Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

KOTOR MMO officially confirmed (No, seriously)

13»

• OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    SammyF wrote: »
    I'm going to throw this out there: Return of the King was a poorly-done movie, purely from the standpoint of a film critic. The last twenty minutes or so in particular, where they go through about five scenes to tie up the loose ends of the narrative and for some inexplicable fucking reason Jackson decided to cut the scenes together with fades rather than transitional establishing shots. The audience I saw the movie with stood up to leave everytime the scene faded to black, expecting the credits to roll, and then sat down again with a frustrated sigh when a new scene faded back in. It's perplexing because cinematically, the other movies were done extraordinarily well. I don't know why Jackson got so fucking lazy with Return of the King.

I'm glad someone holds my opinion.

I love the Fellowship of the Ring movie. Its a near perfect adaptation of the book, given that some things had to be changed to work on film. Two Towers was rather enjoyable for the most part. But Return of the King? Bad movie.

Bad is taking it a little bit (a lot) too far. The ending may have had some poor editing choices but overall I think it was still a solid film.

OremLK on
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    OremLK wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    I'm going to throw this out there: Return of the King was a poorly-done movie, purely from the standpoint of a film critic. The last twenty minutes or so in particular, where they go through about five scenes to tie up the loose ends of the narrative and for some inexplicable fucking reason Jackson decided to cut the scenes together with fades rather than transitional establishing shots. The audience I saw the movie with stood up to leave everytime the scene faded to black, expecting the credits to roll, and then sat down again with a frustrated sigh when a new scene faded back in. It's perplexing because cinematically, the other movies were done extraordinarily well. I don't know why Jackson got so fucking lazy with Return of the King.

I'm glad someone holds my opinion.

I love the Fellowship of the Ring movie. Its a near perfect adaptation of the book, given that some things had to be changed to work on film. Two Towers was rather enjoyable for the most part. But Return of the King? Bad movie.

Bad is taking it a little bit (a lot) too far. The ending may have had some poor editing choices but overall I think it was still a solid film.

If show business really is the industry of "what have you done in the last 15 minutes?" then it shouldn't be an unreasonable opinion if people walked out of that movie feeling disappointed in the quality of the product. Because by the end of the movie the answer to the 15 minute question would have been "you've been sucking so hard." The other important question to ask that film would have been "what in the fuck happened to Sarumon?"

Anyway I seem to have unintentionally ruined this thread, and for that I apologize. If anyone else has anything pertinent to say about Knights of the Old Republic Online, speak now or forever hold your peace...until a new OP is started at some point a few months from now when someone actually has information about the game.

SammyF on
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Let's take any festering hatred of any Lord of the Rings media to D&D or something, huh? I'm sure people there will be willing to debate with you for hours on end.

SageinaRage on