As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW Chat and General Questions Thread

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Has there been any mention of these new family skills for pet families that previously had none?

Nerdgasmic on
  • XhaztolXhaztol Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It looks to be that way. I believe most of the glacier is covered in architecture like that leading to the foot of the citadel.

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Has there been any mention of these new family skills for pet families that previously had none?

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t28573-hunter_wotlk_talents_abilities_discussion/p2/

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Work web filter > MMO Champion.

Beast Mastery [NYI]

Requires fifty points in Beast Mastery talents

"You master the art of beast mastery, teaching you the ability to tame Exotic pets and increasing your total pet skill points by five."

I'm assuming that, whatever creatures are defined as exotic, they will be in some measure better than normal pets, but who knows?

Gracias!

My hunter has been BM spec'd since she was created, aside from a period of time where Marksmanship was better for raiding, and I took her into ZG, MC, BWL, AQ20, etc, so having cool BM stuff makes very happy.

... wait, no, bad! I'm breaking free! I'm so close to breaking free!!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Don't become one of those people.

riz on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Septus wrote: »

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t28573-hunter_wotlk_talents_abilities_discussion/p2/

Thanks.

Wow, those all sound pretty neat.

I know nothing about anything, but it sounds like Nether Rays will be one of the pets of choice for PvP.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited July 2008
    riz wrote: »

Eloi?

Septus on
    edited July 2008
    Hahaha crab skill: Pin. Pins the target in place, and squeezes for 162 damage over 6 sec. That is so cute. Where is Jim?

riz on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I like the hyena ability. Biting people's ankles. How does this apply to gnomes?

Henroid on
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, I like the ones for hyena, crab, and raptor. I'm not a big fan of tallstriders, but they'll be very helpful in groups.

Septus on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i like the 52 yard (talent) execute for hunters

tyrannus on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You can't run. You can't hide.

815165 on
    edited July 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »

Killshot? I don't remember its range, but that's faaar.

Septus on
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Owls have a 6 second disarm... pretty awesome.

Mgcw on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I just looked at that. I'm not amused whatsoever. Mostly because they can use it, though the damage isn't as harsh, even when the target isn't below a certain percent of health. And what the hell is up with the 35% or below part of it? That's bullshit.

Henroid on
    edited July 2008
    Bad news, Hammer of Wrath has 50% crit for Ret Paladins and it's also below 35% health now, lawl.

Mgcw on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Bad news, Hammer of Wrath has 50% crit for Ret Paladins and it's also below 35% health now, lawl.

So in other words, it might actually be worth using instead of auto attack? :lol:

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Henroid wrote: »

I just looked at that. I'm not amused whatsoever. Mostly because they can use it, though the damage isn't as harsh, even when the target isn't below a certain percent of health. And what the hell is up with the 35% or below part of it? That's bullshit.

HAHA, TOO FUCKING BAD.

hunters needed some help and that sure as shit will help.

tyrannus on
    edited July 2008
    The only answer is to become the thing I hate.

Time to level my hunter.

Henroid on
    edited July 2008
    my crit rockets shall follow me from game to game

tyrannus on
    edited July 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »

So in other words, it might actually be worth using instead of auto attack? :lol:

Don't worry, I'm with you.

Mgcw on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

HAHA, TOO FUCKING BAD.

hunters needed some help and that sure as shit will help.

Hunters fucking own.

I was doing some 3v3s last game with two of my buddys' alts. BM hunter/resto druid/ret paladin.

My friend's hunter out damaged me (by a very large margin) every match except the 10 minute one against a double healer. D:

I do dig how useful ret's judgements are in arena, though. I feel way more useful than I ever did as Holy. Holy is everyone's bitch.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • MorithainMorithain Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Death Knight character creation opening:

http://www.vimeo.com/1362746

On a side note, it sounds like Blizzard, once again, went back and made new version of the loading screen theme, personally I think it sounds even more epic ;D

Morithain on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    You mean the title screen music? That's been out for a while. It does sound kinda epic, yet too similiar to what's already been composed for the game.

Also, didn't the voice actor for the race intros die a couple of years ago? I guess they found someone who sounds like him to do the Death Knight intro huh?

Henroid on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You mean the title screen music? That's been out for a while. It does sound kinda epic, yet too similiar to what's already been composed for the game.

Also, didn't the voice actor for the race intros die a couple of years ago? I guess they found someone who sounds like him to do the Death Knight intro huh?

If I remember right he died somewhere between recording the Draenei/BE intros and the release of TBC.

Seg on
    edited July 2008

Oh, who am I kidding?

... I might just have to take 2 weeks off work, invest in a bunch of stimulants and see if I can't become the first person with 10 level 80's on the same server.

Nah, not really.
    Seriously, this idea holds a shocking amount of interest for me. Please send help.

Forar on
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    By help, do you mean a bunch of stimulants?

'Cause can do!

Imperfect on
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Grr, the email I have tied to my account is one that I don't think actually exists anymore and I can't switch it to my new one. Oh well, I can just stare at the sexy new Shammy things and wonder how I'm going to get all those fun elemental talents and still have enough left to get the crit in Resto

Typhus733 on
  • RoanthRoanth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Has anyone had a chance to look at some of the blue loot that drops from the first couple instances as well as the weapons for a 30min quest in the first zone or whatever? I believe the pre-BC lull in raiding is about to hit. Time to grind the alts and hoard gold! In fact, I am thinking about turning in badges for epic gems and selling them as opposed to upgrading

Roanth on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Roanth wrote: »
    Has anyone had a chance to look at some of the blue loot that drops from the first couple instances as well as the weapons for a 30min quest in the first zone or whatever?
    MMO-Champion has some.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    They did that intro way in advance if they got Tony Jay to do it.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited July 2008
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

This was a different guy who died.

Septus on
    edited July 2008
    People might stop raiding, like, Karazhan. That stuff doesn't come anywhere near real endgame gear.

riz on
    edited July 2008
    eff that, I still need my dory's embrace on my fat hunter

tyrannus on
  • RoanthRoanth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People might stop raiding, like, Karazhan. That stuff doesn't come anywhere near real endgame gear.

Yeah, I am casual so don't do much beyond Kara. For me the choice is obvious!

Roanth on
    edited July 2008
    I've been trying to get rid of my Dory's Embrace since around October of last year.

Fucking Gorefiend.

The ZA timed cloak is slightly better, but I never bothered picking it up, and haven't done regular bear runs in a couple months at this point.

... seriously, fuck gorefiend, and fuck the enhancement shaman that snagged our last one and has attended like 2 raids in the past month.

/sigh

Forar on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well, here we go again. Get ready for raiding to stop, endgame guilds to fall apart, and 99 versions of each BG running at all times. If we are seeing this stuff now, WOTLK must be closer than I thought.

It would truly be hilarious if, after all that drama, WOTLK were to hit stores ahead of WARHAMMER.

Fairchild on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'll trade you my Sergeant's Heavy Cloak for your Dory's Embrace. Heck, I'll even throw in my Gladiator's OH Axe for free.

Fairchild on
    edited July 2008
    The fact that they are unlikely to reitemize my gear to fit the new caster standards i.e. lolspirit does make me much less concerned with getting everything I ever wanted out of BT and Sunwell... But I would still like to "beat the game" this time. Who knows if enough of my guildmates do too...

riz on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    This was a different guy who died.
    That is definitely Mr. Jay's voice.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.