Options

[Scion DEMIGOD] Through the gates of Hades

• Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Are we starting at 7 or 9 your time, Rainfall? I'm just not sure if I should be hanging out in there now, or in two hours from now. I can do the time difference fine, it's mostly that you'd mentioned we might not be starting 'till later and I didn't know if that was the case for sure or not.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    9-ish my time, I'm at work 'til 8:30 or so.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Just makin' sure. I'll be there with compasses on.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So to make sure, DST, etc, how long from now is it until we get our game on?

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    2 and a bit hours. I should be home in two hours, and I'll need to post in the Dr. Horrible Phalla thread, probably have a large drink of water, then I'll be in-channel.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    By the way, did I misunderstand something and is Cynic no longer Anubian?

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    By the way, did I misunderstand something and is Cynic no longer Anubian?

Huh?

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'll take it as a typo then.

You're listed as Scion of Hermes in the OP.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    My bad. I was thinking Hermes while typing what should have been Anubis. 'tis fixed now.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ten successes on a 5#d10 roll with no epics.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's easy when you hack! ;-)

Good session last night guys. :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Fun was had by all.

Also, ya'll suck. Beat by a girl.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pfft.

Whatever.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Honestly, the thought of hobos vomiting up black ichorous ninjas never would have occurred to me.

That shit was crazy. Major props to Rainfall.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Fun was had by all.

Also, ya'll suck. Beat by a girl.

Eat something already, you're on the verge of hospitalization! :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Don't think I forgot about you stealing my wallet, Infidel.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Horseshoe wrote: »

I was just holding it for you, didn't want some hobo lifting it amongst that crowd ya know?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »

I was just holding it for you, didn't want some hobo lifting it amongst that crowd ya know?

Thanks, Tasselhoff.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    :winky:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why are there always ninjas?

Because Ninjas are the REAL ULTIMATE POWER.

Of course.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It appears that there was a slight misunderstanding at some point. Games are currently taking place on Tuesdays. It was generally decided that Tuesdays would be more convenient for everyone. My schedule cannot allow for two games at once, so Tuesday evenings is it.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, something like this happened right at the start of my Exalted game as well, and I guess I'm bad at communicating times.

The next game will take place as scheduled in the OP, and I will try to keep the OP updated with the next game day as each one passes.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Guys I have D&D tonight, work on tuesday night, and work on thursday night.

So I will probably not be able to play this week.

Let's just say that Ujio thinks that Simon is way too uptight and he's going to relax in his hotel room (plus he needs to cancel his flight back to Los Angeles for the time being) until he can feel the team starting to come together a bit more.

Let's also say before he leaves he'll also get his wallet back from Devon (probably with Walker's help) in exchange for buying Devon and Walker drinks at the hotel bar later.

Hopefully I am being able to play the game next week when the work is less, how you say, hectic.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Gotcha, Shoe. We'll take good care of your stuff while you're gone.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    By "take care of", naturally she means "save the world from more ninja-vomiting hobos", but I'm sure there'll be plenty of hobos left when you get back.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We'll save some for you. Toss them into your hotel room closet. For safekeeping.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Gotcha, Shoe. We'll take good care of your wallet while you're gone.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So when is convenient o'clock tonight?

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Gotcha, Shoe. We'll take good care of your wallet while you're gone.

As much as I like your character, Infidel, stuff like this will make me tire of the game rather quickly.

Ujio could have clinched and started crushing the shit out of Devon before he even had a chance to draw his gun.

I don't do stuff like that because I like to see where the story is going and working as a team rather than dicking around pulling pranks and punching each other.

I'm not saying that this is your intention, it's more of a general FYI on my playstyle.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Whoah.

Whoah whoah whoah.

Whoah.

Anyway, convenient o' clock is at 6-7ish tonight, MST.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Awesome session guys

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    This session went REALLY well, IMO. If you think differently let me know! I'll probably never get around to posting the log of the first session, but it wasn't that exciting. This is for you, Shoe!
    Rainfall: Ambulance sirens wail in the distance as the two(surprisingly slow) police officers come up to the scene of the battle, looking at the hobo collapsed on the ground. The Scions ignore it, already walking away casually, ignoring the steaming black... stuff that rests on the ground.
    Ann: "This guy was here last night at the crime scene. Take him in." Ann points at the hobo, then saunters back to the crime scene, surprisingly calm with the entire event.
    ***Walker indeed leaves the police behind to clean up the mess. It was enough, he felt, that they'd taken care of what the cops themselves couldn't, right? He gave John a nod as he walked away, making sure to get the number of his hotel room, and then let him go and followed the others.
    ***Simon crosses the street on the far end of the park, ducking under the line of sagging police tape, and casually walks across the street to his rather expensive-looking apartment building, the bloody trail he should have left behind now slowed to merely a few sparse drops. Motioning the other scions to follow, he stepped inside the building and waited at the elevator banks.
    Ann: Once she arrives on the scene, Ann gathers up her gear and finds the nearest cop. "Not much else to say that the video we found can't tell us. Tell the coroners to give me a call once the bodies are taken in."
    ***Walker had already replaced the pistol in its holster, long before casually fleeing the scene of the seemingly random ninja attack... which was something that amused him to no end. It was something you couldn't say most days. "Woke up, saw crime scene, made new friends, attacked by ninjas." He was chucling when he met Simon at the elevators. "All in a day's work?"
    Rainfall: The cop nods. "Yes ma'am. We're cleaning up the site now, you should be getting the call soon."
    ***Simon finishes stuffing his slashed and bloody shirt into the small half-ashtray half-trashcan in front of the bank of elevators, and presses the up-arrow on the elevator. "I think we're only at the beginning."
    Walker: "Isn't that always the way?" Walker shrugged, and smoothed his shirt. He hadn't been touched, after all. Though there'd been that moment where the ninja almost mistook him for Devon. A few times. "I'm sure it'll work out. Although I have to say. Ninjas... really?" He laughed, and shook his head. "Damon Walker, by the way." He held out a hand.
    Rainfall: The elevator slides open smoothly, and two well-dressed businessmen walk out, chatting amiably.
    Rainfall: As Ann stands at the scene, her cell rings.
    Simon: "Simon Bradstreet," He responded back, accepting the handshake, stepping aside to let the men out of the elevator.
    Ann: Ann pulls out the cell and flips it open. "Heckler."
    Walker: "I wonder if we shouldn't wait for the others." Walker doesn't, though, he steps aside for the businessmen just as Simon did, and then follows him into the elevator.
    Rainfall: The voice that comes out is faintly tinny, and doesn't sound like he is speaking directly into the phone. "Two of them, going up."
    Rainfall: Then the line drops.
    Rainfall: The doors in the elevator slide shut just as smoothly, and the familiar elevator music fills the lift as it rumbles upwards.
    Ann: "What the..." Ann was used to strange things happening, but this didn't smell like coincidence. "Weren't they heading to an hotel..." Ann thinks for a moment, then heads of toward the hotel, seeing as she had nothing better to do while the bodies were being processed.
    ***Walker couldn't help but flick a quick glance down, popping open the Compass and taking a look at it before continuing the conversation with Simon.
    Rainfall: The floor indicator on the elevator suddenly stalls, flickers, and goes out. Moments later, the elevator judders and stops moving. Walker's compass spins for a moment before pointing to the closed doors.
    Walker: "Don't suppose you have any particular idea what you... well hell."
    Rainfall: As Ann heads towards the hotel, she notices a small cluster of businessmen leaving. One of them turns to the wall, slapping his hand against it briefly before they move on.
    ***Simon rolls his eyes at the absurdity of the present situation. "Come on!" he shouts. He just wanted to take a shower and get out of his bloody clothes.
    ***Walker closes his eyes, knowing full well that when the lightscome back on, he'll be dazzled by them otherwise, and it's not like he can see in the dark anyway, and then winces. "Hey. No need to shout, you know. Unless your voice works better than a cellphone?"
    Ann: Ann walks over to where the businessman slapped his hand to the wall, studying it. "I hate coincidences."
    Rainfall: A faint beeping echoes through the elevator, getting progressively louder.
    Walker: "Always wondered why these things didn't come equipped with a prybar..." Walker frowned, then tilting his head, tried to locate the precise source of the sound.
    ***Simon leans back against the wood-paneled siding in the pitch darkness. "That doesn't sound too good. I suppose we should find a way out of here."
    Rainfall: As Ann peers at the wall, she sees a vial of what seems to be... blood? Tiny wires that gleam with an odd green color connect it to a small stone, and a digital watch, rapidly counting down from sixty seconds.
    INNS [~INNS@cloak-953AE69E.cable.mindspring.com] entered the room.
    Walker: "Shh. If it's a bomb I'd rather find it before we explode."
    Rainfall: In the elevator, the sound seems to be coming from beneath the carpet.
    Walker: "Damn it, I left my knife with the... Hey, Brads, got a pocket knife?"
    ***Simon rummages through his pockets, ending up with merely his cell-phone, providing a dim light. "Not on me."
    Walker: "Figures. Help me with this corner, then, maybe we can pull up the carpet, get a look at this."
    ***Ann studies the contraption for a second. "Not my day. Bomb maybe?" Ann sighs and takes a step back, pondering what to do. She could try to disarm it, but that might turn out to be a hilariously bad idea.
    ***Walker moves to the corner of the elevator, and proceeds to see if he can't find a seam, or an imperfectly carpet-nailed portion of the carpeting to see if he can't pull it up. Walker also wishes he had a knife on him.
    Rainfall: The carpet appears to be pretty solidly connected, but there's a bit of a gap at the door where you can get your fingers underneath.
    Rainfall: The beeping gets louder, and Ann watches as the countdown moves down to 45
    ***Simon leans down and starts pulling at the carpet's seam at the doors, working together with Damon to rip it up.
    Ann: "Aw, what the hell. Let's give it a go." Ann pulls out her scalpel and moves closer to the device, trying to figure out which wire to cut.
