As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] - Dark Heresy : Optimus Usurpo

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    1d100=16 with bonuses and penalties = 6. Success.
    Damage: 1d10+2=3

Boaz's chainsword roars to life as he charges at the Frexid attacking Parthus. He deftly cuts a deep wound into the beast's foreleg, causing it to hiss in pain and turn its attention towards the cleric. Parthus strikes with his sword while the creature's attention is divided, and he cuts the head clean off the beast, causing a large amount of its foul-smelling blood to spray out.

Attempt to cast Fearful Aura: 2d10+3=6. Failure

Paba grimaces with concentration and tries to call upon spirits to drive away the fast-approaching Frexid, but, for whatever reason, they fail to heed his instructions.

Cain holds his ground, knife out - apparently he lacks any ranged weapons. "What are you doing standing there looking like that?!" he shouts at Paba. "Draw your weapon!"

((It is now Viswanat's turn.))

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Taking a moment to center himself, Viswanat whispers to his pistol before pointing it at the Frexid nearest Paba, though its quick movements make it difficult to get a good shot. Viswanat squeezes the trigger and the round sails wide.
    Half: aim (+10 BS)
    Half: attack Frexid: 1d100=97 vs BS 34+20, miss!
    Possible Jam (Reliable weapon): 1d10=9, no jam

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The trio of frexid you can see gain speed, clearing the meters between them and your group startingly fast. They launch themselves at their would-be prey, but the ones who targeted Viswanat misses him by a few inches, and the one who was jumping at Paba manages to land wrong and trips over itself. However, the one with its sights set for Parthus is right on the mark, and sinks its fangs into his unprotected neck.

Several more Frexid can be heard coming towards you.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ((It's your turn, Boaz.))

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Boaz lunges at the creature attacking Pathus, leveling his chainsword across its back with an all-out attack.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    1d100=27 Positive bonuses negate difficulty modifers. Success.

1d10+2=4, 1d10+2=10 10 damage.

Boaz splits the Frexid in twain, the force of the blow sending the two halves flying.

"Thank you," Parthus says, grimacing. He moves to attack the Frexid that tried to attack Paba, but his sword swings wide, missing his target.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Paba mentally calls out to the spirits of his homeworld once more, hoping to exude the aura of the beasts living there.

((Let's try fear aura again.))

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    2d10+3=21, a rousing success. Overbleed bonus gives you Fear Rating of 3.

The Frexid suddenly all turn and flee back the way they came, screeching in a terrified fashion.

"I don't know what sort of witchery just transpired, but let's get through this hole while we've got the chance," snaps Cain.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "S'not witchery, 'tis da glory of da Emp'rah wot scaret away those mites. You go first now, see?" Paba says with a grin as he watches them run away.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Viswanat pauses to reload before sheathing his weapon. He then bends over the discarded lascutter, reciting a quick prayer of repentance as he lifts it from the ground and quickly inspects if for damage

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "I am in agreement with Cain. We should take advantage of the situation and move on before those... Frexid? regain their nerve and return."

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Parthus ducks through the hole, prepared to cut anything down. There are a couple Frexid on the other side, but, for the moment at least, they are cowed and pose no threat.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Somewhat unnerved by the current state of the Frexid, Viswanat gingerly steps past them. He glances over to Boat, "Perhaps we should consider exterminating these creatures now, while we have the advantage."

delroland on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Brother Boaz nods, still clutching his sullied chainsword in both hands. "Then let us put them to slaughter, and spare none."

He pushes his way though the hole following Parthus, and rushes the nearest creature with a charging attack.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The Frexid tries to move, but with its back to the wall it doesn't have enough room to evade your strike. You kill them with ease.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Cain hasn't bothered to stop while you have cut down the cowering Frexid, and he's maybe twenty meters ahead when he shouts back to you. "Get your rope up here, we're going to have to descend!"

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Paba jogs up and shines his lamp, looking to see how far they would have to descend.

((How far down can I see?))

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The hole is about fifteen feet in diameter, and the walls are rough and uneven, enough to allow for better footing but not so much as to be jagged and dangerous to the touch. Your light does not reach the bottom.

