Options

The Dark Knight

13468916

Posts

  • Options
    AlephAleph Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I read about that, apparently it originated from some tabloid so take it with a grain of salt. I don't remember about him being arrested though, all the news said was that the mom and sister lodged a report.

    Aleph on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I heard this on CBC (Canadian public broadcaster) Radio so I think it might be a bit more than tabloid rumour. Still, I'm a bit shocked at the idea of it. No doubt there will be more info later on this evening or tomorrow.

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    AlephAleph Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I always thought of Bale as a cool level-headed guy. Please, please let this be only a rumour or my perception of him will forever be shattered.

    Aleph on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Aleph wrote: »
    I always thought of Bale as a cool level-headed guy. Please, please let this be only a rumour or my perception of him will forever be shattered.

    Same here. I always thought of him as a pretty cool guy and I wouldn't have thought him capable of somethling like this if it's true. It certainly won't help him with future roles. Still, you look at somebody like Robert Downey JR. and how he's turned himself around. Guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    As a teenager, Wahlberg participated in several acts of violence and vandalism. He later claimed to have been in trouble 20-25 times with the Boston Police Department as a youth. By the age of thirteen Wahlberg had developed a serious addiction to cocaine and other substances.[6] At fifteen he harassed a group of African American school children on a field trip by throwing rocks (causing injuries) and shouting epithets.[7] When he was sixteen (again using racist language) after robbing a pharmacy under the influence of PCP, Wahlberg knocked a middle aged Vietnamese man unconscious, left another Vietnamese man permanently blinded in one eye, and attacked a security guard.[8][9][4] Wahlberg has said that he has no recollection of the incident because he passed out just before the police caught him.[4] For these crimes, Wahlberg was charged for attempted murder, pled guilty to assault, and was sentenced to two years in jail at Boston's Deer Island House of Correction, of which he served 45 days.[8][10] In yet another incident, a 21-year-old Wahlberg fractured the jaw of a neighbor in an unprovoked attack.[11]

    Nobody's worse than Mark Wahlberg.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MorithainMorithain Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Innocent until proven guilty, as always. Plus, England's tabloids are far worse than ours, so even though it's already been said, take this with a very very large grain of salt.

    What's stupid is Bale has said that he's avoided being in the limelight because he doesn't want the attention and the consequences that come with being a big star. So of course as soon as his biggest movie hits the tabloids go fucking insane.

    Morithain on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    As a teenager, Wahlberg participated in several acts of violence and vandalism. He later claimed to have been in trouble 20-25 times with the Boston Police Department as a youth. By the age of thirteen Wahlberg had developed a serious addiction to cocaine and other substances.[6] At fifteen he harassed a group of African American school children on a field trip by throwing rocks (causing injuries) and shouting epithets.[7] When he was sixteen (again using racist language) after robbing a pharmacy under the influence of PCP, Wahlberg knocked a middle aged Vietnamese man unconscious, left another Vietnamese man permanently blinded in one eye, and attacked a security guard.[8][9][4] Wahlberg has said that he has no recollection of the incident because he passed out just before the police caught him.[4] For these crimes, Wahlberg was charged for attempted murder, pled guilty to assault, and was sentenced to two years in jail at Boston's Deer Island House of Correction, of which he served 45 days.[8][10] In yet another incident, a 21-year-old Wahlberg fractured the jaw of a neighbor in an unprovoked attack.[11]

    Nobody's worse than Mark Wahlberg.

    Wow, that's quite a rap sheet.

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The part that baffles me is getting nabbed on attempted murder, pleading down to assualt, getting 2 1/2 years and serving 45 days. I assume/hope this is due to the whole "time served while awaiting trial = double" thing I've heard about (true/false?), but still... serving just over a year for that strikes me as getting off all but scott free.

    I've liked some of his movies, and recognize that he seems to have cleaned up his shit since then, but when I read that a while back I was pretty disgusted.

    Also, I sincerely hope that this "assaulting his mom/sister" thing is bullshit or blown out of proportion. Like, he put down his teacup a little too harshly or something. I'm not blind to the idea that people I enjoy as actors can do bad/stupid things, but I've always though he was better than shit like this, and so I remain cautiously optimistic about it.

    I mean, we've forgiven other actors for much more heinous transgressions unless he attempted to throw them off a balcony or something.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How serious could it have been if he wasn't arrested on the spot?

    Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Also, I sincerely hope that this "assaulting his mom/sister" thing is bullshit or blown out of proportion. Like, he put down his teacup a little too harshly or something. I'm not blind to the idea that people I enjoy as actors can do bad/stupid things, but I've always though he was better than shit like this, and so I remain cautiously optimistic about it.

    I heard Aaron Eckhart actually assaulted his mother and sister, but Bale's taking the blame for it.

    Munch on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well played, Munch.

    jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Also, I sincerely hope that this "assaulting his mom/sister" thing is bullshit or blown out of proportion. Like, he put down his teacup a little too harshly or something. I'm not blind to the idea that people I enjoy as actors can do bad/stupid things, but I've always though he was better than shit like this, and so I remain cautiously optimistic about it.

    I heard Aaron Eckhart actually assaulted his mother and sister, but Bale's taking the blame for it.

    *TDK SPOILER ALERT*
    He's the hero that England deserves, but not the one it needs right now ... and so we'll hunt him ... because he can take it ... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Dark Knight.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Story link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1037313/Batman-star-Christian-Bale-released-bail-amid-claims-assaulted-mother-sister.html

    Drudge has it up on his headline
    I don't care what you think about drudge just telling you where I got the link from

    smokmnky on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    the daily mail is a tabloid.

    Angry on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    smokmnky on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    way to go england.

    Angry on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.

    Still that's pretty weak. I mean I get the idea of intent but that's like Minority Report pre-crime stuff.

    smokmnky on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.

    Still that's pretty weak. I mean I get the idea of intent but that's like Minority Report pre-crime stuff.

    he also chased them naked while revving a chainsaw, so

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.

    Still that's pretty weak. I mean I get the idea of intent but that's like Minority Report pre-crime stuff.

    he also chased them naked while revving a chainsaw, so
    Just in case anyone is missing this, he's making American Psycho references. Next we'll be talking about Hewie Lewis and the News.

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.

    Still that's pretty weak. I mean I get the idea of intent but that's like Minority Report pre-crime stuff.

    he also chased them naked while revving a chainsaw, so
    Just in case anyone is missing this, he's making American Psycho references. Next we'll be talking about Hewie Lewis and the News.

    I knew that, just stating my point

    smokmnky on
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ...Do you think he used the Bat Voice?

    Maybe he was just talking normally, slipped into the Bat-Voice and his mother and sister called the cops.

    Cause I mean, come on, that is an assault on the ears.

    ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I just saw this. Can we talk about the movie again rather than trumped up British Tabloid angles?

    So, I think this is the best movie I've ever seen. That's all I can say about it, I just fucking loved it so much.

    I can't believe they got away with a PG-13 rating. There were some really young kids in the audience and I wasn't sure if they should be seeing some of that shit.
    One of my favorite parts is when the Joker was going to make those two guys fight for a spot on his crew. I kept hoping that some heavily scarred black guy was going to show up as one of the Joker's Lieutenants.

    MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I just saw this. Can we talk about the movie again rather than trumped up British Tabloid angles?

    So, I think this is the best movie I've ever seen. That's all I can say about it, I just fucking loved it so much.

    I can't believe they got away with a PG-13 rating. There were some really young kids in the audience and I wasn't sure if they should be seeing some of that shit.
    One of my favorite parts is when the Joker was going to make those two guys fight for a spot on his crew. I kept hoping that some heavily scarred black guy was going to show up as one of the Joker's Lieutenants.
    heh, he actually makes three guys fight for one spot

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I just saw this. Can we talk about the movie again rather than trumped up British Tabloid angles?

    So, I think this is the best movie I've ever seen. That's all I can say about it, I just fucking loved it so much.

    I can't believe they got away with a PG-13 rating. There were some really young kids in the audience and I wasn't sure if they should be seeing some of that shit.
    One of my favorite parts is when the Joker was going to make those two guys fight for a spot on his crew. I kept hoping that some heavily scarred black guy was going to show up as one of the Joker's Lieutenants.
    heh, he actually makes three guys fight for one spot

    I thought that was weird. I mean, how are they supposed to play a proper game of pool with half a stick? Plus, with three of them, they would probably have to play more than one game.

