Options

PA Model UN- Signups (Currently 86 Members)

• Options
    FarseerBaradasFarseerBaradas Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait, when did we start the next round of D&D Civ 4?

Guys, I have access to cow, but I need stone, whose willing to trade me stone for cow?

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    You know, Elldren, just an aside.

You got offed on Day 1 and you've still got your player sig?

I didn't use a sig before, and I'm lazy and haven't removed it.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ah.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    You know, Elldren, just an aside.

You got offed on Day 1 and you've still got your player sig?

I didn't use a sig before, and I'm lazy and haven't removed it.

You could change it to something Brazilian.

James on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Like a model.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Like a model.

Yes, like a model.

James on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well, maybe that could be a solution to our who's-who problem. Take your delegation flag, dump it somewhere in your sig. Elki sticks South Africa's flag somewhere in his sig, elldren sticks Brazil's flag down there, etc.

I may need to find a UN flag to stick down there.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    FarseerBaradasFarseerBaradas Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Welp, that was easy.

And if you want a UN flag here united-nations.gif.

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    http://3dflags.com/index.html

Will work for... pretty much everyone but me. 3D animation, yet. Set to 'medium' or 'small' and you're all set. Here you go, Mr. Western Sahara!

3dflags_esh0001-0002a.gif

EDIT: Mine won't be as pretty coming from elsewhere, but it works. Haven't measured it to see if it's too tall, though.

un-flag1-s.gif

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    James wrote: »
    Like a model.

Yes, like a model.

I'm tempted to use this
    bunda_brasileira-3703.jpg

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Black backgrounds seem to work best on our color scheme.

James on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    A'ight.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well I mean you don't have to use black. It just sticks out less than white.

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well yes I was doing it because after checking, you were right and it does look better. I didn't change because Canada told me to.

For serious, if we own America and America owns Canada...

:winky:

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    Well yes I was doing it because after checking, you were right and it does look better. I didn't change because Canada told me to.

For serious, if we own America and America owns Canada...

I'm just being courteous. As a Canadian, I have to be, by law.

"This man was arrested for putting regular gas into an unleaded tank."

"This man was arrested for being in too many bad moods."

James on
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    LightRider - Mexico

I'm gonna have to start making tortillas...

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I strenuously object to your production of this unleavened emulation and consider it an affront to the Jewish people. This will not go unnoticed. :x

Organichu on
  • Options
    LightsOutLightsOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LightsOut - Dominican Republic

Greatest export: Baseball players

LightsOut on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I need an image hosting solution.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Photobucket.

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Anyone else seeing bayimg.com down? Thats where I do my hosting generally.

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    LightRider wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing bayimg.com down? Thats where I do my hosting generally.

It's down for me.

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Photobucket.

They want a cell number? WTF

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Photobucket.

They want a cell number? WTF

What are you talking about?

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I strenuously object to your production of this unleavened emulation and consider it an affront to the Jewish people. This will not go unnoticed. :x
    Rest assured, our Jewish colleagues, that we mean no disrespect. As a nation of mostly proud Catholics, we mean no harm to you or your faith. I am certain that we will work together to meet the needs of our people, and not get bogged down in strongly held yet irrelevant articles of faith.

We would also like to invite you over for pork ribs later tonight!

-Mexico

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Rest assured, our Jewish colleagues, that we mean no disrespect. As a nation of mostly proud Catholics, we mean no harm to you or your faith. I am certain that we will work together to meet the needs of our people, and not get bogged down in strongly held yet irrelevant articles of faith.

Israel accepts this gracious clarification. We too strive for a world in which a multitude of faiths coexist without any predatory motivations.

Absolutely not! It is טְרֵפָה (treif)! I am insulted by the very suggestion.
    PM me directions. Wet, please- rubs are for pussies.

-Israel

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Absolutely not! It is טְרֵפָה (treif)! I am insulted by the very suggestion.
    PM me directions. Wet, please- rubs are for pussies.

-Israel

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The nation of Lebanon has scoured the globe and requested Lady Eri be their Legate to the UN

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So, I'll need to become buddybuddy with Canada and the US, seeing as how I'm doing a lot of your manufacturing now...

And apparently, we're slowly taking the entirety of North America.

Also, I know of no woman more beautiful, sexy, funny and smart as Salma Hayek.

That's right! Hecho en Mexico! (Made in Mexico in gringo-speak.)

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So, I'll need to become buddybuddy with Canada and the US, seeing as how I'm doing a lot of your manufacturing now...

That would be me and visiblehowl.

Hail NAFTA?

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    THE LEBANANESE DELEGATION OPPOSES NAFTA.

