Options

Just looking for some crits Edit: 8/20/08 Sundown

2»

• Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, to be honest, I definitely know what you're saying about the ribs. I'm pretty good with visualization and correcting things after a critique. :) But still, a paintover would be much appreciated.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    KunkohKunkoh Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    RadarCombinecopy.gif
    Ok, this is pretty quick, but I hope it'll get the point across. You said you realized the ribs don't go right up to the pecs, and are overlapped with muscle - we agree. BUT, your drawing on the left doesn't show what you know. Note, you drew the ribs as if they DID come right up to the pecs - NOT overlapped with muscle. On the right you drew them more correctly.

The ribs should be under (blue line) that first "ab" rather than over it (red line actual placement in drawing) ; but that would put them too low. Note how large the upper "ab" is so long on the left vs thin and wide on the top?

In addition, that "ab", even though it's part of the ab muscle group; doesn't usually show up as part of the 6pack.
    abs.gif
    See how his 6-pack starts below the ribs? Don't forget the lats either.

Kunkoh on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ok, here's somethin' new. I'm not sure I added enough weight/bulk to his form, again, but I tried to get the muscles in the right places.

ecbd233835667695ae7c1bf1ea904450.jpg

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's definately better, though I'm still feeling like your not giving the pectorals enough bulk. In laymans terms, they don't stick out enough. Also you might want to try some Loomis excercises on the head and faces, I think there is definate room for improvement there.

Still props were props are due, it's much better than your last one, the legs are fucking great.

Mustang on
  • Options
    KunkohKunkoh Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HUGE improvement. From face to toes. Especially in the mid torso which looks nailed to me, including the pecs. IMO they don't have to be any bigger for that build which reminds me of a swimmer or runner. Look at Phelps, his aren't any bigger than that.
    OB-CA391_0811ph_20080811000328.jpg

Now some swimmers will have bigger pecs, but everyone is different. Your drawings pecs look fine to me.

Kunkoh on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    d81d03b1c72a39ab0c293af180c71a51.jpg

Ok, this one, I was a little worried about the ribs being too defined. But he is a thinner guy and I'm not sure how else I'd do them. I know the pose is static, and I've done a number of fairly static poses lately. Next one I do I'm gonna try to throw in some more action. Also, I know you said that the last one's pecs were ok (and I agree with you, some people have smaller pecs), but I still tried to stick these pecs out a little more, to make sure I could do it.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    849f60ec194196bbd265962404073faf.jpg

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt