Options

[Scion DEMIGOD] Through the gates of Hades

• Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm going to have to post some background fluff now.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So 9-ish PM MST I'm going to be online again. If the rest of you are, I know I haven't gotten preludes done but we can do some sort of test run/group prelude and see how things work out. IF not, I'll just run someone's prelude.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Continuing to update, it looks like this coming tuesday will be our official start day. For those of you who aren't in New York, it looks like New York is the place to chill atm. Hobos as opposed to werewolves, I guess. Krata, figure out a reason to be there. Oh wait, you're a drifter. Gently drift this way, plz.

Shoe, let's run your prelude this weekend, 'kay? 'Kay.

I'm so excited! =D

Rainfall on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    'Kay.

Yet another question from me...

Would surfing be covered under Athletics (since it's a sport) or Control (since you're riding something) ?

Or does it matter?

(I still don't have like a great feel for the storyteller system)

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would think Athletics, since it's mostly about body control than control over a machine. Balance and such.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The difference between Athletics and Control pretty much boils down to 'how assisted is it?'

Rowing a rowboat would be Athletics, operating a sailboat would be Control. Surfing would be Athletics, riding a Seadoo would be Control.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    A good rule of thumb: if you wouldn't say "operate", it's not Control?

I'd operate a vehicle or helicopter sure, but I'd sound silly saying I'm "operating a surfboard". :lol:

Oh, and...

Wanna see a magic trick? 8-)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    The difference between Athletics and Control pretty much boils down to 'how assisted is it?'

Rowing a rowboat would be Athletics, operating a sailboat would be Control. Surfing would be Athletics, riding a Seadoo would be Control.

thanks rainy, i think i understand now

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey guys under epic stamina it says:

"Eliminates two points of wound penalties."

How exactly does that work?

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Normally when you're wounded to a certain degree, you get minuses on all of your rolls depending on how wounded you are, called wound penalties.

Epic Stamina negates some of that, so for your example, if you would be in the -4's, you only would get -2 to all rolls.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    In-depth explanation.

In Scion, all mortals start with five health levels, each with a dice pool penalty associated to it
    -0 -Bruised
    -1 - Bleeding and bruised
    -2 - Injured, bleeding, and bruised. In bad shape.
    -4 - Crippling injuries, barely conscious
    Incapacitated - Unconcious or dead, depending on the type of damage dealt
    Scions get it a bit better even without Epic Stamina, with seven health levels. Also, they have a number of 'dying' health levels equal to their normal Stamina. These are beneath Incapacitated, and you can't do anything in them, you're in a baad spot there.
    -1 -1
    -2 -2
    Incapacitated
    With one dot of Epic Stamina, your Health Levels convert to
    -0 -0
    -1 -1
    Incap
    With two dots of Epic Stamina, your health levels become
    -0 -0
    -0 -0
    Incap
    With three dots of Epic Stamina, the last dot of Hero level, your health levels are
    -0 -0
    -0 -0
    Incap
    Once you advance to Demigod levels of Epic Stamina, you start gaining extra health levels, and never suffer wound penalties.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    so that means basically his wound boxes look like

0 0 0 0 0 -2 I

or do i have to pick which ones i eliminate, like i could eliminate the first two -1's and it would be

0 0 0 -2 -2 -4 I

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    beat'd

thanks again rainfall

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    revised ultimate character sheet director's cut 2.0

ujio3pc6.jpg

probably

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I do apologize for not being there Thursday. But I'll definitely be there Tuesday, barring, y'know, a bleeding gunshot wound or somesuch. Not that I expect one, but it wouldn't be the FIRST time a bullet got shot through my bedroom wall by "accident". Goddamn careless hunters.

As for Walker showing up, well, really. That's kinda what the compass is for, really. *Laughs* "Go that way and don't stop walking until the compass takes you right where you need to be." So yep, he'll have no difficulty whatsoever being in NYC, with his car no less.

