As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Official Cosplay (and Cool Gear) Thread <3

• tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't know about where you live, but there are quite a few Foam Shops up here.

tr0tsky on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Some craft stores have them, but if you have a Fred Meyer nearby, check the home improvement area (back by paint n stuff). It usually comes in long sheets, about 2" thick.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    Some craft stores have them, but if you have a Fred Meyer nearby, check the home improvement area (back by paint n stuff). It usually comes in long sheets, about 2" thick.

Baller, there is a Fred Meyer just up the road, like 2 minutes away!

Officer on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey cosplayers... Want a tease??? I just did a photoshoot on Friday in my complete outfit. I'M READY!
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3034/2752871762_8094616b8f_o.jpg

But.... your missing your your little balls.... all of them... :(

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    joanne fabric has big blocks of foam. big enough for hair!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • goddessofkatsgoddessofkats Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey cosplayers... Want a tease??? I just did a photoshoot on Friday in my complete outfit. I'M READY!

Yes, I know. I am hoping that going sans balls won't ruin the awesomeness of the outfit. I was thinking maybe ping pong balls or something, but I dont want to break this expensive suit.

goddessofkats on
    Kat ^..^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2008

Yes, I know. I am hoping that going sans balls won't ruin the awesomeness of the outfit. I was thinking maybe ping pong balls or something, but I dont want to break this expensive suit.

Gotcha. I just didn't know if it was something overlooked and figured I'd let ya know :)

Its very nice though! If I see you I want pictures! hehe

BrokenAngel on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

I think cloth balls would be easier to attach. Try finding some winter stocking caps with red or black balls on the top.

I have also seen scarves with little cloth balls on the ends.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited August 2008
    Quick blurry pic in the bathroom mirror. I'm not too upset that it's blurry though, since I'm fresh from the shower with wet hair/no makeup :P

2760749392_cf7bb259f3.jpg

Next step is printing tats (I'll be testing that this weekend) [strike]and making dog tags[/strike]..

Edit: Dog Tags achieved! Scissors and a soda can ftw.
    2760382461_7db96e5eaa_t.jpg

Liger on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    huh...that's gonna be a pretty good likeness, Liger. Especially with the tattoos. Next, I demand pics of Liger-soapy :winky:

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2008
    **Liger is now known as Liger-soapy

2760831794_0f207b3de0.jpg

Liger on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Lever is hawt.

Houn on
    edited August 2008
    What no wetriffs style guitar shot? ;P

BrokenAngel on
    edited August 2008
    I told you, that's not online anymore. :P

Liger on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have a prop pic!

It is my real ($40) working stethoscope sitting next to a super shitty prop I got a few days ago.
    IMG_0257.JPG

I have never used a real stethoscope on myself before. It is pretty cool. Not only can I hear my heart and junk, I
    can hear the flow of blood and stuff. It is neat. If anyone wants to try it out during the show just come see me
    while I am in costume. I will have sanitary wipes to wipe off the ear pieces with.

mentok1982 on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I have exactly that ducky :D

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited August 2008
    HotSake wrote: »

Me too. he is awesome

BrokenAngel on
  • WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so wait, are we building a Cosplay as Liger Thread???

**volunteers**

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
    edited August 2008
    I got a costume question. Can you dye fake facial hair? I'm 99% sure it's not made from real hair. If you can't use regular hair dye, what would you recommend?

Also, how would you recommend getting an embroidered name tag made fast? Like, before PAX fast.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I got a costume question. Can you dye fake facial hair? I'm 99% sure it's not made from real hair. If you can't use regular hair dye, what would you recommend?

Also, how would you recommend getting an embroidered name tag made fast? Like, before PAX fast.

If it's not human hair chances are it's animal hair, which should dye the same (I don't really know). My gf says that there are embroidered letters that you can sew on whole, supposedly at places like Joanne's Fabrics.

redhalo on
    edited August 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

If it's not human hair chances are it's animal hair, which should dye the same (I don't really know). My gf says that there are embroidered letters that you can sew on whole, supposedly at places like Joanne's Fabrics.

I may end up in a janky costume of my own, it seems.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Apparently no one wants to see HotSake in a costume...

