As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAACBT:R2, New List in OP

1242526272830»

• Options
    The_Indigo_ApocalypseThe_Indigo_Apocalypse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This is kind of dissapointing news, but considering how it went last time I suppose it's not completely unreasonable.

I think this should still be a lot of fun, so chin up guys!

So how exactly are we starting this up? I would just pick some one and go at it, but I would think that would turn into more chaos than anything. e.g. 5 people could end up picking the same person to battle against, which obviously wouldn't work out.

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    bombardier wrote:
    Man, just pick a fight and go with it.

Thats how these should work. Structure just ends up in disappointment.

But it didn't last time. Sure, a lot of people dropped out, but we got to the end. It worked.

I don't understand this "don't even try because you're going to be disappointed" mentality.
    Yeah I don't get the idea that last time was some kind of disaster (although that may be because I participated the whole way through). It got through to a finish and was a lot of fun. If anything any problems that came up last time around would be easier to avoid this time because we already have an idea of what's going to happen.

And besides, I don't think having all of this in one thread will even work. 45 people (even if you have no shows there's still a whole lot) battling all at once in a single thread? How will anyone be able to keep track of whats going on?

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    -SPI- wrote:
    Yeah I don't get the idea that last time was some kind of disaster (although that may be because I participated the whole way through). It got through to a finish and was a lot of fun. If anything any problems that came up last time around would be easier to avoid this time because we already have an idea of what's going to happen.

And besides, I don't think having all of this in one thread will even work. 45 people (even if you have no shows there's still a whole lot) battling all at once in a single thread? How will anyone be able to keep track of whats going on?

Well, I for one know that I won't be driven to participate if it's in a disorganized thread without any specific timetables.

I have a subdomain registered on my webspace. I'll work on getting a forum up there after class tomorrow.

It would be best to do it on the PA forums, but I'd rather not compromise just to keep it here. Any objections?

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have a subdomain registered on my webspace. I'll work on getting a forum up there after class tomorrow.

It would be best to do it on the PA forums, but I'd rather not compromise just to keep it here. Any objections?

I'd hit it.

Mayday on
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Maybe we can do like the graphic violence battles?

One thread for the current battle, another to keep track of the results?

JCM on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    Ok, new battle thread is being openned now.

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.