As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW Chat and General Questions Thread

• DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »
    I wonder if people will be as obnoxious with achievements as they are with gear.

Silly Seg. The question is not IF they will be obnoxious. The question will be which achievements they will be obnoxious about, and how obnoxious...

Considering that the loot linking in my guild is getting so bad that I have considered leaving it, which would probably lead to me disabling my account, I am wondering if the achievements will be the straw that breaks my back.

Find a new guild. Seriously, there are actually guilds out there that both pvp and pve that don't spam loot link and talk about their WoW characters all day.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Taking a pretty liberal guess: only 25% of these will have unique icons.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Getting to exalted with every faction is impossible, because some factions are opposed to each other.

I don't care so much about that as whether boss kill achievements will be retroactive. They better be.

I took it as "All factions will have their own personal exalted achievement" So while you wouldn't be able to get every achievement in this catagory (Unless you built one up, and then switch sides ala Aldor/Scryers)

Also, I think these achievements are just for Wrath stuff.. No achievements for killing bosses or getting faction in Old World or Outland

Undead Scottsman on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    We had a guy who linked all of his paladin's gear at the mere mention of paladin tanking. He was gone so fast.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited July 2008
    Also, I think these achievements are just for Wrath stuff.. No achievements for killing bosses or getting faction in Old World or Outland

I believe they have separate types of achievements. Some being Azeroth stuff, Outland stuff, and Northrend stuff.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Now, what exactly is the point of an achievement? Does it give you a displayable title, as in CoX, such as "Blood Guard" or "World Explorer"? Or is it just a page somewhere with check boxes or a list of completed "achievements"?

dojango on
    edited July 2008
    dojango wrote: »
    Now, what exactly is the point of an achievement? Does it give you a displayable title, as in CoX, such as "Blood Guard" or "World Explorer"? Or is it just a page somewhere with check boxes or a list of "achievements"?

You get points too!

Beyond Normal on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Now, what exactly is the point of an achievement? Does it give you a displayable title, as in CoX, such as "Blood Guard" or "World Explorer"? Or is it just a page somewhere with check boxes or a list of completed "achievements"?

EPEEN

Tav on
  • DoomulonDoomulon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The last fun thing I did (if you could call it that) was get Don Carlos' Famous Hat...

Now I'm bored...again. Hey, at least I have a sombrero! Seriously though I've tinkered with like four or five alts and can't get into any of them. What should I do to keep the WoW spark alive?

Doomulon on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Take a break, only log on if you actually want to do something specific in the game.

815165 on
  • DoomulonDoomulon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Take a break, only log on if you actually want to do something specific in the game.

Yes, but that's the problem. I can't think of anything specific! I'm happy with my lv70 characters and their progress. Beyond weekly raids and dailies that put me to sleep, I'm at a loss.

It's a slow summer and there isn't much to do between 110 degree heat, 70%+ humidity, and intermittent killer lightning storms when it gets cooler. Going outside is kind of a bummer here. That leaves me with my current console games, LotRO, and WoW.

Doomulon on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    i wish i could just buy the conqueror title for my warrior

mostly because it sounds rad

i'm pretty fond of Master Sergeant for my paladin though

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I noticed they removed my gladiator title since the seasons changed, so the only other title I have is Champion of the Naaru, an ironic reminder of Blizzard abandoning the BE paladin story once you get to outland.

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Now, what exactly is the point of an achievement? Does it give you a displayable title, as in CoX, such as "Blood Guard" or "World Explorer"? Or is it just a page somewhere with check boxes or a list of "achievements"?

You get points too!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhh! 'points'?!

o_O

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'd assume you get achievement points for use at vanity vendors

kaleedity on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    artifexite wrote: »
    completing a run without any player deaths, with fewer than the maximum number of players, or within a certain time limit.

Great. You can't come because we're all trying to get the achievement.

"So, what do we need for this run?"

"Well, a tank is a good idea!"

"Aye, aye it is. And a healer!"

"Oh yes! Yeah, we definately need one of those!"

"... dps, fuck you!"
    The average group takes three times the dps than tanks or healing. Boo-dee-hoo.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've been in many instance runs where we could have easily dropped the lowest DPS and not have affected our ability to finish the instance. I'm looking at rogues doing less DPS than the tank.

SabreMau on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    We had some Paladin claim should could dps, and this predated talent inspecting. I finally managed to load her Armory page after some time, and found she had few, if any, points in Ret and they were in no-dps talents like Eye for an Eye. It was one of the worst specs ever, and her weapon was some shitty mid-60s green just to spice things up.

So yeah, normal five-mans are like loot dispensers for retards. I hope these achievements are aimed squarely at heroics. Even then, Heroics are joke now in TBC, so they'll have to amp up the difficulty or just remove them via patches once the loot from raids/badges hits a certain point.

