As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TOURNAMENT CENTRAL: RULES AND MORE!

15859606264

Posts

  • RoyseRoyse Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Royse wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    thor is a god

    captain marvel is 6 gods

    One of which is Achilles...so...Mjolnir to the heel?

    (I don't think Achilles was a god.)

    it's explained in Trials of Shazam that there are many beings that share the names of the power of SHAZAM, but the ones Captain Marvel gets his from are all gods

    i didn't make any sense right there at all

    No, I got ya. I think.

    Theres another guy in the DC universe named Achilles, who is a god, and the warrior with the bad heel I was thinking of got his powers from that god? Or something...doesn't matter to the fight, just curious. I know next to nothing about DC.

    Also: Yay! Hulk wins!

    Royse on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Bogart wrote:
    4- Martian Manhunter: Will get jumped on by the two Avengers and Hulk first thing. Dogpile on the martian.

    i wish he could go intangible

    i wish that was one of his powers

    Garlic Bread on
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ok Scooter, but Hulk does not beat J'onn that's just dumb.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    I think the SPECTRE is FREAKING the FUCK OUT and needs to take A break.


    You gotta remember, there are no hard facts in comics. Over the decades you've got thousands of writers and thousands of stories, they have contradicted in the past and they will contradict again in the future. You cannot state that "such and such is the way it will go. Period." with no debate, especially if the event has never actually happened in comics. And in this case, apparently the one time it has happened in comics, Thor did control Marvel's lightning, even if it was an out-of-canon story.


    You can't just start calling posters retarded and state your opinion as fact. It is your opinion that Thor could not affect Marvel's lightning. It is my opinion that at least the possibilty does exist.

    But there is no reason why Thor should be able to affect Marvel's lightning beyond the "hes a god lolz!" argument you bring up constantly. Which isn't valid, because Thor's power of lightning has never been shown to be absolute in the comics, and his power as a god is also limited, and far below that of Zeus.

    And I am freaking out because you people keep putting words in my mouth and ignoring valid arguments.

    And Hulk won.

    Good going.

    That is completely retarded. I hope you realize that. Because.

    You know.

    Hulk could never beat the Martian Manhunter.

    And J'onn has been ON FIRE.

    He was ON FIRE.

    And he HIT

    the FLASH

    with a TREE

    whilst

    ON FIRE

    THE FLASH

    TREE

    GOD





    I'm done now. I'm okay. It's just that it's retarded and you just don't know it.

    Spectre-x on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    I'm done now. I'm okay. It's just that it's retarded and you just don't know it.

    It's not retarded just because people disagree with you. You claim that people are totally ignoring valid arguements when you do the exact same thing yourself. Why should anyone listen to what you come up with when you simply dismiss the ideas of anyone that comes up with something in opposition to what you say?

    These fights are about opinion. You are not always right.

    Marathon on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I was talking about Hulk beating J'onn. It's retarded. Not because people disagree with me, but because the reasons why Hulk should win MAKE NO GOD DAMNED SENSE.

    I do not ignore valid arguments. I ignore dumb arguments.


    I'm sorry for being so zealous, though. I know that it's not very fun, but I just get very worked up about these things because things are just so obvious in my eyes.

    A large factor in my anger is the fact that none of you seem to know anything about the guys you vote against most of the time.

    Spectre-x on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2006
    You're all retards.

    This isn't even about the vote, which I could really care less about, because it doesn't mean shit.

    DJ Eebs on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    I was talking about Hulk beating J'onn. It's retarded. Not because people disagree with me, but because the reasons why Hulk should win MAKE NO GOD DAMNED SENSE.

    I do not ignore valid arguments. I ignore dumb arguments.


    I'm sorry for being so zealous, though. I know that it's not very fun, but I just get very worked up about these things because things are just so obvious in my eyes.

    A large factor in my anger is the fact that none of you seem to know anything about the guys you vote against most of the time.

    Now here's the thing: it's not just Hulk vs. J'onn. Thor and Namor are there too. And you acknowledged the possibility that Thor could beat J'onn earlier in the match. It's possible that Thor beat J'onn before J'onn could beat Hulk.

    DJ Eebs on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Geebs has discovered our secret!

    And it's possible that Thor could beat J'onn. But J'onn and Thor are still the most powerful guys there, and all three Marvel guys hate each other or at least strongly share an extremely strong dislike for each other, so they probably wouldn't team up.

    But J'onn being beaten by Thor before Hulk's defeat, while possible, isn't very plausible, because J'onn is so god damned powerful.

    Spectre-x on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    I do not ignore valid arguments. I ignore dumb arguments.

    I'm sorry for being so zealous, though. I know that it's not very fun, but I just get very worked up about these things because things are just so obvious in my eyes.

    A large factor in my anger is the fact that none of you seem to know anything about the guys you vote against most of the time.

    Everything I bolded up there is a matter that is completely left up to your opinion. You personally decide if someones arguement is dumb, the outcome of the fight is easy to see, in your eyes and once again people vote in a way other than what you think and then all of a sudden it is a fact that they have no idea what they are doing.

    All of those things are your opinions, none of them are facts to anyone beyond yourself.

    Marathon on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Guys, let's keep the assholery to a minimum, pretty please.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    My sig is now almost devoid of color.


    I hope you're all happy.




    :cry:

    Scooter on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    My sig is now almost devoid of color.


    I hope you're all happy.




    :cry:

    I am.

    You see, because secretly I am just trying to get your sig to be completely grey.

    All of this

    I do to bug youuuuuu

    Spectre-x on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spider-Man lost and I stopped caring! Awesome!

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Shadowcat advances and J'onn doesn't.

    What the hell.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Well, the power levels in match B and C were, like, not even close.

    Scooter on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    But seriously, guys, I do apologize for being a bit of a dick.

    You guys are dicks too, though.

    Spectre-x on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    But seriously, guys, I do apologize for being a bit of a dick.

    You guys are dicks too, though.
    We know.

    Hugs.

    deadonthestreet on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    huSTABDIEYOUTROGLODYTICIMBECILESDIEDIEgs

    Spectre-x on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Shadowcat advances and J'onn doesn't.

    What the hell.

    FIRE BAD

    DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Shadowcat advances and J'onn doesn't.

    What the hell.

    FIRE BAD

    DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

    J'onn has managed to hit the Flash with a tree whilst completely engulfed in flame.

    u r dum

    Spectre-x on
  • JordynJordyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Yeah because Shadowcat doesn't have any weaknesses at all.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Shadowcat advances and J'onn doesn't.

    What the hell.

    FIRE BAD

    DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

    J'onn has managed to hit the Flash with a tree whilst completely engulfed in flame.

    u r dum

    I was making fun of people who treat fire like kryptonite because they know it's the only way J'onn would ever possibly lose to like 90 percent of these guys and I was just talking to Jordyn about this so why don't you shut up you dumb jerk.

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    My sarcasm detector is on the fritz.

    Spectre-x on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    and Green Scar Hulk isn't even that strong. what's wrong with you people.

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    My sarcasm detector is on the fritz.

    aabf18_sarcasm_detector.jpg

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    I'm done now. I'm okay. It's just that it's retarded and you just don't know it.

    It's not retarded just because people disagree with you.

    No, it's retarded because people aren't playing this game the right way. When you need to explain your vote in the fight thread, "DURR I DON'T LIKE HIM HE LOSES" is not a valid explanation. That vote SHOULD NOT be counted because it doesn't even meat the very basic idea of what this tournament is about. It's not a popularity contest. It's dudes talkin' about their favorite comic book characters and coming up with fun and creative and obvious and whatever little fights. It's people like you who ruin it for the rest of us.

    I agree with Spectre. We're not pissed that J'onn lost as much as we are why - just look at some of the absolutely fucking retarded explanations posted in the fight thread. Anyway, I've called you out on this shit before, Marathon. You're one of the worst offenders of this entire tournament. I mean, you can't even bother to come up with your own explanations in the fight threads - you actually quote the morons we're up in arms about and use that as your vote. Hell, that makes you worse than them.

    Rant over. At least Wonder Woman and Thor made it.

