As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Proper Drinking

• RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The best non-alcoholic drink that could pass for one is Sparkling Cider.
    Martinelli's is a popular brand. I love drinking that stuff.

Rinder on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Have recently become a fan of Chimay, but boy does that make my stomach hurt

Usagi on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm just going to shug this bourbon till I fall asleep or die

Javen on
  • UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have never had a hangover.

:D

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
    edited August 2008
    AIMS: To determine the incidence and covariates of hangover following a night of moderate alcohol consumption at a targeted breath alcohol level. DESIGN: Data were combined from three randomized cross-over trials investigating the effects of heavy drinking on next-day performance. A total of 172 participants received either alcoholic beverage (mean=0.115 g% breath alcohol concentration) or placebo on one night and the other beverage a week later. The next day, participants completed a hangover scale. PARTICIPANTS: Participants were 54 professional merchant mariners attending a recertification course at Kalmar Maritime Academy (Kalmar, Sweden) and 118 university students or recent graduates recruited from greater Boston. SETTING: One trial was conducted at Kalmar Maritime Academy (Sweden); the other two were conducted at the General Clinical Research Center at Boston Medical Center. MEASUREMENTS: A nine-item scale assessed hangover. FINDINGS: Hangover was reported by 76% of participants. Neither alcoholic beverage type nor participant characteristics was associated with incidence of hangover. CONCLUSIONS: Our findings on the propensity of hangover suggest that 25-30% of drinkers may be resistant to hangover.

Javen on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rinder wrote: »
    The best non-alcoholic drink that could pass for one is Sparkling Cider.
    Martinelli's is a popular brand. I love drinking that stuff.

oh h5 dude

I can drink that shit by the bottle

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WileyWiley In the dirt.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Edit- Wrong thread.

Wiley on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Javen wrote: »

another lonely night?

ZeroFill on
    edited August 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »

another lonely night?

I don't think so, but I honestly can't remember.

Javen on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    the best part of this thread is watching the slow (or rapid) decent of various people into alcoholism

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I made the most incredible musical mistake tonight. In a performance.

Man am I gonna hit the booze hard. Starting off with a Diet coke+root beer + rum, then going for what I believe if called the Afghanistany Whore.

Khavall on
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

another lonely night?

I would get trashed alone tonight and then say inappropriate things to people via the internet or phone but I have to be up at around 5am tomorrow

ZeroFill on
    edited August 2008
    the best part of this thread is watching the slow (or rapid) decent of various people into alcoholism

what was that terrible soda you discovered? I want to find it and trick someone into drinking it

ZeroFill on
    edited August 2008

another lonely night?

I would get trashed alone tonight and then say inappropriate things to people via the internet or phone but I have to be up at around 5am tomorrow

Every night I do at least one of those things

rarely both, however

Javen on
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The finest way to get drunk alone is off a couple of bottles of Fin du Monde.

It is great and I have never gotten a hangover off of it.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I surprised my friends last night by putting away four Yuenglings in about 10 minutes and being very pleasant. I really love that beer. It's pretty good and it's 4.99 for a six pack.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

what was that terrible soda you discovered? I want to find it and trick someone into drinking it

rootbeerG2544.JPG

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

rootbeerG2544.JPG

Goddamn that looks like it should be good.

Khavall on
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I bought a 12 pack of Hamm's today. Who wants an 11 pack of Hamm's?

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited August 2008
    Khavall wrote: »

rootbeerG2544.JPG

IT IS NOT!

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I have three of them Shoe, do you want them?

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

You'd think, wouldn't you?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, speaking of drinking, when I was in Hawaii, I met this drunken old guy. He gave me...strange advice. Such as "Listen, you really shouldn't worry about the ladies. They should be the least of your priorities...not sayin' I'm gay or anything, I was quite the whoremonger." and "Remember, this plane is the LOWEST of all of them. You need to get to a higher one, OK?"

Wallhitter on
    edited August 2008

no goddamn I learned my lesson

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

no goddamn I learned my lesson

diabetic comas are painful lessons, but they get the point across

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    dead-in-the-eyes-and-coming-for-you-specifically.jpg

Weaver on
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Vanilla Vodka goes surprisingly well with everything.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

rootbeerG2544.JPG

IT IS NOT!

How can something with Root beer not be good?

weather man bob on
  • peter64peter64 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I decide to drink a bottle of Charles Shaw tonight. I love $2 wine.

peter64 on
    things out of context are funny
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I have some money now and I'm thinking of giving one of my friends a list of stuff I want to try the next time we hang out, since I have pretty much zero time to go shopping for stuff between work and school. What should I have her get that I, as an inexperienced drinker, might enjoy?

Mai-Kero on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jagermeister
    Mt. Gay rum

L|ama on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Gonna go to party tomorrow

Set myself up with a whole case of Carlton to my disposal and no-one elses.

Gonna rock pretty hard son.

The Black Hunter on
    edited August 2008
    so lucky i got this tall can of king cobra tonight

i was banned from the store for being so drunk last time i was there but the lady working let me in anyways

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

that reminds me, I should see if vodka makes Brio taste any better. perhaps rum.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

rootbeerG2544.JPG

IT IS NOT!

I can attest to this statement. and the previous one, too.

It should be good.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Set myself up with a whole case of Carlton to my disposal and no-one elses.

Gonna rock pretty hard son.

Little follow up.

Motherfuckers drank my beer (I still got politely drunk mind)

Some people peed on every door into my school for no real reason, the school was close, I'll let other people open doors for me from now on

arranged 30 STAX canisters around the entrance to the school

Girl I was most looking forward to coming didn't come
    The girl who came a close second didn't either
    My best mate didn't rock up

Still had a blast

Have my first hangover how do I make it stop

The Black Hunter on
    edited August 2008

Have my first hangover how do I make it stop

Gatorade, some excedrin and food, and a nap

ZeroFill on
    edited August 2008
    I think I am gonna puke
    I was fine last night

i am gonna puke brb

The Black Hunter on
    edited August 2008
    okay I puked

it was basically all water
    when I woke up I overdid the water drinking

waterpuke all over the bathroom

Oh man the headache just got worse

The Black Hunter on
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    if you leave any alcohol unattended wherever and whatever it is, it will be drank

Sara Lynn on