    Rainfall: The carpet comes up easy. It looks like someone else was getting under it. It's mostly metal panelling underneath the carpet, but you see a blinking light in the darkness, a glow-in-the-dark watch rapidly counting down, currently at 35 seconds. You can barely make out a vial connected to the watch by a few wires.
    Walker: "Definitely not good. See if you can't get the hatch or the door open, would you? Quickly please." Walker settled back to examine the device, see if he can figure out precisely how it's likely to go off. Not taht he's an expert on this sort of thing, of course.
    Rainfall: Ann holds herself steady as she snips one of the wires. The watch stops counting, emits a quiet tone, and then... nothing happens.
    Ann: "Well, that was anti-climatic." Sighing audibly, Ann reaches for the vial.
    ***Simon wipes his slightly blood-streaked hands across his forehead, "One step ahead of you," he mutters, already reaching for the elevator doors, forcing his fingers in between the seam and pulling.
    Rainfall: The door creaks as Simon's ichor-fuelled muscles pry it open, managing to get a few inches, light pouring in. Now that it's easier to see, there's several more wires running off from the watch, going to different parts of the elevator. The seconds count down to 25.
    Rainfall: Ann's keen ears don't miss a beat as the quiet beeping of another watch echoes through the lobby. It sounds like it's placed on the wall right behind the hotel receptionist.
    ***Walker mutters under his breath. Ticking countdown, weird wires... definitely a bomb. Lots more wires. Huh. "Let's take a vote. Should I start pulling wires?"
    ***Simon strains at the doors, trying to force them open a few more inches so they can make their escape. "Not a good idea, I suggest you help me with this," his voice creaking at the exertion of strength.
    Ann: "Another one? Christ." Dropping the vial into her bag, Ann sprints into the lobby, searching for the next one.
    Rainfall: The receptionist stands up as she sees Ann sprinting into the lobby. "Miss? Is everything alright?"
    ***Walker smoothly moves over to help Simon, though he keeps an eye on the device, trying to track wires while heaving at the doors. Maybe if he can find the right ones, he can do something about it?
    Ann: Eying the receptionist, Ann sighs. "You might have a bomb right behind you. I suggest you move. Now." With that, Ann leaps the counter, frantically searching for where the sound is coming from.
    Rainfall: The doors continue to creak open, although the gap isn't quite large enough to fit through yet.
    Rainfall: The receptionist screams and ducks for cover.
    Rainfall: The bomb turns out to be behind one of the letters spelling out the name of the hotel behind the receptionist. Ann blanches even more than she usually is. 15 seconds left.
    SheepHaveWool [~no@cloak-B6AAA5D1.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net] entered the room.
    Ann: "Shit." Ann pulls out here scalpel again. "I've done this once, I can do it again. Right?" The question echoes in the air as she tries to decide which wire to cut.
    Walker: "Fuck it." Walker darts away from the door and kneels back down. "Don't force it all the way, just in case." Walker let his eyes focus on the bomb, and whispered softly, brushing fingers on the compass for luck. "Here goes nothing..."
    ***Simon pulls with all of his might, calling upon any reserves of strength he could muster up, all while whispering to himself - "A little help you, you pompous son-of-a-bitch."
    Rainfall: Ann's hands shake slightly as she makes the cut, the blade slipping to the side. The wire is half-cut, but the countdown keeps going. Five seconds left.
    Rainfall: Simon's arms bulge, the tendons in his neck strain, and the door rips open, twisted by the sheer force of his pull.
    Rainfall: Ann takes another quick cut, stopping the watch at less than a second.
    Rainfall: Walker tugs the wires, twisting his hand just... so. The wires pop free, and the watch stops ticking.
    ***Simon jumps out of the door, landing in a roll, running and mentally counting down, ducking for cover behind the nearest solid object he could find when he got to "1"
    Ann: "Oh god. Just like the movies. Never thought I'd say that." Breathing heavily, Ann grabs the second vial and tucks it into her bag, before heading toward the loud noise that came from the elevators.
    ***Walker grins. "Toss the dice." He makes a quick check, to determine whether it's safe to pull the device free, and if so, he will indeed do so. If not... well, better not try.
    Rainfall: A disquieting 'whumph' echoes through the building. From Ann's viewpoint in the lobby, she can see one of the walls by the elevator seeming to melt like water. Windows shatter, people scream. Luckily, two of the major support walls didn't melt... although the sound of buckling metal makes something drastic still seem ineveitable.
    ***Walker does NOT like the sound of that, and catches himself against the wall when the building shudders, then tears the device from the floor and darts out of the elevator before something unpleasant occurs in there.
    Rainfall: The emergency lights in the elevator finally come on, and the fire alarm starts ringing. Predictably, the sprinklers go off.
    Walker: "Simon! Hey, Simon! We're not dead."
    Ann: "More? More?! Oh, you have got to be kidding me. EVERYONE OUT. NOW. This place is going to fall apart." Ann looks around for anyone to hurt to get themselves out.
    Rainfall: The receptionist screams bloody murder, as hotel security piles out, dashing for the stairs, shouting 'EVERYBODY OUT!'
    Walker: "Simon? Where the hell are you? I think it's time we found the stairs..."
    Rainfall: Ann's cellphone rings again, and on the fifth floor of the hotel, so does Simon's.
    Ann: Ann absentmindedly grabs the phone as she looks for any survivors on the first floor, flipping it open. "Heckler."
    ***Simon tentatively stands up from behind the armchair, looking very annoyed as the sprinklers soak his already blood-streaked clothes. He pulls his cellphone out of his pocket and wearily answers it. "What?"
    Rainfall: Ann and Simon both hear each other answer, and then that same, damnable voiice says "It's there. Retrieve it."
    Ann: "You. Oh crap. Are you in the hotel? You need to get out right now. This building is going to fall apart any moment."
    ***Simon wearily flips closed his cellphone and heads towards the stairwell, the woman's voice trailing off. "Get out of here Walker, I'll be right behind you."
    ***Walker taps Simon on the shoulder. "Cellphone later. Stairs now. You've got a room here, which way are they?"
    Rainfall: Two large black trucks pull up outside, armored SWAT troopers pouring out and headed into the building. "go, go, go!Llocate and neutralize!"
    ***Simon starts off at a run, ramming through a nearby door. "Go down there," Simon points at the staircase down, illuminated by emergency lighting, before taking off a at a run up the stairwell, heading upwards.
    Rainfall: Walker pauses as he looks at the staircase headed down. It's... melted.
    ***Walker just stares at Simon's retreating form for a second, then shakes his head. "LEt it ride." He takes off after Simon.
    Ann: As the line disconnects, Anns mind goes back to the other voice. "There? Retrieve what?" And then the SWAT teams pull up, breaking Anns line of thought.
    Rainfall: The hotel security stands on the other side of the not-melted stairs, shouting upwards.
    ***Walker skids to a stop just long enough to catch the security's shouts. "Can't hear you! What was that?!"
    Ann: "Now what?" Ann mutters as she ducks into cover, wondering just what they're here to neutralize
    Rainfall: The hotel shudders, the sound of metal support struts snapping and concrete crumbling echoing through the stairway as chunks of rubble fall from above. In the lobby, the ceiling lowers by a few inches, and the sprinklers stop spraying, and water starts pouring out of the cracks in the ceiling.
    Rainfall: One of the SWAT team members dashes for the logo behind the receptionists desk, checking behind there, while the others spread out to various locations on the main floor.
    ***Simon continues to dash up the stairwell, counting off the floors until he reached the penthouse, where his apartment was.
    Rainfall: He winces as he looks at his former room. The floor is cracked, all the furniture in the room collected in large pile, right in the middle of the sunken floor.
    Rainfall: The SWAT team members hit their radios again, and then head for the elevators, prying open the doors and swarming up.
    ***Simon dodges by the mass of furniture, reaching towards the nightstand and grabbing the worn-leather case propped up against it, checking behind him to see if Walker was still there.
    ***Walker considers, for a moment, following Simon all the way upstairs. An instant later, Walker feels the building shudder again, and decides that he isn't quite ready for his funeral yet. He takes a look down the melted stairwell, then takes a breath, and steps off the edge, spinning to catch himself, giving himself about seven feet less drop before letting go to fall to the first unmelted landing.
    Ann: "What are they looking for I wonder. Oh, I hope not." Ann pulls out her cell and brings up the call history, trying to dial the last number that called her. "I hope this works."
    Rainfall: Simon's phone rings again, just as he grasps the case.
    ***Walker makes the drop easily, and then looks up, shaking his head, and mutters "You promised it'd never be boring..." before dashing at top speed down the stairs, taking them two at a time and relying primarily on his inhuman agility to keep him from breaking his neck on the way down.
    Rainfall: The hotel security looks on in awe as Walker sprints downwards, and then look back up at the gap. "There's people up there!"
    ***Simon ignores the ringing phone, looking around the room and snatching up the billfold and wallet, before turning towards the plate-glass window in front of the fire escape, the rusted grate now swinging back and forth, connected to the building by a single, strained-looking piece of metal
    Rainfall: Ann's phone continues to ring, the hotel roof dipping another few inches.
    Ann: "Come on, come on, pick up. Shit." Ann flips the phone closed again and walks toward the stairs, her eyes keeping a wary eye on the dipping roof.
    Rainfall: A loud crashing noise catches Simon's attention, and he turns his head to see the SWAT members sliding out of the elevator, guns levelled in his directoin. "DROP THE CASE, LIE DOWN ON THE GROUND, AND DON'T RESIST!"
    Simon: Another loud shudder rumbles through the building, as the roof buckles visibly, and the large window shatters explosively. Simon nods a few times to mentally prepare himself, and takes a running leap into the air, out of the quickly collapsing building.
    Rainfall: "Shit, he's running!"
    Rainfall: Walker barrels out of the stairwell, almost bumping into Anna.
    Walker: Walker dodges the woman gracefully and in the same motion reaches out for her arm to spin her around and drag her along. "Time to go!"
    ***Simon flies through the air, only through force of habit pulling out his still-ringing cellphone in midair and raising it to his ear, the pavement more than a hundred feet below him, and the neighboring office building quickly approaching across the alley.
    Rainfall: Bullets whip past him as he leaps, denting the window in front of him moments before he crashes through. The cubicle workers scream, their attention transfixed by Simon's epic leap and the collapsing building, although they didn't realize he was going to come through THEIR window.
    ***Ann is spun around, but gracefully keeps her footing, eyes darting to the roof, then back to the exit. "I guess so."
    Rainfall: At the same time, Ann's cellphone ceases ringing, and she hears a connection open at the other end, shattering glass and screaming people, et al.
    Ann: "You okay? Where the hell are you? You need to get out now." She practically shouts it into the phone as she dashes for the exit.
    ***Walker just desperately tries to keep a hold on Ann, and on the bomb, which he isn't quite sure how he managed not to lose in all this commotion, and speeds them out into the street, and ACROSS the street, fully intent on keeping going straight into the middle of the next block, even as Ann chats on her cell.
    ***Simon lands in a roll, tangled in a mess of office equipment and brushing off glass shards from his jacket, the cell phone still at his ear. "You there....? ......Fucker hung up on me!"
    Rainfall: Simon hears a whizzing sound, and grapnels slam into the floor around Simon. Several of the SWAT members begin sliding across the gap between the buildings, the rest anchoring the ropes.
    Rainfall: Several of the SWAT members near the entrance block Walker's movements. "Hold on, sir!"
    ***Walker pauses exactly long enough to spit a few words out. "This place is coming down, do YOU want to be inside when it does? Let's do Q&A the street for Chrissakes!"
    Rainfall: The officer nods. "Back off, people! Top floor is secure, in pursuit!"
    ***Simon drops the cellphone into his jacket pocket and turns around with a quick "Fuckin' A." He flipps open the leather case to reveal a long, gem-studded blade, glowing with a bright metallic sheen, and wields the sword in his right hand, and almost casually walked over to the glass-studded precipice, where he takes a angry slice through the nearest grappling rope.
    Rainfall: The rope twangs as the sword shears through it, and one of the swat members flails, screaming loudly as he falls towards the street.
    Rainfall: Another reaches into his belt, hurling a cylindrical object towards the Scion.
    ***Ann keeps running as Walker slows down. "What the hell are you waiting for....Q&A? Someones life is in danger. God, men are so dense."
    Rainfall: "Do either of you know a Simon Wiggins Bradstreet?" The SWAT member looks at them sternly through his visor.
    Infidel [~infidel@cloak-14E98A7B.pp.shawcable.net] entered the room.
