As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW Chat and General Questions Thread

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I just finished my first enchanting toon. His enchanting is 355. After going through the huge, painful, expensive process, I took a step back and realized I have no fucking idea how to make money with this profession. I've lurked Trade before and it seems like a lot of people do it for free for people who have mats.

How do I take my high enchanting skill and make money off it? As a side question, what are the forumlas most commonly requested?

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The new WOTLK info has completely restored my love of my truid and I cannot wait for the xpac to hit. I've built up a reasonable set of gear to help me do some decent DPS as Dreamstate Resto while being able to heal instances.

Out of Combat Rez?
    All healing spells (Healing Touch) in Treeform?
    No more Snare in Treeform?
    AOE HoT?

BOOOOYAHHH

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • OricalmOricalm MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Scrublet wrote: »
    So I just finished my first enchanting toon. His enchanting is 355. After going through the huge, painful, expensive process, I took a step back and realized I have no fucking idea how to make money with this profession. I've lurked Trade before and it seems like a lot of people do it for free for people who have mats.

How do I take my high enchanting skill and make money off it? As a side question, what are the forumlas most commonly requested?

They have to get those mats from somewhere. Make good use of the AH. Aside from that, generally I thought it was in good taste (I know, lolmanners) to tip an enchanter even when they did it for free.

Oricalm on
    Xbox Live: Oricalm
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The new WOTLK info has completely restored my love of my truid and I cannot wait for the xpac to hit. I've built up a reasonable set of gear to help me do some decent DPS as Dreamstate Resto while being able to heal instances.

Out of Combat Rez?
    AOE HoT?

BOOOOYAHHH

Oh damn HT etc. in Treeform and no Snare is gonna be nuts.

Mgcw on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Scrublet wrote: »

How do I take my high enchanting skill and make money off it? As a side question, what are the formulas most commonly requested?

Most of the gold I make off of enchanting is just selling mats on the AH. If you have another crafting profession you can shard stuff you make and sell everything, else just greens & dungeon drops.

I do get some from tips, but I can't stand sitting in trade all day spamming so I'm not really making as much as I could on that end. If someone is asking for X enchant in trade, and I happen to be in the city they're in I usually reply, but that's as much effort as I put into selling stuff. Edit - and yeah, I never ask for a tip or 'fee'... But people will pretty much always throw you 5-10g.

Most commonly requested: Sunfire, Soulfrost, Mongoose, Executioner, Boar's Speed & Stam to anything.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »

Out of Combat Rez?
    AOE HoT?

BOOOOYAHHH

Oh damn HT etc. in Treeform and no Snare is gonna be nuts.

Yeah, the 20% reduction in mana cost still only applies to HoTs but who cares? I wish this was in now so I can do Bloodboil in Tree and not have to shift out for Fel Rage to cast big heals.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man oh man, where is my beta invite?

I want to go and see just how crazy the changes are to Warriors.

Imperfect on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    anyone get an invite?

according to neth emails started going out an hour ago

Javen on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Not yet. Refreshing my inbox shows just a new political campaign ad arriving.

SabreMau on
  • ObjectZeroObjectZero Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Joon wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    drhazard wrote: »
    http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/b/b6/Reputation-Horde.jpg

I guess you can get both of them just a hair above below revered?

I think that picture is fake because he is exalted with the steamwheelde and revered with the bloodsail

I don't think it's possible to be exalted with all because of Ravenholt, the Syndicate and the Shen'Dralar

Hm? Grind out your Bloodsail rep and then free Knot Thimblejack a thousand times.

Ravenholdt and Shen'dralar are just turning in millions of lockboxes and librams respectively.

This guy obviously didn't do the Bloodsails, but otherwise he's next to perfect. But, yes, they obviously used "each" when talking about getting exalted factions instead of "all" for a reason. I don't know where people were getting the idea that you had to get them all, that's completely stupid.

That guy (the second link) must love excruciating grinds. i bet he has a wintersaber mount as well. notice he was a grand marshal. To get that high back then, you picked up exalted in all the BGs as a side effect.

ObjectZero on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

So...what was up with Light's Hope Chapel in that intro? The interior looked kind of messed up and not how it is currently in game. Think they're going to be whiping out the Argent Dawn there, or moving the quest hub? Or (since I avoid EPL if I can help it) did I mistake that for another location?

Edit: Also, think we're getting new loading screens for the continents and such? I'm assuming that since that one only showed a dwarf, that it's now going to be random loading screens. Like it'll randomly pick Human, Gnome, or Dwarf loading screen for Eastern Kingdoms if you're Alliance, or randomly pick Undead or Blood Elf if you're Horde.

Lars on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Edit: Nevermind, that -is- Light Hopes Chapel, just noticed the gryphons/bats.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Currently devoting all concentration to willing a beta-key into my inbox.

NerfThatMan on
    PSN: corporateshill
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Currently devoting all concentration to intercepting your beta-key. :(

Rizzi on
  • NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »

Currently devoting all concentration to intercepting your beta-key. :(

Currently devoting all concentration to intercepting the interception so the key will-

Never mind, devoting all concentration to constructing that sentence. You win again! :x

NerfThatMan on
    PSN: corporateshill
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    THEY ALSO DIDN'T TAKE OUT THE FUCKIN' PET HAPPINESS MECHANIC.
    Yeah, I was a bit bummed by that. On the upside, they did improve the whole "taming a lower level pet" thing by boosting it to 5 levels below you, but why they couldn't just remove it entirely confounds me. Pets shouldn't need to be leveled any more than Warlock's minions are.

Oh and on that note, can I get a fucking "FINALLY!" on the removal of that dumbass warlock minion training mechanic. No more having to buy tomes for pets, trying to remember which ones I bought for pets I didn't currently have summoned, and then spend time summoning them just to train the fucking things.

Halfmex on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Victory is mine. Your death is assured petty mortal.

Rizzi on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate waiting games like this.

I have just about everything going to my mailcity account (yes, I know, I should've gone to gmail like 5 years ago), but can't check that at work. So here you guys are hitting F5, whereas I just sorta hang out until 5pm.

Oh well, at least 5's are involved in both.

Also, 7.5; hours until The Dark Knight! (more 5's, hooray!)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    I hate waiting games like this.

I have just about everything going to my mailcity account (yes, I know, I should've gone to gmail like 5 years ago), but can't check that at work. So here you guys are hitting F5, whereas I just sorta hang out until 5pm.

Oh well, at least 5's are involved in both.

Also, 7.5; hours until The Dark Knight! (more 5's, hooray!)
    Well you're doing better than me. Like you, I can't check emails till after work. However, I wont be seeing TDK until tomorrow. I hate my life right now.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Judging by the talents it looks like all tanks can spec for AOE threat abilities and all healers AOE heals. Looks like we could be getting more multimob fights. That's just a guess, but I'd put money on it. At the very least this will hopefully open up options for aoe tanking heavy fights.

Did anyone see the sick blues from the early WTLK instances? I thought they weren't doing the TBC stat jump thing again?

danx on
  • Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    K do you have to have to a current level 70 to get a beta invite or they just sending them out randomly to those who opted in?

Bryse Eayo on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bryse Eayo wrote: »
    K do you have to have to a current level 70 to get a beta invite or they just sending them out randomly to those who opted in?

F&F already get them of course, and I'm guessing they've sent a batch out to a portion of those who opted in. I don't think they're looking for a level 70 specifically, but you do need to have TBC.

Probably every few weeks they'll send another batch out based on how much they want to increase the population of testers.

There's the Blizzcon dealy too, which I imagine applies to wotlk, but I'm not sure about that. Last time they also gave fansites some keys to give out to visitors, they'll probably do that again.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't like several stages of acceptance :( I want to be able to unsubscribe if I'm not going to get in.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    I don't like several stages of acceptance :( I want to be able to unsubscribe if I'm not going to get in.

