Options

Meta all up inz: Posting styles

13»

• Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    L|ama wrote: »
    Be grateful that we aren't one of those forums where people will do an inline point by point rebuttal, that kind of thing is horrific.

Oh I've seen it here. I've seen it.

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Be grateful that we aren't one of those forums where people will do an inline point by point rebuttal, that kind of thing is horrific.

Also on these forums. I hardly ever read those posts, unless it's to divide up a long post dealing with various subjects all at once.

Aldo on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Æthelred wrote: »

Also on these forums. I hardly ever read those posts, unless it's to divide up a long post dealing with various subjects all at once.

Hah, and now everyone will think that L|ama wrote that line, when it was actually me. I'm not talking about splitting it up into multiple quotes, which I have seen and don't mind that much, I'm talking about actually writing the reply directly into the quote.

I've had the fortune of never seeing that particular abomination used here, except perhaps by people who immediately followed it by typing out their name. I assume those people either end up not sticking around or quickly figure out that we don't do that kind of thing here.

jothki on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I definitely post on boards far less than I used to. Back when I started posting on stuff like usenet, I was less inclined to hold things back because it the idea of talking to people online was pretty goddamn cool. I'd make it my crusade to improve people's spelling and grammar. Yes, I was one of those people. Every now and then, I can find some of the things I posted on mailinglists and I cringe.

I'm far more muted these days. Like other people on here, there are many times when I'll type something out, think about it for a minute or two, and just move on to the next thread without posting something. I'm actually intimidated by the general level of intelligence by the forumers on here, and I usually feel like what I'm typing has been expressed better by someone else in a thread. And I definitely thought of deleting this post before pressing "Post Quick Reply" but as you can see, it didn't happen.

SteevL on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    my posting influences are primarily bergy, boddah, jerkcity and achewood

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png