    Walker: "Who?" Walker, more than a bit distracted, isn't actually really paying attention to the SWAT officer nearly so much as everyting else around them. "Sorry, afraid not. Hey, cop lady, can't you flash a badge or something? We're kind of short on time here."
    Ann: "Who? And I'm not a cop, I'm a Forensic Technician. Slight difference."
    ***Simon watches with open eyes as he sees the grenade fly through the air and into the office building. "Jesus Christ!" Simon yells, diving behind a nearby cubicle, looking for a way out.
    Rainfall: "I can't let you leave until you've been thoroughly questioned, sir. Until we know what happened everyone is suspect."
    Walker: "I'm not LEAVING anywhere, I'm getting the hell out of the blast radius of a falling building. Do you remmeber the pictures of the Towers? I do. Whole fucking block. Mind if we walk about a hundred feet that way?"
    Rainfall: A hissing sound fills the office, smoke pouring out of the canister. Simon hears a few thumps as the SWAT members finish crossing the street, and a loud SMASH as one hits the top of a car. The rumbling sound of the collapsing hotel increases in urgency.
    Ann: "Yeah officer, I realize you've got procedures, but this entire building is falling apart right now and I am not keen on being under it when it does."
    Rainfall: "Get in the truck, then. I don't have time for this!" The officer makes a few gestures to his men, and they all start returning to the vans.
    Rainfall: It's pretty obvious that they're ignoring their fallen comrade, and the fact that at least half the team that entered isn't coming back out.
    ***Ann studies the SWAT team a bit more closely and mutters under her breath to Walker. "Not cops. At least not attached to NYPD."
    ***Simon takes a quick peek up from behind the cubicle, the office obviously not trashed by a frag grenade - though the colored smoke was greatly decreasing visibility.
    ***Walker gives Ann a quick glance, and mutters back. "Great. Get out of the hotel only to be shot by fake cops."
    Rainfall: The officer looks slightly pissed. "In the truck! Now!"
    ***Walker takes a quick glance at the compass, then another whisper to Ann. "Yes or no?"
    ***Ann glances at the cop, then at Walker. "No."
    Rainfall: "This isn't a request." The officer draws a pistol, pointing it directly at Anna. "Get in, or she gets shot."
    Ann: "Bad idea. My dog is protective you see." Ann locks eyes with the officer.
    ***Simon runs in a crouch in the direction opposite of the persuing SWAT officers, towards where the office workers had fled. Through his sunglasses, the swirling of the smoke appeared strangely hypnoctic.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Part 2, character limit! D:
    Rainfall: One of the SWAT levels their weapon at Simon, bullets tearing through the desks and such around him. Papers fly up, obscuring the scene even more than the smoke from the smoke grenade did.
    ***Simon watches as bullet contrails tear through the smoke around him, before ducking behind a nearby mirrored pillar, hopefully unseen through all of the crap in the air.
    Rainfall: "Your dog isn't here, miss. Get in the fucking vehicle!" The other two SWATs on the street raise their rifles, taking aim.
    ***Simon holds his back against the pillar, slowing his breathing to the point where he remains unnoticed. Just as the nearest SWAT officer passes by him, Simon jumps out from behind his cover and quickly tries to grab him from behind.
    Devon: The hail of piercing metal is a deafening cacophony. The SWAT are in the midst of delivering when one of the elevator chimes, and only one of them notices as the doors part. A sharp-dressed man in a black longcoat steps between them as they open, and before the startled officer can alert or bring his weapon to sights the man drives the barrel of his pistol into his path, firing.
    Ann: As Anns eyes draw in the SWAT officer in front of her, Ann grasps her scalpel tightly, the air behind the officer shimmering slightly as a snout appears over his shoulder. "Maybe if you had asked nicely. Too bad my dog is here. Maybe you'll give your actions some thought in the afterlife, hmm? Guide him on his way."
    ***Walker takes his cute from Ann, and determines there's not exactly time to play anymore. He takes a breath, and then starts moving back and away from Ann, forcing them to split their targets, even as his hand flahes to draw his .45 and, without even a second's hesitation, he double-taps one of the men with a rifle while Ann calls up Death.
    ***Simon successfully restrains the SWAT officer from behind, barely holding the large, flailing man. Quickly, Simon focuses himself and whispers a quick command into the still-struggling man's ear.
    Rainfall: The Anubian Reaper reaches over Ann's shoulder, his hand reaching out like a claw, sucking his life force from him. The transfixed officer's eyes bulge, then he collapses to the ground, unconcious but still staring at the Scion of Death.
    Rainfall: Bullets fly like rain, Walker's shots driving one of the SWAT troopers back, but failing to pierce the thick armor that they wear. The other one opens up with a panicked shout, blasting away at the Anubian Reaper.
    Rainfall: In the office, the blasts of Devon's gun sound like thunder against the m16s of the SWAT members. Shots fly everywhere, not a single one managing to do any damage. Simon looks wryly at the SWAT he's restraining. "I told you not to miss."
    Ann: Reaching up, Ann stroks the chin of the Reaper, before pointing at the van in front of them. "Encourage them to leave. And make them take this guy with them." The Reaper growls in acknowledgement, reaching down and grabbing the SWAT member, then tossing him into the van as he walks toward it, his heavy steps a dull thud, with Ann walking behind him, keeping an eye out for anyone else looking for trouble.
    Devon: As Devon leads out from the elevator, arm extended and gun blasting, another being lunges from within. Sharp eyes and fangs with a silver muzzle, it pounces upon the stunned SWAT officer that Devon assaulted.
    Rainfall: The two rifle-carrying SWATs lower their weapons as they look at Ann's hideous 'dog,' sliding into the drivers seats. The two vehicles peel off with remarkable speed.
    ***Simon holds his sword-arm across the neck of the Swat Officer, a mischievious plan in his mind. With his free hand, he reached at the SWAT officer's belt, and attempted to grab the meanest-looking grenade at his belt.
    ***Walker glances at the building nearby, then spits. "Our friend is up there, I'd wager. How about you and your scythe-happy puppy go help them? I'll be back in about ten minutes or so."
    Ann: "Sounds like a plan, thought I'd hurry if I were you. Sounds like a warzone up there."
    Walker: "Don't get shot. Be a shame to ruin that pretty face." Walker winks at her, flashes her a grin, and then breaks into a run for his car, which is parked a few blocks away, where he left it before joinig the crime scene.
    ***Simon pulls the grenade to his face with his free hand, and rips the pin out with his teeth, being able to barely read "Fragmentation Mk. 4" inscribed on the side of it. With a sidearm toss, he hurtled it in the direction of the blown-out window, where the SWAT officers stood with their weapons firing.