    Terrorbyte on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:

    I agree with Spectre. We're not pissed that J'onn lost as much as we are why - just look at some of the absolutely fucking retarded explanations posted in the fight thread. Anyway, I've called you out on this shit before, Marathon. You're one of the worst offenders of this entire tournament. I mean, you can't even bother to come up with your own explanations in the fight threads - you actually quote the morons we're up in arms about and use that as your vote. Hell, that makes you worse than them.

    Rant over. At least Wonder Woman and Thor made it.

    Head over to the vote threads and look at my breakdown for the fight with Thor, MM, and Hulk. I specifically state that Thor and Hulk team up and take down MM. Spectre has admitted that Thor alone could probably take him down. The two of them together would get it done for sure. Like I said, read my submission over, I give a perfectly acceptable reason for the way I voted. I don't care if you agree with it or not. It's there in an acceptable format or my vote would not be counted.

    Actually, to save you time ill add it here.
    Marathon wrote:
    Fight C:
    1) Thor - God of Thunder, wins due to his range of abilities.
    2) Hulk - The longer the fight goes on the stronger he becomes, loses points due to him not being able to fly. Familiar with Thor and Namor, each a possible ally.
    3) Martian Manhunter - If Supes and Marvel can team up to dominate their match I see no reason why Thor and Hulk can't do the exact same thing. Thor dominates him in the air and Hulk helps dish out the punishment on land.
    4) Namor - No water around, tough luck duder.

    Marathon on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    I thought votes without adequate justification didn't count. I mean, that's why we justify our votes, right? Not that it would've made a difference, but I wouldn't have put Hulk a notch above Jonn in my vote if I thought there was actually a chance Jonn would lose.

    robosagogo on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    They don't, but there's really no telling what SoB's standards are. It's not like he comes in here and goes "POSTERS A, B, AND C, YOU ARE RETARDED AND DON'T EVEN KNOW IT".

    Scooter on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    They don't, but there's really no telling what SoB's standards are. It's not like he comes in here and goes "POSTERS A, B, AND C, YOU ARE RETARDED AND DON'T EVEN KNOW IT".
    You could always compare his final count to a final count with every vote counted and a final count with retarded votes discounted.

    robosagogo on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Gladiator Hulk hates Thor and Namor.

    They wouldn't team up.

    And Thor doesn't dominate J'onn in the air. It's impossible to "dominate" J'onn anywhere seeing as he's so god damned powerful.

    Spectre-x on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    EXTRY EXTRY READ ALL ABOUT IT!

    MARTIAN MANHUNTER SENDS PSYCHIC MESSAGE TO ALL WHO VOTED AGAINST HIM!

    MartianManhuntersaysyouaredumb.jpg

    Spectre-x on
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2006
    So I've never read a MM comic, but how does it work? Does he just go around being the best for 22 pages every issue? Does he ever lose?

    hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    I voted just so I could vote for J'onn

    Garlic Bread on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    EXTRY EXTRY READ ALL ABOUT IT!

    MARTIAN MANHUNTER SENDS PSYCHIC MESSAGE TO ALL WHO VOTED AGAINST HIM!

    MartianManhuntersaysyouaredumb.jpg

    God dammit, is it so hard for you people to not be douchebaggy assholes over this? Move on and get over it, god damn.

    kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    EXTRY EXTRY READ ALL ABOUT IT!

    MARTIAN MANHUNTER SENDS PSYCHIC MESSAGE TO ALL WHO VOTED AGAINST HIM!

    MartianManhuntersaysyouaredumb.jpg

    You are so sad, kdrudy. Your sarcasm detector must also be broken.

    Spectre-x on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Gladiator Hulk hates Thor and Namor.

    They wouldn't team up.

    And Thor doesn't dominate J'onn in the air. It's impossible to "dominate" J'onn anywhere seeing as he's so god damned powerful.

    Why does hulk hate thor?

    Mai-Kero on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Because he's a superhero from earth, and Gladiator Hulk hates pretty much all of them right about now.

    Spectre-x on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

    You are so sad, kdrudy. Your sarcasm detector must also be broken.

    Well I apologize if the one I quoted wasn't a post where you try to be a dick to everyone, but my general statment still stands.

    kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
This discussion has been closed.