As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ottogi brand instant [chat]!

• Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    What was different about syndicate wars? I only played the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqO4iQCm8sM

ege02 on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So guys

Civ 4 or M:TW 2?
    Do you want an empire management game or a military tactics game?

Bama on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Church wrote: »
    Man, I suck at Street Fighter.
    Select the shoto, and then, select your stage.

I...

...What?

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I...

...What?
    It was a combination of a bad PA reference and a bad SF balance joke. Which SF are you playing?

Bama on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    ege02 wrote: »
    What was different about syndicate wars? I only played the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqO4iQCm8sM

Man I could stand to play that again. It's a shame that it's eye-gougingly difficult to get to run on modern systems.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I...

...What?
    It was a combination of a bad PA reference and a bad SF balance joke. Which SF are you playing?

Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

And I can not for the life of me figure out how to do Vega's Super Move. I just sort of gave up on it so now when my super meter fills up I just sort of ignore it. :|

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    James wrote: »
    Hi, [chat]!

I found some new work boots.

$95 shipped airmail in a week, steel-toe, and vegan to "boot".
    Did you see my hilarious play on words? Go look again.

What are you using them for?

I do landscaping.

TL DR on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    World annihilating sandwiches taste so much better, though.
    I assert that there is no way you can prove this.

No, but the principles are sound.
    What principles? You've just provided conjecture with no real argument to justify it! We were trying to have a serious discussion of the culinary effects of time travel and you just barged in and began spouting nonsense!

Just because you aren't willing to push the bounds of culinary science farther than they've ever been pushed before doesn't mean that the rest of us are so bound by false "justifications."

Kilroy on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My peanut-butter–and–jelly sandwich made a royal mess.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Hi, [chat]!

Vegan work boots? So, instead of using a nice renewable resource like leather, they use oil instead? Nice... :P

My moral framework crumbles under your textual assault!

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I went out and bought almost a whole new wardrobe in preparation for the excavation next week. I feel like I'm finally properly attired to punch Nazis.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I went out and bought almost a whole new wardrobe in preparation for the excavation next week. I feel like I'm finally properly attired to punch Nazis.
    ‘Please be very careful with your extraction, and clearly note each item’s grid location.’

‘Screw you, dig-Nazi!’

stilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    What the fuck. I can do all of Bryan Fury's 10-hit combos in Tekken but I can't do Vega's fucking Super Move.

I am inputting the commands. Just do your fucking Rolling Izuna Drop you retarded Spaniard.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008

What principles? You've just provided conjecture with no real argument to justify it! We were trying to have a serious discussion of the culinary effects of time travel and you just barged in and began spouting nonsense!

Just because you aren't willing to push the bounds of culinary science farther than they've ever been pushed before doesn't mean that the rest of us are so bound by false "justifications."
    But think of the costs! You don't know that the sandwich will be any better than a normal turkey sandwich, but you're prepared to risk our planet to find out? Your lust for a savory sub will doom us all!

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Corn thread is decidedly boring.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    What the fuck. I can do all of Bryan Fury's 10-hit combos in Tekken but I can't do Vega's fucking Super Move.

I am inputting the commands. Just do your fucking Rolling Izuna Drop you retarded Spaniard.
    See, you should be playing Tekken instead of SF anyway. Also give up on Vega; anybody that's afraid of a broken nose doesn't belong in a fighting tournament.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

But think of the costs! You don't know that the sandwich will be any better than a normal turkey sandwich, but you're prepared to risk our planet to find out? Your lust for a savory sub will doom us all!

Cowards! Fools! Always willing to talk, but never brave enough to actually put your lives on the line for science! Think of the knowledge to be gained! Think of it! What is this world, compared to the perfect turkey sandwich?!

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

See, you should be playing Tekken instead of SF anyway. Also give up on Vega; anybody that's afraid of a broken nose doesn't belong in a fighting tournament.

But I don't want to buy a PS3.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    stilist wrote: »

I wrote a research paper once about Mesoamerican maize iconography.

Corn itself is decidely boring.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    This world the only turkey-populated one we know of. Destroy it, and your meatless sub will be but a brief moment of joy before the cold of space refrigerates it forever.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I never want to be an archæologist.

stilist on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    James wrote: »
    Hi, [chat]!

What are you using them for?

I do landscaping.

So there isn't possibility of stepping on sharp object such as nails?

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

You can play tekken tag tournament on a ps2 and that's all anybody ever really needs. There's also Tekken 5 and... the expansion?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    m'nyuher

stilist on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hell, they still make Tekken games?

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

You can play tekken tag tournament on a ps2 and that's all anybody ever really needs. There's also Tekken 5 and... the expansion?

Yeah, I have Tekken 5: DR. But since Street Fighter IV is going to be on the 360 and Tekken 6 isn't, I decided to try Street Fighter.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Yeah the classes I had that focused on corn was sooo boring. zzzz

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I picked the most boring topic I could think of because I hated my professor and wanted him to suffer while he read my paper.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    maek poast make post

maik poste

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I picked the most boring topic I could think of because I hated my professor and wanted him to suffer while he read my paper.
    So a murder-suicide.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Cowards! Fools! Always willing to talk, but never brave enough to actually put your lives on the line for science! Think of the knowledge to be gained! Think of it! What is this world, compared to the perfect turkey sandwich?!
    It's a dead-end technology! Surely we can devise a way to sustainably create turkey sandwiches that are sub-optimal in ways that are imperceptible to humans. Your idealogical goals have clouded your better judgment and it has begun to endanger the entire project! At this stage of the game we can't have you risking all that we've worked for.

You've given me no choice. I've spoken with the board and they've decided to revoke your funding. They've already changed the access codes in the lab and security knows to be on the look-out for you. Furthermore your license will be revoked and you'll never be allowed to make sandwiches in any government sanctioned facility. It is our hope that without access to advanced cold cuts you can't continue your mad crusade.

I'm sorry, old friend.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

So a murder-suicide.

A murder/torture-suicide. Doesn't take nearly as long to read a paper as it does to write one, and it can take even less time to grade.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

It's a dead-end technology! Surely we can devise a way to sustainably create turkey sandwiches that are sub-optimal in ways that are imperceptible to humans. Your idealogical goals have clouded your better judgment and it has begun to endanger the entire project! At this stage of the game we can't have you risking all that we've worked for.

You've given me no choice. I've spoken with the board and they've decided to revoke your funding. They've already changed the access codes in the lab and security knows to be on the look-out for you. Furthermore your license will be revoked and you'll never be allowed to make sandwiches in any government sanctioned facility. It is our hope that without access to advanced cold cuts you can't continue your mad crusade.

I'm sorry, old friend.

I feel like I should report this for awesome.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It was always about the subs with you. That’s all you ever cared about.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Yeah, I have Tekken 5: DR. But since Street Fighter IV is going to be on the 360 and Tekken 6 isn't, I decided to try Street Fighter.
    Have you tried Virtua Fighter? It'll have you pulling your hair out too, but it probably won't be over unresponsive controls.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Have you tried Virtua Fighter? It'll have you pulling your hair out too, but it probably won't be over unresponsive controls.

Yes, and yes, it did.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2008
    Too Human's demo ended just as was getting a hang of the combat. Boo!

Fun, though.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I'm sorry, old friend.

I... I can't top this. You win, sir.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Way to be late, Alecthar.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008

So a murder-suicide.

A murder/torture-suicide. Doesn't take nearly as long to read a paper as it does to write one, and it can take even less time to grade.

Actually the research wasn't so bad. Ancient Mayan and Aztec myths and religious texts are quite fascinating.

Relating them to corn however, was a tedious task indeed.

Kilroy on
This discussion has been closed.