...And I swear, if one of you breaks my car in the first session this time, I will stab you while you sleep. *L*

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    dammit, i read the combat rules more carefully and caught another error

maybe this time

rainy lemme know when works best for you to do prelude stuff this weekend.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    the blah blah continues
    Makoto-oba sara-ni makoto-ni neriage-te
    Kenyuichinyo-no shintai-o shire

Earnestly keep polishing the fundamentals,
    and seek the truth of oneness of the universe.

- Ueshiba Morihei

Mt. Ontake, Nagano Prefecture, Japan. Two months earlier.

The world was silent but for the sound of wind through the snow-covered pine trees that rimmed a small crater, which was devoid of vegetation, the snowfall covering treacherous footing of rocks and ice. Two pairs of sandaled feet paced about one another, tracing a wide circle while a black statue with gold-painted eyes watched from afar.

Somewhere in the distance an eagle cried out, and suddenly the air was filled with a flurry of sounds. Feet shuffled quickly through the snow, close to the ground, and a series of pok-pok-pok noises resounded through the silent mountain as bokken clashed with each other.

The two men, the only mortals on sacred Otake San that day, retreated from their exchange and again stood back from one another, wooden swords at the ready.

"<Very good,>" said the older of the two, a man looking to be in his eighties, "<Your instincts are correct, but you still have a great flaw.>"

"<And that is?>" asked his young student.

"<You still betray your intentions. You think about striking me before you strike.>"

The wooden blades clashed again.

"<The mind is like the moon in water,>" said the old man, repeating something his student was still not comprehending, "<The body, like an image in a mirror."

The swords clashed again, and the young man found his sword knocked from his grasp, and that of his teacher positioned at his throat.

"<There are more techniques with the sword than a man can count, Ujio. But you win with just one. That is all for today.>"

The two men bowed to each other, and shook the snow from the hems of their sturdy hakama. They folded their arms inside their thick kimonos and knelt before the statue, as they had always done during the days they had trained on Mt. Ontake.

The statue was carved of black stone. It could have been described as "smaller than life", for the figure that was pictured there was not as large as a man. It was raised on a wooden dais, with a roof over it to protect it from the elements.

The figure was a warrior, clad in armor with a sword in hand. Eight war banners protruded from the back of his curiass, and his countenance was hidden by the mask of his helmet. The eyes behind the mask, painted with gold, seemed to burn with intensity.

"<He is proud of you, Ujio,>" stated the old man, breaking the silence of their meditation.

"I'm still not buying it, Sensei."

"<He speaks English, too. He can still understand you.>"

"You've got to admit, it's a bit hard to believe. I mean, this is so far from reality--"

"<Bah! Reality? Your precious "reality" is nothing but lies and nonsense, and I'm proud to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!>"

"And that's a good thing?"

"<I'm an old man. You have already mastered the sword, Ujio. In fact, you have surpassed me, and your skill is greater than I have ever cultivated. Why then, do I still defeat you?>"

"<I don't know.>"

"<Because I believe I can, boy! The sword lies not in your grasp, but within. When you seize it, you will realize the truth of your ability.>"

"<What does that even mean?>"

"<Kobayashi Shinto Ryu was taught to me by my grandfather, and he by his grandfather, and so on back to the days of your father, Emperor Ojin, Lord of Eight Banners, he who has been the patron of your clan that once ruled Japan, and he who has chosen me to teach you the Old Ways. You must learn to recognize that you only see the world as it is because you have trained yourself to see it that way. Until you understand this, you will not grasp the advanced training I have to teach you.>"

"<Why me?>"

"<A ridiculous question. It is who you are, Ujio. You were born his son, and you will learn these things. And you will do what is required of you.>"

"<Why does he not just tell me himself?>"

"<He has. You are simply not listening.>"

Again the mountain was quiet. Ujio focused one again, stretching his awareness out. He knew that Kobayashi Sensei was correct. Somehow he knew, but he did not yet believe. He could almost feel them: the Kami that lay all around watching him closely, and silently. The trees. The rocks. The wind. But it was all so hard to fathom.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Alright, me buckos, it looks like Cynic Jester is joining us with a Pesedjet scion! Also, it looks like I'm working on tuesday for some stupid fucked up scheduling at work, so gamestart will be late, around 9 PM my time. I may be able to do a full proper session on Monday instead, but I'm not sure how your schedules would work with that.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Awesome, welcome aboard Cynic!

