As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New PC- Clicking Sound every 12 seconds

HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
So I just got my shiney new PC all assembled and windows installed but there something odd going on.

Every 11-12 seconds I get the "Start Navagation" sound effect like I've clicked on a link. I found out that by disabling a sound effect for that for the "Start Navagation" action in the sound settings I can stop the clicking so it's not a huge deal but has anyone else ever come across this?

HappylilElf on

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I had this once, it was a minute or two between the clicks though. And uh.. I am pretty sure my computer is rather screwed up right now because of several virii so that could be it. I have been too lazy to format really. No idea what did it. It only happened until the computer restarted itself.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I just got my shiney new PC all assembled and windows installed but there something odd going on.

Every 11-12 seconds I get the "Start Navagation" sound effect like I've clicked on a link. I found out that by disabling a sound effect for that for the "Start Navagation" action in the sound settings I can stop the clicking so it's not a huge deal but has anyone else ever come across this?

do a virus and addware scan

use task managers to stop processes till you dont hear it anymore

try those first, it could be alot of things but a program refreshing is the most likely cause.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    use task managers to stop processes till you dont hear it anymore

Be careful when you do this. I managed to reboot XP a couple of times by ending certain system processes.

Cyvros on