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ugh, I'm pretty disappointed right now. The goggles I ordered for my Dr. Horrible cosplay might not arrive in time. The site I ordered from cancelled my order because the goggles they had in stock weren't the color of the ones I ordered. They didn't contact me to tell me my order was cancelled, and I just now replaced my order and am hoping it'll arrive in time >_>

Hammy on
  • ZephyrilZephyril Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hammy wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm pretty disappointed right now. The goggles I ordered for my Dr. Horrible cosplay might not arrive in time. The site I ordered from cancelled my order because the goggles they had in stock weren't the color of the ones I ordered. They didn't contact me to tell me my order was cancelled, and I just now replaced my order and am hoping it'll arrive in time >_>

Wow, crap, ouch seriously, I hope they DO arrive in time *fingers crossed*

Zephyril on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I figure it's time a reveal here

Costume: The Joker (A la Messr Ledger as other versions would take too much time to throw together) And yes, it's the Joker, he's all about fun and games.
    Events: Round the clock, Uncle Joker will be around to provide laughs to PAX
    Notes: What? The Joker is a past and future video game character (Look up Eidos' Arkham Asylum and tell me you do not want that). Will slide in and out of character on a whim. Should be with some other clowns including a DK-ized Harley. Photos and videos are always welcome, we'll want to leave you with a smile. :lol:

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited August 2008
    Matev wrote: »
    Should be with some other clowns including a DK-ized Harley. Photos and videos are always welcome, we'll want to leave you with a smile. :lol:

Your DarK Knight-ized Harley will not top goddessofkats classic Harley.
    The rest of my pictures can be seen at flickr.com/kamde!!!

Check out those pics if you dare!

mentok1982 on
    edited August 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Should be with some other clowns including a DK-ized Harley. Photos and videos are always welcome, we'll want to leave you with a smile. :lol:

Your DarK Knight-ized Harley will not top goddessofkats classic Harley.
    The rest of my pictures can be seen at flickr.com/kamde!!!

Check out those pics if you dare!

Now where did I say she would be better than gok? You presume that the little Harl tagging along with me is trying compete when she's just trying to be unique. For shame....*gasses.*

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited August 2008
    Now where did I say she would be better than gok? You presume that the little Harl tagging along with me is trying compete when she's just trying to be unique. For shame....*gasses.*

You did not say anything like that. I presumed nothing of the sort.

I was supporting the cosplaying prowess of goddesoffkats by expressing my belief that no Harley costume could
    out-do hers. I invite your "little" (is she a child or a short adult?) DK Harley to bring her A game.

My comment was meant to be in the following spirit (banter maybe?):

My daddy could beat up you daddy!
    Nuh uh!
    Uh huh! My daddy is stronger than 3 gorillas!
    Well my daddy is stronger than 2 rhinos!

mentok1982 on
    edited August 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »

You did not say anything like that. I presumed nothing of the sort.

I was supporting the cosplaying prowess of goddesoffkats by expressing my belief that no Harley costume could
    out-do hers. I invite your "little" (is she a child or a short adult?) DK Harley to bring her A game.

My comment was meant to be in the following spirit (banter maybe?):

My daddy could beat up you daddy!
    Nuh uh!
    Uh huh! My daddy is stronger than 3 gorillas!
    Well my daddy is stronger than 2 rhinos!

Well, she'll certainly do her best. Poor thing has a fragile ego so try not to taunt her too mercilessly (She's just barey an adult, could pass for a teenager quite easily if she wanted to.)

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    well, my costume is looking like it may not happen. I've already invested a lot of money into it, but things are starting to go south. first, my fabric is a little see through, not a lot, and i could probably just wear white under alls underneath and it wouldn't be much of an issue. also, my sewing pattern doesn't really tell me well how to make different sizes, and i'm a complete noob at this, and also my friend's dad who is supposed to do all the sewing says it could take him a few weeks to get around to it. pretty sad, considering i'm over $100 deep.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • paviecapavieca Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Me too. he is awesome

yup i have that duck 2. =)

pavieca on
  • oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    costume update::
    Lili (psychonauts)