    Ann: Ann pets the Reaper again and sets off in the direction of the lobby of the building on the other side of the road, the Reaper stalking her.
    Rainfall: The wolf tries to take a huge bite out of one of the SWATs face plates, crunching the glass with the force of its jaws. The guy screams, trying to push the FUCKING WOLF off of his face.
    Rainfall: Ann enters the lobby, the guard staring open-mouthed at the video screens at the reception desk. Sounds of gunfire echo faintly through the building. He looks up at Ann and the Anubian Reaper, and his jaw drops even further.
    Ann: "Say, what floor is the gunfire coming from?" Ann asks with a smile.
    Rainfall: "Ag. Agubb. Sss...sixth..."
    Ann: "Thanks." Ann gives him another smile and walks over to the elevators to see if any of them are on the first floor.
    Rainfall: Devon's wolf leaps back as a tiny object hits the ground. A shout comes out from the SWATs, slightly muffled. "Grenade!" A boom echoes through the room, and everyone feels the blast. Heat and shrapnel tear away at some of the thickest parts of the SWAT teams armor.
    Rainfall: All the elevators are on the first floor, except for one. The mass exodus of the office saw to that.
    Ann: Ann presses the button and the doors open with a ding. Ann walks in and presses the 6 as the reaper leans down and makes his way into the elevator, the cables groaning slightly as the weight increases tenfold.
    Devon: Devon gives it a second post-blast before popping up over a desk, both arms holding his weapon and braced over the surface. He squeezes a round off at the first stumbling SWAT to poke up one of their little heads.
    Rainfall: Devon's shot rips through the shattered facemask of the SWAT that his wolf had gone after. Blood spatters the inside of the helmet, and it sinks back to the floor.
    ***Simon grimaces at the shockwave from the explosion, most of the windows on the floor shattering. With a quick twirl, he took his arm off the throat of the SWAT officer, currently coughing from the combination of the blast and being choked. Simon took a viscious two-handed stroke at the once-restrained officer with his blade, the edge polished to a mirror's sheen.
    Ann: As the doors close and the elevator starts moving, the Reapers ears twitch slightly as the elevator music starts, the Reaper growling quizzically at Ann. "Oh, I know. I have no clue who thought it'd be a good idea."
    Rainfall: The Harpe tears through the man's neck, neatly decaptitating him.
    Rainfall: Three down, three left. The remaining SWAT members stand back to back, taking aim at each of the threats facing them.
    ***Simon only now notices the arrival of the newcomer, who had just blasted one of the SWAT team, downing him with a headshot. "Welcome back, about time!," he remarked, already making moves to dodge the flurry of bullets that was about to arrive.
    Rainfall: Bullets fly out, but the wolf shakes off the lead with a growl. They plink off of Simon, as he grins viciously. Devon, of course, simply steps out of the way, letting the bullets shatter a vase and the exit sign behind him.
    Ann: As the elevator dings, Ann steps in behind the Reaper, surveying the damage caused to the office. "Warzone indeed. Let them know we've arrived, don't want to get shot by accident." On cue, the Reaper walks out of the cramped space and straightens, letting out a large roar that drowns out the gunfire before wading into the office, scythe held two-handed.
    ***Simon neatly avoids the worst of the bullet hail, a few of the shots ripping through his coat, a little too close for comfort. Having built up momentum, he makes a leap directly at the officer shooting at him with the assault rifle, and brings the Harpe down upon him.
    Rainfall: The SWAT looks up in shock moments before he is neatly bisected by the gleaming blade.
    Devon: Devon creeps from cubicle to cubicle, closing the gap bit by bit. The SWAT keeps a bead on him, tracking his figure as he darts, waiting for the clean shot. Devon aims for the officers fellow squadmate, and the officer is about to take his shot when snarling draws his eyes right in a frozen panic. "Clever girl..."
    Ann: The Reaper thunders forward, scythe held to the side as Ann follows him into the fray, gripping her scalpel tightly. As the Reaper pulls back the scythe for the strike, Ann weaves out on his left side, aiming under the shoulder, knowing full well where the weak spots on a riot armor is, as she's had to study more than one scene with a dead SWAT officer.
    Devon: The wolf pounces upon the man as Devon takes his shot.
    Rainfall: Devon's shot tears through the SWATs breastplate as his wolf tears out the throat, knocking him to the ground. The Reaper simply impales its foe on the end of its scythe, reaching forward to take the man's dying soul. The sounds of gunfire slowly fade, and sirens can be heard from the street below.
    Ann: "You two okay?" Ann mutters as she directs the Reaper to keep an eye on the elevators.
    ***Simon whips the Harpe around, severing the several remaining grappling lines connecting the two buildings, before picking up and pocketing a few grenades off the body of the nearest SWAT officer. Picking up the case, he plucked out a piece of smoking grenade shrapnel lightly embedded into the leather. "I'm fine, but we need to get moving. Anyone have a place we can hide out at?"
    Devon: Devon stands up cautiously and after surveying the scene he turns to Ann and flashes a stupid grin, tipping his non-existent hat at her.
    ***Walker speeds back into the area, and pulls up next to the building, sticking his head out the window and listening for gunfire.
    Ann: "I suppose I could take you to my place, though it's a gigantic mess. Unless one of you has a better option. Plus there was that other guy, the shady looking one. He went off to get something I think."
    Rainfall: Cop cars surround the building, NYPD officers holding their guns drawn at the entrance.
    Rainfall: The sounds of gunfire have stopped, but smoke is still billowing out of hte window above.
    Devon: "I don't really have a place, but we could hide out nonetheless."
    ***Simon peeks outside the shattered windows at the car that just screeched to a halt. "It looks like our ride is here, and we need to make a hasty escape. Let's get moving!," Simon announced, crowding back into the elevator and thumbing the button for the lobby. "Inside, quick!"
    ***Devon makes debris-crunching steps as he approaches a blown out window, looking for further signs of authorities.
    Ann: "Time to go home," Ann mutters as she scratches the Reaper under the chin, his form slowly bleeding into the floor. "Let's go."
    Rainfall: Devon catches sight of the police surrounding the entrance.
    Devon: "Sounds good, but we may have to pull a fast one, NYPD are coming up."
    ***Simon waited in the elevator, returning his sword to the velvet-lined case and nervously held down the <-> button. "Hurry up!"
    ***Ann gets into the elevator, motioning for Devon to get his ass into gear post haste.
    ***Devon rushes to the elevator doors, turning about as he reaches them. Pulling his neckchain over his head he dangles it outstretched, a large coin hanging and twisting at the end of it.
    Devon: The wolf charges at it, and instead of playing some game and snatching it, it instead dives headfirst into it, a bright glow emanating as the lumbering form disappears.
    Devon: "Let's go," says Devon as he enters, pushing the close button.
    Simon: The elevator slowly creaked its way down. To pass the time, Simon whispered to the woman who commanded the rather intimidating reaper. "So, you know, Scions of Zeus have had a long history of compatibility with the daughters of the Pesedjet. Ever hear of Antony and Cleopatra?"
    Ann: "Didn't that thing turn out rather badly in the end?"
    ***Walker lets the car idle, and sits back to think. He's beginning to seriously consider blowing town... but no. That would get him into all sorts of shit with Dad. "Well, the shooting's done, so either they're all dead... or they're getting out. They must've seen the cops... hope they've got a plan."
    Simon: "We all can't live forever," Simon muttered, as the elevator finally reached the lobby, the bullet-riddled doors opening, police cars with their sirens whirling outside.
    Ann: "Technically, we can, but I suppose that's beside the point," Ann replied, grinning.
    Simon: "I've got a plan," Simon said, pushing his sunglasses closer to his face. Reaching into his jacket pocket, he pulled out one of the grenades he had found upstairs, this one marked with 'Mk. 1 Flashbang.'
    Simon: "Or you can make this a lot easier, Ms. Policewoman, and flash a badge."
    Simon: "It's up to you," Simon grinned, tossing the cylindrical grenade up and down.
    Ann: "For the umpteenth time, I'm not a cop. I'm a forensic investigator. God, why do people keep getting that wrong." Ann sighed and opened up her bag, pulling out her lab coat with the logo on it and putting it on. "This may or may not work. If anyone asks, you're my assistants. And you don't have guns. Or swords. And you didn't kill a floor worth of SWAT."
    Devon: Devon just grins. "Maybe we should just scatter and regroup later? I'm sure I could manage."
    Devon: "Ms. Official should be fine, isn't that right?" he looks to Ann.
    Simon: "Sounds good," Simon said, returning the grenade to his pocket, keeping his hand on the pin. "We'll stick with her plan, thank you very much. If anything goes wrong though, shut your eyes tight and make a break for the car."
    Devon: Devon smiles and motions after-you for Simon. "Fair enough, like I said I'm sure I can manage if it comes to that."
    Rainfall: The elevator dings and the doors slide open. The sound of someone using a bullhorn VERY vigorously echoes across the lobby. "COME OUT SLOWLY, HANDS WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM!"
    ***Ann takes the lead, flashing the guard behind the desk another smile as she walks out, hands held high.
    ***Simon copies Devon's motion in mocking mimicry, indicating that Ann should go first.
    Devon: Holstering his pistol and redonning the chain, Devon feels the outfit lacks the sort of credibility Ann could use but exudes confidence in his role anyways.
    ***Simon follows Ann out, one hand in a pocket with the other on the handle of the leather case, a charismatic smile on his face, trying to look as official as one can while wearing a sports coat with no shirt underneath.
    Rainfall: "Ann? What's going on up there?" One of the cops from earlier is on the line, and he instantly recognizes the gorgeous forensic investigator.
    Rainfall: "Stand down, guys! I know these people.!"
    Ann: "No idea. I was heading off for lunch with these two from the department when the hotel on the other side blew up. A bunch of SWAT showed up later, though they were acting very strange. I have no idea what happened up there, but it is a mess. Counted 6 bodies at least, possibly more."
    Simon: "There's our ride," Simon quietly mentioned to his newfound partners. Damon was standing next to the car, beyond the police cordon.
    Rainfall: "Is there anyone left up there, or should we move in?"
    Ann: "We didn't see anyone. Looks like they got out before we got there. Lots of strange wounds too. Canine bite marks among other things. I have no idea what happened up there to be honest."
    Ann: "I think it's clear though."
    Rainfall: The cops nod. "Alright, L.T, take a squad up!"
    Rainfall: A group of NYPD's brightest and best head into the building, the rest lower their weapons, relieved that there's no immediate danger.
    Ann: "Also, could you have the details of what happened here sent to me? There's something strange going on, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what."
    Rainfall: "you know it's breaking rules, but just for you, Ann." The man grins sheepishly.
    ***Simon takes his hand out of his pocket and off the pin of the grenade. "Nice job," Simon mentioned enthusiastically, guiding the slightly daffy gunman towards the waiting car, almost shoving him into the backseat.
    ***Ann flashes him a smile. "Let's go guys, looks like our ride is here. See the rest of you around."
    ***Walker watches the exchange, then gets back into the car and lets it idle, waiting for the others, shaking his head and laughing quietly to himself the whole time. 'Fate just loves us', he couldn't help but to think.
    ***Devon just shakes his head and laughs as they approach the vehicle.
    ***Simon climbs into the passenger seat and sits down, finally catching his breath after the long encounter. "I could use a goddamn shower," he mutters to no one in particular.
    Walker: "Welcome back, everybody. Your getaway car awaits. Anyone got a non-exploded place to talk?"
    ***Ann climbs into the back seat, sighing loudly. "Unless one of you have a better idea, let's head to my place. It's big enough at least, though messy."
    ***Walker put the car into gear, and threaded his way out of the clusterfuck of cops. "Hey, I barely know you, shouldn't we get a drink first or something?" He winked at her, but nontheless took her directions to get to her place.
    Simon: "Well, the lovely lady volunteered. Speaking of which, I never did get either of your names. Simon's mine. Simon Bradstreet," he said, peeking around the seat to face the two in the back.
    Ann: "There's a corner store on the first floor of my building. We can pick something up there. I actually feel like a need one."
    Ann: "Oh yeah. Ann. Ann Heckler. Not a cop," she says with a grin.
    ***Walker glanced in the mirror at Simon, and then glanced around for ninjas. Just in case. Seeing none, he went ahead. "I'm Walker."
    Devon: Smiling and twirling a finger salute as he bows forward, "Devon will do."
    Walker: "Anyone know where John's staying? I don't want to lose him."
    Simon: "Well, now that we all know eachother, We'd best be off. Guide the way, Anna."
    Ann: "It's an apartment over in Brooklyn."

