Options

PA Model UN- Signups (Currently 86 Members)

• Options
    MadnessBAMadnessBA Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Friends, please, let us repair our relationship. We should all be united behind our common hatred of the gypsy. They are stealing our children and building large and grotesque houses.

Please lay down you anger and join me in my crusade agaisn't the damn Romani.

-Italy
    Also, would anyone like some cocaine? I mean stuffed animals... Did I say cocaine?

MadnessBA on
  • Options
    MusiquaMusiqua Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    The Honourable Delegate From Australia wishes to address the people:

Great and noble countries...

Now is the winter of our discontent

Also, would Isreal, the United States, and Canada like to be my top friends?

Edit: Also Sweden, your Women are beautiful, we would like to extend the hand of friendship

Okay. I would suggest adding UK, NZ, and Germany to our group.

Spawn of my nations haphazard empire building, the UK will always back up anglophone commonwealth nations.

Ahem.

-Jamaica

So USA, UK, NZ, Germany, Israel and Canada, if you want, get on this here wagon of rigtheousness

Edit: And Sweden, but you must bring your women

I now realize what my greatest bargaining chip in this thing will be.

-- Sweden

Musiqua on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I will have that, yes.

Anyone want some maple syrup or poutine?

-Canada

Would anyone care for a nice tall glass of crude oil?

America, if you buy 3 gallons, I'll ship a 4th gallon free to a poor American family to point out the inherent flaws in your capitalist system.

- Venezuela

P.S. Yo, what up, Canada?

Lawndart on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lawndart wrote: »

Hey, would you be interested in doing some trade and preserving indigenous communities this Friday?

James on
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Evigilant - Philippines

I'm half-filipino and half-german, but I see someone already took germany (Damn you). If someone else would like the Philippines (god knows why), I'll concede it.

If not the PI, then how about South Korea?

Evigilant on
    XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hey is Indonesia taken yet? I'm totally up for being the West's cool Muslim friend!

Dis' on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Russia would like to take this opportunity to comdemn the West and NATO.

Fie!

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MrMonroe - Iraq

I can't believe no one has called it yet. I guess I will be playing the part of Ambassador Hamid Al Bayati.

Edit: your World Factbook link in the OP is busted: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The body currently stands at 43 member nations.

AMONG BEST AVAILABLE:
    Costa Rica, Panama, Argentina, Portugal, Spain, Norway, Netherlands, Vatican City, Austria, Greece, Ukraine, Morocco, Western Sahara, Nigeria, DR Congo, Kenya, Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Turkey, Armenia, UAE, Kuwait, Nepal, Myanmar, Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Tuvalu.

What's Tuvalu doing there? They stand to get pretty much flooded out of existence as a consequence of global warming. Them and the Maldives.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gotta head out but I'd like to throw my hat into the ring as the Republic of Korea.

Valkun - Republic of Korea

If it's already taken, just add me to the list for it.

Valkun on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Denmark, because we're a tiny agricultural nation who think we're hot shit on the international scene.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I will have that, yes.

-Canada

America, if you buy 3 gallons, I'll ship a 4th gallon free to a poor American family to point out the inherent flaws in your capitalist system.

- Venezuela

What is this foolishness? Giving crude away for free? Nonsense.

- Saudi Arabia

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The Sovereign Nation of Iraq would like to take this opportunity to reaffirm it's solidarity with our fellow OPEC nations, (currently composed of ourselves, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela, but LFM: Algeria, Ecuador, UAE and DPS) and would like to remind the rest of the world that if you dick with one of us, you dick with all of us.

Drive safe!

Also, I would like to point out that I am in agreement with the honorable delegate from Saudi Arabia in his comment that giving away oil is retarded.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I will have that, yes.

-Canada

- Venezuela

Hey, why don't you sell to us? We're not Capitalist Pigs.

-China

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I will have that, yes.

-Canada

- Venezuela

-China

OOC - No, just your aristocracy is. Whoops...

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I WOULD LIKE TO NOMINATE MYSELF TO THE POSITION OF CHAIRMAN OF THE SECURITY COUNCIL. MY COUNTRY IS THE GATEWAY FROM THE EAST TO WEST AND... vice-versa I guess... AND AS SUCH, I AM THE LINCHPIN OF STABILITY WITHIN THE REGION.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    CasperCasper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I know I am fairly unkown but could I be Kuwait.

