As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 4e] Paragon Paramilitaries

1235»

• LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh yeah, Ill set like 4 alarms for next week.

I guess you guys made it through alright without too much dying cause of my absence?

Lardalish on
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    No, i dropped some hit points one the monsters of the second fight and removed two of the lurkers from the first. It retrospect it was probably a little much. Especially when the monsters got really unlucky and Kuhl rolled something like 5 critical hits in a row[I am not even joking]

If you don't believe me that the fight will be hard, ask Aergi, he has seen what I have cooking.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That string of crits was ridiculous! Could maybe fill me in on what happened after I left? Sounds like it was pretty important.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We found this table made out of flesh, that worked kinda like Tom Riddle's diary. When we wrote on it, the words went away, and it wrote back. We answered some riddles for it, and it showed us Google Maps: Eberron. It pointed us to a room where nasty rituals are going down in 24 hours, and then asked for the files stored in another room. We ended the session in the process of loading file cabinets onto a floating disk to feed the flesh table with data.

Since the ritual thingy won't happen for 24 hours, some of us want to rest for a while, but others feel awesome and ready to bust down the door and kill bad things.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2008
    Erm. So, we're leaving our vacation house tomorrow, and they want us out by 11. So, I'll have to stop by then, if not sooner. Crap. Sorry, dudes.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2008
    NP. See you at 8.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I need to leave by 11 tomorrow as well - hopefully we will have wrapped up by then.

MythWeavers is currently down, hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow AM :o

fadingathedges on
    edited August 2008
    Ok, so I have 2 alarms set, on opposite sides of the room. One is a fully charged cell phone. It will take an act of God to keep me from the game this time.

Lardalish on
    edited August 2008
    Incidentally, I think I forgot a power on Pyrannor. You never replace utilities, right? I'm missing a level 2 if so. OK if I pick one?

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2008
    Yes

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    edited August 2008
    I will not be on vent till about 7:50, but rest assured i will be there

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    edited August 2008
    No worries.

So, did you see that thing I said about an act of god having to stop me? Well, apparently my power went out last night. If hadn't set my cell phone alarm also I would have missed the game. Someone up there does not want me playing D&D.

Lardalish on
    edited August 2008
    YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2008
    O.K. that wraps that up. You stopped the lich(for now), but all the guys died.

Things you didn't find out

Where the liches Phylactery was.

How to not kill all the people when ending the ritual

What happens when you kill all the people in the ritual

What the ritual actually did?(i think, might have learned that last week).

Also, there was a staff of power and mantle of the 7th wind on the body, but its not like you guys can use it.

Next time i won't overestimate players resiliency.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    edited August 2008
    Huh. What happened to the other guys?

And which body?

Also, hell yeah we're tough-asses.

EDIT: Basically, what happened?

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2008
    After people left we killed the lich, then we heard lots of tortured screaming and all those people in there had died. Then we figured out that the lich would have a phylactory and we left it there as a bit of a plot hook to be picked up later I guess. I assume the body means the lich, but it doesnt matter cause the games over.

Lardalish on
    edited August 2008
    Aw. So no dragonmark grenades for poor Pyrannor.

No further play for Pyrannor, either. That's a damn shame, I really liked him.

Incidentally, Vol couldn't have dodged that Sleep with Displacement, since it only applies to ranged or melee attacks. I was wondering about that. But it's not like it made a difference.

Goum, I hope you enjoyed GMing as much as I liked playing, and I await next week with baited breath.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Can you run another one? I so want in. Need high level stuff.

Goose! on
    edited August 2008
    The game i will be running is starting at low levels. Sorry.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png