As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW Chat and General Questions Thread

• MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fodder wrote: »
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    Definitely some interesting changes. Although, not a fan of the Warrior's (my only 70). Seems like some nerfs to me. Especially with the Death Wish change, I don't want it over in my Fury Tree.

I'll be honest, I'm laughing pretty hard right now

Me too. Also, none of the Warrior stuff is new http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Warrior

Mgcw on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The hunter changes are outstanding. I'm glad the pet talent trees thing is confirmed, as well as the individual pet types having a unique ability and every pet having access to focus dumps.

Robunkus shall make a return!

It doesn't mention removing the +% damage modifiers to certain families, though, so cats and ravagers may still be tops for min-maxers.

THEY ALSO DIDN'T TAKE OUT THE FUCKIN' PET HAPPINESS MECHANIC.

Hamurabi on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    who cares? that's being part of a hunter and it's fine

tyrannus on
  • XhaztolXhaztol Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Now that it's actually started, I suppose I'm allowed to say this: Here's hoping I see some of you in Closed Beta! Make sure to PM me your character names if you get in!

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    Now that it's actually started, I suppose I'm allowed to say this: Here's hoping I see some of you in Closed Beta! Make sure to PM me your character names if you get in!

Sweet, are you able to log into beta? Are the Paladin/Hunter talents up yet or just the changes?

Mgcw on
    edited July 2008
    I'm currently downloading the client, so once it's installed I'll field as many questions as I can. I don't have a high level Paladin or Hunter, but I'll try to hook up with one and ask them that.

But as far as my KNOWLEDGE goes, it's just the changes.

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    And now you can lurk on the Wrath Beta forums.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited July 2008
    And now you can lurk on the Wrath Beta forums.

Indeed. If you're a sneaky guy you can find some of my posts... ;)

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You better post pics!

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited July 2008
    oh god I wanna know the 51 point talents ASAP for hunters

tyrannus on
    edited July 2008
    Apparently just now, Nethaera gave the OK on also discussing alpha shit, so if you've got questions about the hilarious hijinks that I've been enduring the last couple months, I guess that's free game too. Although it's not all that interesting. I couldn't even mountain climb because of the No-Man's-Land debuff. :(

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
    edited July 2008
    I'm currently downloading the client, so once it's installed I'll field as many questions as I can. I don't have a high level Paladin or Hunter, but I'll try to hook up with one and ask them that.

Thanks for the answer.

edit: Regarding hijinks, what is the status of Muradin in WotLK?

Mgcw on
    edited July 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »

Thanks for the answer.

edit: Regarding hijinks, what is the status of Muradin in WotLK?

No idea on Muradin. I do play Horde only (yes, I know, boo), so anything having to do with strict Alliance bosses/characters I might not be able to shed very much light on.

I'm guessing he's in Storm Peaks somewhere.

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man.

I dunno if I like new Wrath of Air...I mean Spell haste is nice...but 101 spell damage.

I hate when Blizzard gets a new toy. They force everyone to appreciate it. "Look guys! Resilience!" "That's nice." "USE IT." "Well my PvP gear i-" "USE IT OR YOU SUCK IN PVP".

"Hey look, spell haste!" "*sigh*"

The Muffin Man on
    edited July 2008
    Man.

I dunno if I like new Wrath of Air...I mean Spell haste is nice...but 101 spell damage.

I hate when Blizzard gets a new toy. They force everyone to appreciate it. "Look guys! Resilience!" "That's nice." "USE IT." "Well my PvP gear i-" "USE IT OR YOU SUCK IN PVP".

"Hey look, spell haste!" "*sigh*"

Uh, 10% spell haste is much better than spell damage. Are you kidding?

Mgcw on
  • FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Isn't spell haste basically equivalent to spell hit which is much better than spell damage?

(In terms of dps of course)

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2008
    If you're hit capped dmg is around = to haste, but it's not even haste rating it's a massive flat 10% buff.

Mgcw on
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Definitely some interesting changes. Although, not a fan of the Warrior's (my only 70). Seems like some nerfs to me. Especially with the Death Wish change, I don't want it over in my Fury Tree.

Me too. Also, none of the Warrior stuff is new http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Warrior

:|

I'm confused as to why, I mean, I've been away from WoW for a few months and just read that information now. It appears the Overpower change and Death Wish change are for the worse and I am more of a fan of Sweeping Strikes than Death Wish and with the extended Talent trees the build I wish to use does not go that far into the Arms tree.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    edited July 2008
    This isn't my own screen cap, but oh MAN.

I'm loving this login screen:
    14xgp5e.jpg

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
    edited July 2008

I'm confused as to why, I mean, I've been away from WoW for a few months and just read that information now. It appears the Overpower change and Death Wish change are for the worse and I am more of a fan of Sweeping Strikes than Death Wish and with the extended Talent trees the build I wish to use does not go that far into the Arms tree.

i can't complain about an overpower with a 2 second cooldown. uh oh, rogues!

tyrannus on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Is entering your e-mail address to login just for the alpha/beta?

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2008
    Al Baron wrote: »

Is entering your e-mail address to login just for the alpha/beta?

Each beta tester has to make a temporary "Blizzard Account." The username of this account is your email address. This shouldn't carry over to your WoW Account

So yes :)

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
    edited July 2008
    honestly I just hoped they would nerf resto druids.

tyrannus on
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »

i can't complain about an overpower with a 2 second cooldown. uh oh, rogues!

I just now realized.

Wow, I'm an idiot. Or have been gone too long. Most likely both. I'll just go back over here, lurking like I usually do.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    edited July 2008

It's dumb and unnecessary. No one's sitting around going "Man, this mechanic adds a lot of interesting gameplay to my class," while I know quite a few people who don't appreciate their pets' damage being gimped because it died unavoidably during a fight because no one heals pets.