Plutonium on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sheet:
    Name: Ann Heckler
    Calling: Inquisitor
    Pantheon: Pesedjet
    Nature: Perfectionist
    God: Anubis

innocentvampirelv3.jpg

Combat block
    Join Battle: 6+1
    Dodge DV: 7
    Truth Seeker: Accuracy 9, Damage 4L, Parry DV 4, Speed 4
    Health: Standard, cuz i r lazy and can't be bothered to look it up.
    Willpower: 6
    Legend: 16

Attributes:
    Physical (4):
    Strength: o
    Dexterity: oooo
    Stamina: oo
    Social (6)
    Charisma: ooo
    Manipulation: o
    Appearance: ooooo
    Mental (8)
    Perception: ooooo
    Intelligence: ooo
    Wits: ooo

Abilities:
    Academics: ooo
    Animal Ken: oo
    Athletics: oo
    Awareness: ooo
    Control(Car): o
    Empathy: ooo
    Integrity: oo
    Investigation: ooo
    Medicine: ooooo
    Melee: oooo
    Occult: o
    Presence: oo
    Science(Medical): ooo
    Survival: o

Advantages
    Birthrights:
    Blood Ring - Relic: o
    The Truth Seeker - Relic: ooo
    The Grim Reaper - Creature: ooooo

Relic stuff:
    The Truth Seeker:
    Obsidian Scalpel (Hadesax) - Grants access to Death and Justice, calls the Reaper

The Blood Ring:
    Obsidian Ring, Grants access to Health

Epic Attributes and Boons:
    Epic Perception: oo
    (Subliminal Warning, Predatory Focus)
    Epic Dexterity: oo
    (Cat's Grace, Divine Balance)
    Epic Appearance: ooo
    (Come Hither, Serpent's Gaze, Compelling Presence)
    Epic Wits: o
    (Instant Investigator)
    Death: o
    (Death Senses)
    Health: o
    (Assess Health)
    Justice: o
    (Judgement)
    Heku: o
    (Ren Harvest)

Virtues:
    Conviction: oo
    Harmony: ooo
    Order: ooo
    Piety: o

Willpower: oooooo

Legend: oooo

Legend Points: 16

Bonus Points
    1 pt of Legend: 7 pts
    2 pt of Medicine: 2 pt
    2 pts of Relic: 2 pts
    2 pts of Creature: 4 pts
    Total: 15 pts

Exp Expenditure
    Epic Dex 2: 5 pts
    Melee 3/4: 8 pts
    Survival 1: 3 pts
    Legend 4: 24 pts
    Epic App 3: 10 pts
    1 pts left

Backstory stuff
    Anubis, the Gatekeeper to the lands of the Dead. God of death to some. But Anubis is not your typical God of Death, he does not take your soul because you've done something bad or because he likes it. To him it is a job, a thankless job, but it is what he does. Like most people bored with the tedium of their work, Anubis constantly tries to find new hobbies to occupy himself, something to take his mind of the deacde to decade 9 to 5 he suffers through.

In recent years Anubis has adopted a more urban look, a businessman at heart, adopting the corporate creeds of efficiency and time management. He doesn't do it for profit of course, but it gives his work a bit more variation than it used to.

That his new image made him more popular among the women of the world is just an added bonus, though one he enjoys from time to time. With his job being more predictable than the ones of other gods Anubis often settles down with his conquests, at least for a time, until the tedium of a relationship strikes and he disappears, usually faking his own death.

And that is how Ann came to be, one of his children who lost her father to a tragic elevator accident.

