Options

[Mini-Phalla] Phalla Royale Lone Wolf Victory (Game End)

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sorry, I made some mistakes tonight. Anyhow, all PMs are out. I can resolve whenever actions are all in tomorrow if you guys all want that.

Ardor on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well this is the furthest I've ever come in one of these games. And I've had fun along the way.

Good luck gentlemen.

durax on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    If you guys get everything resolved by the morning, I can let you go 1 more day since we added more folks in. For the sake of time though, I'd like the game to end by tomorrow night.

Ardor on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    :( I was hoping my bulletproof vest would you know... actually save me from something.

EDIT: OooOOooOOoO

Also, iamtheaznman and I were planning some epic 1v1 action for the last day... that obviously ended well.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Day four shows you having a Pot lid, not a bulletproof vest.

If you really did have one, PM Ardor, because you are probably still alive.

durax on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I found one on the ground. It's all good though. I'll remember this, B:L :P

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ooooooo

Apparently my grenade did not work as intended... was it forgotten or did I get killed before I could use it? Oh well.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    While I was sick last night, it's a poor excuse for me missing so many actions. Crimson did choose to take the BP vest when I thought he did not.

Again, I apologize.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thanks Ardor. "You da man," as they say.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    OooOooOOooooooO

Go go Crimson

oOOOOOoooOOOOo

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    ooooooo

Apparently my grenade did not work as intended... was it forgotten or did I get killed before I could use it? Oh well.

Guns go before melee, which goes before explosives. Since you died before you could use it, it didn't go off.

Ardor on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ardor wrote: »
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    ooooooo

Guns go before melee, which goes before explosives. Since you died before you could use it, it didn't go off.

oooOOOoo

Haha I are good at reading

OooOoo

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hay crimson my bestest buddy in the world.

Did you see that Edcrab guy shooting at you? Man, that guy.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    Hay crimson my bestest buddy in the world.

Did you see that Edcrab guy shooting at you? Man, that guy.

lol
    This should be interesting.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    [size=+2]Game End.[/size]

Maximus begins by charging Durax with his sword, only to have it deflected by a pot lid. However, Crimsoncoyote managed to strangle Durax with a length of wire. Unfortunately, Durax shrugged it off and you could now see the madness in his eyes and the frothing at the mouth. He was obviously here by his own choosing!

B:L successfully breaks the pot lid shield that Crimconcoyote was using with his axe.

As everyone clumped together, Durax placed a well timed grenade into the center of the pack, killing everyone but him due to the blast, emerging the victor in the game.

“It seems we have a winner!

Too bad it’s the guy who signed up for fun. I mean, I was hoping we’d see some competition otherwise, but I suppose in the end, it’s always those who are here by choice.”

Lone Wolf victory for Durax!

Thanks again for playing in the game, I apologize for any mistakes I made along the way that you all caught. I hope you had fun.

I’d love to hear feedback on the game, let me know what you liked and did not like.

Ardor on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You bastard.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Durax had a few choices of bonuses, he chose the 1 free life and 20% bonus to hit.

I also gave him the option of having all of his attacks go first in the round period or he could have a 10% bonus to dodge/attack and his attacks went first in the respective round.

I'll post the action phases shortly.

Also, both Maximus and Durax killed their rivals, getting the bonus.

Oddly enough, until the final night, I don't think any attack was ever made to Durax.

Ardor on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well, damn. And I gave him my baseball bat too.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Damn it Crimson, if you hadn't survived, I woulda offed Durax. :x

• Options
    edited July 2008
    WOOT!

Thanks goes to all the people who helped me along the way.

durax on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    YES! CC and Maximus both die!

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Day 1 action rounds:

Corn Fields: Thelawinator ; Stew_Stick ; Kuhlmeye ; Cold Salmon and Hatred ; Speedyswaf

Kuhlmeye displays a switchblade and lunges for Stew_Stick, missing him.
    Speedyswaf lunges for Stew_Stick with a length of wire and misses, he also was unable to disarm him.
    Thelawinator slices through Stew_Stick with his sword, killing him.

Forest: Thetheroo ; Maximus ; Toxic Toys ; Crimsoncoyote ;

Thetheroo lunges at Crimsoncoyote with his sword, but Crimsoncoyote’s pot lid shield deflects the attack!
    CrimsonCoyote and Toxic Toys have a standaoff. Crimsoncoyote grabs a coconut from the ground and lunges to hit Toxic toys with it, but misses.
    Toxic Toys grabs Crimsoncoyote by the hair, pulls his head back, slices his throat with his switchblade. However, as Crimsoncoyote falls to the ground, he pulls out a first aid kit and is able to bandage himself up and get away.
    Maximus slices right though Thetheroo with his sword, killing him.

Plains: Iamtheaznman ; Tehcoolryan ; Ragnar Danneskjold ; Egos ; Durax ; Drez ; Mr. Defecation

Drez undresses in the middle of the plains and blows his megaphone at everyone, distracting them.
    Ragnar Danneskjold takes out his handgun and fires at both Iamtheaznman and Egos, but misses them both.
    Mr. Defecation takes shots at Ragnar Danneskjold with his handgun, but misses.
    Iamtheaznman pulls out his shotgun and with 2 shots is able to kill Egos and Mr. Defecation.
    Durax is able to tie Ragnar Danneskjold up with a shoestring, killing him.

Warehouse: Wildcat ; Rainfall ; Thorgot ; Devoutlyapathetic

Rainfall takes out her Uzi and fires at both Devoutlyapathetic and Thorgot. Thorgot was missed and Devoutlyapathetic’s bulletproof vest saved his life.
    Devoutlyapathetic knocks Thorgot flat with his frying pan, nullifying Thorgot’s turn.
    Wildcat successfully mugs devoutlyapathetic with his baseball bat.

Day 2 action rounds:

Corn Fields: Wildcat

Nothing happened in here tonight.

Forest: Maximus ; Toxic Toys ; iamtheaznman ; devoutlyapathetic ; thelawinator
    BCC: crimsoncoyote

DevoutlyApathetic takes out his shotgun which has a carved name on it “My little friend” and points it at Maximus saying “Make us wait for you will you?”. While both shots connected, Maximus got back up thanks to his bulletproof vest.

Maximus, Toxic Toys and Thelawinator all charge Iamtheaznman with a sword, switchblade and sword respectively. Maximus takes 2 swings and missed both times. Toxic Toys shouts out “I’m gonna stab you 37 times!”. However, he was unsuccessful. Thelawinator however was almost able to kill Iamtheaznman if it weren’t blocked by the pot lid that iamtheaznman held.

Plains: tehcoolryan ; durax ; drez ; thorgot ; cold salmon and hatred ; speedyswaf

Drez, still undressed, runs up to Cold Salmon and Hatred, kneels in front of him and blows him with the megaphone, distracting and potentially disturbing the rest of the zone.

Durax pulls out a handgun and fires shots at both Thorgot and Speedyswaf, but was unable to hit either of them. Speedyswaf pulled out his shotgun and blasted both Thorgot and Tehcoolryan, killing them both.

Warehouse: Rainfall ; kuhlmeye

Rainfall and Kuhlmeye stand off. Rainfall with her baseball bat and Kuhlmeye with his switchblade. Kuhlmeye was unable to get any good stabs in and Rainfall was unable to mug Kuhlmeye.

Day 3 Action Rounds:

Forest: Iamtheaznman ; Maximus

Iamtheaznman and Maximus square off.

Maximus pulls out a shotgun and begins with 2 shots that connect with his target, however the bulletproof vest that Iamtheaznman wears saves his life.

Iamtheaznman returns the favor with his frying pan, knocking maximus to the ground after a face hit.

Plains: Drez ; crimsoncoyote ; BCC cold salmon and hatred ;

Drez runs towards some location in the background when faced with Crimsoncoyote and his switchblade and runs into Cold Salmon and Hatred. Drez, still undressed, touches his megaphone in a sexy way, attempts to sneak up to Cold Salmon and Hatred and punches him mortally in the face.

However, Drez staggers back realizing he was stabbed by a sword. As he turns around, crimsoncoyote also stabs him with a switchblade. As Drez dies, he still fondles his megaphone.

Warehouse: Durax ; Speedyswaf ; kuhlmeye ; thelawinator

Durax pulls out a handgun, Speedyswaf pulls out a shotgun and Kuhlmeye pulls out an uzi. Durax begins by shooting thelawinator at the same time speedyswaf fires a shotgun round into him as well. Speedyswaf then takes a shot at Kuhlmeye and misses. Kuhlmeye brings out his uzi and aims at speedyswaf, filling him with holes.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Ianator wrote: »
    Well, damn. And I gave him my baseball bat too.

Throughout the game I was trying to upgrade everyone lethality. I knew I couldn't be the lone survivor unless all the players were as blood thirsty as I was. Every time I saw someone with a potentially non-lethal weapon I tried to upgrade them (Which is why I gave you the sword -- it only kills and has a 10% advantage over the bat). These types of deals were good for everyone involved (Although B:L and Drez both refused). On that night in particular I was hidden just when everyone was entering zone3 so I knew I couldn't be on the receiving end of any of the damage.

I owe a lot of this to blind luck. Starting the game with a bulletproof vest deterred a large amount of people from attacking me and I also think Ardor failing to hide my (incorrect) item list Yesterday was something that contributed to everyone centralizing around one target. (Though at the time, that did not make me happy. Sorry, Ardor, if I was completely callus to your sickness while I complained. [I hope you are feeling better]).

And I am very grateful that others were willing to work with me, Mr. D on Day1 (Darn you guys for killing him). Kuhlmeye (who out gunned me in every way), Zot, for not blowing me up etc.

As for feedback on the design of the game itself, I applaud that there are no hackers, and getting rid of the redVote really lets people kill without fear of recourse. There were two things I missed though
    1) I really wanted a melee weapon that could hit multiple targets.
    2) And I miss the option of escaping the island, but get that there's probably no room for it in a game this small.

Overall though, I very much enjoyed it. Thanks for running it, Ardor.

durax on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, if I had went with my original order...Durax might have died, but it would've resulted in a tie because no one else would've. :|

• Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    really should've just used both my blasts on B:L

one day I'll figure out how to not die at this game!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    really should've just used both my blasts on B:L

one day I'll figure out how to not die at this game!

Maybe you should throw a grenade or something!

• Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh yeah right B:L

throwin' explosives

that's how we solve me not dying

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    Oh yeah right B:L

throwin' explosives

that's how we solve me not dying

You don't need to throw a grenade to cause explosions.

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, I figured Durax was the Lone Wolf. I tried to kill him at least.

And where's the love, roo? </3

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sorry again Durax, I would've been upset if I were you as well.

I wanted to ask about how people felt about the mugging option of the baseball bat and the chance to disarm someone with the length of wire. Should I just give players the option of choosing kill or disarm for the wire? Alternatively, should I make the baseball bat work as the wire does now, where if you fail to kill your opponent you may instead grab a random item off them with a % chance?

The megaphone is something I tried to make useful. In past games, it simply was a free action allowing you to shout messages to your zone and any surrounding zones. What do you all think of it?

I also reduced the chances to hit by roughly 10% for each item in the game.

For grenades, I added the chance of disabling movement. The idea was, you would've been wounded enough that you couldn't move fast enough to get to a new zone, but you could still defend yourself and fight. I think in the future, I'll look at either reducing movement (where movement and a map are actual entities, it might make a difference if a player can only move 1 zone for example.) Thoughts?

For defense items, I used to have the pot lid help block 3 attacks before breaking and both that and the bulletproof vest only reduced the chance of death instead of negating it. Players using one or both of the above could still die to attacks.

Hiding, something new I wanted to try. What did you all think of it?

For the backpack in the future, I'm thinking about either:

1) Only hiding items/weapons, not anything you wear like camouflage or a bulletproof vest etc.
    2) Only hiding 1 item per night.
    3) Hiding X item(s) AND allowing you to hold more than 3 items.

Thanks again for your time and feedback.

Ardor on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think DA was sliiiightly annoyed by the baseball bat

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It was my 1st Royal and I had fun. That's about all I can add.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I really missed the team aspect of this game, since it is a mini and we can't have teams perhaps we can choose to be lovers?