This is going to be a horrible experience for everyone involved

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Lady Eri wrote: »

The Brazilian delegation supports their Lebanese colleague.
    Because the Lebanese immigrant community makes us

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Say US, what's all this I'm hearing about re-negotiating NAFTA anyway? Haven't you liked how our deals have economically devastated your people and concentrated the wealth even further here?

We'll keep an ear out about that.

Canada: You don't have that much to worry about, we don't like the cold...yet.

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    A question borne of completely benign intentions from the State of Israel to the Republic of Lebanon: how does Nasrallah's dick taste?

You may submit the answer in written or verbal form.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

But you aren't even affected by NAFTA!

If anything it'll help your country considering the amount of aid we give you.

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    A question borne of completely benign intentions from the State of Israel to the Republic of Lebanon: how does Nasrallah's dick taste?

Considering the government I represent is composed of Sunni Muslims, Christian Maronites, and the Druze, I would say that your unprovoked bombing of civilian Lebanese infrastructure has created a situation where Nasrallah will be able to cockslap you for impunity for decades to come. Your inability to remove him, and instead bomb an orphange during your sorry excuse for a war two years ago indicates that Israel no longer has the competency to remain sovereign and self-governing.

The Lebanese people support a UN intervention into Israel to ensure a lasting peace.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Considering the government I represent is composed of Sunni Muslims, Christian Maronites, and the Druze, I would say that your unprovoked bombing of civilian Lebanese infrastructure has created a situation where Nasrallah will be able to cockslap you for impunity for decades to come. Your inability to remove him, and instead bomb an orphange during your sorry excuse for a war two years ago indicates that Israel no longer has the competency to remain sovereign and self-governing.

The Lebanese people support a UN intervention into Israel to ensure a lasting peace.

This proposal is ludicrous. The UN is intended to be an international body representing- and mediating- the interests of the various compliant parties throughout the planet. The representative from Lebanon would have you believe that the demographic variance of her country is in some way worthwhile to mention as a political talking point. However she conveniently omits that every single party she lists as the 'composition of Lebanon' are also represented in Israel in both the private and the public sector. She speaks purely for effect, playing on dramatic effect in an effort to circumvent the facts. The facts are as follows, esteemed peers:

a.) Despite the infamous and fatuously untrue claims of the Lebanese representative, Israel's conduct in the recent conflict was far, far more humane than she'd like to admit. Since the summer of 2006 we have endured worldwide jeers about the ineptness of our forces. We have been called poor fighters and cowards who fight from the canards of jets. The Representative chose not to stress the fact that we withdrew from Lebanon. One would wonder why we took that course of action, considering we were not exactly losing men by the million. I think it clear that the Republic of Lebanon merely wants to conceal the simple truth: we withdrew because we knew we could win the war but only at a tremendous cost to humanity. We have heard of the valiance of Hezbollah and how these mountain fighters bogged down the greatest urban army in modern times. We have not heard that Hezbollah's backbone would be smashed and that Beirut would be dust if not for the clemency of Israel. Despite the great insult and the loss of Israeli life we faced that predicated this entire course of events, we chose to elevate ourselves. Israel is a nation that is in her relative infancy not yet prepared to destroy an entire country for the actions of an incompetent administration and its unruly paramilitary arm. A simple and concise reminder will serve, I hope, that such compassion will not persevere if we feel that our way of life omes under signficiant threat.

a.) Lebanon has erroneously placed itself in a position where it can not control its own politico-military factions. You will note that every incursion into Lebanon was staged by Israeli troops answerable to Israel, and that every bomb dropped on Beirut bore clearly the insignia of Israel, and that every detention center in Southern Lebanon was manned by Israeli troops accountable to Israeli internal affairs. Despite these successful efforts by Israel to provide a transparent and unified base of action for all its interactions with the Republic of Lebanon we have encountered nothing of the like. We have faced fragmented discussions at the table. We have fought sectarian and muddled factions at Beaufort and all the way through the passes. In recent years we have encountered a plethora of interests and we frankly are unsure of the utility of discussing these matters with Lebanon- to what end can we speak with a Chimera? With which pair of eyes do we maintain contact? Who controls your your airports, Ms. Representative? Who speaks for your military intentions? Were Israel prepared to make a just peace, to whom should we make the call? You advocate the dissolution of Israel because it no longer has the competency to remain sovereign and self-governing. As those words cross your lips, Lebanon is more a series of self-aggrandizing tribes than a twenty first century nation.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well I was certainly not expecting that.

We haven't started yet.

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It's the 5 am jitters and me trying to practice. Pretty much everyone hates me. God, this is going to suck. Just trying to get in character.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think Israel and Lebanon need to settle down.

If they are unable to maintain peace, the United Nations will undoubtedly intervene.

James on