    Lux on
  • Options
    ClausClaus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lux wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I just saw this. Can we talk about the movie again rather than trumped up British Tabloid angles?

    So, I think this is the best movie I've ever seen. That's all I can say about it, I just fucking loved it so much.

    I can't believe they got away with a PG-13 rating. There were some really young kids in the audience and I wasn't sure if they should be seeing some of that shit.
    One of my favorite parts is when the Joker was going to make those two guys fight for a spot on his crew. I kept hoping that some heavily scarred black guy was going to show up as one of the Joker's Lieutenants.
    heh, he actually makes three guys fight for one spot

    I thought that was weird. I mean, how are they supposed to play a proper game of pool with half a stick? Plus, with three of them, they would probably have to play more than one game.

    Cut-throat. Perfect three man game.

    Ahh. Really I just loved this movie so much, and I have nothing to add besides a bad pool joke.

    Claus on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I loved how easily Batman took down the Scarecrow. It really showed how much better he became in between the two movies.

    BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I loved how easily Batman took down the Scarecrow. It really showed how much better he became in between the two movies.

    I like how Scarecrow seemed to almost enjoy it.

    Like, he and Batman had clashed before, and this was no big deal. Maybe that's why Batman brought the power suit that time?

    Mr Pink on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I mean, sure, Batman did improve since Begins

    But like, Rachel took Scarecrow out with a taser, so

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I really wish Scarecrow had played a larger role in the movie (though I totally understand that it would have been very crowded if he had)

    I just love Cillian Murphy, I hope he shows up again.

    ShimSham on
  • Options
    digiwizarddigiwizard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I really hated how they recasted Rachel and gave the part to Maggie Gyllenhaal. I mean sure, Maggie was the better actress, but she didn't really need to act. She just needed to stand there and look hot while Bruce pined over her, which she failed at. I liked Katie Holmes.

    :(

    digiwizard on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, you know, Katie Holmes really didn't bother me all that much in Batman Begins. Given the choice between the two, though, I would definitely take Gyllenhaal for that role, even if she looks like an 80-year-old woman.

    Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    You're a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.

    :lol:

    I got it.

    Regicid3 on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    digiwizard wrote: »
    I really hated how they recasted Rachel and gave the part to Maggie Gyllenhaal. I mean sure, Maggie was the better actress, but she didn't really need to act. She just needed to stand there and look hot while Bruce pined over her, which she failed at. I liked Katie Holmes.

    :(

    They didn't recast it, in the sense you're portraying it: Holmes didn't want to return.

    mattharvest on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i can't believe ledger made me laugh at an insane homicidal criminal.
    I mean the dude is there trying to blow up a fucking hospital, about the worst thing you can do, and I'm laughing at him while he can't get the explosives to go off. That is fucked up right there.

    Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    that scene is even more amazing when you realize it was one take and done.

    matt isn't totally correct, holmes did want to reprise the role, but she committed to some bomb and couldn't do it. maggie apparantly asked holmes if she minded her taking the role and katie had no objections.

    holmes was fine for me in begins as well, but i like maggie gyllenhaal a lot and despite what you internet gigolos say she is very attractive.

    Angry on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    While I didn't hate Holmes in BB, I did feel she was the weak point in the movie, so losing her and gaining an actress with (imo) greater acting skills was a smart move.

    And I agree with Angry, Gyllenhaal is a gorgeous woman.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    OH GOD I JUST SAW IT LAST NIGHT

    So goddamn good.

    Furu on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I personally knew I was just going to sit there, rapt, when Joker did his magic trick with the pencil. It was just obscenely perfect.

    mattharvest on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Furu wrote: »
    OH GOD I JUST SAW IT LAST NIGHT

    So goddamn good.


    Welcome to last week, Furu. Get with the times!

    Better yet, get in a time machine and go back and see it opening night.

    And take me with you.

    Mr Pink on
Sign In or Register to comment.