I have a fairly good grasp of their culture (I have lived in Iraq and Kuwait for a number of years)

Casper on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'LL ALLOW IT.

Malkor on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I will have that, yes.

-Canada

- Venezuela

-China

OOC - No, just your aristocracy is. Whoops...
    Yes, well, when interacting with the outside world, a merchant class is inevitable, so as long as they are loyal party members, it's all right.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Holy See hath decreed that I shalt be thy ambassador from Vatican City.

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Casper wrote: »
    I know I am fairly unkown but could I be Kuwait.

I have a fairly good grasp of their culture (I have lived in Iraq and Kuwait for a number of years)
    Count you as a native then.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dibs Austria.

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The core of the Middle East- Shitstorm Town- is pretty much gone. What's left is Turkey, anyone that wants to mix it up with Malkor, or the nations at the rim of the peninsula- Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Oman and Yemen.

Gosling on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Sovereign Nation of Iraq would like to take this opportunity to reaffirm it's solidarity with our fellow OPEC nations, (currently composed of ourselves, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela, but LFM: Algeria, Ecuador, UAE and DPS) and would like to remind the rest of the world that if you dick with one of us, you dick with all of us.

Drive safe!

Also, I would like to point out that I am in agreement with the honorable delegate from Saudi Arabia in his comment that giving away oil is retarded.

(secret OPEC fist-bump)

Psst...we're giving away some cheap heating oil to make Bush look like a douchebag.

And, uh, to maybe try and keep them from bombing us. Not that the government of Iraq would have any recent personal experience with that, of course.

- Venezuela

Lawndart on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Drive safe!

(secret OPEC fist-bump)

Psst...we're giving away some cheap heating oil to make Bush look like a douchebag.

And, uh, to maybe try and keep them from bombing us. Not that the government of Iraq would have any recent personal experience with that, of course.

- Venezuela

They wouldn't dare....

Would they?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sanctus Animadverto summitto ut sequens res exsisto per Latin neque nec English.

Translated: The Holy See would like to submit that the following proceedings take place in Latin instead of English.

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2008
    Hey Organichu - just as a friendly notice, we're going to drive your filthy ape people into the sea and then desecrate the remains of your ancestors before turning your land into a glorious Allah-fearing Palestinian state.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sanctus Animadverto summitto ut sequens res exsisto per Latin neque nec English.

Translated: The Holy See would like to submit that the following proceedings take place in Latin instead of English.

The reformation was 500 years ago.

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Hey Organichu - just as a friendly notice, we're going to drive your filthy ape people into the sea and then desecrate the remains of your ancestors before turning your land into a glorious Allah-fearing Palestinian state.
    ORGANICHU, I WILL TAKE MONEY IN EXCHANGE FOR HELPING TO HAMMER A PEACE DEAL WITH YOU AND MY MOST GLORIOUS NEIGHBOR IRAN.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Won't be processing anything else for a little while.

Captain Planet Phalla nears its end. One way or another, this game will end today.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    His holiness expresses a profound and total respect for all Muslim nations but also recognizes that they they need to back the fuck off Israel or we will work together with them to call down the wrath of Old Testament God to smite the shit out of you in nomine, et fili, et spiritu sancti.

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Ahhh... much better. Pudgy man in my sig now.

Edit, wait, what? Why does it only show up one one of my posts on p.14?

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2008
    Dunno if anyone's mentioned this yet, but I think it would be helpful if participants put the name of their country in their title - "Ambassador of XXXXX" or something.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    THE UN IS A SECULAR BODY SIR. YOU LEAVE 'god' OUT OF THIS AND WE WILL LEAVE 'allah' OUT AS WELL.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dearest Brother Iraq,

As a representative of Kuwait I would like to discuss a trade proposal involving your Kirkuk oil field (as well as minor other field with high levels of sulfur dioxide) and various processing plants that we could provide in return for a minor percentage of the profits. We would also like to discuss your upcoming SOFA agreement with the United States.

As Allah wills,
    Kuwait

Casper on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Allah is in all things. Allah is all things.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID YOUR HOLLYNESS?

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dear Fellow Islamic States,

Would you like to TP Israel's house tonight?

[ ] Yes
    [ ] No

Love,
    Iran

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Azerbaijan as a primarily Islamic state I am embarrassed that you would try to separate Allah's will from your daily tasks.

Casper on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    THE INFLUENCES OF COMMUNISM ARE HARD TO SHAKE OFF.

Malkor on