So the only reason you are paying for WoW right now is that you maybe, might, possibly have a chance of getting into the beta?

Man go unsubscribe and forget about the beta, do something else with your time if you don't want to play wow.

Seg on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Last time I don't think they had an opt-in, so I'm only guessing they'll stagger invites from that. Last time they did find different ways to invite new people as the beta progressed though, and since the opt-in is a large pool of players, I'm guessing they'll pull a lot from that over time.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    I took my mage out of the moth bag and decided to do some PVP, but I totally forgot what a decent frost PVP spec looked like. Anyone got a build?

Echo on
    edited July 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »

So the only reason you are paying for WoW right now is that you maybe, might, possibly have a chance of getting into the beta?

Man go unsubscribe and forget about the beta, do something else with your time if you don't want to play wow.

I paid one extra month to see if I could get into the beta invites, I'm not crying over one payment of $15.

And I'm not wasting time on WoW, except at work, and I'd be browsing something else instead.

Septus on
  • XhaztolXhaztol Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone get an invite yet?

Also, the Death Knight starting area is sexy BUTTS. I was supposed to be in bed early last night, but I was up till three pulling people over with Death Grip and smacking diseases onto them and watching "geists" run around.

You know those crazy motherfuckin' zombies in Ravenholm in HL2 that kinda 'gallop' on their hands and feet? It's like that shit. Awesome.

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    So, has anyone seen the new BM end talent?'

By Exotic, meaning things like Dragonkin?

Because, holy shit

Nerdgasmic on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Work web filter > MMO Champion.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Place a bear trap that locks onto the first enemy that approaches, rooting them and causing [RAP * 0.1 + 1575] Bleed damage over 10 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Trap will exist for 1 min. Only one trap can be active at a time.
    100 Mana, Instant cast, 30 sec cooldown

When I first saw "Bear Trap", all I could think was Snake Trap with bears....

Woulda been better...

Yeah you and EVERYONE ELSE. I was like "omg NOW WITH 30% MORE BAERS!!" We've had this running joke about a Gorilla Trap for like a year now, which is what I immediately thought of. So disappointed. :lol:

And yeah dude Death Grip is fucking awesome. It's the inverse of a warrior Charging up to things, which is already awesome. Charge but without having to worry about pulling five things nearby. So fun.

I think someone asked here, can't remember, but the login screen is indeed covered in constantly falling snow. It's very pretty. Something feels wrong about it though. I miss the Dark Portal I've been looking at for years. :S

fuck being at work all day.

riz on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh yeah, that'll go well. Turning the bend of a mountain, and you see a hunter coming at you with his freakin' drake.

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    riz wrote: »
    I think someone asked here, can't remember, but the login screen is indeed covered in constantly falling snow. It's very pretty. Something feels wrong about it though. I miss the Dark Portal I've been looking at for years. :S

Can we get linkage to the login screen? :o

Henroid on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Work web filter > MMO Champion.

Beast Mastery [NYI]

Requires fifty points in Beast Mastery talents

"You master the art of beast mastery, teaching you the ability to tame Exotic pets and increasing your total pet skill points by five."

I'm assuming that, whatever creatures are defined as exotic, they will be in some measure better than normal pets, but who knows?

Nerdgasmic on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    riz wrote: »

Can we get linkage to the login screen? :o

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/july/wotlkloadingscreen.jpg ;)

riz on
    edited July 2008
    Xhaztol wrote: »
    This isn't my own screen cap, but oh MAN.

I'm loving this login screen:
    14xgp5e.jpg

Septus on
    edited July 2008
    ... if that's Ice Crown Glacier converted into a freaking fortress, I'm going to pee my pants in joy.

Edit - Also, yay for all the color use. Blue is my favorite.

Henroid on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    bluuuuuuuue

Tav on
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's....it's....beautiful.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
This discussion has been closed.