As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hatred, Hope, and Happiness: the trifecta of MMO emotions

• Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me what Raid Stacking is?

I only do Kara and ZA.

X fight is MUCH easier/possible if you bring several of X class/spec. Like more than a balanced raid would possibly have.

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me what Raid Stacking is?

I only do Kara and ZA.
    Basically you need to bring a certain number of class x, spec y, in order to beat the encounter.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think (no experience in sunwell), also, that what compounds the problem to epic proportions is that a different specific set of class/specs is called for in each fight. So players are forced to sit out a lot, and, while you might have the right raid for one boss, you may not have the right raid for the next, so your night is shot.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would find progression raiding a lot more appealing if you didn't have to pretty much test all the content for Blizzard before it was released in order to be bleeding edge omg stand in org and look at mai gearz awesome.

TL DR on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would find progression raiding a lot more appealing if you didn't have to pretty much test all the content for Blizzard before it was released in order to be bleeding edge omg stand in org and look at mai gearz awesome.

Only douchebags do that, though. The fun in progression is knowing that you beat it first, not that you have phat lewts.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Ugh, I hate those bastards.

The worst I've seen is the gladiator netherdrake mount rewards you get for being a top competitor on the server or whatever.

One guy literally was logged on, flying his netherdrake for a week straight in front of the scryer bank. I never in the entire week logged on without seeing him hovering there, pimping his ride.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Hate: not enough people on for a Sunday Sunwell run? Fair enough, let's go tear up Hyjal!

5 hour later, Archimonde dies.

We wiped twice on the third or fourth boss, and once on one of said bosses trash waves. We did 31 waves of trash for that one boss.

/facepalm

I'd imagine said boss would be Azgalor because his trash is FULL OF CONCENTRATED EVIL

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »

Ugh, I hate those bastards.

The worst I've seen is the gladiator netherdrake mount rewards you get for being a top competitor on the server or whatever.

One guy literally was logged on, flying his netherdrake for a week straight in front of the scryer bank. I never in the entire week logged on without seeing him hovering there, pimping his ride.

I have two of those. On seperate accounts. I can fly both characters around the scryer bank at the same time, and do synchronized divebombings of the mere mortals around the bank.

HATE ME! Come to the dark side.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    There is a special place in hell reserved just for you.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't mind if he flies both of them around in pretty patterns

its the AFKing in orgrimmar or Shattrath that I hate

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hate: Dailies. They're just so boring. They're a great way to make money, but once you've done them enough to be exalted with their related faction, they're kinda getting stale.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    Hate: Dailies. They're just so boring. They're a great way to make money, but once you've done them enough to be exalted with their related faction, they're kinda getting stale.

I'm currently doing it with Argent Dawn rep by solo'ing strat.

Right now it's fun, but yeah I can see it getting old. The nice thing about solo farming instances though is that it's pretty relaxing since I don't have to worry about 16 bastard-rogues unstealthing to camp my body for 3 hours straight.

I hate IQD.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For awhile the only guy on Kul Tiras who had the legendary blades from BT would stand afk in IF, and occasionally duel other people. When the 3rd season ended and he got his drake for high rating he transferred to a different server. (Someone in /2 claimed he got the legendary from Sunwell, but I don't think the top guild alliance side has beaten the guy who drops that yet.)

Seg on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    Spoilered for slight off-topic:
    Genuine question i just have to ask for the raiders: Why bother? I'd understand wanting to see the big bosses if you haven't already (i'd guess in most cases you'd only have Kil'Jeaden to go), but none of you are having any fun by the sounds of things, and all you're getting from it is the kind of rage that makes you come here and froth and nash one's teeth. Really, is that worth hours of the worst-sounding boredom and frustration in the game?

So whats it gonna be? Wise up and do something more worth your time? (whilst lowering your stress and freeing you up to do FUN things) Or smash your head against a wall till it gets closer to the xpac, not getting any fun.

A few reasons for me.

- Like you said, seeing new content
    - Guild firsts are a great feeling.
    - Arenas suck even more (especially as a shaman)

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Right now it's fun, but yeah I can see it getting old. The nice thing about solo farming instances though is that it's pretty relaxing since I don't have to worry about 16 bastard-rogues unstealthing to camp my body for 3 hours straight.

I hate IQD.