"Must be a good hundred meters, at least," Cain says. "The floor must've collapsed here, I used to walk right over this. No worries though, if it comes out where I think it does it'll end up saving us time in the end."

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "Aftah you den, Cain, I'll secure the line."

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "You do that, I'll make sure the bottom's clear."

Cain hooks his lamp to his belt and bends forward as it if to touch his toes... only, at a certain point, you hear a sickening crackle, and his knees have bent backwards. Now, looking like a four-legged spider, he scurries over with surprising speed and disappears down the hole.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "...Dat's not right" Paba says with a grimace as he secures the rope around a sturdy column of rockcrete. "How'd you do dat, preacha man?", he calls down the hole.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    There's a pause as your qustion echoes down the hole, then Cain replies. "I'll explain once you're all down here in one piece," he says.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "Ah'm sure as hell not comin' down there if you're some kinda freaky weirdo mutant preacha."

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "I am a twist, and what are you? A savage pagan witch, to be generous," Cain's retort echos bitterly. "I did not choose my lot in life any more than you did."

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ((I'll assume Boaz followed along with Paba and saw at least most of Cain's biology-defying stunt.))

Brother Boaz sneers intensely down the collapsed shaft. "How indeed." He looks at Paba and nods toward the rope leading down the hole. "Follow him first, we should determine his nature sooner than later."

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ((You will need to roll multiple Agility tests to successfully descend the rope. Decide which order you are going to descend, and then each player can make their rolls.))

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "Fine, fine, ahll go first. If he be freaky ah can take him I guess" Paba says softly as he starts climbing down the rope.

((Any special modifiers or anything?))

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    (Roll for my character to go after Lawninator's character succeeds.))

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "Fine, fine, ahll go first. If he be freaky ah can take him I guess" Paba says softly as he starts climbing down the rope.

((Any special modifiers or anything?))

((You'll be rolling three Agility tests with a -10 penalty for difficulty. If you fail a test by two or less degrees, you simply have to make another successful roll to continue down. However, if you fail a test by more than two degrees, you will have to make a Strength test to keep your grip on the rope.))

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Paba Clavu climbs down most of the way, loses his grip, and falls.

((Can you do a psychic thing to make me levitate? Or at least stop falling?))

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ((Yes, you can attempt to Levitate to stop falling. Or you could use a Fate Point to reroll.))

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ((Do my roll. I don't want to look for my book.))

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ((Personally, I don't think a fate point will do much good, unless the Willpower success will be low. With three successive Difficult (-10) rolls, statistically 2/3rds of us are each *going* to fail at some point along the way.))

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ((Do my roll. I don't want to look for my book.))
    1d10=8, 1d10=10
    WP test: 1d100+10=22

Success.

Paba summons the strength of his ancestors to stop him from falling, and he can feel their arms grab him and stop his rapid descent.

Utsanomiko wrote:
    ((Personally, I don't think a fate point will do much good, unless the Willpower success will be low. With three successive Difficult (-10) rolls, statistically 2/3rds of us are each *going* to fail at some point along the way.))

((Fair enough, no more -10 modifier then, and it will take at least 4 degrees of failure to actually require a STR test.))

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "By Saint Enrique, are you alive down there, tribal?" the cleric shots downward. He doesn't wait long for a reply; he'll find out soon enough either way.

Boaz holsters his sword finally and attempts his descent, taking the rope in both hands.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "Ah'm okay, never trusted no stinkin' rope anyway!" Paba calls up as he gently starts to float down.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    As Paba lands on the ground at the bottom of the hole, he looks up to see Cain clinging to the ceiling, in the process of suspending a net underneath the hole. "Fancy tricks you've got," he says. "I'm getting this put up in case somebody else happens to lose their grip."

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "Well I guess we all got our special abilities eh, twisty man?" Paba says to Cain as he surveys the area with his light.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The hole has opened into a small cavern composed of rubble and detritus - it looks as though it formed naturally through the shifting of debris rather than deliberately constructed.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "How stable do you tink dis cave is?"

TheLawinator on