wig : OBTAINED (requires styling)
    Shirt:: 50% done(took forever to figure out the layout of all the pieces)
    skirt:: 0% (still need pink)
    estimated total work time :: 5 hrs
    (this is turning out VERY well [proud] me and RAZ shall storm the halls!!!!!)
    (should have pics up soon)
    and btw, hancock fabrics has BLOCKS OF uhpholstery foam, I managed to make This out of it (and paint, and interfacing, and a handle from lowes..or was it home depot...)(me at sakura con, the hammer is what I was referring to)

oyasumidesu on
    edited August 2008
    costume update::
    Lili (psychonauts)

wig : OBTAINED (requires styling)
    Shirt:: 50% done(took forever to figure out the layout of all the pieces)
    skirt:: 0% (still need pink)
    estimated total work time :: 5 hrs
    (this is turning out VERY well [proud] me and RAZ shall storm the halls!!!!!)
    (should have pics up soon)
    and btw, hancock fabrics has BLOCKS OF uhpholstery foam, I managed to make This out of it (and paint, and interfacing, and a handle from lowes..or was it home depot...)(me at sakura con, the hammer is what I was referring to)
    Awesome in so many ways. If I was more prepared, I'd attempt a Raz cosplay. It's by far one of my most enjoyed games on PS2, especially for a 3D-platformer as I have trouble getting into them.

Hammy on
    edited August 2008

I have to know, where do you get a lab coat like Doctor Horrible's? I started looking frantically online for one, but I couldn't find one for the life of me. Where did/are you get/getting yours?

It's super hard to find a shoulder fastening full length lab coat that is as thick and sturdy as his is.

Also, I wish I was Neil Patrick Harris.

Officer on
    edited August 2008
    Officer wrote: »

I have to know, where do you get a lab coat like Doctor Horrible's? I started looking frantically online for one, but I couldn't find one for the life of me. Where did/are you get/getting yours?

It's super hard to find a shoulder fastening full length lab coat that is as thick and sturdy as his is.

scruffy.jpg

Seconded.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited August 2008

Unfortunately I couldn't find an exact one. It appears the coat they got was one they used for Firefly. So it's virtually impossible to find. I just used this one:
    http://www.buycostumes.com/Mad-Scientist-Adult-Costume/31798/ProductDetail.aspx
    I'm going to switch the buttons with white ones and shorten the coat. Best I can do.

Hammy on
    edited August 2008

Unfortunately I couldn't find an exact one. It appears the coat they got was one they used for Firefly. So it's virtually impossible to find. I just used this one:
    http://www.buycostumes.com/Mad-Scientist-Adult-Costume/31798/ProductDetail.aspx
    I'm going to switch the buttons with white ones and shorten the coat. Best I can do.

Oooo, nice find there! That is the closest thing to I've seen yet.

Yeah, with white buttons and a short-job, that would be BEAUTIFUL! Good one!

Officer on
    edited August 2008
    That sounds AWSOME!! ^_^ (referring to previous post(s)) and might I say officer.....REBOOT *tap tap* aaah, I LOVED that show...(still hope they are going to remake it like they said..)

oyasumidesu on
    edited August 2008
    That sounds AWSOME!! ^_^ (referring to previous post(s)) and might I say officer.....REBOOT *tap tap* aaah, I LOVED that show...(still hope they are going to remake it like they said..)
    Don't believe they were remaking it, but there was word of a movie. Not sure if it was supposed to be live-action or animated though. This whole thing might've been a rumor though, it was quite a few years ago.

Hammy on
    edited August 2008
    Don't believe they were remaking it, but there was word of a movie. Not sure if it was supposed to be live-action or animated though. This whole thing might've been a rumor though, it was quite a few years ago.

o.o...... T__________T DARN.....*cries* but movie sounds good ^_^ *wipes away tear* IF it is not a rumor, that is..... I remember reboot, and war planets...i recently saw war planets...not too good, the story/acting..as I remember.....(aaah, the good ol' days...my brother got a lava planet toy set....*reflecting on past*)
    any ways, CAN"T wait for PAX ^____^ *runs about the room like a crazy person in a pink pokadotted straight jacket*

oyasumidesu on
This discussion has been closed.