As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW Chat and General Questions Thread

• Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So how does this inscription stuff work. I know you get 2 major slots for Glyphs but how does it work for changing them. Do you buy an inscription and then keep it forever, freely swapping them as you wish or is it like jewelcrafting where equipping a new one destroys the old one.

If its the latter I can see incriptors making boatloads of money.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    You only have six slots, and since it requires herbalism I'd imagine we'll be destroying our old glyphs when putting in new ones. It's not like enchants and gems which require destroying items or rare drops.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It seems that at the moment Glyphs work like gems, they're used when equipped.

815165 on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is going to be costing me so much money. It won't be so bad if they do the 2 talent spec thing, but if they dont then gold for respec + gold for new inscriptions every day is going to rack up.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I wish new druid forms weren't Glyph based.

If I have to chose between finally looking different and a bonus that will actually help in combat, I'll be pissed.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's not established yet which of the three categories most of the glyphs we're seeing fit into yet (you get 2 glyphs for each category). I'm hoping things like the druid polar bear and the mage penguins polymorph are example of the lowest of the three ranks.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Blizz already said that the appearance changes are minor glyphs, and I'm guessing almost all of the good combat glyphs we saw are lesser or greater glyphs.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    good god, fuck leveling another class without the XP bonus. I just hate the old world quests so fucking much.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dude old world had the best quest in the game.

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=1560

It has a wisecracking turtle.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh god that quest SUCKS.
    MOVE FASTER YOU GODDAMN TURTLE

Fuga on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's annoying leveling an alt and seeing all these cunts who shelled out another $70 running around zooming through the levels while I slug it out.

It's such a blatant attempt to get people to feel too invested to play WAR. I mean who the fuck is just now trying to get somebody else to play the game? And who the fuck thinks zooming some new player through levels is going to make them enjoy the game?

Shit is purely to get people to shell out more money for another account so when WAR releases they're like, "fuck I just spent $70 and got these 2 new chars to 70 I can't walk away now.."

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I beg to differ on your selection of best quests, even if you were being sarcastic ;)

TheEmerged on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    FightTest wrote: »
    It's annoying leveling an alt and seeing all these cunts who shelled out another $70 running around zooming through the levels while I slug it out.

It's such a blatant attempt to get people to feel too invested to play WAR. I mean who the fuck is just now trying to get somebody else to play the game? And who the fuck thinks zooming some new player through levels is going to make them enjoy the game?

Shit is purely to get people to shell out more money for another account so when WAR releases they're like, "fuck I just spent $70 and got these 2 new chars to 70 I can't walk away now.."
    My mage, warlock, druid, shaman and priest will be hitting 60 by Wednesday. Those bastards announced this two days before I got payed, it's as if they knew.

815165 on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Wisecracking? That's not quite the way I remember it. All he does is whine, bitch and moan.

"When are we gonna get there? Are we there yet? There's sand inbetween my toes! Why won't you carry me?"

reVerse on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yes yes and yes.

Actually the biggest concern is that for the most part the 1-60 game is designed to teach people how to play their fucking class.

If you engineer a system that allows actual new people to get to 60 in a matter of days (real time) then what the fuck is the point?

Jasconius on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Wait, why is it costing them $70?

Jascon: Oh come on dude, don't act like WoW is a hard game. You could figure out how to play a character in the 60-70 level range easily.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Jasconius wrote: »

Yes yes and yes.

Actually the biggest concern is that for the most part the 1-60 game is designed to teach people how to play their fucking class.

If you engineer a system that allows actual new people to get to 60 in a matter of days (real time) then what the fuck is the point?
    I imagine the more experienced of the two people will teach them.

edit: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/august/naxhealershield.jpg

Seems like (hopefully) a confirmation of tiered badge loot?

815165 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Wait, why is it costing them $70?

Jascon: Oh come on dude, don't act like WoW is a hard game. You could figure out how to play a character in the 60-70 level range easily.

I don't know.. honestly I didn't even read exactly what gives what, but I read something about having the "person" sign up for 2 months. So that's $30. Then I just assumed it was like $20 and $20 for WoW/TBC.

Stop calling into question the numbers that run around in my head. That shit is real up there, man.

