As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Model UN- General Assembly (Currently 87 Members)

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Argentina moves that the Dance Off shall include the tango.

Brazil moves that Argentina stinks and is ugly.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Jamaica would like it to be noted that its opposition to aforementioned amendment is not a deal breaker, and if said amendment should pass, it would be met with no active opposition from our island.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Liechtenstein humbly asserts that no it's vote is not for sale and if you would like to discuss this further is willing to hold discussions about that subject.

In private.

Pending credit authorization.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Elldren wrote: »

Argentina asserts that Brazil is homosexual.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Brazil supports an amendment to increase the number of simultaneous resolutions under consideration to 5, so that the delegation doesn't have to wait several days before something interesting happens.
    The Secretary General advises Brazil to eat me.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Argentina asserts that Brazil is stupid.

Brazil moves that Argentina should watch more Futurama.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Jamaica would like it to be noted that its opposition to aforementioned amendment is not a deal breaker, and if said amendment should pass, it would be met with no active opposition from our island.

Yo Jamaica, you got some weed?

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Brazil supports an amendment to increase the number of simultaneous resolutions under consideration to 5, so that the delegation doesn't have to wait several days before something interesting happens.

This is a bad idea. We'll potentially have 62 countries arguing over 5 topics in the same thread. I don't think mtvcdm could handle it, either.

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    James wrote: »

This is a bad idea. We'll potentially have 62 countries arguing over 5 topics in the same thread. I don't think mtvcdm could handle it, either.

Shh, I'm trying to make 2 appear to be the compromise position.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Yo Jamaica, you got some weed?

The honorable delegation from Jamaica protests at the vulgar assumption that we would pander our island's sacred herb before the whole assembly like a common thug.
    Meet me out back in ten minutes. I'll hook you up with some shit that could make Bob Marley fly.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The delegation from the Great and Sovereign state of Iraq has spent the evening drinking at a friend's birthday party and missed the first four pages but is totally stoked that his ideas regarding etiquette and protocol were incorporated into the rule system. Dr. Hamid Al-Bayati will be back tomorrow morning to review current debate when he is less drunk.

PAUNGA fo lif3!

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    FarseerBaradasFarseerBaradas Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kagera wrote: »
    Liechtenstein humbly asserts that no it's vote is not for sale and if you would like to discuss this further is willing to hold discussions about that subject.

In private.

Hey, the pound sterling is worth even more then the euro.

We are also one the five largest economies in the world.

Not that I'm implying anything.

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    James wrote: »

Shh, I'm trying to make 2 appear to be the compromise position.
    2 is the number adopted by Azerbaijan.

I do, however, reserve the right to send it right back to 1 if I find I'm too far in the weeds.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

In private.

How many rich, famous, and royal people -plus trophy wives with perfect teeth- do you have per capita?

moniker on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bonjour delegates, The French Republic would vote for the resolution proposed by Azerbaijan, as amended by Canada and Russia.

Unless I am preoccupied with more important things, such as eating crêpes.

Also, The French Republic will update their signature with an animated flag when not at work and able to access photobucket (the t, of course, is silent.)

Adieu

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

In private.

So give us the fucking Falklands back.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

In private.

So give us the fucking Falklands back.

Fuck off, we've had them for like a million billion years.

And we don't want a repeat of that time we sent in a carrier to fuck up your shit, now do we?

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    The proud nation of Mexico supports the current resolution and amendments, despite the fact that the previously recommended color scheme is not being used.

Viva Mexico!

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    LightRider wrote: »
    The proud nation of Mexico supports the current resolution and amendments, despite the fact that the previously recommended color scheme is not being used.

Viva Mexico!

Que pasa, vato! Como estas?

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    LightsOutLightsOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Representative from Jamaica moves that the amendment upping the number of debated resolutions from one to two be struck from the resolution, in the belief that two proposals may cause too much clutter and stress, as well as interfering with the vibrations of the room.

Jamaica supports all other amendments to the resolution.

The Representative from the Dominican Republic agrees with Jamaica. All attention should be given to one resolution at a time. Nevertheless, I support all other amendments.

LightsOut on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ... you know what, fuck it, I'm just gonna strike it myself. I'm not confident enough in my ability to juggle two resolutions at once.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    LightsOut wrote: »
    The Representative from Jamaica moves that the amendment upping the number of debated resolutions from one to two be struck from the resolution, in the belief that two proposals may cause too much clutter and stress, as well as interfering with the vibrations of the room.

The Representative from the Dominican Republic agrees with Jamaica. All attention should be given to one resolution at a time. Nevertheless, I support all other amendments.

CARICOM fo' life!

Kilroy on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    ... you know what, fuck it, I'm just gonna strike it myself. I'm not confident enough in my ability to juggle two resolutions at once.
    How 'bout it stays at one until we hammer out the rules and such and put them into practice for a few days. We could always amend it to two later right?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Okay. Now, as for Canada and Russia... accept or reject?

Gosling on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    Okay, the amendments I count are:

CANADA
    Amendment 1:
    *Voting begins when all states have used up their words or 24 hours has passed, whichever comes first. (This changes it from "reasonable amount of time" to a set time limit. 24 hours should let people from all time zones get their say in, especially after the 12 hour yield period. If 24 hours is too short, Azerbaijan is free to decline.)

Amendment 2:
    *"YES" votes should be bolded in lime, and that "NO" votes should be bolded in red. (This makes votes easier to count.)

RUSSIA
    Yielding time should be decided on a case by case basis by the Secretary General (e.g. Resolution: Kittens are Cute might get a reduced yielding time, while Resolution: What to do with Israel might get an extended time).

Azerbaijan, your call.

I wholeheartedly accept these amendments.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    LightsOutLightsOut Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    LightsOut wrote: »

CARICOM fo' life!

Fo' sho

Our victory calls for celebration. Let's roll up a fat...uh, bottle of wine.

LightsOut on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    move to vote.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Lemme roll 'em in. Our amended resolution:

*Anyone may submit a resolution, which then must be seconded by five people. First to five is the one we work on.
    *Once the nature of debate is agreed to, directly affected parties are alloted 300 words to state their case, and all other parties 100 words.
    *Parties may then yield their words to other parties as they see fit for a period of time determined by the Secretary General on a case-by-case basis. More yielding time will be given to more serious issues.
    *After the yielding period has ended, all parties with time may begin to argue using whatever time they have been allotted.
    *During arguing time, other parties may propose amendments, to be adopted or rejected by the proposing party. Other delegates may not debate them, but may express in what way, if any, the amendment will affect their vote.
    *Once words have expired or 24 hours have passed (whichever occurs first), voting will take place for a period of 18 hours. Majority rules. Yes in lime, no in red.

Do I have any further amendments or are we good to vote?

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    1 motion to vote. Need four more.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Motion to vote on the proposal.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    South Korea thirds the motion to vote.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Brazil supports the motion to vote.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Her Majesties representative motions to vote!

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Motion for the proposal as amended to be voted upon by the assembly at large.

With blackjack. and hookers

moniker on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    vote YEA

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    That's five. Six, in fact.

We will now vote on Resolution #1. A majority of all voting is required to pass. This will be an 18-hour vote. (Or until we get a clear majority of all members period, which at this moment would be 32 out of 63, and it's painfully obvious the result isn't about to change. 18 hours from now would put vote close during my shift at work.)

I'll count Finland's yes.

Gosling on
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yea

thanimations on
  • Options
    TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yes

Also, does any other county in here actually believe that we have Kangaroos as pets?

TrueHereticX on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    YEA

And with that, the honorable delegation from Jamaica retires for the evening.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I vote Yea on this proposal.

moniker on