As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]-Fil-A

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I never realised they developed digital picture frames. I may have to buy me one.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Church wrote: »
    You just don't get it, dude. This is the same as weeaboos who spell "Metropolis" as "Metroporissu".

Yeah, you're talking about Slavic phonetic purism or some shit. Something absolutely nobody cares about. Enjoy your pointless little crusade that nobody will ever give a god damn about. I'm so sorry you weren't born Japanese so you'd have a legitimate gripe about something and instead you have to invent an issue to get huffy about. "Sorry" in a "I pity you" kind of way. Being a completely useless person is obviously working out for you on some level, so I don't want to stand in your way of that. Have fun with it!

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So anyway guys, what I was trying to say before, is that Nichya wrote a lot of t.A.T.y.'s music. Or maybe all of it. I don't know.

Drez on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    I never realised they developed digital picture frames. I may have to buy me one.

I stare at them at work everyday and think the same thing. where I work had damn good prices on them last black friday, I'm hoping they do it again.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I demand a cat fight!

Quick, somebody bring me a bowl of the most plump grapes and slather my belly in rich chocolate sauce!

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I demand a cat fight!

Quick, somebody bring me a bowl of the most plump grapes and slather my belly in rich chocolate sauce!

shall I feed them to you off the vine or would you like a bowl?

Variable on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    hey guys!

I'm going to bed!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    hey nexus!

!

Variable on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    hey guys!

I'm going to bed!

[strike]Dude, it's going to take me at least two hours to get there.[/strike] Good night.

Drez on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    morning [chat]

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    I demand a cat fight!

Oh sirrah! Dangle them tauntingly over my face as I pick at them with my teeth!

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You just don't get it, dude. This is the same as weeaboos who spell "Metropolis" as "Metroporissu".

I think everyone gets it, we just don't care. At all. Ever. End of discussion.

135891.jpg

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    If I could meet someone that didn't technically exist I think it would be Sailor Moon.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    hey nexus!

!

Hey muffin!

i mean bob

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

135891.jpg

Hahahahahhaahhahahaha Wharrgarbl.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I demand a cat fight!

Oh sirrah! Dangle them tauntingly over my face as I pick at them with my teeth!

fear not, they've been washed clean.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    that's the first one of that style picture that I've saved. excellent.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    That's the best poster spoof. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. That dog looks like he's having so much fun, but simultaneously is in so much pain.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    See I used to do that, too. So I see why you would do it, because that's the way it's rendered in Cyrillic and it's a Russian musical group. And I used to do the same thing. I used to actually type in Cyrillic whenever I was typing something Russian; in fact I think you could actually find some posts in here where I've done just that.

But then, I was thinking about how much I hate it when weeaboos insert their Japanese bullshit right in the middle of English discussions, and then realised that I was doing the exact same thing. I realised there was a conflict there so I started thinking about it. I used Cyrillic for Russian/Goryuni, because that's the way it's written, and I felt like I would be doing the language wrong by rendering it in English characters just so people not familiar with Cyrillic could understand it, which is, I assume, probably the reasoning weeaboos would give you for their bullshit.

And so then I examined why I hate aforementioned weeaboo bullshit so much. It's because they're alienating everyone that doesn't understand or care about that shit. Now, that's not to say that, for some reason, English should take precedence. I don't flip out when I hear people speaking in Spanish in public. But if I'm talking to some people in English, and then they suddenly just start talking to each other in Spanish, yeah, that's rude, because they're in the middle of a conversation with me and now I don't understand what the hell they're saying.

The argument of preserving the original rendering of the language stands, sure. But you're opening the door by introducing something from a foreign language into a conversation that's in English; that should take precedence.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Drez wrote: »

135891.jpg

I'm glad someone found that funny it took far too long to find that stupid demotivational, its what people post on fark when they think someone is just saying complete nonesense.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'm not even reading your post church because I don't care about what you care about.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    That's the best poster spoof. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. That dog looks like he's having so much fun, but simultaneously is in so much pain.

It's funny to me because I used to have a dog that would do the same thing, he'd try and eat the hose water and get frustrated with his failures.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008

135891.jpg

I'm glad someone found that funny it took far too long to find that stupid demotivational, its what people post on fark when they think someone is just saying complete nonesense.

I think it's my new favorite demotivational. Never seen it before...hilarious.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    That's cool, dude. Continue being an asshole about it even though I've presented you my reasoning. That'll get you places.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I think it's my new favorite demotivational. Never seen it before...hilarious.

Well I'm just glad I could share a slice of humor for you.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    That's cool, dude. Continue being an asshole about it even though I've presented you my reasoning. That'll get you places.

135891.jpg

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Has that been reported for awesome? Preacher's wharrgarbl post, I mean. Should it be? God, I laughed so hard.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Drez, Church, would you just shut up and get to fucking already? We all know that's what you really want.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sunday mornings are always fun...today people arguing about stuff that sounds quite complicated before i've had my second cup of coffee.

More coffee, then try to read forums. That might help.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ah drez being an ass

sunrise sunset

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Yeah it'll earn me demerits with the "Don't Use y For oo When You're Typing Russian Phonetically Super-Troop" that you're apparently a booster for. Whoopdidoo.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ah drez being an ass

sunrise sunset

Go to bed before I smack you in the face with my massive
    hands.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Has that been reported for awesome? Preacher's wharrgarbl post, I mean. Should it be? God, I laughed so hard.

Go for it, but alas I don't think the particular nuance would come across just right.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ah drez being an ass

sunrise sunset

Go to bed before I smack you in the face with my massive
    hands.

I love ya ma you know that

despite my constant berating I do

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Go for it, but alas I don't think the particular nuance would come across just right.

Yeah, I'd have to edit in all the other bickering to make it right.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    "You're wrong and I'm right and I don't even care what your actual position is" will earn you demerits with pretty much everyone outside of schoolyards and *chan.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    l_49c87534788e03f10723c47428b9d59c.jpg

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    "You're wrong and I'm right and I don't even care what your actual position is" will win you demerits with pretty much everyone outside of schoolyards and *chan.

The point is that even if you're "right" nobody cares and you shouldn't have even commented about it.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Ok no more image posting from me, thats like 3, I don't want to appear thats all I do.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
    eifjaifaeijfiaejf
    l,vvmmvv
    vjvnf
    fieafieifiefefiefifeifieafiefpoepwjpoewfjpoewjpojewofjwefoewjfpoejfpoewjfpojfpojefpoewpjo

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
This discussion has been closed.