Scholo is easier imo.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah but you can't not get the mount in scholo, where as in strat you can not get the mount.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    End wrote: »

I hate IQD.

Scholo is easier imo.

Yeah but less monies mirite

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    EWom wrote: »
    Yeah but you can't not get the mount in scholo, where as in strat you can not get the mount.

*head asplode*

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    EWom wrote: »

So, since it's a double negative, you can get the mount in Scholo?

reVerse on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    In Strat you at least have a chance at not getting the mount. While in Scholo there isn't a mount to not get.

Seg on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    In Strat you at least have a chance at not getting the mount. While in Scholo there isn't a mount to not get.

Made perfect sense to me.

Happy: Did heroic SP for the daily and got me some Midnight Legguards for my little DPS warrior. Almost hit capped!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I am in the process of transfering characters between accounts and come to the secret question. Now I am trying to remember what I used since I was totally out of it 3+ years ago.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I still laugh at warriors wearing leather, jesus.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I see tons of them at level 60-70 wearing leather dual weilding

Brainleech on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Happy: Killed bloodboil. After killing RoS last thursday, looks like we're finally out of our rut :rotate:

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Why?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Why?

Roll a rogue, basically

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If its an upgrade statswise, take it. I fail to see the big deal.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why?

Roll a rogue, basically

Why?

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why?

Roll a rogue, basically

Why?

Why Not?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The reason you see warriors wearing leather at times is because Blizzard gave us the finger when it came to early raid content. There is the badge armour now but that still takes some time, I myself am using the Midnight Legguards since theres nothing better for me, aside from Tier 4 or the badge ones. The hit is a big draw for that particular item, as well.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Why?

Roll a rogue, basically

Why?

Why Not?

Warrior is alot more fun than rogue, you hit about 4x more keys.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why?

Roll a rogue, basically

Why?

Why Not?

That's a retarded question, but since it's coming from you, I'm not surprised at all.

reVerse on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Seg wrote: »

Made perfect sense to me.

Happy: Did heroic SP for the daily and got me some Midnight Legguards for my little DPS warrior. Almost hit capped!

Are you a Slam-spec warrior? Because if you're dual-wielding and aiming for the hit cap... o_O

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    he may mean the special attacks hit cap

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    And he isn't getting anywhere near the fury hit cap if Midnight Leggaurds are an upgrade for him. Besides, it's a waste to aim for it anyway. He either is aiming for the slim 95-100 for yellow attack cap for fury, or the 142 overall cap for Arms.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why?

Roll a rogue, basically

Why?

Why Not?

That's a retarded question, but since it's coming from you, I'm not surprised at all.

:(

I was being sarcastic but I failed yet again

Brainleech on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    And he isn't getting anywhere near the fury hit cap if Midnight Leggaurds are an upgrade for him. Besides, it's a waste to aim for it anyway. He either is aiming for the slim 95-100 for yellow attack cap for fury, or the 142 overall cap for Arms.

I know it's a waste, hence the shock. You're right though, he's probably aiming for the 9% Special cap.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Q: why do Warriors wear leather?
    A: because plate gear is, for the most part, terribly itemized.

Any piece of gear you can socket with STR gems is better than a plate equivalent in Sunwell, be in Mail or Leather.

Leggings of Immotal Night > Felfury Legplates
    Gloves of Immortal Dusk > Borderland Paingrips
    Demontool Shoulderpads > Pauldrons of Berzerking
    Bladed Chaos Tunic > Warharness of Reckless Fury
    Coif of Alleria > Crown of Anasterian

There is literally a better non-plate drop for EVERY SLOT for DPS Warriors. Don't get me wrong, every plate drop is indeed an upgrade over T6 level gear, but it's not the best by a long shot.

In some cases the leather items are marginal upgrades, like in BT for example, Illidari Shatter -> Curse Vision is a nominal upgrade and mostly because of the item level difference. In Sunwell though, a TON of the plate gear is just so stupidly itemized it makes you wonder if they just rolled dice when determining item stat allocation.

edit for Hate: RNG loot, fuck you.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Happy: My Guild Started Archimonde last night. :lol:
    Hate: We ended up wiping for four hours on Archimonde last night. D:
    Hope: Maybe next week we can down Archimonde.

DharmaBum on
This discussion has been closed.