Hamurabi on
    edited July 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »

It's dumb and unnecessary. No one's sitting around going "Man, this mechanic adds a lot of interesting gameplay to my class," while I know quite a few people who don't appreciate their pets' damage being gimped because it died unavoidably during a fight because no one heals pets.

no, it's necessary because it's something that adds a little to the pet than just being another dot. plus, i'm pretty sure pets will be gaining well-fed bonuses. and you can heal your own pet and call it back to heal it.
    it's at least trying to maintain the illusion that you give a shit about the pet you tamed.

also hey, new ranged execute like hammer of wrath for hunters! YAY!

tyrannus on
    edited July 2008

no, it's necessary because it's something that adds a little to the pet than just being another dot. plus, i'm pretty sure pets will be gaining well-fed bonuses. and you can heal your own pet and call it back to heal it.
    it's at least trying to maintain the illusion that you give a shit about the pet you tamed.

also hey, new ranged execute like hammer of wrath for hunters! YAY!

There're plenty of other things that emphasize the importance of a BM hunter's pet [ie. said hunter being next to useless in both PvE and PvP if his pet is killed]. And casting Mend Pet is not only a DPS loss for you in its mana consumption and DPS downtime, but also for your pet, assuming it has to run back to be in range.

It's a silly, extraneous mechanic that isn't fun or strategically-interesting. Just my opinion, but I've been told that public forums are generally where people express those.

Hamurabi on
    edited July 2008
    you can also quickly and effectively rez your pet if you're BM and have the talent, also this also might help, or at least it's pretty neat.

Heart of the Phoenix: When your pet dies, it miraculously returns to life with 10% health. Cannot occur more than once per 10 minutes.

and pet management is just one of those things you have to do if you want to be a hunter.

tyrannus on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Some of the stuff for warriors I am mixed on. Loss of bonus damage is meh on overpower, but 2 second cool down I am liking that. Die rogue scum. *coughs* I am also leary on the the change to shield block. 30 second cool down(20 talented) only 1 block even if it is 100%. I heard a rumor they are removing crushing blows somewhere but if they are not this does not look good for warrior tanks.

For the warlock stuff, I am sad I cannot play bounce the fear anymore with curse of reck. That was something I practiced doing and was good at and enjoyed doing instances were I had to cc two things at once. In general I just consider it another fear nerf.

Other than most of the stuff looks good and I am tempted to keep leveling my hunter now just for this pet talent tree stuff. I wonder if there is like a no life achievement if you have more than 3 or 4 70's when WotLK comes out.

Oh, well I have to wait and see how stuff pans out with more of the new skills and how everything meshes together before I really decide.

<Edit because I forgot this>
    Seems another Yamanashi person here. That would make 3 pa readers here I know of. One who actually does kara with me and such. Should drop me a pm or something, maybe we can hang out.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited July 2008
    Crushing Blows are being removed from the game, afaik.

Also: I'm still firmly in the 'Pet Happiness can go diaf' camp. :P

Hamurabi on
  • MorithainMorithain Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

14xgp5e.jpg

About damn time we got to look at something else aside from the Dark Portal after over three years. Man, I love it 8-)Even more awesome if that snow isn't static and actually falls while at the login screen. Sweeeeeet.

Morithain on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008

I wonder how druid tanking will change with that, seeing as our OMGWTF armor and damage mitigation is why we can take a whole bunch of crushes. No crushes = tons of less damage done.

Echo on
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »

I wonder how druid tanking will change with that, seeing as our OMGWTF armor and damage mitigation is why we can take a whole bunch of crushes. No crushes = tons of less damage done.

/Shrug.

Maybe bosses will hit harder? Shit, maybe all WotLK bosses will have Sunwell Aura. =X

Hamurabi on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lame.. I want to play in the beta too.
    Except the email address that I opened my account with is dead. So no beta key for me.
    This sucks.

Rizzi on
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    drhazard wrote: »
    http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/b/b6/Reputation-Horde.jpg

I guess you can get both of them just a hair above below revered?

I think that picture is fake because he is exalted with the steamwheelde and revered with the bloodsail

I don't think it's possible to be exalted with all because of Ravenholt, the Syndicate and the Shen'Dralar

Hm? Grind out your Bloodsail rep and then free Knot Thimblejack a thousand times.

Ravenholdt and Shen'dralar are just turning in millions of lockboxes and librams respectively.

This guy obviously didn't do the Bloodsails, but otherwise he's next to perfect. But, yes, they obviously used "each" when talking about getting exalted factions instead of "all" for a reason. I don't know where people were getting the idea that you had to get them all, that's completely stupid.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That must take some obscene time to achieve. Getting the BG factions alone would take months.

Tav on
  • ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have a feeling I'm not going to like Drak'tharon keep. I have no idea why, though.

Toldo on
  • NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Place a bear trap that locks onto the first enemy that approaches, rooting them and causing [RAP * 0.1 + 1575] Bleed damage over 10 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Trap will exist for 1 min. Only one trap can be active at a time.
    100 Mana, Instant cast, 30 sec cooldown

When I first saw "Bear Trap", all I could think was Snake Trap with bears....

Woulda been better...

NerfThatMan on
    PSN: corporateshill
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When I first saw "Bear Trap", all I could think was Snake Trap with bears....

Woulda been better...
    Haha, me too! :(

815165 on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »

/Shrug.

Maybe bosses will hit harder? Shit, maybe all WotLK bosses will have Sunwell Aura. =X

Sunwell radience is a hamhanded fix, because blizzard messed up how avoidance worked and how much of it is available. I don't expect them to make the same mistake in wrath, so basically yeah, bosses will hit comparatively harder and tanks will stack stam again.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
This discussion has been closed.