Options

PA Model UN- Signups (Currently 86 Members)

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    The first preambulatory clause of my resolution will be that the UN sucks balls.
    The second preambulatory clause of my resolution will be that the UN sucks dong.
    The third preambulatory clause of my resolution will have something to do with fucking the League of Nations all night long, seeing as the League of Nations is the mother of the United Nations.
    North Korea: Where trolling is in character.
    I see why you picked North Korea now.

That, and I am certain that one topic will eventually be about me.
    Suck on that, Canayda.

Go fook yourself, eh?

James on
  • Options
    I Am Not A BearI Am Not A Bear Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I expect Canada's support on this. Or will completely annex Vancouver. It's halway there anyways.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Quit shooting missiles over our islands, you fuckwads.

We were totally aiming for the whales in the spot we were shooting at.
    Totally. Fucking whales. Bears of the sea, I tell you.

Those are our whales. We need them to support our highly subsidized whaling industry. Go shoot whales somewhere else.

You are getting enough sushi from unsustainable fishing in the Meditteranean, go cry to someone who cares.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    James wrote: »
    Will we be able to create (alone or in coordination with other countries) and submit our own resolutions?

If so, would we be submitting them to the thread or to mtvcdm?
    If you wish to work with other members, do so, but I'd present the final version in the thread.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    At the last Model UN convention I was the DPR Congo and I wasn't nearly enough of a dick.
    I am making all of that back here. With interest.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I expect Canada's support on this. Or will completely annex Vancouver. It's halway there anyways.

We should make a resolution to erase North Korea from the map. We could just have a blank space, or a hole.

See how they like that.

James on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    I feel as though I'm in an awkward situation. If I... if I am less than concessionary on issues of commerce, am I just perpetuating stereotypes?

Also, assuming someone gets cheeky with me in session... calling them antisemitic is... well, I should probably avoid that, yes?

Man, being Israeli is hard sometimes. :(

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

We should make a resolution to erase North Korea from the map. We could just have a blank space, or a hole.

See how they like that.

Nuking North Korea is a violation of North Korea's national sovereignty!
    nye nye nye nye nye nye.
    How do you like that you spineless cuckholds?

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    UN Resolution 62/183: Suck a Dick, North Korea

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    Chake99Chake99 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    *agrees with the delegate from North Korea*

*offers to speak against the introduction of resolution 62/183*

and from now on can everyone sign their posts in this thread with their country? It will make it much easier to follow.

- Palestine

Chake99 on
    Hic Rhodus, Hic Salta.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Chake99 wrote: »

and from now on can everyone sign their posts in this thread with their country? It will make it much easier to follow.

- Palestine

Hey bro.

How you doing?

We cool, right?

Right?

thumbsup.jpg

-Israel

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Kim Jong Il's phallus is sixteen inches long. If anyone sucks Kim Jong Il's dong more than seven times they are granted eternal happiness in the afterlife. Which, of course, consists of sucking Kim Jong Il's dong.
    Seriously, there's a reason that North Korean schools search for the prettiest girls and train them to be members of Kim Jong Il's harem.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Give me all of your energy products, toot sweet!

-China

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    No we are not.

--Jordan

PS: This is not accurate.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

- Palestine
    Once we get started, I will ask that people come up with some way to show their represented country. Av up, sig up, sign posts, title up, location up, don't care.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    All of you guys need to chill...

-Jamaica

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Don't fucking talk to us about whales.

- Japan

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Buy sugar! Down with unfair farming subsidies (and by unfair, I mean not ours).

- Brazil

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2008

See how they like that.

nye nye nye nye nye nye.

I don't mean nuking you, or even attacking you in any way. We'll just pretend you're not there for laughs.

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Kim Jong Il's phallus is sixteen inches long. If anyone sucks Kim Jong Il's dong more than seven times they are granted eternal happiness in the afterlife. Which, of course, consists of sucking Kim Jong Il's dong.
    Seriously, there's a reason that North Korean schools search for the prettiest girls and train them to be members of Kim Jong Il's harem.

Because I can.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    JohnProctorJohnProctor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'll take Syria, assuming I don't need experience with Model UN.

Edit: So when is this starting?

JohnProctor on
    3dflags_syr0001-000ea.gif Syrian Delegation to PA United Nations
  • Options
    edited July 2008

See how they like that.

nye nye nye nye nye nye.

I don't mean nuking you, or even attacking you in any way. We'll just pretend you're not there for laughs.

Look, we have thousands of guns trained on Seoul and a really short attention span. You guys want us to be here whether you realize it or not.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'll take Syria, assuming you don; need experience.

Hey can you recommend some good hotels in Damascus? My uncles and brothers will need somewhere to stay.

-Israel

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

That's kind of how Syria operates in real life, so no worries.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Everyone, Tibet is just having a little tantrum, a tiff if you will. Ignore them, and it will go away. Also, our Olympics will be boss.

-China

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »

- Palestine
    Once we get started, I will ask that people come up with some way to show their represented country. Av up, sig up, sign posts, title up, location up, don't care.

?tfel ot thgir morf gnitirW

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    mtvcdm wrote:
    After a sufficient number of people sign-up here (or sign-ups dry up, whichever happens last), we'll start the actual Model UN.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hey U.S., you should vote for McCain, because you're neocons make us look good to the rest of the world!

-China

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Experience is not a requirement in the slightest.

Lot of key countries still out there. Among them: Mexico, Panama, Venezuela, Argentina, Norway, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Greece, all the Yugoslavian breakoffs, Egypt, Morocco, Kenya, DR Congo, Nigeria, Somalia, Ethiopia, Sudan, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Iraq, UAE, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, New Zealand.

Gosling on
  • Options
    JohnProctorJohnProctor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Syria - easiest RP ever :P

JohnProctor on
    3dflags_syr0001-000ea.gif Syrian Delegation to PA United Nations
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Syria - easiest RP ever :P

I bed to differ.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Someone take Argentina. I dare you.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    You can be an old befuddled man like McCain, but also know where the Nazi gold is!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    EpiphanyEpiphany Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I dont post much but would like to apply for the position of Kazakhstan mainly to make bad Borat jokes.

Epiphany on
    3DS Code- 4700-0094-6364
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    You can be an old befuddled man like McCain, but also know where the Nazi gold is!

Also, someone be Paraguay. I need a country to bully into giving me free hydropower.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Since Cuba has already been taken, I'd like to officially denounce the imperialist aggressors by calling dibs on Venezuela.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Chake99Chake99 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    I feel as though I'm in an awkward situation. If I... if I am less than concessionary on issues of commerce, am I just perpetuating stereotypes?

Also, assuming someone gets cheeky with me in session... calling them antisemitic is... well, I should probably avoid that, yes?

OOC: It sounds like you're missing the point a bit. You want to bring up at every opportunity possible that Iran's leaders deny the holocaust and would cause another one if they could, that the threat of radical islamists must be met head on. That every delegate for nations in the League of Arab states (all of which refuse to recognize Israel as a country) is a hateful bigot whose presence and speaking privileges in the assembly is offensive to anyone who stands against genocide.

On trade argue whatever is in your favour, like every other country.

IC:

The delegate from Palestine contends that Israel's latest comment is simply the latest salvo in a campaign more than 50 years old against the principles of the U.N. The Palestinian delegation demands that Israel acknowledges Palestine's right to self-determination, a right that has been affirmed through countless United Nations resolutions, and withdraw all troops to the borders decreed by U.N. resolution in 1947.

Anticipating unreasonable refusal the delegation from Palestine directs a point of order to the chair to censure the delegation from Israel for contempt of the assembly.

-- Palestine

(edit- yeah I'm aware it hasn't officially started, but, ya know...)

Chake99 on
    Hic Rhodus, Hic Salta.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Organichu wrote: »

OOC: It sounds like you're missing the point a bit. You want to bring up at every opportunity possible that Iran's leaders deny the holocaust and would cause another one if they could, that the threat of radical islamists must be met head on. That every delegate for nations in the League of Arab states (all of which refuse to recognize Israel as a country) is a hateful bigot whose presence and speaking privileges in the assembly is offensive to anyone who stands against genocide.

On trade argue whatever is in your favour, like every other country.

I feel like I'm really bad at humor in English. I was completely joking.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm game - I'll take Afghanistan, if I may.
    I just want to be first on the list :P
    But in all seriousness, I would like to represent Afghanistan

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    OOC: So, to brush up on etiquette! Since this is the signup thread I want to get form right here. ;)

Would I respond directly to Palestine's comments?

-Israel

Organichu on