As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MORDHEIM at PAX!

ArcoArco Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in PAX Archive
I'm an old school Games Workshop enthusiast who's mostly interested in the Fanatic games. My favorite is Mordheim. As such, I'm tentatively planning to run a Mordheim campaign during the three days of PAX. This thread is to test the waters and see how many people would be interested.

For the uninitiated, Mordheim is a small-scale skirmish game set in the Warhammer fantasy universe. We would need at least 4-5 warbands to run a successful campaign. Typical warbands are anywhere from 5-10 models. The Mordheim rulebook is free to download and print via the Fanatic website, and almost every race/subset in WHFB is supported and present in Mordheim, so chances are if you have fantasy models that you use for larger games you can make them work for Mordheim with little or no additional effort.

The greatest thing about Mordheim, and the reason it's one of my favorite GW games, is that campaigns are continuous. Warbands will gain experience, take injuries, find loot, grow stronger, really take on character and life of their own, and eventually at the end of the three days we'll have an overall winner. We might even have prizes if people want. That would certainly make it interesting, and I'm up for whatever.

The rules should be very familiar to anyone who's played a GW/tabletop game before, so even if you've never played Mordheim specifically it won't be a big deal for you to play. All you need are models, really. I'm sure we'll find ourselves with a supply of dice, measuring tapes, etc. If anyone has any terrain they can bring that would be useful, too, but these are details to be worked out later. Right now I'm just checking to see if the interest is there before I get all excited.

So, here's the million dollar question: who wants to play some Mordheim at PAX? Ultimately if the interest is enough I'll bring my minis, terrain, rulebook, etc. and try my best to coordinate the thing in advance of and at the expo. I get really into campaigns when the interest is there. It will be a lot of fun, especially over three days surrounded by like minded, awesome people.

Thanks in advance and see you all there!

Like this, not like the gas station.
Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
Satellite Theater for life!
Arco on

• ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bump ftw?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    40K/Fantasy ftw?

I've never played Mordheim. The only Fanatic games I've dabbled in are Warmaster and Bloodbowl. Other than that I've stuck to the two Warhammer 'verses.

TrainwreckX on
This discussion has been closed.