More backstory fluff
    Once, Ann was a small girl, quick to smile, quicker to cry and generally a loving child raised by two loving parents. Of course, things have a way of turning out for the worse. Before she saw even her third birthday, Ann's father, Jonas Heckler, died in a horrible accident, his remains spread across the foyer of the highrise he was working at. As luck would have it, Ann's mother, Jane Heckler, was waiting for her husband in the foyer, Ann held in her loving grasp. Of course, at first Jane didn't realize just who was spread across her clothes and child, but she screamed never the less. However, when she noticed a distinct obsidian ring lying on the floor a few feet away from her, her screaming rose to a terrifying crescendo, and Ann followed suit, though it is arguable if she realized what just occurred.

Ann doesn't remember much of the event though. Just the entire building painted in red. Of course, when her mother died in another freak accident three years later, Ann just blocked the entire thing from her memory. She struggled with flashbacks for most of her childhood, always a loner, the student at the back of the class dressed in dark clothes that no one dared to talk to. For most of her early years, that was Anns existence, an outcast. She was sent to a private school by her grandmother, coming home but once every year for Christmas. It wasn't until Ann met her cousin, Jason, that she began to thaw. The older boy showed Ann what it was like to be cared for again, after years of being ignored by everyone and everything. Ann didn't change much at first, but she began to look forward to Christmas, a time of joy in an otherwise unremarkable year. Once her aunt, Jason's mother, took her in at the age of 13, Ann underwent a complete change, not so much in looks but in heart.

Since then, Ann has been a positive girl, hard working at school, popular among the boys and friendly to those friendly to her. Once she finished college, she started med-school, but she slowly went from doctor to coroner, something about the dead drawing her in like a light bulb draws moths. But she stayed the same even if her studies became more grim, her teachers constantly annoyed by her cheery attitude during the grimmest tasks. They just didn't realize that cutting up dead people were nothing compared to what Ann had gone through earlier in her life. After finishing her studies, Ann followed in Jason's footsteps and moved to New York, where he was working his way up the local police force.

Ann started off as an assistant, but her uncanny ability to work quickly and efficiently soon moving her up to the go to coroner for hard cases. She seemed to know what she was looking for before she even started the examination, finding things that no one else could spot, clues where there should have been none. And that is where she has been ever since, working to unravel the mysteries of the dead, learning their stories.

And the final stretch
    Ann took another look at the table, her face showing obvious signs of apprehension. Sighing, she pulled out another cigarette from the pack, the lighter from her chest pocket.

"Those things will kill you."

Laughing sarcastically, she lit it up, taking a deep drag of the toxic substance, feeling it flowing down her lungs, exhaling it slowly. "So what do we have here? Another mutilated John Doe?" Ann muttered as she bent down, lifting the cover off the corpse, getting a good look.

"Yeah, no ID, teeth are gone, fingers are gone, no match in the DNA database. And facial identification isn't going to do us much good, obviously. Heck, you can't even tell if it used to be male or female by looking at it. DNA says it's male."

Sighing again, Ann dropped the cover back down and walked over to her chair, shaking her head. "Jason, why do you have to bring me these things? Couldn't you bring, I don't know, some chocolate and roses?"

Laughing, Jason leaned back against the wall, smiling. "I don't think the wife would appreciate me bringing roses to the ever popular female coroner. Even if she is my cuz," he said with a gentle smile as he leaned forward, nabbing one of Ann's cigarettes, lighting it up.

"I thought you gave those up years ago Jason? Not that I'm one to talk," Ann added as reached down and hit the power button on her computer. The whirr of the fan slowly gained in volume, a low buzz in the background.

"It's this case. Worst thing I've ever seen. And we've been through some strange stuff lately. Seems the world is slowly going insane."

Tapping away at the keyboard, Ann simply nodded. "I wish this job was more like CSI. Then I'd at least feel like I'm doing something. But these last few bodies are devoid of clues. I feel like a mortician as opposed to a coroner. Maybe I should have just followed in mom's footsteps and become a mortician. I can't even find the cause of death on some of these last few bodies. The best I can do is clean them up and incinerate them."