(On a related note it is really fucking tempting to be a dickface and buy another account to get a couple easy 70s. Literally the only reason I haven't done it is because I do know it's only to hold people back from WAR. I don't even know if I'm going to pick up WAR right away but I feel like this is a fucking weasely move on Blizzard's part, like they think they're pulling some shit over on me. But I'm wise to them..)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jasconius wrote: »

Yes yes and yes.

People who have the capacity to play well and not be retards, can and will learn the basics of the game quite quickly. They might not get a whole lot of experience teaming in instances, but then, you don't really get much of that in 1-60 anymore regardless.

And how many people are going to be doing this? Dual-boxing is a pain in the ass, and the other option requires you to play in a group with the new friend for the triple xp to work.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    One of the new BS helms

162 stam. I can't wait to see other lvl 80 items. Stats are gonna make my dick hard.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If you made a second account and refered yourself to level two 1-60's together, are you still able to transfer the character from the second account to your main one? Or does linking the two accounts prevent this?

815165 on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kunohara wrote: »
    One of the new BS helms

162 stam. I can't wait to see other lvl 80 items. Stats are gonna make my dick hard.

jesus christ

<- levelling blacksmithing

holy shit

what the hell is this, i thought stamina wasn't going to be as big a shift, yet you have the Faceplate of the Impenetrable with 82 stam and this with 162?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, it IS level 80. Most of the items we've seen out of beta so far have been instance blues in the level 75 range at most.

This here is deliciousness.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    everything is getting a lot of stamina because everybody is getting a dick tonne of dps i think

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i mean, look at that blacksmithing weapon

best Ret weapon in the game excluding Sunwell stuff is a 138 dps axe. This is a 186 dps mace, that's insane.

i can't wait.

Any knowledge on new Engineering goggles?>

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I can't until my tankadin/blacksmithing buddy finds out about this one.

TheEmerged on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    While that two hander looks nice I don't know wtf is up with the two one handers they have. They both seem pretty shitty to begin with, nevermind being level 80 epics.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Wisecracking? That's not quite the way I remember it. All he does is whine, bitch and moan.

"When are we gonna get there? Are we there yet? There's sand inbetween my toes! Why won't you carry me?"

All I know is I love that turtle.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Huh, Titanium's in the game, now? Same stuff the SR-71's frame is made of, and it's finally in WoW. I expect engineering goodness from it.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    it says nothing about only being able to attach one socket to one item...

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It might take a permanent-enchant slot, though. So you could only have one of them at a time.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So my plan for next week:
    1) Recruit myself and level the two characters together 1-60 (dual-boxing seems easy enough).
    2) Level a third character to 29 on my main account so that my recruit can grant levels 29-59.
    3) Transfer recruited 60 back to my main account, or maybe not depending on if I can be fucked having multiple accounts.

This gives me the entire weekend to try and figure out what fucking classes to do this with.

edit: Also I'm fairly sure I only want one max level character because focusing on more than one character at once just means I never get anything done, so I'll have to choose whether step 3 is worthwhile then or if I'm just using the recruit to speed up levelling my new main for a while. The mount is horrible anyway.

815165 on
  • Options
    SandWolfSandWolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dammit, put a lot of though in to my entry in the WoWhead contest, but didn't read this part until afterwards
    Once a day for the next five days, we'll select one poster at random from the thread

Anyways, I highly suggest that none of you post, as uh.. Well, I'm greedy!

SandWolf on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Holy untextured dragon, batman! The new wrath login screen is cool.

815165 on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Holy untextured dragon, batman! The new wrath login screen is cool.

Post a link you bastard, don't leave us hanging! D:

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I've been trying to get a good pose, it flys in and lands when you launch the game.

sec!

edit: big images because I have no editing shit on here so spoilering them each
    wowscrnshot080908052233ur7.jpg
    wowscrnshot080908052234wm4.jpg
    wowscrnshot080908052242pc9.jpg
    wowscrnshot080908052243sh1.jpg
    wowscrnshot080908052246ja7.jpg

815165 on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So if anyone bothered with my post a day or two ago about my junk mail box...

I checked my email again just now and saw a second email landed in there. Again my hopes got up.

myemailsucks.jpg

Henroid on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    OH GOD. OH GOD.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Even untextured as that dragon is, the TBC login screen is now put to a tremendous amount of shame.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    actually i quite liked the way its all bright white, until it lands and you see its a smooth edgeless untextured white. From afar it looks awesome though.

Dhalphir on
This discussion has been closed.