one another's throat simply because we find ways not to vote for them.

    Caveman Paws on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited November 2006
    I think everyone is tired of the overpowered characters and their fanboy support group constantly screaming how "you can't beat him/her because (some ridiculous power here) beats anything!"

    In my mind the Supermans and Uncle Sam's and Bigby's with vorpal sword shouldn't have been in the tourny to start with. But since they are lets not jump down one another's throat simply because we find ways not to vote for them.

    Uncle Sam? Didn't matter anyways, as hardly anyone voted for him. He should have at least made it to the third round. But hey..whats done is done.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    I have to admit that I generally just vote for whoever's had the most badass moments, not always who's the strongest.

    But it's very hard to beat Hulk's strongest there is moment, although Spectre-x is telling me now about some of the stuff J'onn did in Morrison's JLA.

    you also seem to think that thunder is what starts fires goddammit.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    I have to admit that I generally just vote for whoever's had the most badass moments, not always who's the strongest.

    But it's very hard to beat Hulk's strongest there is moment, although Spectre-x is telling me now about some of the stuff J'onn did in Morrison's JLA.

    you also seem to think that thunder is what starts fires goddammit.

    typo

    Mai-Kero on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    I have to admit that I generally just vote for whoever's had the most badass moments, not always who's the strongest.

    But it's very hard to beat Hulk's strongest there is moment, although Spectre-x is telling me now about some of the stuff J'onn did in Morrison's JLA.

    That's the thing... and the reason Hulk lost for me... he is the absolute strongest... but Martian Manhunter is the absolute most versitile... and come on, you don't even need to watch a video of Hulk to understand what his essential tactics are going to be. He's a touch transparent.

    I really do understand the need to find ways for your heroes to win, especially in these over-powered matches... but, I said it before... how on earth do you defeat someone who: can fly, move at close to the speed of light, turn into any substance, become insubstantial, become invisible, is a high powered psychic, and can turn into a giant, hulk eating snake?

    I mean... come on.

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I think everyone is tired of the overpowered characters and their fanboy support group constantly screaming how "you can't beat him/her because (some ridiculous power here) beats anything!"

    In my mind the Supermans and Uncle Sam's and Bigby's with vorpal sword shouldn't have been in the tourny to start with. But since they are lets not jump down one another's throat simply because we find ways not to vote for them.

    Yeah, I don't think some of these guys should have been in the tournament, but they were allowed in so now you gotta deal with the inevitable. I wasn't around at the nominations so I don't know how they slipped through.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    how on earth do you defeat someone who: can fly, move at close to the speed of light, turn into any substance, become insubstantial, become invisible, is a high powered psychic, and can turn into a giant, hulk eating snake?
    Light a match.

    deadonthestreet on
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    how on earth do you defeat someone who: can fly, move at close to the speed of light, turn into any substance, become insubstantial, become invisible, is a high powered psychic, and can turn into a giant, hulk eating snake?
    Light a match.

    Yes if only anyone in the round knew J'onn's weakness.

    Which they don't.

    Fuck.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So what's the name of that superman-like guy who J'onn beat the shit out of by going into his pores? I would like to read this story.

    Mai-Kero on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2006
    kdrudy wrote:
    Whoa whoa whoa, I can go along with J'onn being able to beat the Hulk, he's versitile enough that it would work, but you're being ridiculous if you say J'onn is tougher then the Hulk. J'onn beating Hulk involves strategy and guile, not brute force.

    The limitlessly powerful Hulk is the one completely unleashed from his human reasoning and all that jazz. It's why Gladiator Hulk was chosen - a pure Hulk would be totally and utterly unbeatable.

    I'd say that Hulk has a slight edge on J'onn with brute force in this situation. I see Hulk around a thinking Doomsday-level here (versus mindless Doomsday), so he'd be able to put a pounding on J'onn but would likely get as good as he gives. Also, it's doubtful that J'onn would fall from a couple of Hulk punches - he's taken far worse before and kept on tickin'.

    Terrorbyte on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2006
    Here's where we are now:

    C:

    Thor: 108
    Martian Manhunter: 84
    Hulk: 73
    Namor: 3

    D:

    Wonder Woman: 109
    Shade: 106
    Rogue: 21
    Captain America: 17

    DJ Eebs on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Thor: 108
    Wonder Woman: 109

    Now this would be an awesome fight.

    Terrorbyte on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2006
    I think I'd almost rather see Thor vs. Captain Marvel

    DJ Eebs on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2006
    And the gap between J'onn and Hulk narrows to 6.

    DJ Eebs on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    I think I'd almost rather see Thor vs. Captain Marvel

    Well, seeing as Thor controls thunder, mundane, magical, and mystical, I'd say Marv's screwed.

