As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick Ebay Question

Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
As a seller on Ebay, do you have to ship the item within a certain time, even if the buyer hasn't paid for the item yet? Or can you always wait until the item is paid for?

No I don't.
Death of Rats on

• Options
    GodmeatGodmeat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ship it after it's paid for. Also, make sure the payment has CLEARED before sending your item.

Godmeat on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    As a seller on eBay, you should only ship after payment has been received. The buyer has 3-7 days to pay, depending on the item (it's in the terms & faqs on eBay), and the seller should ship out I believe no more than 3 days after payment is received.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ALWAYS put the following in your auctions:

"Seller reserves the right to not ship the item until payment has cleared."

This keeps the stop-payment morons from scamming you, as well as throwing you a little recourse time if something's not right.

Same thing for Paypal- a week is usually long enough to make sure no monkey business has occured.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've never put anything in my auctions stating that I don't ship till payment clears. However, I won't accept anything but paypal. takes a lot of the risk out.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg