Why isn't there a Justice League thread?

123457

Posts

  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    bartblow.jpg

    Sars_Boy on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Young Justice was about seventeen times better than the current JLA.

    deadonthestreet on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Behold the forum that is never satisfied.

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Oberon311Oberon311 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Speaking of Young Justice, when will everyone else find out that Cassie is fucking nuts?

    I'm pretty sure Robin knows...He's just too preoccupied to call her on it, what with trying to get in her wonder pants and all...
    Plus, if you knew a girl who could bench press an airliner, would you wanna confront her on her mental instability?

    Oberon311 on
    Cap's dead. I'm with Ares.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oberon311 wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Speaking of Young Justice, when will everyone else find out that Cassie is fucking nuts?

    I'm pretty sure Robin knows...He's just preoccupied, what with trying to get in her wonder pants and all...

    He seems to share her insanity. Which is a plot point that irritates me to no end. They both know that Superboy was originally a clone and that caused him no end of grief. (Not to mention Match). Why would they try to do it again and expect anything but disaster?

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Oberon311Oberon311 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    As much as I thoroughly enjoyed Superboy's character (though it finally took Sam Loeb, may he rest in peace, to get his and Robin's witty banter spot on), if he didn't have enough foresight to disregard the laws of the space time continuum and look up how he died during his time with the Legion, he deserves to stay dead. He's fucking Superboy. What, is Karate Kid gonna stop him from looking it up in a library?

    Oberon311 on
    Cap's dead. I'm with Ares.
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA
    edited March 2007
    'no, superboy, you can't see how you die. because there's three of me, that's how. what are you going to do against three identical girls that can also fly, huh? and the fat kid made of rubber is right outside that door so you just better step away if you don't want to end up in supertraction'

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Oberon311 wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Speaking of Young Justice, when will everyone else find out that Cassie is fucking nuts?

    I'm pretty sure Robin knows...He's just preoccupied, what with trying to get in her wonder pants and all...

    He seems to share her insanity. Which is a plot point that irritates me to no end. They both know that Superboy was originally a clone and that caused him no end of grief. (Not to mention Match). Why would they try to do it again and expect anything but disaster?
    Plus that time they went to the future and met Future Evil Superboy, and Robin asked him "You aren't the Connor I know! What made you this way?"

    And Superboy all answered "You did!"

    Yes trying to clone him is a great fuckin' idea.

    deadonthestreet on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA
    edited March 2007
    let's see...

    i don't think i can think of a single time cloning has ended well



    ACTUALLY NOT TRUE

    a significant late-90s dc character got cloned a little over halfway through his series, but it was fine except that he lost all his tats
    starman!

    but that's the only time i think

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    HEY

    BEN REILY WAS A SAINT

    A SAINT

    Bloods End on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited March 2007
    god, the only good thing I can say about the last four years of dc is ''at least they haven't fucked with jack knight''

    Whippy on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    :|
    :|
    :|

    Bloods End on
  • Oberon311Oberon311 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    god, the only good thing I can say about the last four years of dc is ''at least they haven't fucked with jack knight''

    YET.

    Oberon311 on
    Cap's dead. I'm with Ares.
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Justice League of America #7 cover!

    JLA07_CVR.jpg

    Though Im not a huge Benes fan, I would like to see a poster made of this. Or even better, take out the Benes work and just use the background image.

    "Justice League: Through the Ages"

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That is really quite rad.

    Sars_Boy on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, I love Kevin Maguire's Martian Manhunter.

    Munch on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Justice League of America #7 cover!


    Though Im not a huge Benes fan, I would like to see a poster made of this. Or even better, take out the Benes work and just use the background image.

    "Justice League: Through the Ages"

    Where's Geo-Force?

    Garlic Bread on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Justice League of America #7 cover!


    Though Im not a huge Benes fan, I would like to see a poster made of this. Or even better, take out the Benes work and just use the background image.

    "Justice League: Through the Ages"

    Where's Geo-Force?

    he couldn't find anyone to take his shift at chik-fil-a

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Justice League of America #7 cover!


    Though Im not a huge Benes fan, I would like to see a poster made of this. Or even better, take out the Benes work and just use the background image.

    "Justice League: Through the Ages"

    Where's Geo-Force?

    I don't think he was ever announced as a full time Leaguer, possibly just a reserve member. Though I could be wrong.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Batman is in Supermans rightful place at the core of that picture. Plus both Bats and Supes have the exact same pose going on... are they offically married now or something? Are they gonna start running around wearing matching outfits?

    It is beautiful to behold all the same.

    Caveman Paws on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Well, after six issues, I finally get a "shit that was pretty cool" moment (aside from the Grundy returns moment a few months back.)

    Next issue is going to have the big debut of the new headquarters, which you can actually see in Green Lantern #17, along with J'onn, which leads me to believe he'll be joining up with the league again.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    god, the only good thing I can say about the last four years of dc is ''at least they haven't fucked with jack knight''

    Stop trolling my thread.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THAT TO HIM

    Bloods End on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I personally, enjoy having both my arms.

    projectmayhem on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I love how Batman always just looks pissed off.

    Bucketman on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THAT TO HIM

    Yes he does. The new Justice League is boss.

    Edit: Except for the decidedly un-boss #7.

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    At first I was like "Man, Black Canary as chairperson? That's weird." But then I thought about it and it makes sense

    It can't be one of the trinity because it's too obvious and also because of shit like Maxwell Lord's murder
    It can't be Hal because he's gone crazy and he's dumb and boring
    It can't be Vixen, Black Lightning, or Hawkgirl because "who the fuck are they"
    It can't be Red Tornado because he's a robot

    so, in conclusion, it's just part of their big Black Canary push they're doing

    (jokes, I love her)

    Garlic Bread on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Issue 7 was a queef and a half.

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User
    edited April 2007
    The photo at the end was nice, I guess

    Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I like the art.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And man, Black Canary?

    I suppose I like her as a character, but the new role just doesn't seem fitting.

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User
    edited April 2007
    I guess Im the only one that liked issue 7. Sentimental family crap gets to me some times. Plus...big round table! (JSofA has a bigger one..ha!)

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    JLofA fold-out < Batcave fold-out.

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    And man, Black Canary?

    I suppose I like her as a character, but the new role just doesn't seem fitting.

    Chairperson is a public relations job, for the most part. She's the only one on the team the public (in the DCU) wouldn't have any problem with.

    Garlic Bread on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Chairperson is a public relations job, for the most part. She's the only one on the team the public (in the DCU) wouldn't have any problem with.

    "Madame chairperson! Madame chairperson!"

    "Yes Miss Lane?"

    "I notice that I can see almost a full 90% of your ass in those fishnets! Would you categorize yourself as a fickle whore or wanton slut?"

    "I.. what?"

    "True or False: You've been making eyes at Superman all week!"

    "I don't really feel this is a constructive area of conversation.."

    "Yeah well don't for a second think you're anything but eyecandy you floozy! You know what kind of work I put into this relationship?! I had to wear a lead box on my head! The motherfucker spanked me! And not in the fun Batman and Robin way!"

    "Lois, first of all, you've just blown Superman's secret identity. Secondly, I had dinner with you like three nights ago! You said my pot roast was delicious!"

    Munch on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Man, Black Canary probably can't cook a roast. None of the liberated, self-sufficient women in fiction can.

    Trying to would probably culminate in HILARITY, though, and then Chinese take-out on the couch with feet on the table.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Zeromus wrote: »
    And man, Black Canary?

    I suppose I like her as a character, but the new role just doesn't seem fitting.

    Chairperson is a public relations job, for the most part. She's the only one on the team the public (in the DCU) wouldn't have any problem with.

    I suppose that makes sense. Even from that standpoint, though, why not Hawkgirl?

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Zeromus wrote: »
    And man, Black Canary?

    I suppose I like her as a character, but the new role just doesn't seem fitting.

    Chairperson is a public relations job, for the most part. She's the only one on the team the public (in the DCU) wouldn't have any problem with.

    I suppose that makes sense. Even from that standpoint, though, why not Hawkgirl?

    Thanagar

    Garlic Bread on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Zeromus wrote: »
    And man, Black Canary?

    I suppose I like her as a character, but the new role just doesn't seem fitting.

    Chairperson is a public relations job, for the most part. She's the only one on the team the public (in the DCU) wouldn't have any problem with.

    I suppose that makes sense. Even from that standpoint, though, why not Hawkgirl?

    Thanagar

    I think mankind in the DCU has grown accustomed to worse.

    But hey, they want to make a hooker the official spokesperson of the Justice League of America, more power to them.

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Zeromus wrote: »
    And man, Black Canary?

    I suppose I like her as a character, but the new role just doesn't seem fitting.

    Chairperson is a public relations job, for the most part. She's the only one on the team the public (in the DCU) wouldn't have any problem with.

    I suppose that makes sense. Even from that standpoint, though, why not Hawkgirl?

    Thanagar

    I think mankind in the DCU has grown accustomed to worse.

    But hey, they want to make a hooker the official spokesperson of the Justice League of America, more power to them.

    Yes, but a hooker who can kick your ass.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.