    Fencingsax on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Geebs wrote:
    I think I'd almost rather see Thor vs. Captain Marvel

    Well, seeing as Thor controls thunder, mundane, magical, and mystical, I'd say Marv's screwed.

    Yes that is retarded and completely implausible seeing as Captain Marvel's lightning is sent down by a being infinitely more powerful than Thor and will always seek out the Captain right down to the last moment unless the Captain wishes it.

    Spectre-x on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hulk's losing?

    What happened to people not wanting the last match to be a bunch of Supermen?

    Furu on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Hulk's losing?

    What happened to people not wanting the last match to be a bunch of Supermen?

    It won't be, there's one Superman, and a few other heroes.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Geebs wrote:
    I think I'd almost rather see Thor vs. Captain Marvel

    Well, seeing as Thor controls thunder, mundane, magical, and mystical, I'd say Marv's screwed.

    Yes that is retarded and completely implausible seeing as Captain Marvel's lightning is sent down by a being infinitely more powerful than Thor and will always seek out the Captain right down to the last moment unless the Captain wishes it.

    The power that controls his magic thunderbolt comes from Zeus, the Greek God with power over thunder and lightning. Tell my why its implausible for the Norse god of lightning to not be able to exploit that as a weakness.

    Marathon on
  • RoyseRoyse Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Geebs wrote:
    I think I'd almost rather see Thor vs. Captain Marvel

    Well, seeing as Thor controls thunder, mundane, magical, and mystical, I'd say Marv's screwed.

    Yes that is retarded and completely implausible seeing as Captain Marvel's lightning is sent down by a being infinitely more powerful than Thor and will always seek out the Captain right down to the last moment unless the Captain wishes it.

    The power that controls his magic thunderbolt comes from Zeus, the Greek God with power over thunder and lightning. Tell my why its implausible for the Norse god of lightning to not be able to exploit that as a weakness.

    In one of the Marvel vs DC crossovers, Thor beat Captain Marvel in that exact way. He just didn't allow Marvel to shazam or whatever the hell it is that he does.

    Royse on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Royse wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Geebs wrote:
    I think I'd almost rather see Thor vs. Captain Marvel

    Well, seeing as Thor controls thunder, mundane, magical, and mystical, I'd say Marv's screwed.

    Yes that is retarded and completely implausible seeing as Captain Marvel's lightning is sent down by a being infinitely more powerful than Thor and will always seek out the Captain right down to the last moment unless the Captain wishes it.

    The power that controls his magic thunderbolt comes from Zeus, the Greek God with power over thunder and lightning. Tell my why its implausible for the Norse god of lightning to not be able to exploit that as a weakness.

    In one of the Marvel vs DC crossovers, Thor beat Captain Marvel in that exact way. He just didn't allow Marvel to shazam or whatever the hell it is that he does.
    Yeah, but that was in the Marvel vs. DC thing and since those fights were voted on by fans we have not been using it as reference.

    So the outcome from that fight does not really count. But the same strategy could be used.

    Marathon on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    So what's the name of that superman-like guy who J'onn beat the shit out of by going into his pores? I would like to read this story.

    Ultraman, in Morrison's Earth-Two storyline. It involved the CSA.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Geebs wrote:
    I think I'd almost rather see Thor vs. Captain Marvel

    Well, seeing as Thor controls thunder, mundane, magical, and mystical, I'd say Marv's screwed.

    Yes that is retarded and completely implausible seeing as Captain Marvel's lightning is sent down by a being infinitely more powerful than Thor and will always seek out the Captain right down to the last moment unless the Captain wishes it.

    Zeus is infinitely more powerful than Thor


    What do you have against the Norse

    Scooter on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Geebs wrote:
    I think I'd almost rather see Thor vs. Captain Marvel

    Well, seeing as Thor controls thunder, mundane, magical, and mystical, I'd say Marv's screwed.

    Yes that is retarded and completely implausible seeing as Captain Marvel's lightning is sent down by a being infinitely more powerful than Thor and will always seek out the Captain right down to the last moment unless the Captain wishes it.

    Zeus is infinitely more powerful than Thor


    What do you have against the Norse

    Yes, but obviously this infinitely more powerful being doesn't use all his power, or he'd incinerate Marv.

    Fencingsax on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Zus is the Greek Odin.

    Odin beats Thor. Always. Odin is more powerful than Thor. And so is Zeus. By a very large margin.

    And the DC gods are generally more powerful and god-like than the Marvel gods.

    And it doesn't matter anyway because Marvel now has compelte control over his own lightning anyway.

    So no, Thor can't mess with it.

    Spectre-x on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Zus is the Greek Odin.

    Odin beats Thor. Always. Odin is more powerful than Thor. And so is Zeus. By a very large margin.

    And the DC gods are generally more powerful and god-like than the Marvel gods.

    And it doesn't matter anyway because Marvel now has compelte control over his own lightning anyway.

    So no, Thor can't mess with it.

    Thor is now just as powerful as Odin according to Wikkepedia.

    Gods are gods regardless of the Marvel or DC universe.

    He can control his lightning all he wants, Thor is the god of lightning, he can do whatever he wants with it.

    Thor is the trump card for Marvel.

    Marathon on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    This is specifically not the Odinforce version of Thor, who could probably vaporize the entire arena if he wanted.


    But Spectre's being fanboyish again, so I'm not going to pay a whole lot of attention to that.

    Scooter on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    This is specifically not the Odinforce version of Thor, who could probably vaporize the entire arena if he wanted.


    But Spectre's being fanboyish again, so I'm not going to pay a whole lot of attention to that.

    Ahh ok, I did'nt think this Thor had the odinforce. His power over lightning still stands.

    Marathon on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Zus is the Greek Odin.

    Odin beats Thor. Always. Odin is more powerful than Thor. And so is Zeus. By a very large margin.

    And the DC gods are generally more powerful and god-like than the Marvel gods.

    And it doesn't matter anyway because Marvel now has compelte control over his own lightning anyway.

    So no, Thor can't mess with it.

    Thor is now just as powerful as Odin according to Wikkepedia.

    Gods are gods regardless of the Marvel or DC universe.

    He can control his lightning all he wants, Thor is the god of lightning, he can do whatever he wants with it.

    Thor is the trump card for Marvel.

    That is like saying that the Silver Surfer can control Galactus's energy blasts because hey the Silver Surfer wields the Power Cosmic, too.

    I am not being fanboyish. The notion of Thor controlling Marvel's transformative lightning is dumb. He doesn't know what it does, it's controlled by an entity far more powerful than him, PLUS Marvel himself, and it's not so much lightning as it is just about pure magic.

    Spectre-x on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Zus is the Greek Odin.

    Odin beats Thor. Always. Odin is more powerful than Thor. And so is Zeus. By a very large margin.

    And the DC gods are generally more powerful and god-like than the Marvel gods.

    And it doesn't matter anyway because Marvel now has compelte control over his own lightning anyway.

    So no, Thor can't mess with it.

    Thor is now just as powerful as Odin according to Wikkepedia.

    Gods are gods regardless of the Marvel or DC universe.

    He can control his lightning all he wants, Thor is the god of lightning, he can do whatever he wants with it.

    Thor is the trump card for Marvel.

    That is like saying that the Silver Surfer can control Galactus's energy blasts because hey the Silver Surfer wields the Power Cosmic, too.

    I am not being fanboyish. The notion of Thor controlling Marvel's transformative lightning is dumb. He doesn't know what it does, it's controlled by an entity far more powerful than him, PLUS Marvel himself, and it's not so much lightning as it is just about pure magic.

    No its not, Thor is the god of lightning he has total control over it and can manipulate it how he wants.

    The transformation that brings out Marvel is powered by magic lightning. Which im willing to say that Thor would know about...being a god and all.

    The Silver Surfer comparison is way off bat. Marvel is no where near that beyond Thor in terms of power and neither is the source of that power. Enough of this exaggerating your pick so he wins bullshit.

    Marathon on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Zus is the Greek Odin.

    Odin beats Thor. Always. Odin is more powerful than Thor. And so is Zeus. By a very large margin.

    And the DC gods are generally more powerful and god-like than the Marvel gods.

    And it doesn't matter anyway because Marvel now has compelte control over his own lightning anyway.

    So no, Thor can't mess with it.

    Thor is now just as powerful as Odin according to Wikkepedia.

    Gods are gods regardless of the Marvel or DC universe.

    He can control his lightning all he wants, Thor is the god of lightning, he can do whatever he wants with it.

    Thor is the trump card for Marvel.

    That is like saying that the Silver Surfer can control Galactus's energy blasts because hey the Silver Surfer wields the Power Cosmic, too.

    I am not being fanboyish. The notion of Thor controlling Marvel's transformative lightning is dumb. He doesn't know what it does, it's controlled by an entity far more powerful than him, PLUS Marvel himself, and it's not so much lightning as it is just about pure magic.

    No its not, Thor is the god of lightning he has total control over it and can manipulate it how he wants.

    The transformation that brings out Marvel is powered by magic lightning. Which im willing to say that Thor would know about...being a god and all.

    The Silver Surfer comparison is way off bat. Marvel is no where near that beyond Thor in terms of power and neither is the source of that power. Enough of this exaggerating your pick so he wins bullshit.

    Not Captain Marvel. ZEUS. ZEUS is that far beyond Thor.

    And Thor wouldn't have the chance to control Marvel's lightning. He says Shazam, then there's a flash of pure magic at the speed of light. And Thor doesn't posess superhuman speed.

    And Marvel has complete control over his own lightning. Considering where his powers come from, I would say that his control over his own specific lightning supercedes Thor's ability to control it.

    And the Silver Surfer comparison stands.

    Spectre-x on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    I don't think the lightning is controlled by Zeus, but rather Shazam. Zeus supposedly fuels the thunderbolt, though.

    robosagogo on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    I don't think the lightning is controlled by Zeus, but rather Shazam. Zeus supposedly fuels the thunderbolt, though.

    Makes no difference, then, because Shazam is far, far, FAR more powerful than Thor, too. He almost managed to kill the Spectre.

    The Spectre, who can juggle planets and rearrange solar systems and who tears beings like Thor apart limb from limb.

    So yeah, Thor can't control Captain Marvel's lightning.

    Spectre-x on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Zus is the Greek Odin.

    Odin beats Thor. Always. Odin is more powerful than Thor. And so is Zeus. By a very large margin.

    And the DC gods are generally more powerful and god-like than the Marvel gods.

    And it doesn't matter anyway because Marvel now has compelte control over his own lightning anyway.

    So no, Thor can't mess with it.

    Thor is now just as powerful as Odin according to Wikkepedia.

    Gods are gods regardless of the Marvel or DC universe.

    He can control his lightning all he wants, Thor is the god of lightning, he can do whatever he wants with it.

    Thor is the trump card for Marvel.

    That is like saying that the Silver Surfer can control Galactus's energy blasts because hey the Silver Surfer wields the Power Cosmic, too.

    I am not being fanboyish. The notion of Thor controlling Marvel's transformative lightning is dumb. He doesn't know what it does, it's controlled by an entity far more powerful than him, PLUS Marvel himself, and it's not so much lightning as it is just about pure magic.

    No its not, Thor is the god of lightning he has total control over it and can manipulate it how he wants.

    The transformation that brings out Marvel is powered by magic lightning. Which im willing to say that Thor would know about...being a god and all.

    The Silver Surfer comparison is way off bat. Marvel is no where near that beyond Thor in terms of power and neither is the source of that power. Enough of this exaggerating your pick so he wins bullshit.

    Not Captain Marvel. ZEUS. ZEUS is that far beyond Thor.

    And Thor wouldn't have the chance to control Marvel's lightning. He says Shazam, then there's a flash of pure magic at the speed of light. And Thor doesn't posess superhuman speed.

    And Marvel has complete control over his own lightning. Considering where his powers come from, I would say that his control over his own specific lightning supercedes Thor's ability to control it.

    And the Silver Surfer comparison stands.

    Hmm... I always thought Captain Marvel was powered by feelings of inadequacy and juvenile hormonal urges... I guess that would explain the lightning though...

    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

    Not Captain Marvel. ZEUS. ZEUS is that far beyond Thor.

    And Thor wouldn't have the chance to control Marvel's lightning. He says Shazam, then there's a flash of pure magic at the speed of light. And Thor doesn't posess superhuman speed.

    And Marvel has complete control over his own lightning. Considering where his powers come from, I would say that his control over his own specific lightning supercedes Thor's ability to control it.

    And the Silver Surfer comparison stands.

    Zeus is above Thor in terms of total power because he is the king of the Greek gods. So in terms of toal power his is above him, however, they both control lightning. On that level they are the same.

    Wikkipedia says that Marvel transforms with a bolt of magic lightning. Im going to go with what they say over you as you tend to exaggerate your chosen pick for a fight.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Zeus' power, fueling the magic thunderbolt that transforms Captain Marvel

    I agree that Marvel can have control over his lightning. But that power is overridden when in a fight with the god of lightning.

    So as I stated before, the Silver Surfer comparison is bogus.

    Marathon on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Yea, Zeus isn't sitting around on some cloud just waiting for people to shout 'SHAZAM!' so he can zap them.


    And while Zeus might be a more powerful god in other areas, I would say that in the realm of lightning he's no more powerful than Thor. God of lightning is god of lightning.


    Spectre, a couple of your posts on this page are the sort where you ought to consider, then maybe not hit 'Submit' on. You're now basically just saying we should scrap the rest of the fight and crown Marvel winner.

    Scooter on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    I don't think the lightning is controlled by Zeus, but rather Shazam. Zeus supposedly fuels the thunderbolt, though.

    Makes no difference, then, because Shazam is far, far, FAR more powerful than Thor, too. He almost managed to kill the Spectre.

    The Spectre, who can juggle planets and rearrange solar systems and who tears beings like Thor apart limb from limb.

    So yeah, Thor can't control Captain Marvel's lightning.

    That would matter if Thor was fighting Shazzam. He is fighting Marvel, who gets his power from Shazzam. That is like saying that the Silver Surfer is just as powerful as Galactus because that is where he got his powers.

    Marathon on
This discussion has been closed.