As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wallets?

2»

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My ex bought me an Armani bi-fold wallet about 2.5 years ago for christmas. I have to say, the thing is indestructable. It still looks almost brand new except for the lettering on the elastic strap has worn off. Even the elastic strap is still in good shape. So what I'm getting at is that Georgio Armani makes hearty durable wallets. I'd show you the model but I couldn't seem to find mine online.

Edit: Oh also, Ducti makes some pretty damn fine wallets too. The things last forever so my friends say.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Scrivener wrote: »
    I've had one of these for a few years now. It really makes you think twice about what you keep in your wallet. It also looks as new as when I first purchased it (I got the special edition with the red lining).

Slimmy!

How well does it hold your money and such? I'm intrigued, but worried things would be falling out.

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i too am intrigued by the slimmy. i like the view slimmy since i hate having to pull my id out when asked. my wallet is already pretty slim but it could always cut down in thickness

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    so decided to try out the view slimmy, i hope it isn't just a window and is actually a pocket. will let you guys know how it works out

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yes, please let us know how you find it! :D I keep going back and forth on whether to buy it or not.

Kris on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have one of these, and I absolutely love it. Let's me carry 6 cards (2 are doubled up), cash, and if I need to have something else like a few business cards they can be held inside opposite the cash.

31DVJ6B0Y0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Only mine's black leather, and it's from Dockers. It's a 'magic wallet.' Though I don't understand what's so magical about a Jacob's Ladder.

moniker on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    102137762gx1.jpg

Fuck. That thing is huge.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Proto wrote: »
    db clay makes some nice wallets
    http://ww2.dbclay.com/

the colour on the corners of mine are wearing away already though (2 months).

I think I may buy one of these.

Original Dammasch is great.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ok, thought i would raise this thread from the dead.

I mentioned buying a view slimmy a whiles back. I took the plunge and bought it off their website. I would think about going through amazon since it took forever for the order to get processed and shipped. BUt at least i got a free pen out of it. woo free pen.

So i got this one

M17546W-2T.jpg
    The view slimmy
    first impressions:
    This thing is tiny. My old wallet was thin, but this thing is super thin. Seemed a little chinsy in terms of materials, its full grain cowhide, and i came from a leather one. That being said, I have had it one week or so now and it is holding up well, can't see any deep marks/scratches in it

The viewslimmy has a clear window that you can shove your ID in. I personally hate having to pull my id out if i get carded so this was a must. It is actually a small separate pocket rather than a window to the pocket which i was dreading. I currently have my license, my student ID, and the key card to my building in this pocket. My only complaint with this is that with the 3 things in there it doesn't quite go as far in i would like and parts of it get cut off.

Not counting my License, id, and key card i have 6 or so cards in there with a couple thin things in there, plus whatever cash i happen to have around.

It has 3 pockets. for the sake of this review. pocket 1 is the closest to the id slot, 2 is the middle, 3 is the opposite of the ID slot.

according to the website/instructions they give to you:
    Pocket 1: second tightest pocket is for your cash
    pocket 2 , the tightest, is for your cards/ids
    pocket 3, the loosest is for any papers/cards etc.

To start of with i tried this out, but ended up splitting my credit/bank cards between pocket 2 and 3 with some cards in between them to keep them from touching. pocket 1 had my cash. ids in the view part.

this worked pretty good. the cards have never once popped out and other than the aforementioned non-issue with the id window, it was great. However, i didn't like the way it handled the cash. being in the tight pocket meant i really had to take care when putting it in to make sure it fit neatly and it made it so i had to pull out any bills i had in there to pay for something. i didn't like that.

So i switched pockets around.

I now use pocket 3 as my cash pocket and the other two are cards. I like this much better, makes my cash easier to access and see what is actually in my wallet. i also moved my student id out of the view part and into a different pocket and it now fits better.

So how about that thinness. IN that regards, this wallet blows my old one of the water. often i panic thinking holy crap I lost/forgot my wallet. its that thin. I always kept my wallet in my front pocket so that isn't a huge change. But the slimmy is lighter and seems way smaller despite simmilar dimensions.

So would I recomend this? Yes.
    If you are used to a bill/tri fold the cash handling will seem stange and alien to you most likely. its very much like a money clip in that regards, but you get the pockets for your cards etc.

so yea, those are my impressions of the wallet

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RainbulimicRainbulimic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    printed.jpg

Totally.

Rainbulimic on
    steam_sig.png