Sighing, Ann finished her notes and got up, stumping the cigarette in the ashtray on her desk. Pulling on her gloves, she went back to the body, pulling the cover off. "I'd say this one has been dead for at least a week, though I can't be one hundred with the state it's in."

Digging inside the chest cavity, she couldn't help but feel nostalgic, though she didn't know why. "No internal organs left. Marks of precision tools, wielded with skill. Most likely a surgeon. Most of the exterior is intact, with the exception of the face, hands and genitalia."

Jason mock winced at the last mention, but after the last few weeks, his heart wasn't really in it. "Same as the first 5 then? This case just keeps on getting better. Oh yeah, you coming to granny's place for Thanksgiving?"

Laughing, Ann moved over to her desk again, tossing the gloves into a nearby trashcan. "Looking back at last year, I don't think so. Her mistaking me for my mother ninety percent of the time is getting old. You'd think she'd gotten over her death after 20 years, but I guess some things are harder to cope with."

Pulling out another cigarette, she lit it as she walked over to the table. "Help me get him over on this trolley, will you?"

Nodding, Jason stumped the cigarette, shaking his head. "You can't fault her. She's old and you kinda look like aunt Jane. Well, not really. Your father must have had some genes, you being the only one with dark hair in the entire family. Heck, I don't think I've seen anyone with as pale a skin tone as yours that weren't albinos or corpses. On three. One. Two. Three!"

Dragging the body over on the trolley, Ann smiled at Jason, a sad but soft smile. "I know Jason, I know. I just don't think I can handle it. It's been 20 years, but every time granny mistakes me for mom, it drags it all out again. I'll try to be there, but no guarantees."

"Walk with me down to the incinerator?" Ann asked as she pushed the trolley through the door, letting out a silent sigh. Whenever she took a corpse down to the incinerator, something inside her both agreed and disagreed with what she was doing. But after working here for 5 years, that voice had slowly lost its intensity, barely a whisper these days.

The empty hallways echoed with the sound of the trolley wheels, the soft step of Ann's sandals, the sharp tap of Jason's shoes. Beyond that, the entire building was silent as a tomb. Fittingly so one might say.

Pushing the trolley into the incinerator room always filled Ann with pride, though she had no idea why. Such a sick thing, pride in disposing of someone's remains. Shaking her head, she gently moved the corpse over to the slab of metal, shoving it into the furnace.

"So long John. Enjoy whatever comes next, eh?" she silently added, the glow from the furnace illuminating her face, a single tear reflecting the soft light.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Very interesting Cynic, I like it!

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Cheers guys. She's actually from an old game that fell through, but I liked her so much I kept her around.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Grim Reaper Statblock:
    Grim Reaper (Creature ooooo)

Strength 5/1
    Dexterity 5
    Stamina 5
    Charisma 1
    Manipulation 1
    Appearance 6/1
    Perception 3
    Intelligence 2
    Wits 3

Athletics 4
    Awareness 5
    Brawl 4
    Fortitude 2
    Integrity 2
    Medicine
    Melee 5
    Occult 2
    Presence 4

Conviction: ooo
    Harmony: o
    Order: ooo
    Piety: o

Willpower
    Join Battle 8
    Dodge DV 6
    Soak A/ 3L/ 5B
    Armor 1A/ 1L/ 1B
    Health 0 -1 -1 -1 -2 -2 -2 -4 I
    O O O O O O O O O
    Legend 2
    LP: 4

Scythe
    Acc 11 | Dam 13L | PDV 5 | Speed 6
    Clinch
    Acc 9 | Dam 5L | PDV - | Speed 6
    Knacks
    Crushing Grip
    Dreadful Mien

Touch of Entropy
    The Grim Reaper can touch a foe whose time has come and curse it with pain and death. Roll the creature’s (Intelligence+Occult+Legend) The patient suffers one lethal health level or two bashing health levels for each success, ignoring armor. Each Touch costs one point of Legend

It seems powerful now, but keep in mind it won't level up with you guys(or if I give mercy for you deciding to take Creature, it's not going to level up nearly as fast.)

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dude, you got Death as a Creature. Awesome.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I just realized that I'm probably going to be the least-potent killing machine in the party.

Compared to Infidel's psycho shooter, Shoe's Kung-fu killer, and Cynic's scion commanding the grim reaper, I'm somewhat wimpy.

This scares me.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    How do you fit two purviews, +2 damage, and +1 defense on a three-dot relic?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    He didn't, I think. I believe he was going with the Hadesax's standard +2L damage, and just didn't denote it well. The bonus seems to be going to Defense, which on a standard Hadesax is 0, but on his is a +1.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »
    I just realized that I'm probably going to be the least-potent killing machine in the party.

Compared to Infidel's psycho shooter, Shoe's Kung-fu killer, and Cynic's scion commanding the grim reaper, I'm somewhat wimpy.

This scares me.

Well, in my experience with Rainfall as a player, maybe it shouldn't scare ya. It seems to me she really digs having social and intellectual stuff in play.

I doubt this is going to be a constant slugfest, and your character is going to bring things that may be somewhat lacking in the rest of us.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    He didn't, I think. I believe he was going with the Hadesax's standard +2L damage, and just didn't denote it well. The bonus seems to be going to Defense, which on a standard Hadesax is 0, but on his is a +1.

Yeah, it originally started off as a Kama, which is why it has +1 def instead of +1 acc. It has no enhancements actually, as using it summon the Reaper takes a dot.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Alright guys, I should be good to run Shoe's prelude tonight, and Cynic's if he's available.

Due to scheduling conflicts the Tuesday session will be a late one, starting at 9 PM MST and going until everyone has to go to bed(I have wednesday off so I can go however late,) unless you guys would rather roll with a longer Monday session.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm available. Just let me know when.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm available except for about 7 to 9PM pacific time, Rainy

Let me know via post or AIM

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Alright, game on tonight!

Things to think about: We're starting in NYC. I'm sure there's a reason for your character to be there. Simplest one runs down to: 'Because my divine parent told me to.' Session will probably be RP/investigationary more than combat, but you never know. That's all you get until game time!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The title made me think of what would be the greatest scion ever, a rockstar who fights titanspawn using the power of metal.

I'm going to see if something like that could be rolled up. To the norse pantheon!

On a different note, I'm actually off work until Thursday, when I have to go in at an ungodly early hour, so it's all gravy.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Oh shit, almost forgot about this! Good thing this is starting a little later, I have some things to take care of out and about first.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    dibs on bombfell you guys will have to go elsewhere

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Nuh uh!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Alright, game on tonight!

Things to think about: We're starting in NYC. I'm sure there's a reason for your character to be there. Simplest one runs down to: 'Because my divine parent told me to.' Session will probably be RP/investigationary more than combat, but you never know. That's all you get until game time!

John will be in NYC giving a seminar at the dojo of a friend of his who teaches... let's say Yoshinkan Aikido. It's a decent way for him to get a paid-for trip and earn a bit of cash.

Hachiman has yet to speak with him directly. All contact with his "real dad" so far has been through his guide and minor Kami.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Walker's in town, rather naturally, because that's where the Compass pointed him.

He will, in fact, arrive at whatever spot the game begins for the same reason. I wouldn't be surprised if the thing was actually pointing AT one of you, or perhaps all of you, which'd be a pretty clear indication to Walker that you were why he's there.

In a short term sense of course. In a longer term sense, well, obviously ALL of us are in the same place for a reason... FAte doesn't leave anything to chance, more's the pity. Makes gambling a LOT less fun, it does.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    dibs on bombfell you guys will have to go elsewhere

Yeah, we'll be chilling in #Scion on slashnet.

Rainfall on