To best illustrate this, "Champion of the Naaru" use to be noted for how hard it was to get (though technically, this was back when it was for TK attunement, not the title). Nowadays, those instances are easy to do. We run Shattered Halls because the timed run is simply a free badge.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I've been in many instance runs where we could have easily dropped the lowest DPS and not have affected our ability to finish the instance. I'm looking at rogues doing less DPS than the tank.

I've done 4 BF runs on my little mage. Each time some DPS has quit after the first boss, and we just 4 manned it. The last boss is tough without a pally, but other then that we have had no problems.

Tav on
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Mosaic wrote:
    I don't think you'd have a problem as long as you could raid in their timezone. I had to quit playing there because of time the big difference in time zones.

What time zone is that, specifically?

The one that has Japan in it. I have most of my characters on Oceanics now.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Alright thanks.

I first I thought that would be compatible with Alaska time, but then the stupid went away and I realized I'd be raiding at 5 or 6 AM

Nerdgasmic on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wait, what?
    Dark Iron has the same timezone as CA, and Alaska is an hour behind that?

Who raids at 7am?

EDIT:: Unless this timezone map doohickey is wrong.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Heh. Looking at the WWS it seems the Akama fight was a whopping 49 seconds long.

Echo on
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    dark iron is pacific time

planetes42 on
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    With my work schedule I could actually probably raid on dark iron from around midnight server to a little in the am's

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Aparently these are the current expansion Hunter talents. No idea if these are for real or not, though.

e: turns out they're not real :(

815165 on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Aparently these are the current expansion Hunter talents. No idea if these are for real or not, though.

Hmm. I'll take a Raptor and a Bat.
    I don't know why, I just thought that sounded cool.

Rizzi on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Heh. Looking at the WWS it seems the Akama fight was a whopping 49 seconds long.

It only counts the dps akama part, which is limited to a minute (before Akama himself gets killed by Shade).

Yeah, it's a pretty easy fight though.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited July 2008
    It was the first ever guild attempt at Akama, and he went down like a person who goes down real easy.

Kinda like Tyrannus.

Echo on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    HEY. WHY DID I SEE YOUR NAME IN THE MMO FORUM AND INSTANTLY THINK I HATE THAT GUY

WELL I KNOW NOW

tyrannus on
    edited July 2008
    Okay, who lit the fatty beacon?

Echo on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ur a maget

tyrannus on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    drhazard wrote: »
    http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/b/b6/Reputation-Horde.jpg

I guess you can get both of them just a hair above below revered?

I think that picture is fake because he is exalted with the steamwheelde and revered with the bloodsail

I don't think it's possible to be exalted with all because of Ravenholt, the Syndicate and the Shen'Dralar

Brainleech on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    i'm pretty fond of Master Sergeant for my paladin though

I don't even PVP that often, and that's the title I keep up on my rogue.
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

There are significantly more than three times the dps than tanks or healers in your average raid crew / guild / PuG channel.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

There are significantly more than three times the dps than tanks or healers in your average raid crew / guild / PuG channel.

Who's fault is that?

Mgcw on
    edited July 2008
    Blizzard's.

... I got nuttin'.

Forar on
    edited July 2008
    Seems to me like healing/tank/dps classes are fairly evenly spread. In my exp. most people are too fucking retarded to tank and that's where the tank shortage comes from.

Mgcw on
    edited July 2008
    Fucking retards, and the fact that "tanking classes" and "actual tanks" are two very uneven lists.

There are LOTS of warriors and paladins in the game, and a healthy number of druids. The number of them that are tanks is a lot smaller, and the number of those that are any good is shockingly tiny.

There's your bottleneck right there, point stands, /pelvicthrust.

Forar on
    edited July 2008
    Fucking retards, and the fact that "tanking classes" and "actual tanks" are two very uneven lists.

There are LOTS of warriors and paladins in the game, and a healthy number of druids. The number of them that are tanks is a lot smaller, and the number of those that are any good is shockingly tiny.

There's your bottleneck right there, point stands, /pelvicthrust.

Well, on my Warrior @ 70 I haven't really bothered with heroics, obviously, but I've tanked everything up to and at 70 as Fury. It's shocking to me how much faster it goes even in my terribad gear when I mark and pace pulls properly. As a Warrior at least, and I'd say as a feral Druid too, you can tank instances. You don't really have to be Prot.

But I mean what really irks me is the people complaining about tank shortages are sometimes people who play tank classes then refuse to tank because it's too complicated for them and they'd rather be horrible at dps spec.

Mgcw on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I believe they have separate types of achievements. Some being Azeroth stuff, Outland stuff, and Northrend stuff.

Yeah, achievements are grouped into types. Stats/Quest/Exploration/PvP/etc.
    wowscrnshot060608062356kg3.jpg

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
This discussion has been closed.