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I really missed the team aspect of this game, since it is a mini and we can't have teams perhaps we can choose to be lovers?

Only if I get to be with you honeybuns :winky:

And I agree with Toxic. It was my first Royale, but it was a lot of fun. I wasn't even around for the Royales that started it all, but I wish I was. This allowed me to touch something of renown... /stare off into space

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I took out the team aspect due to it being a mini and time constraints. The team aspect is one of the biggest things this game has IMO. The games have also tried to give you all the options you need plus interactions via pms or otherwise to figure out how to use the tools given to you.

A PR3 will eventually be coming once everything settles down with the others helping with it.

Ardor on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I took out the team aspect due to it being a mini and time constraints. The team aspect is one of the biggest things this game has IMO. The games have also tried to give you all the options you need plus interactions via pms or otherwise to figure out how to use the tools given to you.

A PR3 will eventually be coming once everything settles down with the others helping with it.

We made out own teams, of course they only lasted about a day.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Or less in some cases. I'm looking at you Max.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I wanted to ask about how people felt about the mugging option of the baseball bat and the chance to disarm someone with the length of wire. Should I just give players the option of choosing kill or disarm for the wire? Alternatively, should I make the baseball bat work as the wire does now, where if you fail to kill your opponent you may instead grab a random item off them with a % chance?

I like the way it is set up currently.
    I'm a big fan of choice, but I don't see a scenario where someone would choose to disarm with the WIRE instead of kill. With the Baseball Bat you get a higher chance to hit, and can get around someone's POT LID by mugging them, but as the wire is unblockable so I don't see any advantage in choosing to disarm with it.
    The megaphone is something I tried to make useful. In past games, it simply was a free action allowing you to shout messages to your zone and any surrounding zones. What do you all think of it?

I also reduced the chances to hit by roughly 10% for each item in the game.
    Yes The megaphone is much more useful this way. We have the public thread to shout in, so the megaphone's original ability was only marginally useful. It would be great if the player could choose to either REDUCE chances to hit, or BOOST chances through an inspirational speech or something to that effect.
    For grenades, I added the chance of disabling movement. The idea was, you would've been wounded enough that you couldn't move fast enough to get to a new zone, but you could still defend yourself and fight. I think in the future, I'll look at either reducing movement (where movement and a map are actual entities, it might make a difference if a player can only move 1 zone for example.) Thoughts?
    I like it. I think it would add some variety to have the ability to trap someone in a closing zone by reducing their movement. It also allows for teams to be broken up inadvertently.
    For defense items, I used to have the pot lid help block 3 attacks before breaking and both that and the bulletproof vest only reduced the chance of death instead of negating it. Players using one or both of the above could still die to attacks.
    The pot lid blocking one attack seems better to me as it encourages team work.
    From what I remember, players treated the percentage-based bulletproof vest as if negated anyway. I think the mechanic is simplified and cleaner as it now. Plus it grants an immediate advantage to melee weapons which are inferior to ranged in almost every way.
    Hiding, something new I wanted to try. What did you all think of it?
    I heartily approve. It allows for ambushes and traps which is fantastic. I think we were all contemplating hiding in a zone with some dynamite. I worry that in a larger game it might be abused though with someone just hiding every turn, but this would be offset if people could search one zone over like they used to.
    For the backpack in the future, I'm thinking about either:

1) Only hiding items/weapons, not anything you wear like camouflage or a bulletproof vest etc.
    2) Only hiding 1 item per night.
    3) Hiding X item(s) AND allowing you to hold more than 3 items.

Thanks again for your time and feedback.

The backpack's main advantage is that it hides everything. I was never more worried in this game than when I stepped into a zone where everyone had a backpack besides me. I mean they all had the information they needed to successfully kill me and I had diddly squat.
    Options 2 & 3 though hold a lot of promise as it would be fun to evaluate which item(s) need to be hidden.

durax on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

You're one to talk. You and Roo.

Also, I pretty much agree with everything Durax has said.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

You're one to talk. You and Roo.

Agreed, what happened to hacker blood Toxic? At least you got your just desserts.

iamtheaznman on