Also, everyone welcome INeedNoSalt to the group! Loa all up ins!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    ALOHA.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    ALOHA.

God dammit Anna.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Okay my sheet is coming to fruition

Need to discuss some relics things with Rainfall I think (must have evil spirits)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So hard to do sheets on these forums, ugh.
    [html]Name: Kande Moreau
    Calling: Mean Nurse
    Nature: Libertine
    Pantheon: Loa
    God: Kalfu

Strength: 2
    Dexterity: 2
    Stamina: 3

Charisma: 4[1]
    Manipulation: 2
    Appearance: 3[1]

Perception: 3
    Intelligence: 5
    Wits: 3

Abilities (30/30)
    Academics: 2
    *Animal Ken: 1
    *Athletics: 2
    Awareness: 2
    Integrity: 2
    Larceny: 3
    Medicine: 3
    Melee: 3
    *Occult: 2
    *Presence: 4
    Science/Anat: 2
    *Stealth: 3
    *Survival: 3

Birthrights
    Followers: 3
    Relic (Shades): 2
    Relic (Knife): 3

Weapons
    KNIFE: +1 Acc, +4L, +1 Def, 4 Speed

Knacks
    Charisma 1: Benefit of the Doubt
    Appearance 1: Center of Attention

Boons (10/10)
    Hornet's Nest (Chaos 2)
    Night Eyes (Darkness 1)
    Rada's Eyes (Cheval 1)
    Petro's Hands (Cheval 2)
    Smoking Mirror (Moon 1)
    Magic Purview (Magic 2)
    The Unlidded Eye(Spell 1)*
    Evil Eye (Spell 2)*

*These spells come free with 2 dots in Magic purview.

Willpower: 5/5
    Legend: 3 (9)

Virtues
    Harmony: 3
    Order: 2
    Piety: 2
    Vengeance: 2

Soak: 3B/1L
    Armor: N/A
    Health: Like Normal

Bonus Points: 15/15 spent
    Legend 7
    Followers 4 2
    Relic 2 2
    Relic 2 2
    Presence 4 1
    Stealth 3 1[/html]

DVs:
    Dodge: 4
    Parry: 3

Birthrights:
    FOLLOWERS: Not unlike her sire, Kande brings with her wherever she goes a number of evil spirits. This birthright represents five evil spirits of moderate capability that Kande can call on to do her bidding.

SHADES: These dark-rimmed glasses operate in opposition to modern light-sensitive glasses. During the day, they appear as normal eyeglasses, and at night, the lenses darken into sunglasses. In either case, the relic has no influence on eyesight; however, they allow Kande access to the Darkness and Magic purviews.

A KNIFE: This knife, a very old hand-crafted hunting knife that has been the subject of great upkeep, is decorated with various dangling symbols and trinkets and is marked with veves of the Loa Kalfu and his followers. The knife allows Kande to access the Chaos purview, and can be used to summon her Spirit followers -- at either her own location, or the location of a subject under the effect of her Cheval.

14xp just laying around

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Game's coming up! Anyone can't make it, let me know.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I may or may not make it. My plane ride starts at 7 AM and ends at 7 PM, but I can't guarantee I'll have everything set up in time for the game. Depends on how things pan out after arrival.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Rainy, I really like your GM style a lot, and I think this is a pretty cool system.

But I don't know how often I can swing this now that I'm going to be running one of my forum games via IRC... one weekly IRL game and one weekly IRC game is as much as I think I can handle at the moment. :(

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Woe! Woe! Woe!

Fair enough, schedule issues make me not-be-in a lot of games that I wish I could be a part of. I hate to lose you, though.

Rainfall on